March 29, 2024, 05:01:34 AM

Author Topic: Should Maturana be Fired?  (Read 25175 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Should Maturana be Fired?
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2008, 08:48:02 PM »
Coach Fired !!!Should be the screaming headline in the papers tomorrow.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 08:52:03 PM by Quagmire »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2008, 09:04:37 PM »
I for one was and still is in favor of the coach, i remember when he took columbia to the WC, & IMO he's ah good coach.

now i believe that he can bring us to the WC, dragging scraping through, but not in convincing style.

as for tonight ! ah don't know what the fack he was on, and unless lawrence not feeling well or was nursing an injury, i thought he should've started.

be it as it may, i think wolf and glenn was the two worst players on the pitch, followed by leon and Aklie edwards ( these guys need to sit it out and GAIN EXPERIENCE, wolf need to sit on the bench in case of an extreme emergency. osie telesford was the man of the match for me ,with keon daniel who had a good game.

fellas i know there's nothing i could say to cheer yuhs up , but look @ it this way folks, we were grossly under strength plagued by injuries and suspension, whitley out injured, yorke injured or sidelined by sunlun, KJ seriously injured, hyland suspended, A john suspended, and i think all these players if available had participated in this game  the results would've been more in our favor.

this ain't so bad , we weren't expected to win in the US anyway,i only hope the selectors learned from this and select the more tested player instead of promising players.

hold the faith, i just like yuhs is angry bout the selections, and i hope he learned his lession, but we still can pull this off.

firing the coach @ this stage just don't make any sense to me .JMO.             positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2008, 09:08:04 PM »
The man give younger players a chance to gain some experience and he should be commended for that,but he seems to be believing in players more than the players believing in themselves and in the process making him look bad.So i feel is time he stop exprimenting and pick a strong squad.
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2008, 09:10:10 PM »
The man give younger players a chance to gain some experience and he should be commended for that,but he seems to be believing in players more than the players believing in themselves and in the process making him look bad.So i feel is time he stop exprimenting and pick a strong squad.

Since after de Bermuda fiasco he shoulda done de experimenting.....steups...look let me goh in mih bed and hope not to get nightmares.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2008, 09:15:40 PM »
I for one was and still is in favor of the coach, i remember when he took columbia to the WC, & IMO he's ah good coach.

now i believe that he can bring us to the WC, dragging scraping through, but not in convincing style.

as for tonight ! ah don't know what the fack he was on, and unless lawrence not feeling well or was nursing an injury, i thought he should've started.

be it as it may, i think wolf and glenn was the two worst players on the pitch, followed by leon and Aklie edwards ( these guys need to sit it out and GAIN EXPERIENCE, wolf need to sit on the bench in case of an extreme emergency. osie telesford was the man of the match for me ,with keon daniel who had a good game.

fellas i know there's nothing i could say to cheer yuhs up , but look @ it this way folks, we were grossly under strength plagued by injuries and suspension, whitley out injured, yorke injured or sidelined by sunlun, KJ seriously injured, hyland suspended, A john suspended, and i think all these players if available had participated in this game  the results would've been more in our favor.

this ain't so bad , we weren't expected to win in the US anyway,i only hope the selectors learned from this and select the more tested player instead of promising players.

hold the faith, i just like yuhs is angry bout the selections, and i hope he learned his lession, but we still can pull this off.

firing the coach @ this stage just don't make any sense to me .JMO.             positive.
These kinda post ent doing nothing for the cause jc ,he cant even speak english to give an inspirational speech.best jes give Anton the team let him try he thing .
Let Mats work with youth teams he seems to like training  players.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2008, 09:27:11 PM »
Give d yute ah chance and say u plannin 4 2014 and then I go understand d scene but as 4 now I real confuse
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2008, 09:30:20 PM »

I know the US is better than us and I always viewed a point as best case scenario but the tactical setup and decision making in this game was abysmal. There are so many errors to point but lets start with the exclusion of Dennis Lawrence especially in the absence of Yorke. How about the complete lack of tactical adjustment after conceding a second goal. Maturana made one substitution in 90 mins in the game that we were losing since the 8th. The man never even lifted his backside off the bench.

He is THE worst coach I have seen in a while. That includes Najjer eh. I cannot support the decisions this man making.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2008, 09:32:58 PM »
Allyuh need to listen to i955 dey going to town on him right now.

How de hell Lincoln could say we were not outplayed ?
because we were not..maturana gave the US too much respect..when we played..we actually had them under pressure..look at the start of the first half..a more experinced and less naive squad whoch would have known to battle with the americans could have beaten this US team...

NEVER has an american team looked thoroughly convincing over a trinidad team bar the gold cup last year...hence the first time we have actually been by 3 goalls in 20 years...if we could beat mexico..why can't we beat the US?

Yje US has always been good at one thing..tactics and they knew set pieces was our weakness..we perhaps a bit unfortunate on some of the calls..but we can't get away from that..

