April 29, 2024, 09:39:13 AM

Author Topic: TnT right mid/wing player options  (Read 7062 times)

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TnT right mid/wing player options
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2008, 10:10:16 AM »
i actually forget bout Patterson yes

how d ass he not in this side????tsk tsk....doh worry to answer....thas jus more hate for Maturana yes
lewwe see what he do Wednesday

The only position givin we trouble is that LB....to put carlos RB...hhmmm maybe ...but i aint seeing it happening.
him and baptiste hadda start though.
and if ya going on recent form, Baptiste deserve a run.

Akile Edwards migth get the bligh freal though....i doh see Hislop or James playin that wing-back vs USA

we go have 1 edwards playing a wingback wednesday...which one?

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2008, 10:15:12 AM »
Anybody know what happen to Atiba Charles?  He jus fall off de scene.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2008, 10:24:38 AM »
Anybody know what happen to Atiba Charles?  He jus fall off de scene.
He signed with Rochester Rhinos back in April, but dey release him soon after because he had some kinda hip injury.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2008, 11:02:07 AM »
Thanx fuh de info Tallman

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2008, 11:19:26 AM »
Patterson was a boss...at least the 2 games he sweat for we.

In the first game I see him he was one of the best on the field. Speed, good tackle, good control, good passing range.

I think he couldnt come back for a friendly and since then he get axe.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2008, 11:24:33 AM »
If I was de coach I would go with de Cyd Gray at left back and Carlos Edwards at right back combo with Thomas and Tallest in central defense.  I would even go so far as to say play with 5 men in defense to start de game. Since Hislop is Pacho Godson and he most likely go start.  I would play Cyd at left back, Carlos at right back, Thomas and Hislop in central defense and Lawrence as a sweeper.  If we survive de first half without conceding a goal then we could probably switch to a more conventional formation in de second half.

I think we have to be realistic. Based on past games against de US and dis current squad getting, 1 point on Wednesday night would be an excellent result. I believe the last time we scored a goal in de US in a world cup qualifier was in 1989.  We have to play this game like we did the second half against Sweden in de world cup.

Nuff, I like wha yuh saying here..

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2008, 11:40:04 AM »
Nuff sense dey nuff
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2008, 11:52:55 AM »
Couple things ....you cant just come on here saying the man have an attitude but refuse to name your source ...in a court of law you will be laughed at and they will quickly move on to the next case so that statement with no proof holds no water.
Secondly Julius has played left back for toronto (though with no great distinction) why not try him at right back and move cyd over to left back?
Thirdly I saw this patterson guy play for Charlston against Atlanta and he really seems an ordinary player...decent turn of pace but he doesnt have anything I see that will add to the squad so to speak that already isn't there.
Pacho is scary with his decisions the problem is we have lost the key to our team Yorke the man who organises and brings calm to our mindless minions around him with him out I see us going down by either one or two goals sadly

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2008, 12:07:06 PM »
People, all yuh seem to forget that coaches make team selections based primarily on what goes on during training sessions. None of us are privy to these sessions, we seeing matches only, and that's the only info we have - the coaching staff seeing the "big picture", and he is providing satisfactory results.

I for one don't care if we blow-out ah team, I just want a win or a draw. Pacho giving us that, and he doing it with ah team all yuh seem to dislike

Any sensible coach would want a team full of motivated, disciplined players at training, this will allow him to effectively put his plans into action. With men like Stern being counter-productive it easy to understand why he not on the team.

Men questioning why Makan starting - Well Makan is one of the most disciplined and committed players around - he studies the central defender position, and is willing to learn ( I have heard the same said about Wolfe). Julius may be a "better" central defender, but Makan is way more disciplined and doesn't carry a chip on his shoulder. I predict that Makan will be T&T first defender to make it big (Championship or higher).

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2008, 12:20:45 PM »
Carlos need lil time on d bench this rounds...ah went d game Saturday and wasnt impressed at all. My boys home say he ballsin a good while now...give Baptiste ah run after wha he do to Revolution.
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2008, 12:45:29 PM »
Thirdly I saw this patterson guy play for Charlston against Atlanta and he really seems an ordinary player...decent turn of pace but he doesnt have anything I see that will add to the squad so to speak that already isn't there.

Ngozi, maybe we saw him on a bad night in Atlanta but I also saw him against DC United and was not impressed.  Sorry guys but he not ready for full fledged international football.  Next....  And by the way, he is not a wing player.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2008, 12:49:44 PM »
I predict that Makan will be T&T first defender to make it big (Championship or higher).

Dog playing at Glasgow Rangers wasn't big enough for you  ???

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2008, 01:04:17 PM »
I predict that Makan will be T&T first defender to make it big (Championship or higher).

Ah hope is not weed yuh does smoke because with comments like that yuh will give weed ah bad name.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 01:35:02 PM by Tallman »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2008, 03:43:23 PM »
well me thread turn into a "left back " thread...but thanks for the vibes..
and please, this have nothing to do with wolfe being a shithong...please understand me...its more about the choices being made by our staff....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>