April 28, 2024, 10:08:25 PM

Author Topic: Trini Gangsta Rap  (Read 6938 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trini Gangsta Rap
« on: October 16, 2007, 12:29:23 PM »
I eh know if to laff...cry...or steups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R56QiDl9vAI

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Trini Gangsta Rap
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 12:49:12 PM »
I eh know if to laff...cry...or steups.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R56QiDl9vAI
so dem Jamaican type lyrics reach TnT long time or is recent?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 02:03:13 PM »
Well, it eh bad musically? Better than "jumptodelefjumtodelefwaveyuhragjumptorightjumptoderight". The cutting edge will never be socially acceptable. Remember when Om Shanti Om and Soca Baptiste was big controversy?
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 05:21:15 PM »
that is shit to de highest degree.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 05:24:22 PM »
Well, it eh bad musically? Better than "jumptodelefjumtodelefwaveyuhragjumptorightjumptoderight". The cutting edge will never be socially acceptable. Remember when Om Shanti Om and Soca Baptiste was big controversy?

Yeah but at least om shanti om was we ting....indigenous style

Except for de very last part...dem youths spittin de verses like dey yankee and doin de chorus like dey yardie.......bess dey trow some bagpipes in just confuse deyself even more

say wha, if dat does keep dem off the street and in the studio....more power to them
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 05:37:38 PM »
apparently it is a big thing now in Trini
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 05:59:32 PM »
You know if he was really good ,alyah widin"t say nothing . 

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 08:50:37 PM »
nah man, it decent. the last piece of the video the fella show he have a lil skills' the hook is kinda catchy too.   lyrically the song is at least as good as any crap jeezy, joc or one of them other imps have on rotation. 

them fellas from a tough part of trini and they just choosin the music they feel best expresses their reality.   

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Philbert launches probe into violent Internet video
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 05:48:46 AM »
MURDER RAP
Philbert launches probe into violent Internet video
From trinidadexpress.com

Tuesday, August 26th 2008

Acting Police Commissioner James Philbert has launched an investigation into the individuals appearing in a locally produced music video currently circulating on YouTube, which contains threats against the lives of police officers and a recently murdered gang leader.

"I have just looked at the video and we are in the process of identifying the area," Philbert said yesterday.

Confirming it is in fact the St Barb's Police Post in the video background, Philbert said pictures of the men will be distributed to various police stations.

"It is a cause for concern, we are seeing the guns and hearing what appears to be gunshots. This just goes to show these men believe that the best way to depict their lawlessness is through song," Philbert said.

The video, which appears to have been shot in Laventille, features the voices of young men "freestyling" (composing lyrics on the spur of the moment) about "killing babylon". Babylon is a Jamaican term used to describe police officers. The video also showcases 9 mm pistols and explicit lyrics and the echoing of gunshots.

The singers make mention of executed gang leader Merlin "Cudjoe" Allamby, where they state Allamby "have to dead", since he has "sold out the youths" to law enforcement officers.

Allamby, 35, of San Juan, was shot dead on July 22 while visiting a murder scene. No one has been held for the killing.

A few seconds into the video, a man is positioned a short distance from the St Barb's Police Post, where, when singing the chorus: "....Cudjoe and Babylon dem know dey have to dead, dem sell out de youths them to the feds...", he points to the St Barb's post.

Boasting about being a gunshot survivor, one of the singers sang that other communities who seek war need to think twice, since several of their gang members are incarcerated. The singer further notes that members of his gang are nursing injuries-one of whom is shown as having his hand in cast.

"I got kids on my team with one hand in a cast, got a Tech in the next and they ain't scared to blast..." the singer adds.

The singer also boasts that even a newspaper (not the Express) glorifies the actions of gangs by referring to his gang and his leadership as being "veterans".

Throughout the freestyling, a masked man, armed with a 9 mm pistol, is seen pointing the firearm towards the camera, whilst dancing.

The video has been viewed over 14,000 times and the majority of comments have been negative.

Commenting on the video, Secretary of the Police Social and Welfare Association Neil Warner-Paul said the association was also concerned about the lyrics, since they "seem to be inciting violence aimed at police officers".

Saying laws should be implemented to ban lyrics which promote such violence, Warner-Paul said it appears as though Trinidad is following in the footsteps of some Jamaican artistes who openly preach violence against law-abiding citizens and law enforcement officers.

"What is even more frightening is that they (singers in the video) are holding what appears to be authentic firearms," Warner-Paul said.

The association, he said, is once again renewing its call for officers to be careful whilst on and off duty. However, Warner-Paul said the lyrics voiced in the video should not be taken for granted.

