April 28, 2024, 08:11:40 PM

Author Topic: Prayer for the Soca Warriors Thread  (Read 47785 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Match Day Prayer
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2008, 08:41:12 AM »
 :praying:....The time is now

Offline kaisocagoals

• Supportin' T&T Football,... raise yuh head!... let the ball do the running!
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2008, 10:09:37 AM »
Almighty Father we pray to you for guidance, wisdom, strength and courage to overcome these hurdles placed before us...

To keep us safe and free from harm and to protect us as we take this journey...

With You first, and in front, and for us, who can be against us? who can want to defeat us? for to want to do so only sullies their name Father... Our opposition must see clearly that we are there to do Your work...

we ask this in Your Name, Father...

Amen 
a minute in football is a very long time...

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2008, 04:09:27 PM »
Ah doh want to spoil allyuh pray meeting but when last did prayer ever help anybody,if pray used to help people in their daily lives I would ah be the most ketch-ass person in England.Go on pray to whoever allyuh want to pray to but yuh know what,the Devil in charge ah tings.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2008, 04:11:10 PM »
Fadda I does sometimes go to mass
so please, this time, leh we buss day @%$#
Amen

:-[   TT would be proud of me?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 04:13:04 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2008, 04:24:50 PM »
Ah doh want to spoil allyuh pray meeting but when last did prayer ever help anybody,if pray used to help people in their daily lives I would ah be the most ketch-ass person in England.Go on pray to whoever allyuh want to pray to but yuh know what,the Devil in charge ah tings.

If yuh accept thee devil as to be "in charge" what yuh expect? Thank GOD for grace,mercy and go back to Trinidad. Hell burning right now with real fire.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 04:28:03 PM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2008, 01:21:24 AM »

I not sure which ones are worse - your opinions on football, or your attitudes on life. Nah. I take that back. Definitely the latter :Attitudes like this are what have the world in the state it's in. And this is coming from someone who was just about to ask if something as trite as a football match is worthy of the father's divine intervention with all the nonsense going on in the world.

Nevertheless, Kicker's prayer gave me the answer to that question. Football is just the excuse. Anything that can  provide T&T with some healing is worthy of His intercession.

Amen!
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2008, 04:35:38 AM »
Midknight leh meh say dis,I was never fooled by any kind of religious institution,religion of any does not get to me in any way.Say yuh prayer if it meks yuh happy,it doh do nothing fuh me.I have never really expounded my views on football coz its really very simple.I like to see 10 outfield players all playing for each other with a midfield who can at least hold on to a football to give defenders some breathing space and frontmen a chance to find open spaces,I dont mind seeing my teams drop into defensive position when we loose de ball.Simple!Wah wrong wid dat?Any formation would do as long as the team understand it.Is Shep.Bush to your liking?I have a gyul fren living dey she is half Trini. 8)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2008, 07:55:02 AM »
Midknight leh meh say dis,I was never fooled by any kind of religious institution,religion of any does not get to me in any way.Say yuh prayer if it meks yuh happy,it doh do nothing fuh me.I have never really expounded my views on football coz its really very simple.I like to see 10 outfield players all playing for each other with a midfield who can at least hold on to a football to give defenders some breathing space and frontmen a chance to find open spaces,I dont mind seeing my teams drop into defensive position when we loose de ball.Simple!Wah wrong wid dat?Any formation would do as long as the team understand it.Is Shep.Bush to your liking?I have a gyul fren living dey she is half Trini. 8)
Nah doh get me wrong. After living in France I will be the last one to knock a man for believing in what he want, or believing that he doh believe. What I don't understand is how yu could take a atheist stance (or am I confusing agnosticism for atheism?) and then prompty affirm that "the devil run things"? I don't believe you trying to promote satanism (correct me if I'm wrong) so if you so quick to recognise the hand of the evil one on the goings on of this world, I find it hard that you could just droop your shoulders and claim that prayer (to his "opposite number so to speak") ent worth a try. Or are you one of those who believe in the devil and claim that there is no God?

Now if you had say prayer have nothing to do with a football match I might have been able to meet you halfway.

Anyway, this is all neither here nor there - but the easy thing would have been to stay out of the people thread if you doh adhere to the values in it, since you doh strike me as a fella who go around opening can of worms just for the sheer spite of it.

