April 27, 2024, 05:36:37 PM

Author Topic: Prayer for the Soca Warriors Thread  (Read 47727 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Match Day Prayer
« Reply #180 on: September 05, 2010, 08:12:04 AM »
Dear Lord,

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host an event such as this.

May it go well and let us show the world our beautiful country Trinidad and Tobago.

Lord give the young ladies today the courage, fight and determination to succeed and keep us safe from injury.

Let them give the country a boost and something to shout about and victory over their opponents.

God Bless T&T

Amen!

Amen!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 05, 2010, 09:27:09 AM »
Dear Lord,

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host an event such as this.

May it go well and let us show the world our beautiful country Trinidad and Tobago.

Lord give the young ladies today the courage, fight and determination to succeed and keep us safe from injury.

Let them give the country a boost and something to shout about and victory over their opponents.

God Bless T&T

Amen!

Amen!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amen Amen!!!!!! please doh let the plight of our girls go the same was as the mens' team. And oh , let the  profits of their labour go towards the development of the sports and not to any private enterprise. May they play with pride, determination and do TnT proud.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 06, 2010, 07:01:49 AM »
Lord thanks for the victory yesterday...hope the lil number 12 is ok and wish her and the rest of the team with any injuries speedy recovery.

Thank you for giving the girls that spirit and determination and for giving us here in TT something to feel good about.

Bless.

Amen.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 06, 2010, 09:20:06 AM »
Lord thanks for the victory yesterday...hope the lil number 12 is ok and wish her and the rest of the team with any injuries speedy recovery.

Thank you for giving the girls that spirit and determination and for giving us here in TT something to feel good about.

Bless.

Amen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. Please keep any known or unknown jackals from interfering with this team.

jack·al  (jkl, -ôl)
n.
1. Any of several doglike mammals of the genus Canis of Africa and southern Asia that are mainly conniving, quasi business men allegedly  profiting from football players, games or known football governing bodies/ organizations (be it international or local),  grants, and occasionally money from government sports allotment.
a. An accomplice or a lackey who aids in the commission of base or disreputable acts.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 09:46:29 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 06, 2010, 10:24:41 AM »

Bless.

Amen.

I agree yuh cyah cosign a prayer u have 2 agree
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 12, 2010, 06:59:53 AM »
Lord,

Sorry for not putting up this prayer thread before the nigeria game...but we coming again hard and strong vs Korea DPR.

Give the ladies the calmness, composure and never say die attitude to grind out the win today.

Give little linfah jones all the courage and bravery to make each impossible save possible and give her the extra energy, jump or reading of the game which will negate her height.

Give all the fwds the ability to take their chances and please let the ref be free from error and bias today.

We going for victory.

Amen.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 02, 2011, 08:51:22 AM »
Dear Lord,

Please grant us your blessings on this new journey toward Brazil.

Please remove all obstacles in our path, may we learn from our past mistakes and may we overcome all adversity.

Please keep our players focused and injury free and give them the belief, drive and determination to never give up.

Thank you Lord for all your blessings and let us start with Victory today over Bermuda.

Lord I also want to say a prayer for #14...may you guide him and comfort him and his family through this time of grief.

Also Lord for all those who have lost a loved one...please comfort them and give them strength.

AMEN!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 02, 2011, 09:44:03 AM »
Lord as we strt another World Cup campaign we pray that u will b with us at evry point from 2day 2 when we play our 1st game in Brazil. In Jesus name AMENNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 02, 2011, 09:48:22 AM »
Amen!  To we Warriors, this our day to stamp our dominance and to the start of the road to Brazil!

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 02, 2011, 10:01:48 AM »
Dear Heavenly Father, I pray that you give the team wisdom and courage as they suit up for our first game in this campaign. Let them know that they can do all things through You.

In Jesus' Name

Amen
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #190 on: September 02, 2011, 10:05:56 AM »
Amen, Play football.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #191 on: September 02, 2011, 10:40:33 AM »

All jokes aside.

Really and truly, our heavenly father helps those who helps themselves. Whether it is on a field of athletic play or a battlefield of death and triumph or a field of corn or a fool's dream or your aunt's best wishes that her nephew would not have sex with that crazy woman down the block. God helps those who helps themselves. In this case, players on the field of play must have the wherewithal to handle their stories or else God Almighty and all your prayers will not make a difference. Maybe allyuh should hope and pray that Jackie baby should come back on a cloud of joy.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 02, 2011, 11:00:44 AM »
Dear Heavenly Father, I pray that you give the team wisdom and courage as they suit up for our first game in this campaign. Let them know that they can do all things through You.

