April 26, 2024, 03:36:28 PM

Author Topic: Track star arrested in Gainesville on gun charge  (Read 2302 times)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Track star arrested in Gainesville on gun charge
« on: September 08, 2008, 10:47:39 AM »
Track star arrested in Gainesville on gun charge
Jeremy Fowler | Sentinel Staff Writer
7:45 PM EDT, September 7, 2008

GAINESVILLE - World-class track and field star Xavier Carter was arrested in Gainesville early Sunday morning for carrying a concealed weapon, according to Alachua County jail records.

Carter, 22, a Palm Bay native, was released this morning without bail after agreeing to appear in court for his third-degree felony charges, according to jail records.

Police found a loaded Smith & Wesson .40-caliber pistol in the pocket of Carter's driver-side door after he was pulled over for driving with a business-purpose-only license, according to jail records. Carter told police he shot the gun earlier in the day but didn't specify where and why, the records stated. The gun reportedly was not in a holster.

Carter attempted to switch seats with the passenger of the car upon being pulled over, the records stated.

Carter is a former football and track athlete at LSU who once held the world's second-fastest time in the 200 meters with a 19.63-second performance in the 2006 Athletissima Super Grand Prix in Switzerland. Carter failed to qualify for the Olympics in Beijing, finishing in eighth place in the 100-meter trials.

This wasn't Carter's first brush with the law in Gainesville. Carter was arrested but not charged last December along with Gators defensive end Jermaine Cunningham after an altercation with an employee at a local sandwich shop.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-xavier-carter-arrest-090708,0,2495147.story

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Track star arrested in Gainesville on gun charge
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 11:35:25 AM »
dis man was LSU star sprinter ahead of Richard Thompson and Trindon Holliday.  now he getting involved in this stupidness.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 11:44:03 AM »
This is the 3rd time in a little over a year that he has been arrested. First he went to some party got drunk with his friends and then they decided it was cool to box in this girl's car and stat stomping on the roof and hood of the car. His parents then decided it was best for him to move back home(Florida) and within the first month of being there he gets himself involved in another piece of pettiness when out one night with some friends again one of them decided $1 was too much to pay for a bag of chips and decided to steal it.

Somebody needs to give him ah f#*king kick. >:( Wasting so much God given talent. Nike must me besides themselves with the 750k salary that he has been getting from them. Dix is the only collegian to have signed for more.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 08:21:44 AM »
X-MAN MATH:

750 K in 2006 + made no teams in 2 years and injured and causing drama + seems now to have been very overrated = Nike takes back lots of that money = a certain Trini sprinter gets more lol
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 08:40:04 AM »
All I wanna know is when he f**k up and lose all the money for being stupid who he gonna blame for it?  The system keeping down the black man and all that or maybe is the neighborhood he grow up in ...The Youth is a bum pure and simple and if he keeps up the stupidity he has no one to blame but himself ....he on the path to jail and they will be making documentaries about him in the future about what he could have been when he becomes a homeless bum and all his "friends" no longer around ..... but hey just a thought

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 02:18:50 PM »
He is just keeping it real......

........REAL DUMB!
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 02:27:10 PM »
X-MAN MATH:

750 K in 2006 + made no teams in 2 years and injured and causing drama + seems now to have been very overrated = Nike takes back lots of that money = a certain Trini sprinter gets more lol

I don't think he's overrated, because in his defense, since 2006 he hasn't had a season without a serious injury, so we still have yet to see his true potential. An injury free season and he's a sub-44.50/19.90 guy.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 11:38:54 AM »
Well at least he in shape to run from the police and they still ketch him.....skidmark

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 09:22:18 PM »
O V E R R A T E D!
BORN TO DO IT

1]; } ?>