As for everything else you say, no problem. As far as football goes, that is all most ask - just bear in mind that some of us want the best complementary 11 players on the field while we at it.

ps: The Bush nice enough. I never expect to see so much somalis, fry chicken and call centres  in one street, but it have a nice mix otherwise, and people seem friendly enough. I happy for your gyul fren, but the midlady is one of the jealous types so I will have to continue to pass she straight in the road whether I get to meet her or not lol ;D
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2008, 08:02:32 AM »
I stop pray .. I begging God Almighty now!!!!!!!!!!!!
War
Black Lives Matter..

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2008, 11:01:46 AM »
The will to win is not nearly as important as
 the will to prepare to win.
Let us prepare:   :praying:
O Lord inspire us with desire for 
greatness,to wisely use these gifts and talents
you have so generously given to us as tools
to be used,not treasures to be stored up. Amen.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2008, 12:32:42 PM »
I do hope to meet up with you soon Midknight,yuh might then have a good opinion of me, its a shame the Summer is over anyway there is plenty time and I'll invite yuh down to my place soon.I do have my views about God and relegion but I can assure you that I live to the letter of the law and treat everybody with respect.A friend once asked me what was my religion and I said none,I also told him that I dont believe in God,the next day promptly I heard that my father had drowned in Trinidad,I still haven't changed,I think I am in need of proof about his existance.I would be doing my own kind of pray when we take the field at 3 am,as ah say ah hope yuh accept an invite to my place and meet the family.Regards!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2008, 06:50:11 PM »
BM..blessings...tnt tnt tnt tnt tnt tnt

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2008, 06:51:56 PM »

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2008, 06:55:35 PM »
Lord guide us to victory!

AMEN

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2008, 07:23:16 PM »
I do hope to meet up with you soon Midknight,yuh might then have a good opinion of me, its a shame the Summer is over anyway there is plenty time and I'll invite yuh down to my place soon.I do have my views about God and relegion but I can assure you that I live to the letter of the law and treat everybody with respect.A friend once asked me what was my religion and I said none,I also told him that I dont believe in God,the next day promptly I heard that my father had drowned in Trinidad,I still haven't changed,I think I am in need of proof about his existance.I would be doing my own kind of pray when we take the field at 3 am,as ah say ah hope yuh accept an invite to my place and meet the family.Regards!

There's enough proof all around you , yuh just need to open your eyes, like Bob sang "wake up and live".

one question though. how come there's so much order in the universe without an organizer. it's ah known fact that order cannot come from anarchy. example the sun's rotation on it's axis the planets rotation around the sun in pricise order of days, same for the moon.

the egyptians was not overly religious , but they saw science and creation as one , and who was better in science and technology than them, just look @ nature and you'll get the answers= the seasons and the migration of animals, fruit seasons,  insects migration and mating season of animals, how could there not be someone in controll with all that order in the world ?!!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 07:26:14 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2008, 07:53:19 PM »
Touches or the Mods, this is just a thought

I like how you created this thread for blessings/prayers/motivation/positive vibes for the players.
But after i reach half way, ah just steupse and say another thread mash up

So, is there any possiblities of creating a new thread/permanant sticky for blessings/prayers/motivation/positive vibes for the players ONLY ??? Infact lock the thread. Reading purposes only. That way all the negative thinkers and bashers could say dey        out. 

Only way you can post/contribute is if you PM maybe a mod with your motivational piece....

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2008, 07:54:11 PM »
Blessings T&T!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2008, 07:58:56 PM »
Touches or the Mods, this is just a thought

I like how you created this thread for blessings/prayers/motivation/positive vibes for the players.
But after i reach half way, ah just steupse and say another thread mash up

So, is there any possiblities of creating a new thread/permanant sticky for blessings/prayers/motivation/positive vibes for the players ONLY ??? Infact lock the thread. Reading purposes only. That way all the negative thinkers and bashers could say dey        out. 

