April 18, 2024, 05:32:36 PM

Poll

Should we successfully get Maturana Fired who should become our next coach?

Leo Beenhakker
10 (28.6%)
Russel Latapy
12 (34.3%)
Kevin Keegan
1 (2.9%)
Ruud Gullit
3 (8.6%)
Other(please name)
9 (25.7%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: September 10, 2009, 08:36:33 PM

Author Topic: Should we successfully get Maturana Fired who should become our next coach?  (Read 11189 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Should we successfully get Maturana Fired who should become our next coach?
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2008, 07:14:30 PM »
Imagine men on here saying to bring Bruce Arena/American coach for our team,i can't understand people sometimes,we have some American Coaches handleing our U17 girls,i guess they are doing a very good job,it seems our girls are real discipline if that's what we are missing,what have they won?American Coaches can't handle our players,i've spoken and deal with a lot of these Coaches every day,i live next to ODU where Edson,Anton to name a few went to school,these guys will tell you they like our players because we are different,we bring something different to the game.   

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2008, 07:28:22 PM »
Imagine men on here saying to bring Bruce Arena/American coach for our team,i can't understand people sometimes,we have some American Coaches handleing our U17 girls,i guess they are doing a very good job,it seems our girls are real discipline if that's what we are missing,what have they won?American Coaches can't handle our players,i've spoken and deal with a lot of these Coaches every day,i live next to ODU where Edson,Anton to name a few went to school,these guys will tell you they like our players because we are different,we bring something different to the game.   

Coops I am not in support of arena coaching T&T but whats wrong with an american coaching our team...questioning what have they won or accomplish is ironic cause they have won and accomplish alot more than us...does not matter where the coach came from..what matters is if he is right man for the job at that given time...Like yuh aint see some people asking for the bajan coach at Jp to coach the national team...its because of his recent success with Jp not because he is bajan..(and i dont support that move either)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2008, 07:38:55 PM »
Are we ready to hand over the reins to :

1. Stephen Hart
2. Russel Latapy
3. a combination of : Hart, Latapy, Yorke and  Shaka Hislop
4 a combination of coaches from the local pro league: Fenwick, Stuart, &........
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 07:41:22 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2008, 07:54:06 PM »

Coops I am not in support of arena coaching T&T but whats wrong with an american coaching our team...questioning what have they won or accomplish is ironic cause they have won and accomplish alot more than us...does not matter where the coach came from..what matters is if he is right man for the job at that given time...Like yuh aint see some people asking for the bajan coach at Jp to coach the national team...its because of his recent success with Jp not because he is bajan..(and i dont support that move either)
      Breds i was refering to our U17 girls,ok who is the right man for the job?you feel i agree with the bajan Coach?anybody could of coach JP and beat that team.   

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2008, 07:56:42 PM »
Jan Steadman..one ah the best, if not the best coach in Trinidad. He will deal wid dem boi and dem slackness em doing...esp dah long ball ting dem like..

Ask any Former Naps man or Benedicts man or anybody who ever play under Steady....He is the answer.

Only ting is Jack and corneal go get cuss whey from him if dem try and dictate he pace.

Another good coach was ah man dey use to call "Carpet" ah red man wid ah bald heas..wonder if anbody know bout he. We hah real good coaches right here who understand we football...who know we history and traditional weaknesses

Jan and Leon Carpette both former national players are good coaches but I see them as good candidates for under 17 and 20 national teams, I don't think Leon even coaching now.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2008, 08:28:37 PM »
Allyuh feel Beenhakker coming back to coach us.  Beenie was in wilderness and saw an opportunity to help a team qualify for the world cup to get his name back in the "big coaching mix".  How he land a decent job with Poland, do you think he coming back to coach us.  Beenie will either look for a bigger job than Poland if he decide to leave there or retire.  So stop wasting ah dream on Beenie.  He did his thing with us, be grateful and move on.

Latas not ready for the simple reason he don't have the rank to stand up to Jack.  We need someone like Beenie who tell jack chillax and let me know do my work but humans can only put up with Jack for so long hence Beenie left after the world cup.

Keegan, Gullit and all the other big name coaches allyuh dreaming about not coaching us when are bigger jobs out there.  Why would them want to put up with Jack and his BS to coach a side with players who can't trap and pass (i.e. the great bleeder theobald) when there are big clubs out there with better players, facilities and good money (direct deposit not jack handing some TT in ah brown paper bag).

As for Maturana i really don't know what to say about time.  At times he looking like he under jack's control, at times he appears to be doing his own thing and other times he look totally clueless.

What we need is a "Beenie" type coach, someone who is a good coach, looking to get back on the radar and capable of withstanding Jack's attempts to dictate things.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2008, 08:29:29 PM »
D man want me 2 stop being sarcastic just because we have d same initials mean u is meh fadder. I know dem fellas gone u ever c me say bring dem back. Dpt but d dumbtist so in yuh small brain is dat when u have a good coach nuff is possible.

