April 19, 2024, 10:16:52 PM

Author Topic: Sunderland pull T&T captain from USA match.  (Read 13026 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland pull T&T captain from USA match.
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2008, 11:17:29 AM »
May we have help from the heavens on Wednesday night, Akile Edwards and Akile Guevara  ??? What the hell are we thinking.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: YORKE RECALLED (by Sunderland)
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2008, 11:22:18 AM »
Yea, lemme hear all of all yuh who was telling Keane to hull he mudda so and so...steups.

As I said in the previous thread....D Boss speak.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=37592.0

It doh matter how much friggin times Yorke retire and un-retire no one should have the power from stopping any player from his country in a major thing like World Cup qualifying matches,ah say nobody and ah mean nofactingbody.That is the way football going in our times yuh doh own them bcoz yuh pay them.

Its written all over the international news wire dat Dwight Yorke of Trinidad and Tobago came out of retirement to resume football duties for his country..................tell Kean to shut he dutty mudderkhunt...........he feel Yorke chupid ah wah

If Yorke want's to represent his country then that is his choice.  Keane needs to shut his ass...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:No Fli,them fellas really cuss Keane?they feel Yorke stupid or what,i'm the one who was getting the heat for this.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2008, 11:28:54 AM »
Conspiracy theory:

Maybe Yorke is gettin too slow (with age/injury as was evidenced by the last game and vouched for by the Guat coach) and while still has a lot to contribute to the game and will figure into Maturana's plans, for this specific game against the US he is probably more of a liability. Maturana may have told him him you will come off the bench against the US or possibly may not play at all.  If Keane sees his player made a trip across the Atlantic to come off the bench (or not play at all) that would NOT be the right message to the Sunlun manager......

To save face.....he and Maturana thought it best he return to Sunlun since he is not needed specifically for the US game....

Just a theory......

go ahead...hit it for 6 !! ;D
Warrior For Life !!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2008, 11:31:31 AM »
Conspiracy theory:

Maybe Yorke is gettin too slow (with age/injury as was evidenced by the last game and vouched for by the Guat coach) and while still has a lot to contribute to the game and will figure into Maturana's plans, for this specific game against the US he is probably more of a liability. Maturana may have told him him you will come off the bench against the US or possibly may not play at all.  If Keane sees his player made a trip across the Atlantic to come off the bench (or not play at all) that would NOT be the right message to the Sunlun manager......

To save face.....he and Maturana thought it best he return to Sunlun since he is not needed specifically for the US game....

Just a theory......

go ahead...hit it for 6 !! ;D

Good theory Bago, BTW, dais a googly, ah leffin dat outside de off stump   :devil:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2008, 11:32:14 AM »
Yorke still searching for fitness, he just play de first full 90 minute in a while, we going to de US missing other players, Keane causing trouble already, he trying to crack Sunderland lineup.................allyuh doh think dis match is a great one fuh him to miss?  Man talking bout banning de man. We accustom struggling in de states, let de man go back and continue he training, hopefully get pick and get some playing time, keep bullerman Keane happy, and Yorke available for future important, MORE winnable( english sah ) games. Do we best on Wednesday and plan fuh later on .
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2008, 11:46:20 AM »
Yorke is very valuable to the team, but we played well without him and won in cuba, i am being positive as to say that we can win without him, the US did not look impressive at all and if we attack we can win or draw at least; i dont see any reason to lose hope.

I did not see the Cuba game but was fortunate (or unfortunate) to have been lucky to see most of the games played this year live in the Stadiums. We can be positive about winning without Yorke but based on the teams performance on Saturday, I do not think that winning without Yorke is a realistic option against the best team in Concacaf (A comment not made lightly, the US are for real in the 21st Century).  As uninspirational as the US plays at times, they will not be easily beaten at home by a sub-standard team.  I am not loosing hope but Saturday night's performance was hands down the best against a quality opponent in almost two years.  I attribute that to the return of the black listed players and moreso the leadership and confidence exuded by Yorke on the pitch.  Since the performances were similar with the return of the black listed players prior to Yorke's return, I put his presence on the field as what pushed us to the next level in terms of on field perfomance.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2008, 12:14:54 PM »
Well Yes!!...This go be interesting...Thought Whitley would have recuperated from he injury by now...Hmmm well most likely this game will be on ESPN and de whole world go be watching we..leh we see if Maturana will call in Birchall to replace Yorke

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2008, 12:16:10 PM »
Yea, lemme hear all of all yuh who was telling Keane to hull he mudda so and so...steups.

