March 29, 2024, 02:41:02 AM

Author Topic: Should Maturana be Fired?  (Read 25170 times)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Should Maturana be Fired?
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2008, 08:08:38 AM »
NO PLAN...NO BRAND...AND WE NOT GOING DURBAN!!

Fire Pacho Mudderass now!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2008, 08:16:07 AM »
So who to blame for picking players who cannot pass the ball,When they have players who on de bench and others who not even selected who have proven over time that they can pass better and more.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 11, 2008, 08:23:49 AM »
Facts....Pacho is not good
This team is not gonna qualify with him we are clueless and we don't know what to do ..we are in the same position we were in when Bertil had the team before Beenhakker came to our rescue. Our only hope is to call back all our players and hope they can do it on their own because our coaches are the worst...I don't believe were gonna make it to the second round muchless qualify for South Africa. I knew when we lost Yorke we were gonna lose the game but to collapse like this is too painful to watch .....Maturana is simply shit!
FIRE  HIM AND THE ENTIRE TECHNICAL STAFF NOW!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 11, 2008, 08:26:06 AM »
Arrow I love it and goin and use it
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 11, 2008, 08:34:49 AM »
Akie Edwards and Makan Hislop were in the starting lineup against the United States.............

GET RID OF THIS COACH

I miss Wim. Seriously. The man isnt afriad to stand up to TTFF 'policy' and knows the best players will play for him. No mincing words, no teaching locals how to trap a ball. He wants to get wins and get us qualified.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 08:37:05 AM by supporter »
Hart for president

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2008, 08:35:56 AM »
may i add
if it was not for stern john we were done against bermuda
and this 4car drop him now

If it wasn't for Stern John and Scotland we wouldn't have lost the first leg against Bermuda. Leave SJ where he is.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2008, 08:38:59 AM »
OK so SJ and dem throw way but d defence not 2 take any blame 4 goals dat score all yuh gettin paid 4 dis spin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2008, 08:41:11 AM »
najee... you clueless or 4 king clueless..
So you know we got get licks so lets just play backs and forwars and use thedefenders as cones..
Yuh ever kick a lime ?

But yuh was real happy when Beenie decided to play "block de goal" against Sweden. Sweden was living in we defensive third, we shoulda charge dem rent - Thank you very much Shaka.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2008, 08:45:19 AM »
I just read a few comments before trying to give mine .....plenty emotion dere boy ! I guess some may have expected much more given the usual waggonist hype ...if we beat one team and look good we go beat all teams and look better !
I remember some folks even believing that because we qualified for World Cup 2006 that we were up to the standard of the other teams there ....
Folks this team we played is way above us in Standard....way above us in terms of player pool and therefore team play. tactics only work if the players selected can execute them and can execute them regardless of the opposition.
The USA has been warming up against teams like Argentina etc. all yuh think we reach dat standard yet ?
Again there are calls for the head of the coach ...I keep saying he is the best coach we have had here since William Santa Rosa and Jorge Casagrande. Santa Rosa left behind fond memories and good performances from local players and Casagrande started what is now known as the Green machine enterprise and a rise in the standard of the college league. many national players and now coaches can testify to the good work of  Casagrande.
These coaches worked with local not professionals.
I should also put Wim up there as well although he just came to halp us qualify for a world cup and that was it.
The point I am trying to make gentlemen and ladies is that you cant get blood out of stone.
Maturana, to his credit and ours,  has transformed some very ordinary players helping them to believe in themselves and us to believe in them. Think of some of these players pre Maturana.  A previous coach described  the pro league players  as rubbish and simply called back the foreign based to play in International games....I didn't see any disagreement then ...the crowds or lack of them spoke volumes.