Lyrics

Chorus

We ah go shoot b****man anywhere

Cudjoe and Babylon dem know them have fi dead

Dem sell out de youths dem to de feds (2X)

We ah go shoot p**** anywhere

Cudjoe and Babylon them know them have fi dead

Dem sell out de youths dem to de feds (2X)

Verse One

I'm a big boy rider

Gunshot survior, spit , biting hooks similar to barb wire

I told these f**** I ain't casting plastic

F*** with everything and you going to get ur a** kicked

Now we the best like RUN DMC, and when I step in the club I run de MC

Got these b****** in the back screaming LVT (Laventille for life)

Yuh all know who I be, is S***** and Z**** B

Hush

Before you get boxed down, I'm still working that Laventille

Trini rudeboyz say **** the Hampton

N****** carrying news like S****** N*****

I'm winning in this game so call me Winston

Disrespect I slap you down like honies did to that Indian

T&T win World Cup.... I stop rapping

Grassroots signing de dot...it never happen , b****

Chorus

N****** getting chopped up

Games so f***** up

You want to go to war but your team is locked up

I got kids on my team with one hand in a cast, got a Tech in the next and they ain't scared to blast...

Now I am hanging with my man I got my mojo back

F*** these n*****s only talking mojo jojo rap

It aint the same hot verse I shoulda sing another one

Anyone better than me, yo they better come

Guardian newspapers rate me as a veteran

Ask Ato Boldon I aint scared , I aint never run

I tote Laventille in my arms just like a baby

I smoke and drink rum and people say I'm crazy

I'm buring all your cds like N** in here

Then I s*** on ur team like a diarrhoea

My flow is messed up like ur girl dirty ***

One in meh hand one in meh pram de next one by she auntie

S****z I know its not easy to be living in de ghetto

I've been through the struggle and I would not forget

When we buss shots out ..... and dey peep through de window

(Gunshots heard)

Yuh hear how it echo

Chorus
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: Philbert launches probe into violent Internet video
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 05:53:19 AM »
Damn

Biting hooks like barbed wire?   :o

dey real bad back home man ???
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 07:56:53 AM »
WHO HAVE DE LINK??!!.....its being discussed on Power102 fm now and they making it sound really bad.  They took at look at it and decided that they would not give the link to the video....

I cyar access You Tube here at work or else ah woulda done gone digging already....

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 08:14:12 AM »
WHO HAVE DE LINK??!!.....its being discussed on Power102 fm now and they making it sound really bad.  They took at look at it and decided that they would not give the link to the video....

I cyar access You Tube here at work or else ah woulda done gone digging already....

see here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R56QiDl9vAI

it's been up quite a while now.
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 08:18:37 AM »
Really??.....hhhmmm.....interesting....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 08:38:24 AM »

see here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R56QiDl9vAI

it's been up quite a while now.

somebody pull it down before they pull it down..

diehard where yuh?

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008, 08:44:21 AM »
wait nah, they now talking bout that video? yuh know how long that up on youtube?

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 12:19:17 PM »
lyrically the youths have a lil flow man. I want the people who complainin' most to post a video of their best efforts.  hopefully somebody could encourage them to drop a few more tracks and help some other youths do something constructive...but dem really gettin' tie up bad with the tupac style - livin the life you singin' bout.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 03:25:30 PM »
yes things are hard, but that is no excuse for singing them kind of lyrics.  It easy for allyuh to praise them. But them is the same fellahs who wil jump you or a member of your family.Then let meh hear all yuh compliment nice lyrics or catch hooks. 

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2008, 05:00:06 PM »
Fack Trinidad babbylon.. Battyman police fi get bullet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Black Lives Matter..

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2008, 05:01:44 PM »

Cutting edge hoss?  ??? ::)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2008, 09:40:12 PM »
I laffing my head off at dis whole saga. I walkin to de bus route dis morning and see de front page of express....and do a double take. Dis video out a year now and dem now discover it? ahahaha.

Buh de man saying he didnt mean nuttin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyFETjGp_lI
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 10:30:08 PM »
well alyah send on the wild yard fowl chase and this sound ok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpDFtA_w7J8&feature=related

and if the police doh like them first guys these guys doh like them either lol war go like this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75pou34uoaQ&feature=related

« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 10:39:48 PM by Quagmire »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 02:14:44 AM »

^^^^^ this sounds arrite...but why dem fool and dem rapping about eating KFC like dat is some kinda status sumting? lol

and if the police doh like them first guys these guys doh like them either lol war go like this song

^^^ this one here is rank shit... Trini gangsta cRAP.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 02:16:42 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rapper: It was only lyrical battle
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2008, 05:11:58 AM »
By Nigel Telesford (Trinidad Express)

Laventille resident Stephen "Shines" Sampson, who is under investigation by police for his part in a violent "FBI" video, yesterday described himself as a peace-loving citizen who does not battle anymore in rap.