Maturana style/brand that he has brought to the team is something i like...but his tactics and squad selection cannot support this squad...
I would say no for now...but I HOPE he learn and pick a proper team fast...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2008, 09:34:03 PM »
D man like he vex FIFA say 3 subs is only d Guat game he use all. D fella cyah spell tactics in english or spanish he clueless
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2008, 09:36:11 PM »

What game you was watchin?  Ah guess yuh didn't see Theobald on de field or Hislop.  Cornell Glenn created the only chances we had in the game even though he was left stranded de whole night.  What ever sickness Pacho have in he brain you have it in yuh eyes.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2008, 09:39:02 PM »
HISLOP AND DENZIL. At least he take off Denzil but Hislop have 2 b he luv chile

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2008, 09:40:05 PM »
YES
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2008, 09:40:34 PM »

because we were not..maturana gave the US too much respect..when we played..we actually had them under pressure..look at the start of the first half..a more experinced and less naive squad whoch would have known to battle with the americans could have beaten this US team...

NEVER has an american team looked thoroughly convincing over a trinidad team bar the gold cup last year...hence the first time we have actually been by 3 goalls in 20 years...if we could beat mexico..why can't we beat the US?

Yje US has always been good at one thing..tactics and they knew set pieces was our weakness..we perhaps a bit unfortunate on some of the calls..but we can't get away from that..

Maturana style/brand that he has brought to the team is something i like...but his tactics and squad selection cannot support this squad...
What this man give alyah to eat boi !! how much f**king time he go have to learn,he eh learn after Bermuda .

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2008, 09:41:12 PM »

hoss u sure u watch the same match as me...he eliminated every good thing he did witha  poor pass ...usually right after he win the ball or make an interception...jah...

and for  ALL the stern haters...i'm sure if you watch a lone game with stern playing alone up front after watching flen's horrid performance today you may have an epiphany...

theobald was the owrst player and deserved got subbed off..glen was horrible until he got help from wolfe and the team palyed more attacking..meaning he had some help..but not enough..b4 tho..he was giving up and NOT pressuring nothing at all..also he should have scored that header tho..i just saying...

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2008, 09:42:53 PM »
Again i would like to know why people panicing so?  Look at the record that the USA has at home......we were expected to lose this match.  Theobald and Telesford were awful, but players have bad games sometimes.

I must admit that i have to say that this USA team not that good.  Defensively they were very quick, but from the time that the game was taken to them, they looked shaky.  We showed a little fight at the start of the second half which means that the message that the coach gave to the players had a positive impact....

The next game that we have to play is the key........we must not lose that match......plain and simple!!

Maturana staying.......so deal with it!!

Heads up people..........Kenwyne should be back for the next game......

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2008, 09:46:56 PM »

What this man give alyah to eat boi !! how much f**king time he go have to learn,he eh learn after Bermuda .

is not what he give me to eat...i like the brand of play he has brought...when it actually is working..the team looks good..the problem is the team he is picking is rel guns...i don't know how many more chacnes i can give him..but can't you look at the startr of the second half  of this game and not see that team with the right components CAN do damage?

I just hope that the result sends the right message to whoever selecting the side...
if we could find a coach who could give us the same brand withe right quad..then yes.,..fire the colombian..
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 09:50:25 PM by Arazi »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2008, 09:48:34 PM »
Andre u realy blieve KJ playin next game u smarter than that. Keane just waitin 4 we campaign 2 done annd KJ will b back in d RED of Sunderland

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2008, 09:50:03 PM »
Yuh cyah call Glenn horrid when he was by himself fuh most of de game.  In de first he barely touched the ball and when he did get it he was surrounded by 3 or 4 defenders because he had no help.  Carlos Edwards and Keon Daniel also made a few good runs but had no one supporting them.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2008, 09:50:27 PM »
no way KJ go be back nex game...not with that ligament injury..
i eh scared for this round really..but we need a coach to carry us further than reaching the hex...and one that we feel a lil confidence in
Back in Trini...

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2008, 09:50:45 PM »
Panic ??? we not panicking we know we gonna lose out . We just being proactive trying to prevent this certain eventual failure to qualify for the World Cup by Muturana.

is not what i give you to eat...i like the brand of play he has brought...when it actually is working..the team looks good..the problem is the team he is picking is rel guns...i don't know how many more chacnes i can give him..but can't you look at the startr of the second half  of this game and not see that team with the right components CAN do damage?

I just hope that the result sends the right message to whoever selecting the side...
daiz the problem ,to these guys there is no problem.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2008, 09:55:58 PM »
Yuh cyah call Glenn horrid when he was by himself fuh most of de game.  In de first he barely touched the ball and when he did get it he was surrounded by 3 or 4 defenders because he had no help.  Carlos Edwards and Keon Daniel also made a few good runs but had no one supporting them.
I can call glen horrid for (1) giving up on rel  several plays...(2) never attempting to put pressure on any of the defenders after losing the ball..(3) being easily roughed by the US defence when trying to hold up the ball (4) playing poor passes ex the poor return pass to carlos in the first half afer carlos find him with some good space in the first half...