Commenting on the game we have to be fair and recognise that some players, maybe because of nerves etc. did not distinguish themselves as best they could. Cyd Gray or whoever was playing Right back could not get in to any team on last night's performance but he has had better. The left back, on last night's performence, should have been !
The only standout player last night was Daniel , who I have previously described as a diamond in the rough. He would have played on that US team if eligible. He however does not a team make. I was really disappointed with Carlos, he has gone downhill since his injury...maybe Keane has seen that as well and is hoping he will pick up where he left off before getting injured ??
The team was outclassed and outplayed and could not execute ! they literally dropped the stick last night and were out of the race after they conceeded the first goal.
The Positives
This is not the end ! We will meet USA again.
We have to think of first qualifying ahead of Cuba and Guatemala, then we have more work to do for the next phase. The US has beaten everybody in the group !I am sure the UWI past students among us know that we often were not ready until the poui was in bloom....but when the flowers came out we did what we had to do ....please folks give our flowers a chance to bloom ..dont shoot them, or the man who I think is best able to nurture them at this point.

As most folks on this forum know I support Boca, Argentina, Villareal and Spurs I like attractive football. This coach is trying to get us to realise that football is not played with two linesmen, a referee and air traffic control. It is  not so easy to make players, who dump to succeed in the local leagues, able to step up to the higher level ....As we say here " Cobeau doh eat sponge cake "
hang in dere folks we in dis together. Rome was not built in a day!
And stop de negative talk...words have power !!!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 11, 2008, 08:47:00 AM »
guys ...why yuh didn't call for his head after the Guat..game...and they play good in that one...the coach know before hand U.S. is going to beat us with what ever side he put on...why yuh think he had Lawrence on the bench...he look healthy....the players didn't perform....that the bottom line...we have three more game to play...no if's or but's...we have to win the next three games...we have players coming back from injuries and suspension and he have 20days to do that .......to put a very good side together....let see what happen...so calling for his head is bad right now...and a next thing if he get fired...who you think should take over....what Anton, Alvin...who...

Najee, I was at de game so he didn't see it on TV (to hear any reports) and i have no explanation as to why Lawerence was on de bench, can u let me know why, please?

hopefully Jack on de horn right now making arrangements for some Dutch coach to come and rescue we!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 11, 2008, 08:49:06 AM »
If I was a conspiracy theorist I would say it look like somebody pay off Pacho to make sure we doh make it to de hex.  This man is sabotaging our chances of making it to the next round.  The only central defender with experience inexpilcably gets benched against our toughest opponent.  We losing de game and he only make one sub. Yuh have ah striker who score 30 goals fuh his club last season sitting on de bench and yuh won't give him ah sweat when yuh losing 3-0. He start de game with three defensive midfielders.  What de f**k is this man thinking.  Ah coach's job is to put his team in the best position to succeed.  This asshole is doing the exact opposite.  How much longer before the administrators realize this.

Ah hope de only reason he eh fired yet ( and fire Anton too) is because uncle Jack still making some phone calls to find a suitable replacement.  All I know is that de next game is de make or break game for us and if this fool still in charge for that game and he refuse to call back the best players we are doomed. We MUST get at least 1 point next game if we want to have any chance of making it to de hex.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 11, 2008, 08:49:28 AM »
Firing the coach at this stage makes no sense, but it doesn't mean he do not deserve to be fired!! I am a supporter of the coach and his philosphy of aparently developing the local players however...We cannot afford to ignore the experience and leadership, clearly the goals off of set plays were from a lack of experience...Look at the directives given by Tim Howard to his defense every time we attacked or had a corner..
The bottom line is we need to have a proper mix to have a truly successful team. Poor Carlos needed help out there ...but with him and the only true looking midfielder out there in Daniel playing on opposite sides made it even harder.

Just my 2 cents guys
Peace.

what developing  you see he doing ..... ??
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2008, 08:50:55 AM »
D US BETTA THAN OUI REALLY. Dat eh d issue bredder is d crap dat d coach doin day in day out is we main concern. D only time he use 3 subs was last sat when he shoulda a bark in he native tougue shut it down. U down and u make 1 sub. Since hefixated wit 1 man upfront he coulda take Glen off and replace him. Not 2 mention not startin Lawerence.

So I hope all yuh gettin paid well 4 spinnin he crap

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2008, 09:03:05 AM »
OK so SJ and dem throw way but d defence not 2 take any blame 4 goals dat score all yuh gettin paid 4 dis spin

Of course the defenders have to take some blame, but the idea that Stern and de others goh be saviors is BS. All yuh blaming the defenders, but what about we defensive midfielders - these guys didn't handle their positions, and caused a lot of problems for our central defenders.