Acting Police Commissioner James Philbert said on Monday that the individuals who took part in the video preaching violence against the police, which was posted on YouTube, were to be investigated.

Up to yesterday, no warrant had been issued for the arrest of 39-year-old Sampson.

However, Philbert was said to have issued instructions for his investigating officers to consult the Director of Public Prosecutions on the matter, to see whether the police can proceed with any action.

Speaking exclusively to the Express yesterday, Sampson said he had not been contacted by police. He said the whole affair was "a nightmare" and described the song and video as "a mix-tape track and experimental video that was never supposed to be seen by the public".

He said, "Anyone in the local hip-hop industry can tell you that those lyrics I used on that song are from verses I used when battling in a rhyme cipher. Those lyrics were used to humiliate my opponents and defeat them in lyrical battle, but I never recorded them. Then, a Guyanese friend of mine called Zagga B came up with the hook, which talks about 'cochore' and Babylon, not Cudjoe! Because I needed another track for my latest mix-tape at the time, we put it together, but that song was done quite back in 2004 when I just started growing my ras."

"Cochore" is a Guyanese slang which is used to refer to a police informant. Sampson said he was acquainted with recently executed gang leader Merlin "Cudjoe" Allamby because they lived in the same area. He recalled that Allamby had been interviewed by him and featured in Part One of the "Real Talk" DVD Magazine.

The "Real Talk" DVD Magazine features interviews and testimonials from local artistes and entertainment industry figures, as well as ordinary citizens concerning pressing issues in society and the industry. After three successful editions, the creators of the DVD, Grassroots Entertainment, spawned a popular television programme of the same name, which airs weekly on Gayelle The Channel. Sampson is the host of both the popular DVD and this television programme.

At the time of the "FBI" video, Sampson had a dispute with the members of Grassroots and also called their name in the song. Today, they work together to produce film and edit the "Real Talk" series for broadcast on Gayelle. Sampson said this is indicative of the difference between the imagery depicted in the video and reality.

"Yes, I know that this video is not a positive reflection of my character, my neighbourhood or the hip-hop community in general, which is why it was never released in any form or fashion. It was one of my first attempts at creating a video and I tried to make it as interesting as possible with what I had at the time.

"Today, I am a much more responsible citizen, and I try to help and uplift the youths in my community by teaching them some of the skills I have learnt and encouraging them to get involved in music and the arts, instead of liming on the block or doing illegal things that can get them in trouble."

Admitting that the guns used in the video were not real handguns, Sampson said he was not even present during the taping of those parts of the video which featured the St Barb's Police Station in the background.

He said, "That video was done four years ago, when I was just learning how to edit videos, so I was happy to get any kind of footage. We shot one part on one day with a cyber-cam I borrowed for my computer, but Saga was not there at the time. When he came, he complained about the fact that we shot the video without him, so they went and shot that scene the next day.

"I am a peace-loving citizen now, I don't even battle anymore in rap and if my family get in trouble, who would I have to call, not the police? This is a lesson I have learnt and I hope others will learn from it as well to be careful what you do and say when you're young and reckless because it can come back to haunt you."

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rapper: It was only lyrical battle
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2008, 07:53:19 AM »
By Nigel Telesford (Trinidad Express)

Laventille resident Stephen "Shines" Sampson, who is under investigation by police for his part in a violent "FBI" video, yesterday described himself as a peace-loving citizen who does not battle anymore in rap.

Acting Police Commissioner James Philbert said on Monday that the individuals who took part in the video preaching violence against the police, which was posted on YouTube, were to be investigated.

Up to yesterday, no warrant had been issued for the arrest of 39-year-old Sampson.

However, Philbert was said to have issued instructions for his investigating officers to consult the Director of Public Prosecutions on the matter, to see whether the police can proceed with any action.

Speaking exclusively to the Express yesterday, Sampson said he had not been contacted by police. He said the whole affair was "a nightmare" and described the song and video as "a mix-tape track and experimental video that was never supposed to be seen by the public".

He said, "Anyone in the local hip-hop industry can tell you that those lyrics I used on that song are from verses I used when battling in a rhyme cipher. Those lyrics were used to humiliate my opponents and defeat them in lyrical battle, but I never recorded them. Then, a Guyanese friend of mine called Zagga B came up with the hook, which talks about 'cochore' and Babylon, not Cudjoe! Because I needed another track for my latest mix-tape at the time, we put it together, but that song was done quite back in 2004 when I just started growing my ras."