In Jesus' Name

Amen

Amen
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #193 on: September 02, 2011, 11:24:11 AM »

It looks like allyuh looking for a Wim and a prayer. Funny.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 02, 2011, 11:26:43 AM »
Ah wonder if the Bermuda fans praying too, and who's prayer will be answered!  My prayer (hope) is that the the Soca Warriors play to the best of their ability and pray (ask God) that they be free of injury and harm.  Then I will take any outcome!
Amen and Amen!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 02, 2011, 11:30:14 AM »
The Footballers Prayer   often said by teams in the dressing room before matches

Grant me, O Lord, a footballer's skill
With strength of arm and speed of limb.
Unerring eye for the flying ball
And courage to match them what ere befall.
May my aim be steady, my stroke be true,
My actions many, my mistakes few;
And no matter what way the game may go
May I part in friendship with every foe.
When the final whistle for me is blown
And I stand at last at God's judgements throne,
May the referee when he calls my name
Say, 'You played like a man, son; You played the Game‘.
Amen

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 02, 2011, 11:59:52 AM »
The Footballers Prayer   often said by teams in the dressing room before matches

Grant me, O Lord, a footballer's skill
With strength of arm and speed of limb.
Unerring eye for the flying ball
And courage to match them what ere befall.
May my aim be steady, my stroke be true,
My actions many, my mistakes few;
And no matter what way the game may go
May I part in friendship with every foe.
When the final whistle for me is blown
And I stand at last at God's judgements throne,
May the referee when he calls my name
Say, 'You played like a man, son; You played the Game‘.
Amen

amen!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 02, 2011, 10:14:20 PM »
Lord thanks for the victory today.

May we learn from our mistakes and thank you for keeping our players injury free

3 points and onward to Bdos.

Amen.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 02, 2011, 10:40:32 PM »
I did not say a prayer before the game. But I want to say thanks for the victory and no serious or minor incidents or injuries!! Blessed.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 02, 2011, 10:41:45 PM »
Lord thanks for the victory today.

May we learn from our mistakes and thank you for keeping our players injury free

3 points and onward to Bdos.

Amen.

AGREEDDDDDDDDDDD

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #200 on: September 03, 2011, 06:00:58 PM »

Imagine it has come down to allyuh hoping and praying for a victory instead ah preparing for a victory. Once again, God helps those who help themselves. If you fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 04, 2011, 05:07:56 AM »

Imagine it has come down to allyuh hoping and praying for a victory instead ah preparing for a victory. Once again, God helps those who help themselves. If you fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
Seek ye FIRST the kingdom an all things shall be added, in preparing we pray first as we know failure to prepare is an act of surrender, thank you Jesus.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 05, 2011, 08:11:30 PM »
Health to all the players on the field. Give the Warriors the tenacity to pull this thru.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 06, 2011, 08:54:35 AM »
Lord,

Please keep the players safe and injury free. Please protect any of our nationals away supporting the team and may they return safely.

May we correct our mistakes from the previous game and let us not be distracted by the field, equipment, lights, nay-sayers or any other obstacle.

Grant us the ability to perform as best as we can and grant us victory over our opponent today.

Amen.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 06, 2011, 08:57:08 AM »
Lord,

Please keep the players safe and injury free. Please protect any of our nationals away supporting the team and may they return safely.

May we correct our mistakes from the previous game and let us not be distracted by the field, equipment, lights, nay-sayers or any other obstacle.

Grant us the ability to perform as best as we can and grant us victory over our opponent today.

Amen.

AGREED

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 06, 2011, 11:52:52 AM »
Prayer to beat Barbados? I remeber Rene Simoes back in his first stint as jamaica's coach used to wear t-shirts with "Jesus Saves" in the back. During a world cup qaulifying game in Mexico city, there was a fan in the stands wearing a similar shirt, bearing simoes trademark "Jesus Saves" followed by a "...and Hermosillo scores on the rebound".

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 06, 2011, 12:18:36 PM »
Is 4 nil in dem Bimmers rass an me nah even haffi say a pray if ah say a pray it could be six. ;D

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 06, 2011, 01:12:37 PM »
Lord,

Amen.

Amen
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 06, 2011, 01:52:35 PM »
Dear Lord whoever you are wherever yuh deh please doh feel no way coz all de people who praying for we to beat Barbados.....yes Lord yuh hear right Barbados,forgive dem coz dem is of little faith in the boys.
I say loud and clear without a pray we gine play dem off de long grass an tear up dem rass. ;D

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 06, 2011, 02:14:13 PM »
Heavenly father on this day we pray that all our warriors remain injury free and let them be blessed with the faith,strength and confidence to be victorious not just in this game but throughout the entire campaign in your name we pray.

Amen!! 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 02:17:37 PM by saga pinto »

1]; } ?>