March 29, 2024, 09:55:30 AM

Author Topic: Should Maturana be Fired?  (Read 25180 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Should Maturana be Fired?
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2008, 10:37:52 PM »
firing the coach @ this stage just don't make any sense to me .JMO.             positive.

other things that don't make sense (in no particular order)
1) Whitley injured and Birchall still can't make the 18 man squad.
2) we benching Dennis Lawrence to go with a Makan Hislop/Keyeno Thomas pairing
3) Leaving out Stern and D. Roberts and on top of that Scotland still can't get a sweat
Bredder i totally agree!! all i'm saying is it have to be ah man like scolari to salvage this campagne or else let the coach where he is.

it's not rocket science, ah new coach will not have the time to asses ah whole talent pool of 40 or so players. 

FYI : i love this coach , but he facked up royally in the last two matches as far as selection and tactics go. and every body done know that darryl roberts is my player and he was omitted from the squad.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2008, 11:41:28 PM »
Pacho stays. I was wondering why Dennis was on the bench, but then it occurred to me that Dennis played his ass off only 4 days ago at his age, and I am confident that his body was complaining, so why play him against the USA.

The only player we were missing was Dwight, and I understand why he wasn't there - no fault of Pacho. This performance does not deter me one bit. Leon and Telesford are the main culprits, they are supposed to be defensive midfielders, but for the most part did not pick up the loose man, and didn't effectively support their central defenders.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2008, 11:58:43 PM »
I doh care what anybody say bout Cyd Gray is ah good defender.  He probably might be, however, if he dont work on his offensive techniques....then he should be fired.  Because his shittiness continuously prevented us from building up posession and potential plays.......Why de hell  Cyd Gray keep vom-kicking de ball dong de field to nobody.  He did it for a total of eleven times throughout this game......Cyd, I hope yuh reading......give de damn midfielders de ball to distribute...yuh foot not built with that special touch for service....yuh is ah damn defender....Dont disrespect de midfield by trying to do dem wuk....if das de case, den ah team would have comprised of fowards and defenders with a big open space in de middle...........
But nevertheless, I like yuh work ethic and dat is very important.

Telesford has no fitball sense at all....He is what you call "LOST"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2008, 12:02:50 AM »
Loss with a compass he dat loss
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2008, 12:58:52 AM »
Pacho stays. I was wondering why Dennis was on the bench, but then it occurred to me that Dennis played his ass off only 4 days ago at his age, and I am confident that his body was complaining, so why play him against the USA.

He certainly didn't seem too happy about it though...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2008, 12:59:52 AM »
I doh care what anybody say bout Cyd Gray is ah good defender.  He probably might be, however, if he dont work on his offensive techniques....then he should be fired.  Because his shittiness continuously prevented us from building up posession and potential plays.......Why de hell  Cyd Gray keep vom-kicking de ball dong de field to nobody.  He did it for a total of eleven times throughout this game......Cyd, I hope yuh reading......give de damn midfielders de ball to distribute...yuh foot not built with that special touch for service....yuh is ah damn defender....Dont disrespect de midfield by trying to do dem wuk....if das de case, den ah team would have comprised of fowards and defenders with a big open space in de middle...........
But nevertheless, I like yuh work ethic and dat is very important.

Telesford has no fitball sense at all....He is what you call "LOST"

Forget Cyd and Telesford and tell us about yuh boy AKA Casper
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2008, 01:03:49 AM »

Yuh sure is bout not playing, or about the performance?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2008, 01:43:56 AM »

Yuh sure is bout not playing, or about the performance?

I don't know, but it seem tome that he was frowning way before the goal

Offline PIMP

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2008, 02:02:21 AM »
Maturana its very obvious who our best players are and their respective positions...
Its obvious that when we are at full strength (foreign based pros) we perform better...
Its obvious that you don't have a clue when it comes to player selection...

Jack, the obvious thing to do is fire him!!!!

NO ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2008, 02:55:44 AM »
okay lets give Mata a bligh on team selection and say iz not he fault how the players play. How can we explain the tactics ??? lack of subs and any tactical adjustment through out the game ?
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2008, 03:44:22 AM »
QUESTION: Should Pacho be Fired?

My answer is it's way over due!!! Bring back Wim! No, I'm serious!

Wim was able to do more with less. He didn't have the overseas pros available to him, but was able to look better in the Gold Cup against Guatemala (with an all-local side) than Pacho with a mix of overseas and local players.

