April 27, 2024, 05:36:37 PM

Author Topic: Prayer for the Soca Warriors Thread  (Read 47727 times)

Re: Match Day Prayer
« Reply #180 on: September 05, 2010, 08:12:04 AM »
Dear Lord,

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host an event such as this.

May it go well and let us show the world our beautiful country Trinidad and Tobago.

Lord give the young ladies today the courage, fight and determination to succeed and keep us safe from injury.

Let them give the country a boost and something to shout about and victory over their opponents.

God Bless T&T

Amen!

Amen!

« Reply #181 on: September 05, 2010, 09:27:09 AM »
Dear Lord,

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host an event such as this.

May it go well and let us show the world our beautiful country Trinidad and Tobago.

Lord give the young ladies today the courage, fight and determination to succeed and keep us safe from injury.

Let them give the country a boost and something to shout about and victory over their opponents.

God Bless T&T

Amen!

Amen!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amen Amen!!!!!! please doh let the plight of our girls go the same was as the mens' team. And oh , let the  profits of their labour go towards the development of the sports and not to any private enterprise. May they play with pride, determination and do TnT proud.

« Reply #182 on: September 06, 2010, 07:01:49 AM »
Lord thanks for the victory yesterday...hope the lil number 12 is ok and wish her and the rest of the team with any injuries speedy recovery.

Thank you for giving the girls that spirit and determination and for giving us here in TT something to feel good about.

Bless.

Amen.

« Reply #183 on: September 06, 2010, 09:20:06 AM »
Lord thanks for the victory yesterday...hope the lil number 12 is ok and wish her and the rest of the team with any injuries speedy recovery.

Thank you for giving the girls that spirit and determination and for giving us here in TT something to feel good about.

Bless.

Amen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. Please keep any known or unknown jackals from interfering with this team.

jack·al  (jkl, -ôl)
n.
1. Any of several doglike mammals of the genus Canis of Africa and southern Asia that are mainly conniving, quasi business men allegedly  profiting from football players, games or known football governing bodies/ organizations (be it international or local),  grants, and occasionally money from government sports allotment.
a. An accomplice or a lackey who aids in the commission of base or disreputable acts.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 09:46:29 AM by AB.Trini »

« Reply #184 on: September 06, 2010, 10:24:41 AM »

Bless.

Amen.

I agree yuh cyah cosign a prayer u have 2 agree

« Reply #185 on: September 12, 2010, 06:59:53 AM »
Lord,

Sorry for not putting up this prayer thread before the nigeria game...but we coming again hard and strong vs Korea DPR.

Give the ladies the calmness, composure and never say die attitude to grind out the win today.

Give little linfah jones all the courage and bravery to make each impossible save possible and give her the extra energy, jump or reading of the game which will negate her height.

Give all the fwds the ability to take their chances and please let the ref be free from error and bias today.

We going for victory.

Amen.

« Reply #186 on: September 02, 2011, 08:51:22 AM »
Dear Lord,

Please grant us your blessings on this new journey toward Brazil.

Please remove all obstacles in our path, may we learn from our past mistakes and may we overcome all adversity.

Please keep our players focused and injury free and give them the belief, drive and determination to never give up.

Thank you Lord for all your blessings and let us start with Victory today over Bermuda.

Lord I also want to say a prayer for #14...may you guide him and comfort him and his family through this time of grief.

Also Lord for all those who have lost a loved one...please comfort them and give them strength.

AMEN!!!

« Reply #187 on: September 02, 2011, 09:44:03 AM »
Lord as we strt another World Cup campaign we pray that u will b with us at evry point from 2day 2 when we play our 1st game in Brazil. In Jesus name AMENNNNNNN

« Reply #188 on: September 02, 2011, 09:48:22 AM »
Amen!  To we Warriors, this our day to stamp our dominance and to the start of the road to Brazil!

« Reply #189 on: September 02, 2011, 10:01:48 AM »
Dear Heavenly Father, I pray that you give the team wisdom and courage as they suit up for our first game in this campaign. Let them know that they can do all things through You.

In Jesus' Name

Amen

« Reply #190 on: September 02, 2011, 10:05:56 AM »
Amen, Play football.

« Reply #191 on: September 02, 2011, 10:40:33 AM »

All jokes aside.

Really and truly, our heavenly father helps those who helps themselves. Whether it is on a field of athletic play or a battlefield of death and triumph or a field of corn or a fool's dream or your aunt's best wishes that her nephew would not have sex with that crazy woman down the block. God helps those who helps themselves. In this case, players on the field of play must have the wherewithal to handle their stories or else God Almighty and all your prayers will not make a difference. Maybe allyuh should hope and pray that Jackie baby should come back on a cloud of joy.

« Reply #192 on: September 02, 2011, 11:00:44 AM »
Dear Heavenly Father, I pray that you give the team wisdom and courage as they suit up for our first game in this campaign. Let them know that they can do all things through You.

In Jesus' Name

Amen

Amen

« Reply #193 on: September 02, 2011, 11:24:11 AM »

It looks like allyuh looking for a Wim and a prayer. Funny.