It doh matter how much friggin times Yorke retire and un-retire no one should have the power from stopping any player from his country in a major thing like World Cup qualifying matches,ah say nobody and ah mean nofactingbody.That is the way football going in our times yuh doh own them bcoz yuh pay them.

Its written all over the international news wire dat Dwight Yorke of Trinidad and Tobago came out of retirement to resume football duties for his country..................tell Kean to shut he dutty mudderkhunt...........he feel Yorke chupid ah wah

If Yorke want's to represent his country then that is his choice.  Keane needs to shut his ass...

I'm sorry... exactly what is your point??

Everything that was stated in that thread still stands true today... the only thing different is that Yorke decided to cave to the pressure this time.  

As per FIFA "country over club".  If Yorke decided he absolutely wants to play then there is nothing that Keane can do to stop it... other than threaten some sort of repercussion.  Finally Keane still needs to shut his ass... and based off the nonsense nitpicking you doing, you need to do the same as well.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2008, 12:41:00 PM »
Hey allyuh think dem Yankes calling favors?  Sounding real fishy to me. :-\
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2008, 12:56:12 PM »
Thee Boi Yorke ent play fuh thee El Salvado game nor thee Cuba game let him ride out!! Somebody text tha boi fuh meh deh. Anton, yuh have thee number in yuh phone from thee last text right??  "Ahh did tell him he was not playing fuh thee two games but we go need him". Oh yeah text thee other two fuh meh...thee one who like to stand up but he could score goals.  ;D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2008, 01:25:11 PM »

Everything that was stated in that thread still stands true today... the only thing different is that Yorke decided to cave to the pressure this time.  

As per FIFA "country over club".  If Yorke decided he absolutely wants to play then there is nothing that Keane can do to stop it... other than threaten some sort of repercussion.  Finally Keane still needs to shut his ass... and based off the nonsense nitpicking you doing, you need to do the same as well.

I think the point is that all the talk about Keane was misplaced vitriol.

Saying that Yorke decided to cave in is a joke because it has happened before on many occasions. In fact when has Yorke not "caved to pressure" and put TnT in front of his club concerns? We only get a reprieve because for the last two years (his time at Sunderland) he was "retired". Anytime the two come into serious conflict Yorke will probably choose the club, especially if he have to fight for his place.

Keane doesn't exert anymore pressure than other club managers. I not begrudging Yorke because ultimately he has to do what is the best, I agree with Fli that people will attack the manager and excuse Yorke in the same breath like he is a helpless pawn.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2008, 01:25:41 PM »

I guess he trying to say that at the end of the day, we could buss up our mouth down here but when Roy Keane say what he hadda say, all talk done regardless of FIFA rules.

And I guess this latest news prove that he was right.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
  • If it is to be, then it is up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2008, 01:31:21 PM »
oh lord :praying: :praying:please help us we need at least a draw on d road man
wise men talke because they have something to say,fools talk because they have to say something

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2008, 04:11:42 PM »

I think the point is that all the talk about Keane was misplaced vitriol.

Saying that Yorke decided to cave in is a joke because it has happened before on many occasions. In fact when has Yorke not "caved to pressure" and put TnT in front of his club concerns? We only get a reprieve because for the last two years (his time at Sunderland) he was "retired". Anytime the two come into serious conflict Yorke will probably choose the club, especially if he have to fight for his place.

Keane doesn't exert anymore pressure than other club managers. I not begrudging Yorke because ultimately he has to do what is the best, I agree with Fli that people will attack the manager and excuse Yorke in the same breath like he is a helpless pawn.

How is it misplaced?  To make such a statement is to posit that forumites were in error for feeling that Keane had no right to put pressure on Yorke to NOT play for his country.  Of course Keane as manager can advise a player under his charge in any manner that he decides.  To summarily say however that those affected (directly or indirectly) by that advise are in error to voice that displeasure, is devoid of merit.

The only way to justify that statement (men was wrong fuh cussing Keane) would be if he were truly without blame... or more blame lay with Yorke...which seems to be the undercurrent in your post.  From the public comments it's difficult to determine where "more blame lay" between the two.  If you know, then good for you.... but suffice to say that most forumites can only respond to that which they know. 

I don't think todays news prove any more revelatory or dispositive on that issue.