Yes, he dissed the Pro-League. But, that was two years ago and the Pro-League has made vast improvements since that time (even Wim would agree).

Regardless of what we do, now's the time to make changes!!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2008, 04:08:14 AM »
QUESTION: Should Pacho be Fired?

My answer is it's way over due!!! Bring back Wim! No, I'm serious!

Wim was able to do more with less. He didn't have the overseas pros available to him, but was able to look better in the Gold Cup against Guatemala (with an all-local side) than Pacho with a mix of overseas and local players.

Yes, he dissed the Pro-League. But, that was two years ago and the Pro-League has made vast improvements since that time (even Wim would agree).

Regardless of what we do, now's the time to make changes!!

I suspect that even if this option was seriously considerable, Wim is now on the blacklist (seeing that he make the mistake of suing the federation as well). Plus is not like he sitting down scratching...he have a contract coaching a eredivisie club

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2008, 05:18:44 AM »
Look at the record that the USA has at home......we were expected to lose this match. 

I must admit that i have to say that this USA team not that good.  

That must de problem right there....WE GAVE DE US TEAM TOO MUCH DAMN RESPECT.....especially for the reason you outline there....I know posters said that this US team right for the picking and they are right, but if this clueless coach cyar pick a team or have to tactics to beat them, then what de hell...we should just give up and let the US and Guatemala go through from this group....

Steups...it too early yes...I have plenty work to do today...

But Andre ah relax since de last time you say for we to relax....now yuh say doh panic....please let me know when is ah good time to start to panic eh.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2008, 05:44:36 AM »
Lawd. I eh naming names, but I see a certain player join a facebook group name 'SACK HIM!!!!'

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 11, 2008, 06:06:25 AM »
Firing the coach at this stage makes no sense, but it doesn't mean he do not deserve to be fired!! I am a supporter of the coach and his philosphy of aparently developing the local players however...We cannot afford to ignore the experience and leadership, clearly the goals off of set plays were from a lack of experience...Look at the directives given by Tim Howard to his defense every time we attacked or had a corner..
The bottom line is we need to have a proper mix to have a truly successful team. Poor Carlos needed help out there ...but with him and the only true looking midfielder out there in Daniel playing on opposite sides made it even harder.

Just my 2 cents guys
Peace.

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2008, 06:11:17 AM »
Yes or No, I would like an alyuh opinion on this topic. 

YES!!! He is ah waste ah flipping time! >:(

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2008, 06:14:22 AM »

The only player we were missing was Dwight, and I understand why he wasn't there - no fault of Pacho. This performance does not deter me one bit. Leon and Telesford are the main culprits, they are supposed to be defensive midfielders, but for the most part did not pick up the loose man, and didn't effectively support their central defenders.

After the first goal did u see the camera pan to lawerence he was blue vex and looking health to me
I pity the fool....

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 11, 2008, 06:16:07 AM »
i does usually wait for a lil while to cool down eh, but dis time......Fire he dotish columbian ass.Lawerence was injured or what?
This was EMBARRASING!!! This was a PRACTICE GAME for de USA!!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline kale

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2008, 06:39:03 AM »
one player that may have made a difference is chris birchall. he is like trinidad gatuso...we didnt have anybody to win the ball in midfield and make a good pass unlike telesford. theobald theobald (scratches head) he is real mess. carlos had a good game. his work rate was high. cornell glen look bad because he wasn't given a chance to look good cuz he wasn't getting anything from the midfield, and whenever he get something from midfield, he all by himself. dennis lawrence is a vocal person. if he was on the pitch even if not as captain, he would have lead the team better that cyd.

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2008, 07:08:41 AM »
may i add
if it was not for stern john we were done against bermuda
and this 4car drop him now

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2008, 07:10:03 AM »
I for one was and still is in favor of the coach, i remember when he took columbia to the WC, & IMO he's ah good coach.

now i believe that he can bring us to the WC, dragging scraping through, but not in convincing style.

as for tonight ! ah don't know what the fack he was on, and unless lawrence not feeling well or was nursing an injury, i thought he should've started.

be it as it may, i think wolf and glenn was the two worst players on the pitch,
followed by leon and Aklie edwards ( these guys need to sit it out and GAIN EXPERIENCE, wolf need to sit on the bench in case of an extreme emergency. osie telesford was the man of the match for me ,with keon daniel who had a good game.

fellas i know there's nothing i could say to cheer yuhs up , but look @ it this way folks, we were grossly under strength plagued by injuries and suspension, whitley out injured, yorke injured or sidelined by sunlun, KJ seriously injured, hyland suspended, A john suspended, and i think all these players if available had participated in this game  the results would've been more in our favor.

this ain't so bad , we weren't expected to win in the US anyway,i only hope the selectors learned from this and select the more tested player instead of promising players.

hold the faith, i just like yuhs is angry bout the selections, and i hope he learned his lession, but we still can pull this off.

firing the coach @ this stage just don't make any sense to me .JMO.             positive.