« Reply #194 on: September 02, 2011, 11:26:43 AM »
Ah wonder if the Bermuda fans praying too, and who's prayer will be answered!  My prayer (hope) is that the the Soca Warriors play to the best of their ability and pray (ask God) that they be free of injury and harm.  Then I will take any outcome!
Amen and Amen!

« Reply #195 on: September 02, 2011, 11:30:14 AM »
The Footballers Prayer   often said by teams in the dressing room before matches

Grant me, O Lord, a footballer's skill
With strength of arm and speed of limb.
Unerring eye for the flying ball
And courage to match them what ere befall.
May my aim be steady, my stroke be true,
My actions many, my mistakes few;
And no matter what way the game may go
May I part in friendship with every foe.
When the final whistle for me is blown
And I stand at last at God's judgements throne,
May the referee when he calls my name
Say, 'You played like a man, son; You played the Game‘.
Amen

« Reply #196 on: September 02, 2011, 11:59:52 AM »
The Footballers Prayer   often said by teams in the dressing room before matches

Grant me, O Lord, a footballer's skill
With strength of arm and speed of limb.
Unerring eye for the flying ball
And courage to match them what ere befall.
May my aim be steady, my stroke be true,
My actions many, my mistakes few;
And no matter what way the game may go
May I part in friendship with every foe.
When the final whistle for me is blown
And I stand at last at God's judgements throne,
May the referee when he calls my name
Say, 'You played like a man, son; You played the Game‘.
Amen

amen!

« Reply #197 on: September 02, 2011, 10:14:20 PM »
Lord thanks for the victory today.

May we learn from our mistakes and thank you for keeping our players injury free

3 points and onward to Bdos.

Amen.

« Reply #198 on: September 02, 2011, 10:40:32 PM »
I did not say a prayer before the game. But I want to say thanks for the victory and no serious or minor incidents or injuries!! Blessed.

« Reply #199 on: September 02, 2011, 10:41:45 PM »
Lord thanks for the victory today.

May we learn from our mistakes and thank you for keeping our players injury free

3 points and onward to Bdos.

Amen.

AGREEDDDDDDDDDDD

« Reply #200 on: September 03, 2011, 06:00:58 PM »

Imagine it has come down to allyuh hoping and praying for a victory instead ah preparing for a victory. Once again, God helps those who help themselves. If you fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

« Reply #201 on: September 04, 2011, 05:07:56 AM »

Imagine it has come down to allyuh hoping and praying for a victory instead ah preparing for a victory. Once again, God helps those who help themselves. If you fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
Seek ye FIRST the kingdom an all things shall be added, in preparing we pray first as we know failure to prepare is an act of surrender, thank you Jesus.

« Reply #202 on: September 05, 2011, 08:11:30 PM »
Health to all the players on the field. Give the Warriors the tenacity to pull this thru.

« Reply #203 on: September 06, 2011, 08:54:35 AM »
Lord,

Please keep the players safe and injury free. Please protect any of our nationals away supporting the team and may they return safely.

May we correct our mistakes from the previous game and let us not be distracted by the field, equipment, lights, nay-sayers or any other obstacle.

Grant us the ability to perform as best as we can and grant us victory over our opponent today.

Amen.

« Reply #204 on: September 06, 2011, 08:57:08 AM »
Lord,

Please keep the players safe and injury free. Please protect any of our nationals away supporting the team and may they return safely.

May we correct our mistakes from the previous game and let us not be distracted by the field, equipment, lights, nay-sayers or any other obstacle.

Grant us the ability to perform as best as we can and grant us victory over our opponent today.

Amen.

AGREED

« Reply #205 on: September 06, 2011, 11:52:52 AM »
Prayer to beat Barbados? I remeber Rene Simoes back in his first stint as jamaica's coach used to wear t-shirts with "Jesus Saves" in the back. During a world cup qaulifying game in Mexico city, there was a fan in the stands wearing a similar shirt, bearing simoes trademark "Jesus Saves" followed by a "...and Hermosillo scores on the rebound".

« Reply #206 on: September 06, 2011, 12:18:36 PM »
Is 4 nil in dem Bimmers rass an me nah even haffi say a pray if ah say a pray it could be six. ;D

« Reply #207 on: September 06, 2011, 01:12:37 PM »
Lord,

Amen.

Amen

« Reply #208 on: September 06, 2011, 01:52:35 PM »
Dear Lord whoever you are wherever yuh deh please doh feel no way coz all de people who praying for we to beat Barbados.....yes Lord yuh hear right Barbados,forgive dem coz dem is of little faith in the boys.
I say loud and clear without a pray we gine play dem off de long grass an tear up dem rass. ;D

« Reply #209 on: September 06, 2011, 02:14:13 PM »
Heavenly father on this day we pray that all our warriors remain injury free and let them be blessed with the faith,strength and confidence to be victorious not just in this game but throughout the entire campaign in your name we pray.

Amen!! 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 02:17:37 PM by saga pinto »