ALL YUH SO BIAS AND DOTISH. All u cuss Wim and luv d dumbtist so all yuh have 2 support he 2 all yuh grave. I neva had no vested interest in no coach but even somebody wit a small brain like all yuh would realize d man got a raw deal. NOOOOOOOOOOO WIM is ah idit he saw d Pro League eh good. He refuse 2 go a competition and because ah dat he eh good. But dis fool we have makin man ask 4 BSC 2 come back dat is how bad it is.

So I will continue 2 b sarcastic just as long as u continue 2 b a fool. So it go b a real long time  
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2008, 08:42:28 PM »
You know something,i find some people could only talk when T&T lose,this forum was dead for some weeks,all of a sudden people i eh see in years coming out of the woodwork,like they does glad when we lose becuase they never have anything good to say,i personally wish the thoughts and things you all say would make us win a game but is sports and it don't happen like that,i think everybody is entitled to their thoughts and views weather good or bad,agree or don't agree it's not facts or anything anyone have to do,so don't raise you all blood pressure when ever i say something.  
Coop , i happened to agree with yuh fardder. when we win they does be kickin down other teams and celebrating like we have talent equal to brazil and argentina, but when we lose there's no blame on the players , just the coach.

i'm sure if we was victorious against the US ppl here wouldn't have anything to say about the dentist, the fact that we were drobbed makes all the difference.

i've been wanting to say this for a while now and i ardently hope i don't make senseless enemies for it.

listen ppl WE ARE NOT THAT GOOD OF AH TEAM!!! WITH THE EXCEPTION OF , KJ, DR AND YORKE, i will throw DANIEL in the mix as well, apart from those players we are just an ordinary mediocre talented team.

take forinstance yesterday, carlos edwards was complaning about beasley while play was in motion, he loss concentration and allow ah silly foul based on emotions!

now this man playing in top flight football and should know better than to complain when the ball is in play, let alone commit ah silly foul OUT OF ANGER so deep into our half, the result of that blunder GOAL.

I SAW PLAYERS YESTERDAY BALL WATCHING LIKE CRAZY!! no one following up plays, on the break away, the midfield slow as hell in transition, this is what separate mediocre talent from greatness, forinstance cornell glenn got ah few good passes from carlos and daniel, and on many occasions had his back turn to the play, not once did he run @ onyuewo the foul box, he had ah shot on goal and kick it straight down the pike instead of placing it in the corner, out of reach.

i'm sorry folks but these are signs of mediocrity, great player like C ronaldo , and kaka , only need ah half ah chance and is goal.

if our players were that good as you lot would like to think, then we would have @ least 8 players in top flight football , instead of 3 !

the coach is not without blame , he selected ah real goat team to face our toughest rivals, now i don't know if he felt that we had no chance to get the win on US soil , so he improvised by letting the rookies gain some valuable experience , who the fack knows, but it was ah poor decision to say the least, and i think from here on in he should @ least know who deserves ah spot on the team from who should empty their lockers and exit the premises.

if the team don't look like this fro the rest of the campaign, then we are more than likely not to be in the hex!

i still like the goalie ( PHILLIPS )

CYDE (even though he sucks going forward, is still ah boss defender)                                      AVERY( needs to chill, STILL TOO WILD)                        LAWRENCE( AH MUST !!)                  KENYO( much better than hislop )

CARLOS (needs to stop getting angry and concentrate)     YORKE                 WHITLEY            DANIELS

ROBERTS

S. JOHN

IF THE COACH WANT TO KEEP HIS JOB THEN HE BETTER ADHEAR TO THIS LINE UP!!!

Just Cool ah fully endorse that side yuh line up there...

as for de rest ah what yuh type there, just remember (and this goes for you and Coops), a good coach can bring the best out of average players.

Conversely, and what you saw last night is poor selections and tactics making average players look even worse. 

Men like Carlos, Lawrence and Scotland must be does wonder wha de ass dey does waste dey time to come back and sweat for when yuh hadda first of all play with inferior players and second play in a shit system.

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2008, 08:46:58 PM »

1. Stephen Hart
2. Russel Latapy
4 a combination of coaches from the local pro league: Fenwick, Stuart, &........

boy shaka have it good at espn
yuh think he want to leave that for this shit show?

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2008, 08:51:11 PM »

1. Stephen Hart
2. Russel Latapy

boy shaka have it good at espn
yuh think he want to leave that for this shit show?

Are we going to give Latapy enough $$ and security he already getting in Scotland?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2008, 09:25:57 PM »
well I like the Latapy idea but feel Bruno Metsu would be a good choice not the big names u wish for he seems to like molding underdogs into surprise packets Senegal v France 02
I pity the fool....

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2008, 10:18:08 PM »
NAKHID

Yuhh is mad man ah wah. He had beef with Jack or was it TTFF? They ent hiring he…plus he like to much litigations bussiness.  :P
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2008, 10:55:08 PM »
Leo Beanieman is not an option. He's not interested anymore.

We need to eat crow and bring back Wim!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2008, 10:59:42 PM »
D Dutchman who was sick and went home any body know if he betta 4get betta oui we have a sick dumbtist tings can only get betta once d man take d flight back 2 Bogata
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>