Even with the black-listed we were still going to lose, and every coach I ever spoke with always tell me that this is a results game.

Men talking bout tactics, but like all yuh didn't see we players heads drop after de unlucky first goal, and for the most part dey kept it down. When yuh players dispondent, ain't no tactics yuh could employ then - yuh just have to hope dey pull dey self together, and guess what the black-listed use to do it too.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 11, 2008, 09:31:45 AM »
I think some people on here confused.  Some saying that they like Maturana because he developing the local players and giving them experience by playing them in these qualifiers.  well it is NOT the job of the national team coach to develop players.  Player development is the job of CLUBS, ACADEMIES and A TECHNICAL DIRECTOR.  Unless a coach was hired with both titles COACH/TD then the job of the coach is to get successful results in international matches.  The two main duties of a national team coach are players selection and team tactics.  I could be wrong but the last coach we had who was also the TD was Rene Simoes.  If a coach wants a player to gain experience and experiment with different tactics, players, formations, etc. he does so in practice and FRIENDLIES not in de middle of a world cup qualifying campaign.  The only time a smart coach experiments in competitive international matches is in emergency situations like injuries or suspensions.  On matchday the game plan should not be an experiment.  On matchday the players are just supposed to EXECUTE the GAMEPLAN which they would be very familiar with by matchday.  The coach would have PLANNED ahead for different opponents and situations and familiarized his players with them.  Therefore when the players face the opponents or situations they are prepared.  Clearly this is not the case with this coach.

Everytime we get a new national team coach I hear people complain that he not developing the local players.  We placing the blame in the wrong place.  When Beenie/Wim were coaching I heard them say on many occasions that when a lot of the local players were call up their fitness level was not up to international standard.  And, they would have to waste time working on fitness instead of concentrating on the opponent/gameplan.  How many time did we hear him beg players to work on their own to improve their fitness.  

I said all that to say that based his player selection alone Maturana deserved to be fired.  If yuh look at his tactics/substitutions he deserved to be fired too.  

Maybe he is good at developing de local players and giving them confidence.  Then hire him in some type of player development capacity, maybe as the TD.  Maybe we can let him pick a pool of 50 or so local players who he thinks have potential to be national team players and have him conduct monthly training camps for with them.  But, leave the coaching of the national team up to somebody more competent for the job.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 11, 2008, 09:36:57 AM »
D US BETTA THAN OUI REALLY. Dat eh d issue bredder is d crap dat d coach doin day in day out is we main concern. D only time he use 3 subs was last sat when he shoulda a bark in he native tougue shut it down. U down and u make 1 sub. Since hefixated wit 1 man upfront he coulda take Glen off and replace him. Not 2 mention not startin Lawerence.

So I hope all yuh gettin paid well 4 spinnin he crap
Thismore than anything is why we lost yesterday, thebelief that the US is lightyears ahead of us in football...if we could beat Mexico who is the fletching US...when we started to play ball we had them under pressure...we had them in their own half for a ful 10 minutes and then WE gave them back the ball when Akile misstrap on the line...

THE lack of belief is the same reason why the damn layers give the amricans space as if landon donavan is fletching ronaldinho and dempsey is messi...look at how easy cyd gray was mannersing damarcdus beasley and out of the whole US attack only he and dempsey is players i  respect.
THAT US better than we shit hadda stop first, cuz if we keep thinking that way the US will always beat us because we already beat ourselves.

Yesterday the only the payers who knew they could run against the US was carlos and daniel...without the support the US just put two and three men to close them down..

that's the main thing beenhakker brought belief...
but he should get fired if he don't fix that set piece and squad selection shit tho...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 11, 2008, 09:41:13 AM »

Of course the defenders have to take some blame, but the idea that Stern and de others goh be saviors is BS. All yuh blaming the defenders, but what about we defensive midfielders - these guys didn't handle their positions, and caused a lot of problems for our central defenders.

Even with the black-listed we were still going to lose, and every coach I ever spoke with always tell me that this is a results game.