I guess he trying to say that at the end of the day, we could buss up our mouth down here but when Roy Keane say what he hadda say, all talk done regardless of FIFA rules.

And I guess this latest news prove that he was right.

If that's what he's in fact saying then he chose a very inarticulate manner of expressing that.  No one ever disputed whether Keane had a 'right' to say what he said... or whether Keane would prove to ultimately exert more influence on Yorke.  I believe the umbrage was at the fact that Keane should act as though Yorke had no right to even contemplate playing for his country.  Again, as I said above... Keane can say that all he wants... and men could cuss him all they want for having said it. 

To ridicule the futility of men voicing outrage (as seems to be the intent of the post) is unnecessary, since at the end of the day the purpose of this board isn't to effect some kind of change (we're all mostly powerless where that is concerned), the purpose is to 'discuss'... if thru discussion we do end up effecting any change, then that is a tangential by-product, albeit one that is very much welcomed.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 04:13:15 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2008, 04:20:36 PM »
I can't see how you all blaming Yorke. It's not like one of us own a EPL team and can give Yorke a coaching job whenever he cannot play no more. The man have to secure he future and it is up to the TTFF to sit down with Yorke and discuuss his intent before allowing him to join the team. As volatile as Yorke is the onus is on the TTFF. Whereas they don't care, the figure sya 14000 people in the stands for the last game.

It does not matter if Keane play him or not, realise the promise of a coaching job or not, Yorke taking the steps which are necessary to get to where he want to go. Cannot blame him for that.

I totally feel hurt as not having Yorke against USA, but I feel dem bois will surprise de USA team. Also I  totally agree wid you, is all about dat future coaching job, it has nothing to do wid money, he have dat big time. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline vale

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2008, 04:33:09 PM »
Yorke shoud tell Keane shove it and wait till qualifiers are over.

Yorke is at the age that he should be demading not taking orders and begging.

I would like it for him to make one more World Cup. He deserves it and so does the country.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2008, 04:58:14 PM »

To ridicule the futility of men voicing outrage (as seems to be the intent of the post) is unnecessary, since at the end of the day the purpose of this board isn't to effect some kind of change (we're all mostly powerless where that is concerned), the purpose is to 'discuss'... if thru discussion we do end up effecting any change, then that is a tangential by-product, albeit one that is very much welcomed.

BIG STEUPS.

You of all people preaching to men about ridiculing people on the board for expressing their opinion?!? That's the biggest amount of hypocrisy I see this  year!

We only have to scroll down to the 'Obama for Westham Job' for a reflection of how much YOU 'welcome' discussion.

If calling men 'c**t hole' and 'intellectual midgets' is your idea of welcoming discussion, good for you yes.

I really doh know where they find all yuh
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 05:03:39 PM by FLi ! »
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2008, 05:01:36 PM »
What are the options: Randi Patterson close by????
Who moves down to midfield?

Juilus James defense

Where is Kevon C? in all this?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2008, 05:46:27 PM »
york get recall via text message yes  ::) just heard on news
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2008, 05:56:17 PM »
This was the red flag right here...

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=38587.msg471252#msg471252

But he has been called up again for the current qualifiers and insists international duty will not obstruct his club commitments.

The 36-year-old said: "I'm totally in control of the situation.

"I think I need games at the moment and I think going away to play a couple of competitive matches will do me good. The travel aspect isn't great, but I have coped with that in the past and I know how to handle it. I have spoken to the gaffer in the past and nothing has change with my situation with Trinidad & Tobago.

"If it is right for me to go play for them (Trinidad), I will, but if I'm playing a big part in the season here (Sunderland) then I can always take a step back."

Not sure who calling the shots, but if I was Maturana I wouldn't have recalled him on the basis of an iffy commitment like the above one
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2008, 06:02:08 PM »
I am surprised that Yorke was taken away from Trinidad duties on Wednesday.The likelihood is that he would be on the bench,how can that be right when TT is about to play such an important match.Keene has totally disrespected the whole of Trinidad and Tobago and see us as nothing,other managers are the same,for this reason I admire Maturana for using home based players and not pandering to the overseas players.I have always believed that we have never got the best out of our overseas players and this last act of pulling out of such a match is,to say the least,very surprising.Dwight has done everything that he could possibly do on a football field,why couldn't he put up some sort of fight against such an un-educated man like Keene,he was selected for 2 matches and that should have been the case.What is worse is that he may not even play on Saturday for Sunderland.I still feel that we can get a point or even beat the USA,we are now without,HYLAND,WHITLEY,AVERY AND YORKE but I still feel we would survive,I also feel that Yorke could or should have stayed for this match.Keene was out of order and Yorke should have had nothing to fear,its not like he is now making his way in the game,he has seen it and done it,he's been here and there and does not have to depend on Sunderland.I doubt if Maturana would call him back again.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2008, 06:26:38 PM »

BIG STEUPS.