BUT for u to really tell how poor glen was u have to watch ANY of the our WCQ from 2006 with stern playing alone up from even when he didn't score...and watch the difference...WATCH IT good..

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2008, 10:00:40 PM »
Lets do it NOW rather than after its too late!

The man has no logic or rhyme to his decisions or what he's doing!

Maybe the players doh understand his Spanish but whatever d reason he needs to be on the next plane!

He does not have our future at heart just his pocket!

Do you know that if Maturana was messing up Columbia's chances of qualifying for the World Cup like he's doing with us that that he would be shot by his own family!!!

No lie!! So tell him rideout or bullet like back in Columbia & he'll understand that!!

Thanks you very much Maturana but no thanks!! :bs:
We still have a chance to qualify for the World Cup Finals & it will be suicidal & foolish of us to leave it in your hands based upon the evidence so far!!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 10:08:06 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2008, 10:01:35 PM »
firing the coach @ this stage just don't make any sense to me .JMO.             positive.

other things that don't make sense (in no particular order)
1) Whitley injured and Birchall still can't make the 18 man squad.
2) we benching Dennis Lawrence to go with a Makan Hislop/Keyeno Thomas pairing
3) Leaving out Stern and D. Roberts and on top of that Scotland still can't get a sweat

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2008, 10:02:24 PM »
Stern and Glen are two different types of strikers.  Stern is a good hold up de ball kind of striker who is good with his back to goal.  He is physically stronger than Glen.  Glen is most effective when he is facing goal and running at opposing defenses.  But when is Glen vs 4 defenders what de hell ho go do?

Offline vapotrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2008, 10:04:43 PM »
Fire his ass now.

Some people talking about giving younger players a chance, that's what playing against Barbados and St. Lucia is for, NOT WCQ... all ya crazy or what?

I have no problem losing 3-0 to USA you know, PROVIDING THE BEST PLAYERS AVAILABLE are on the pitch. Once they there and they trying, that's all you can ask for. How some of yall keep backing this coach when our best players on the bench and some not even on the squad is mind boggling to me.

By the way, ask ANY Columbian what they think about him nah, he's a SHITHOUND! Ask them, you'll see. They CAN'T STAND HIM!!!

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2008, 10:07:46 PM »
firing the coach @ this stage just don't make any sense to me .JMO.             positive.

other things that don't make sense (in no particular order)
1) Whitley injured and Birchall still can't make the 18 man squad.
2) we benching Dennis Lawrence to go with a Makan Hislop/Keyeno Thomas pairing

3) Leaving out Stern and D. Roberts and on top of that Scotland still can't get a sweat

This game had Birchall name all over it.  He is one player who pressures the ball consistently for us.  The Lawrence benching (unless he was injured) have to be the most baffling of all the baffling things Pacho do since he take over.  The only experienced central defender we have get benched against the best team in de group.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2008, 10:12:20 PM »

NEVER has an american team looked thoroughly convincing over a trinidad team bar the gold cup last year...hence the first time we have actually been by 3 goalls in 20 years...

So we collect 3 and they wasn't looking good? What the woulda do to us if they was actually paying attention instead of playing a practice match against the TRAINING CONES in RED.

We looked good for exactly 20 minutes of the match. The first 5 before the first goal, 10 from the whistle and 5 minutes from the 80th to the 85th or so... So we should get bonus points because when we actually remember that we playing a World Cup qualifier we make them defend?

Nah nah dread. I don know what language you speak, but when a team could beat you playing with one hand behind its back, i call that being outplayed.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2008, 10:16:20 PM »
What if we found out that  behind all these apparently unorthodox moves/ decisions by the coach it have 'real' $$$$$ and payoffs happening? From Keane who collect u.s $$$$ to call back Yorke to heavy betting going one to dictate the score line?

I mean really how do you leave experience players on the bench  in a game of this magnitude to play less experience players? you have a player  of Julius James calibre who won all kinda awards as a player in the USA now playing  consistently yet yuh eh put the man on and you throw on a youth line against the USA?
 I mean is like putting a fresh 14 year old boy  with a 'seasoned ' WHORE ON Carnival night. He must get mash up.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2008, 10:18:42 PM »
In sports u cant think about that ,sports suppose to be pure.Not about why 3 jakans refereeing the game,

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2008, 10:29:28 PM »
What if we found out that  behind all these apparently unorthodox moves/ decisions by the coach it have 'real' $$$$$ and payoffs happening? From Keane who collect u.s $$$$ to call back Yorke to heavy betting going one to dictate the score line?

I mean really how do you leave experience players on the bench  in a game of this magnitude to play less experience players? you have a player  of Julius James calibre who won all kinda awards as a player in the USA now playing  consistently yet yuh eh put the man on and you throw on a youth line against the USA?
 I mean is like putting a fresh 14 year old boy  with a 'seasoned ' WHORE ON Carnival night. He must get mash up.

Yes. And Jack Warner paid off the ref in the Guatemala game, the one in the Bahrain game and the Mexican federation to play a B team.

Conspiracy theories are the trading devices of the intellectually bankrupt...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>