Men talking bout tactics, but like all yuh didn't see we players heads drop after de unlucky first goal, and for the most part dey kept it down. When yuh players dispondent, ain't no tactics yuh could employ then - yuh just have to hope dey pull dey self together, and guess what the black-listed use to do it too.

Yuh know is jes this goal ah want to start off wid today ... I've read many comments but I am yet to see one addressing the events leading up to that first goal and ah may surprise some by where I lay de blame for that free kick being taken and then converted ... CARLOS EDWARDS ... a player I like but he was wrong! wrong! and :cursing: wrong!!! :cursing:

Beasley breaks with the ball, gets a decent first touch ... Carlos tries to wrest de ball from Beasley, thinks DaMarcus has handled de ball ... TURNS AWAY from the player seeking to appeal/get the attention of the official positioned acres from the play ... surprise, sur :cursing: prise, Beasley keeps playing!!! ... Carlos (who for some reason my commentator identified as a naturalized Brazilian and was calling him Carlitos ???) ... Carlos pissed ... even OUTRAGED at de injustice  ::) (is :cursing: football, happens all de time) ... decides to hunt down Beasley in a rush of blood and FOULS him un :cursing: necessarily ON DE :cursing: line ... ON DE LINE!!!! when he could simply have contained him (USING DE same :cursing: line to his advantage and probably seen the ball out of play or worst case scenario (definitely much worse than giving your opponent a free peck at goal) ... worst case scenario ... have Beasley play the ball back to a teammate ... Ah love de man zest ... but he turned a harmless situation into a :cursing: nutscruncher.

Since we apportioning blame ... be guided accordingly   :P

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 11, 2008, 09:42:35 AM »
Sarcasm is obviously lost on u. How man go have blieve when dey eh know who dey goin into battle wit u. U blieve when u know who have yuh back.

AS 4 Stern being JC we savior d man does throw way nuff and score nuff d man drop d 3 5 2 in d 1st WCQ FYI dat is equivalent 2 usin a new pair of boots in d game it doh happen

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 11, 2008, 09:51:01 AM »
guys ...why yuh didn't call for his head after the Guat..game...and they play good in that one...the coach know before hand U.S. is going to beat us with what ever side he put on...why yuh think he had Lawrence on the bench...he look healthy....the players didn't perform....that the bottom line...we have three more game to play...no if's or but's...we have to win the next three games...we have players coming back from injuries and suspension and he have 20days to do that .......to put a very good side together....let see what happen...so calling for his head is bad right now...and a next thing if he get fired...who you think should take over....what Anton, Alvin...who...

Najee, I was at de game so he didn't see it on TV (to hear any reports) and i have no explanation as to why Lawrence was on de bench, can u let me know why, please?

hopefully Jack on de horn right now making arrangements for some Dutch coach to come and rescue we!

Fyzoman i don't why he left Lawrence on the bench...who know...all iam saying the players on the field where is there fight...Fyzoman if you coaching the best players in T&T and they not doing what they suppose to do on the field...no fight..no possession..lack of focus...you think they will win the game..no i don't think so...we played mostly local they mostly overseas..yea we have suspended and injuries players...we could say he shoulder and coulder...the bottom line everyone fraid to reality is we have three very important game to play....the (WCQ) start on OCT. 10..WE HAVE TO BEAT GUAT. AT HOME...for me that the bottom line...the coach and staff have 20days to do that

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 11, 2008, 09:53:54 AM »
We have to keep Maturana To get a new coach now will set us back. We never beat the US so is not like the result was unexpected.

Same coach tweak the squad and try to get a result in 1 month in Guatemala.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 11, 2008, 09:59:56 AM »
I wonder what SJ is thinking today ;)

he is disruptive= He tell de Coach Cornmeal dat he eh no damn good ;D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 04:38:09 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 11, 2008, 10:30:13 AM »
We have to keep Maturana To get a new coach now will set us back. We never beat the US so is not like the result was unexpected.

We changed coaches 3 games into the hex last time.  Why we cyah change Pacho now?

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #142 on: September 11, 2008, 10:37:02 AM »
Send the dental.....send the false teeth man back home.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 11, 2008, 10:51:09 AM »
okay lets give Mata a bligh on team selection and say iz not he fault how the players play. How can we explain the tactics ??? lack of subs and any tactical adjustment through out the game ?