You of all people preaching to men about ridiculing people on the board for expressing their opinion?!? That's the biggest amount of hypocrisy I see this  year!

We only have to scroll down to the 'Obama for Westham Job' for a reflection of how much YOU 'welcome' discussion.

If calling men 'c**t hole' and 'intellectual midgets' is your idea of welcoming discussion, good for you yes.

I really doh know where they find all yuh

I'm not sure if the sucking sound is coming from your mouth or if it's the sound of the air escaping that void between your ears.  For you to run quite to that thread in hopes of finding some indictment of me "welcoming discussion" only proves what panty you really is...because surely it's not hard to discern in that thread where the ad hominems began and where they ended.

But thanks all the same for coming and confirming for me what the true purpose of your petty, nonsense post was all about... in that light I guess it's appropriate then for men to keep reminding you of what a spectacular ass you made of your self in that Adebayor not belonging in the EPL thread.

...cut's both ways.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2008, 06:35:27 PM »
All dis talk about blaming Roy Keane and all de excuses fuh Yorke is bullshit.  Dis situation is very simple.  If Yorke wanted to play Wednesday he woulda play. In dis situation he is protected by FIFA rules.  Yorke chose Sunderland over T&T full stop.  It have nutten to analyze or speculate about.  He chose what is more important to him.  This is de norm fuh Yorke.  Last qualifying campaign was de exception.  Time to tell Yorke thanks fuh yuh contribution over de years.  Thanks fuh leading us to ah world cup but yuh services will no longer be required fuh T&T. With all de crap dat going on fuh de last two years.  We doh need to be dealing with Yorkie and he mess again.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2008, 07:04:21 PM »
someting telling me dis have nothing to do with sunderland ... anyone have any offical sunderland report saying keano ask yorke to come back ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2008, 07:34:14 PM »
Yorke has always done this to TT,I remember quite clearly when he was at Villa,I saw him play for 80 minutes,he had an exceptional game without the slightest signs of injury.He was substituted and the report next day stated that he picked up an injury,the fact is he was about to represent TT in a WC match so he was not allowed to go to TT.The following Saturday he promptly played for Villa without the slightest sign of an injury.I have seen him do it over and over.
York had one good reaso for wanting to represent TT in the run up to 2006 and that was to showcase himself for the EPL once again,Yorke never really wanted to stay in Australia.Yorke used TT to get to Sunderland.I hope we totally forget him now.He has done it many times before.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2008, 07:53:33 PM »
On I95.5 fm this morning Jack Warner was interviewed on the issue.  He said on Friday night Dwight showed him a text message (yes ah text message), form Keane requesting that he come back to Sunderland.....

Interesting that we haven't heard anything official from Sunderland yet....he left for UK since yesterday....
whey Cartman et al??....where is a good spy when yuh need one....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2008, 08:29:07 PM »
I said it once, and I'll say it agian, f**k you Roy Keane.  I was going to wear my Sunderland David Connolly jersey to the match on Wednesday but now I'll just wear my red Blackhawks jersey.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2008, 08:41:50 PM »
I said it once, and I'll say it agian, f**k you Roy Keane.  I was going to wear my Sunderland David Connolly jersey to the match on Wednesday but now I'll just wear my red Blackhawks jersey.

excuse me but yuh was going and wear yuh what ??

lol..

i have a dog in desperate need of ah bathing if yuh care to volunteer that jersey..

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2008, 08:42:40 PM »
BM I wit u it have more than d mortar than d pistle
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2008, 08:45:46 PM »

i stand by meh words wit a few additions..............tell Keane haul he rancid dutty badminded mudderkhunt........fuh political reasons i eh go say nuttin tuh Yorke..............but ah will say if he made d decision of team over country den is time fuh we to severe ties and focus on the players who can give we 100% commitment without complications................but den again why should players give 100% committment when d federation playing musical chairs every game

1]; } ?>