Only way you can post/contribute is if you PM maybe a mod with your motivational piece....

good idea cana. ah cah stand when ppl who have nothin positive to add feel dey must post jus because.
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2008, 08:45:34 AM »
It was my non relegious chant in de backyard that got that result.Ah was out dey since 2 am doing my ting,believe me mates. 8) 8) 8)

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2008, 08:16:39 AM »
Lord give us the strength to overcome hurdles this day. Help the players to become focused and play beyond their natural ability. Our father who art in Heaven Hallowed be Thy Name Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in HEAVEN.  Give us a victory today that we’ll forever give your Name the praise… JESUS!  AMEN. Go Warriors. WE can overcome.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2008, 08:22:09 AM »
Amen

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2008, 08:37:07 AM »
Jah ..1

Lat us pray...let us pray

Oh Jah we have been praying for some time and we are thankful for all you have given us,we ask of you to keep making a path for us  possible in all that we do,for we know you are all wise all loving and all unconquerable,give our Warriors the strength,and wisemind to make us have a reason to smile once again

All praise is due to the most High....JAH....RASTAFARI.....hail HIM....hail HIM

Go Warriors

Offline hooligan

• New Warrior
  • Doh push yuh foot...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2008, 08:42:00 AM »
Just to help the lord focus a little bit through all this rhetoric  ;D

Faddah in this time of need, shower we with the following please...

On the whole
  • Tenacity in we forward line.
    Creativity in building the attack and commitment to playing both sides of the game.
    Vigilance and sure footedness in de defense.
but more specifically faddah give;
...Latas - an extra breath in his aging lungs that he might run a little longer and truly showcase we talent.
...Yorkie - an early start to his rhythm to set the foreigners on their heels from early. We know he have the lungs already.
...Me Mums - a nice local girlfriend to keep him coming back cause we need his dogged, hard nosed tackling and ball winning ways in the middle of the field.
...Carlos - Coolness when in front the goal on a clear chance. We may not get many of these in a game.
...Daniel - A longer run once we up on the score sheet. This is an excellent opportunity to blood new talent and get we off Latas and Yorkie jugular.

Ah watching from the cold in Canada...all de time!
Amen / Santimanite

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2008, 09:19:02 AM »

This friendly banter make mih remember an email I got sometime ago...One of the posters signature have something similiar.

At a certain college, there was a professor with a reputation for being tough on Christians. At the first class every semester, he asked if anyone was a Christian and proceeded to degrade and mock their statement of faith. One semester, he asked the question and a young man raised his hand when asked if anyone was a Christian. The professor asked, "Did God make everything, young man?"
"Yes, he did, sir," the young man replied.
The professor responded, "If God made everything, then God made evil, and if we can only create from within ourselves, then God is evil."
The student didn't have a response and the professor was happy to have once again proved the Christian faith to be a myth.
Then another man raised his hand and asked, "May I ask you something, sir?"
"Yes you may," responded the professor. The young man stood up and said "Sir, is there such thing as cold?"
"Of course there is, what kind of a question is that? Haven't you ever been cold?"
The young man replied, "Actually, sir, cold does not exist. What we consider to be cold, is really only the absence of heat. Absolute zero is when there is absolutely no heat, but cold does not really exist. We have only created that term to describe how we feel when heat is not there."
The young man continued, "Sir, is there such thing as dark?"
Once again, the professor responded "Of course there is."
And once again, the student replied "Actually, sir, darkness does not exist. Darkness is really only the absence of light. Darkness is only a term man developed to describe what happens when there is no light present."
Finally, the young man asked, "Sir, is there such thing as evil?"
The professor responded, "Of course. We have rapes, and murders and violence everywhere in the world, those th! ings are evil."
The student replied, "Actually, sir, evil does not exist. Evil is simply the absence of God. Evil is a term man developed to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. It isn't like truth, or love, which exist as virtues like heat and light. Evil is simply the state where God is not present, like cold without heat or darkness without light."
The professor had nothing to say.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2008, 12:14:00 PM »
Thank You Lord!

Amen.
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2008, 06:40:52 AM »
Thnk u lord 4 d victory and we pray dat victory becomes d norm and u take us 2 SA
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2008, 07:13:31 AM »
LORD you are sooo sooo  sooo good. You are real and you are the answer to our Prayers. Blessed is Thy HOLY name...JESUS!

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2008, 09:13:32 AM »
Lord GOD we come again, asking for your mercies and blessings. This football is ah game we love, so we praying for your help for our players to come out to play to their strengths, ability that you have given unto each of them. You are a good GOD and we bless your HOLY name JESUS.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2008, 09:38:23 AM »
I am not a very relegious bloke but I'll be reciting Palsm20 tonight,its a Prayer for Victory.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2008, 09:52:31 AM »
God u came through 4 us in d past do it again in Jesus name Amen
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>