Superoli.....ah know ah late on dis but  :applause: :applause: :applause:
I still scratching mih head....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 11, 2008, 11:03:31 AM »
Thismore than anything is why we lost yesterday, thebelief that the US is lightyears ahead of us in football...if we could beat Mexico who is the fletching US...when we started to play ball we had them under pressure...we had them in their own half for a ful 10 minutes and then WE gave them back the ball when Akile misstrap on the line...

Dis is ah next thing dat upsetting mih....dis US team beatable....I had to see it with mih own two eyes to believe it....if the players keep hearing dat we cyar beat de US then guess what....WE WONT!!!....

FIRE MATURANA NOW!!!!.......  although all ah we who calling for he head now should get some  :busshead: :busshead: :whip: cause we shoulda start de campaign after de Bermuda fiasco....steups!!...de man clueless!!!....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #145 on: September 11, 2008, 11:04:51 AM »

We changed coaches 3 games into the hex last time.  Why we cyah change Pacho now?
De hex had 7 games left. Dis rounds we only have 3.

We shoulda throw he out after Bermuda. But I doh really think it would be beneficial to do it right now.

If it happen, I eh gonna complain, though.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 11:06:38 AM by Monkey Genius »

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 11, 2008, 02:12:14 PM »

KND ah wonder if thai what he was really thinking. ??? So ah wonder why we even bothered playing thee game; maybe thai why they sweat in ah room in thee hotel...maybe why he play ah bucnh ah none players... maybe thai why he ent play better players and was resting Lawrence fur another team that we could beat up.  ???
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 11, 2008, 03:55:55 PM »
Fire anton, Fire pancho, fire them all we should have told Roy Keene that we are not letting Yorke go and insisted that he stayed if were any of them European countries they could pull that sh** that Keen pull and Yorke was all to willing to go so F*** him do not use Trinidad and Tobago as no practice for that sh** side sunderland thank you for all you done Mr yorke I love you but we must part now, and this is anyone who still thinks that coach pancho knows what he is doing then there on crack, Corneal is pulling the strings those tactical moves have their prints all over them FFFFFFiiiiiiiiirrrrrrreeeeeeee  the coach and Anton asap

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 11, 2008, 04:24:58 PM »
Mr yorke I love you but we must part now,

Mr. Yorke is still head and shoulders above the rest of the midfilders we have.  Perhaps he saw the writing on the wall from the training sessions that we had no chance to beat the US, perhaps he wasn't fit enough to play 2 matches in 4 days, perhaps he and Pacho had a falling out.  Whatever the real reason, if he makes himself available for the next match against Guatemala we should welcome him back with open arms.  If Telesford can walk on the side out of the blue then Yorke should be able to come and go as he please.  Is not like we building any continuity in the side anyways.

For the next match we need to bring back the midfield combo of Whitely (if fit  :praying:), Yorke, Birchall and Edwards.  Add Daniel in there if we going with 5 mids.  Stern, Roberts, Glen and Scottie competing for the spots up top.
There should be no place in this side for Theobald or Telesford.  Hyland and Leon could ride the bench for now.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 11, 2008, 04:29:41 PM »
Mr. Yorke is still head and shoulders above the rest of the midfilders we have.  Perhaps he saw the writing on the wall from the training sessions that we had no chance to beat the US, perhaps he wasn't fit enough to play 2 matches in 4 days, perhaps he and Pacho had a falling out.  Whatever the real reason, if he makes himself available for the next match against Guatemala we should welcome him back with open arms.  If Telesford can walk on the side out of the blue then Yorke should be able to come and go as he please.  Is not like we building any continuity in the side anyways.

For the next match we need to bring back the midfield combo of Whitely (if fit  :praying:), Yorke, Birchall and Edwards.  Add Daniel in there if we going with 5 mids.  Stern, Roberts, Glen and Scottie competing for the spots up top.
There should be no place in this side for Theobald or Telesford.  Hyland and Leon could ride the bench for now.
it is amazing that Jackass and the TTFF cant see this
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>