"Cochore" is a Guyanese slang which is used to refer to a police informant. Sampson said he was acquainted with recently executed gang leader Merlin "Cudjoe" Allamby because they lived in the same area. He recalled that Allamby had been interviewed by him and featured in Part One of the "Real Talk" DVD Magazine.

The "Real Talk" DVD Magazine features interviews and testimonials from local artistes and entertainment industry figures, as well as ordinary citizens concerning pressing issues in society and the industry. After three successful editions, the creators of the DVD, Grassroots Entertainment, spawned a popular television programme of the same name, which airs weekly on Gayelle The Channel. Sampson is the host of both the popular DVD and this television programme.

At the time of the "FBI" video, Sampson had a dispute with the members of Grassroots and also called their name in the song. Today, they work together to produce film and edit the "Real Talk" series for broadcast on Gayelle. Sampson said this is indicative of the difference between the imagery depicted in the video and reality.

"Yes, I know that this video is not a positive reflection of my character, my neighbourhood or the hip-hop community in general, which is why it was never released in any form or fashion. It was one of my first attempts at creating a video and I tried to make it as interesting as possible with what I had at the time.

"Today, I am a much more responsible citizen, and I try to help and uplift the youths in my community by teaching them some of the skills I have learnt and encouraging them to get involved in music and the arts, instead of liming on the block or doing illegal things that can get them in trouble."

Admitting that the guns used in the video were not real handguns, Sampson said he was not even present during the taping of those parts of the video which featured the St Barb's Police Station in the background.

He said, "That video was done four years ago, when I was just learning how to edit videos, so I was happy to get any kind of footage. We shot one part on one day with a cyber-cam I borrowed for my computer, but Saga was not there at the time. When he came, he complained about the fact that we shot the video without him, so they went and shot that scene the next day.

"I am a peace-loving citizen now, I don't even battle anymore in rap and if my family get in trouble, who would I have to call, not the police? This is a lesson I have learnt and I hope others will learn from it as well to be careful what you do and say when you're young and reckless because it can come back to haunt you."

yeah well who this at the end of this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6wqyzFTwsA&feature=related

BnS ah tell yah food is ah big thing lol
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 07:56:27 AM by Quagmire »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2008, 03:45:18 PM »

OK YEAH PLEASE ::)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 11:14:12 PM »
For who eh see the video....a man move fast..swipe it..and upload it again.... :rotfl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16CoG6tlniQ

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 06:37:03 PM »
Well yow ... as far as de imitation thing goes ... imitation dey say is flattery on de big, ent? ... lehwe face it ... if hip hop or rap is de medium, de idiom is american-influenced ... as a man who listen to reggae and dancehall globally ah hadda say from japan to jamdown de constant is in de delivery ... if soca was de ting imitated ... from phrasing to whatever else would be mimicked Trini. So, I eh have a problem with de surface, venting is something that evolves from one generation to de next ...

The real danger underlying all a this is that the mainstream is several steps and a couple heartbeats behind de underworld jugglers. Not a surprise. We live in a reactionary society. Everybody wah to make policy after de fact, not before. Everybody wah go to heaven buh nobody eh wah to dead.

Better a open fire blaze in de video than several fires open all across de country if de blister festers. Den everybody go say ... we never knew, it came from outta de blue. As far as I'm concerned de danger done out de gates, but ah reading men on other threads who spend time saying it isn't so. I'm not on their page. The way I see it is either be prepared to fight fire with fire or be prepared to get engulfed in de flames.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 06:40:08 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 07:32:00 PM »
Well yow ... as far as de imitation thing goes ... imitation dey say is flattery on de big, ent? ... lehwe face it ... if hip hop or rap is de medium, de idiom is american-influenced ... as a man who listen to reggae and dancehall globally ah hadda say from japan to jamdown de constant is in de delivery ... if soca was de ting imitated ... from phrasing to whatever else would be mimicked Trini. So, I eh have a problem with de surface, venting is something that evolves from one generation to de next ...

The real danger underlying all a this is that the mainstream is several steps and a couple heartbeats behind de underworld jugglers. Not a surprise. We live in a reactionary society. Everybody wah to make policy after de fact, not before. Everybody wah go to heaven buh nobody eh wah to dead.

Better a open fire blaze in de video than several fires open all across de country if de blister festers. Den everybody go say ... we never knew, it came from outta de blue. As far as I'm concerned de danger done out de gates, but ah reading men on other threads who spend time saying it isn't so. I'm not on their page. The way I see it is either be prepared to fight fire with fire or be prepared to get engulfed in de flames.

Pissing on de fire not an option?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2008, 10:29:54 AM »

Pissing on de fire not an option?

Well, there's the risk of being exposed. :) Buh yeah, that could be an option.

1]; } ?>