Just cool...you bring to mind...  Maturana know he was going to lose this match with the side he put on....because Lawrence look healthy....and ah guess he didn't want to chance it..knowing other with injuries and suspension....now he have 20 days before the next match...guys from injuries and suspension coming back...and this time they better get it right...because we have to win no if's or but's about that

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2008, 07:35:01 AM »
YESSSSSsss
de TTFF and/or M.O. Sports should lauch ah commision of Inquiry into this or sumting dread

Should pancho be fired? -- yes

Who should replace him? -- Bertille St. Clair

Personally I don't like Bertie but de man way better than Pancho

so from today the BbB  (Bring back Bertie) Movement

BbB - BbB - BbB

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 11, 2008, 07:35:36 AM »
guys ...why yuh didn't call for his head after the Guat..game...and they play good in that one...the coach know before hand U.S. is going to beat us with what ever side he put on...why yuh think he had Lawrence on the bench...he look healthy....the players didn't perform....that the bottom line...we have three more game to play...no if's or but's...we have to win the next three games...we have players coming back from injuries and suspension and he have 20days to do that .......to put a very good side together....let see what happen...so calling for his head is bad right now...and a next thing if he get fired...who you think should take over....what Anton, Alvin...who...

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #113 on: September 11, 2008, 07:37:03 AM »
shut up najee or whatever your name is.

Sack him and box him and ship him back to Columbia where he can find ah wuk in a steam laundry scrapping fart off jockey shorts.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 11, 2008, 07:40:45 AM »
We should ah send Joe flicking Public instead, I know they would have played much better. Our players seemed lost or fatigue. They were standing around in the first few minutes of the game. I was screaming at the damm tv!  It was like the US were playing against drill cones.  We are in dying need of a forward and a creative midfielder. Dwarika??? The two wing backs play real tat-tat.  Carlos and Keon was the only two who try to do something last night but they had no help. Teams only kicking free kick’s over and over again scoring with flicks and set pieces on we. We bad marking and people talking about is ok to train in ah conference room in ah hotel. We look like we lost the game in the first few minute. Mental abuse is ah killer!!  

Oh yeah and thee bam-see ent even bring on Scotland to try to change thee chemistry of the game up front. That Colombian, from what I could see, head stick in he buttom. I’m sorry but I vex. Ya’ll know how some people are strong headed; they would rather die than admit that they are wrong. That is we coach and that is dangerous. Fire that NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 07:44:03 AM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #115 on: September 11, 2008, 07:43:49 AM »
Maturana and Corneal have one thing in common.

They are both clueless.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 11, 2008, 07:45:58 AM »
najee... you clueless or 4 king clueless..
So you know we got get licks so lets just play backs and forwars and use thedefenders as cones..
Yuh ever kick a lime ?

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2008, 07:46:33 AM »
So you know we got get licks so lets just play backs and forwars and use thedefenders as cones..
Yuh ever kick a lime ?

Look slike he sucking on one now!

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2008, 07:51:14 AM »
shut up najee or whatever your name is.

Sack him and box him and ship him back to Columbia where he can find ah wuk in a steam laundry scrapping fart off jockey shorts.

you shut up...dread ...what different that will make...we have to start holding players accountable for there play on the field...that Guat game we put ourself in a hole...because we know what the American bring to the table...with America weakest team and our strongest playing at home we couldn't beat them...cause you know why ...they fight the game we ball watch and play sweet man football and can put way easy chanced

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2008, 08:03:05 AM »
Yuh ever kick a lime ?

Look slike he sucking on one now!

yea yuh moth'  asshole... and sambo...clueless..did you watch the game...and see these guys can't put two passed together...or ply pressure or strap a ball...little basic thing...our far you if you was coaching will take a side..now you talking about injuries and suspension...guy going back to there club after one game...what you think...call stern,  Robert.. or play Lawrence

1]; } ?>