April 25, 2024, 03:28:51 PM

Author Topic: That welcome celebration was OTT  (Read 3171 times)

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
That welcome celebration was OTT
« on: September 08, 2008, 11:31:11 AM »
Nothing against the athletes, they did the country proud. But what would we do if we won 6 gold medals?

Offline BAGOGYUL

• Miss Yorkeeee....is mi Auntyyy!
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: That welcome celebration was OTT
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 12:05:17 PM »
Listening to it live on i95.5 fm.
Hello...TRY ALLYUH BEST!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 12:19:52 PM »
Nothing against the athletes, they did the country proud. But what would we do if we won 6 gold medals?

Good friggin question!....I am in support in appreciating our athletes who represent de red white and black proudly..but for different level of achievements what are the different standards of appreciation? ...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 12:28:05 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 12:41:35 PM »

Celebrate the same way.  The idea is to show appreciation for their achievements regardless where they place in the race.  The celebration shouldn't be made commiserate and proportional to whether is Gold, Silver or Bronze.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 04:21:29 PM »
live on internet video feed

http://gnxnetwork.com/trythis/new.php

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 08:11:58 AM »

Look here, we are Trinbagonians!! ANY REASON or EXCUSE to celebrate is all that we need!!!  ;D

But you self should know this!! Are you really a Trini or have you been behind d London bridge too long & forget d bridge back home!!  ;)

Btw hope you had a great Notting Hill Carnival! My Mas Band South Connections came 2nd overall & won the best historical mas band presentation on d road!!

Try to make our SC Thank You party on sat 25th oct as it will be off d hook, I will text you d details!

Socapro
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 08:13:40 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 02:28:16 AM »

Look here, we are Trinbagonians!! ANY REASON or EXCUSE to celebrate is all that we need!!!  ;D

But you self should know this!! Are you really a Trini or have you been behind d London bridge too long & forget d bridge back home!!  ;)

Btw hope you had a great Notting Hill Carnival! My Mas Band South Connections came 2nd overall & won the best historical mas band presentation on d road!!

Try to make our SC Thank You party on sat 25th oct as it will be off d hook, I will text you d details!

Socapro

hehehe. Nice one Socapro. I had a great carnival :beermug:. I played with PoisonUK, as I usually do. I will try and make your thank you party. Where is it at?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 02:10:09 PM »
U cannot quantify in $and cts how man does feel when them ting happen. D entire country stop Trinis from all over d globe callin happy like pappy. In 20 yrs when is d norm it go b ok another medal but 4 now let we celebrate we doh have much because WC and olympics is every yrs
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 11:44:49 AM »
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 06:58:10 PM »
In case yuh missed. The homecoming..............
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-828785148117827817&ei=T_vLSLyWOIjy-wGJqY3DAg&q=asafa+powell&vt=lf

Thank you sir  :beermug: I'm sure alot of people in here appreciate you posting this..

The jamaican reporter at the end said "nothing is wrong with wishing"....call me crazy but I endorse Patrick comments about telling our opponents to beware..
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 07:26:53 PM by Sando prince »

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 07:18:17 AM »
Better to walk softly and carry a big stick. LoL

I see TnT Getting serious though...Jamaica needs to ratchet up things to another level as the Bah, UK and US are also coming for us.

1]; } ?>