April 26, 2024, 09:25:34 AM

Author Topic: Maturana/Anton ... sickening impotence/arrogance  (Read 4707 times)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Maturana/Anton ... sickening impotence/arrogance
« on: September 10, 2008, 08:19:04 PM »
1. No leadership body language by Maturana. Actually looking very mooksee on the sidelines
2. "Vikeevie" captaincy decisions, giving Gray who has no impact in directing things.
3. Vaps omission of Dennis Lawrence.
4. Refusal to play players on the bench when 3-0 down as if daiz all we could aim for.
5. Stubborness with Stern John, Birchall
6. Arrogance in their firing of players just to prove who is man.

Fire dis joker!!!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Papasmurf

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://footballawayoflife.blogspot.com/
Re: Maturana/Anton ... sickening impotence/arrogance
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 08:25:51 PM »
Same thing i thought to my self, why isnt he barking instructions, then i remembered he cant communicate with his players cuz he cant talk english. Go figure.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 08:42:31 PM »
I have no problem with Toussaint and Baptiste as I actually like them...

1. but why must Daryl Roberts or Stern John be left out leaving Cornell to fight up on his own with no one to pass to. Why? Cornell is a great player but he needs to have somebody like a target striker like Stern or Daryl Roberts to soak up some markers

2. When the standard of the opposition goes up, as in the case of USA,  why not increase the potency of the team? Why these suuden changes in central defense when the stakes are so high.

Press on Maturana. You is man. An Anton,... keep up de texting you arrogant backside.

Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 08:55:57 PM »
I have no problem with Toussaint and Baptiste as I actually like them...

Press on Maturana. You is man. An Anton,... keep up de texting you arrogant backside.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 08:57:44 PM »
EL PERRO cyah bark in english
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 09:01:00 PM »
AGREED....and by the way, where is TrueTrini and the WIM bashers who claim he wanted too many foreign experienced players in the squad?
Hart for president

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 09:40:55 PM »
benedicts i now see why you eh get banned yet everybody cussing pancho now , cussing is free game it seems

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 10:16:41 PM »
1. No leadership body language by Maturana. Actually looking very mooksee on the sidelines

alyuh remember when the Czechs rip apart the us in the first WC game? Arena was looking just so.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 10:19:01 PM »
 All ah them '  madre gato

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 06:39:03 AM »
The honeymoon is over.  Maturana looked clueless on the sides also. How yuh go send that inexperienced of a team to play away to the US, insist on a zonal marking system which proved an excuse for players to neglect their defensive accountability, and then not make tactical adjustments.  De man looked lost.  Plus he insistent on not injecting some experience in the side.  Bigger coaches swallow their pride for the sake of the team.  Things cyar be so bitter that he can't reconcile with Stern and co.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 07:07:57 AM by Tenorsaw »

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 07:14:00 AM »
U ent hear what Dempsey say after the game... He say cannot believe how much space he had and that the person marking him must have been new. (in other words clueless)

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 07:35:10 AM »
U ent hear what Dempsey say after the game... He say cannot believe how much space he had and that the person marking him must have been new. (in other words clueless)

Dempsey say dat? he damn right! every time ah write how dis was practice for de US all i could think is Dempsey.
I find he was moving as though dis was a lil scrimmage to warm up for a big game (maybe he might play for Fulham on de weekend).

A walk in de park for the US, and cacahole Pacho and Anton dem doing all kinda stupidness wid we football.

ah tell ah friend ah mine dat Lawerence play in de WC 06, fust ting he ask me is if he injured?!?!?!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 07:37:25 AM »
I wonder what alvin would write right now !! ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 07:41:00 AM »
Dempsey say dat?

Yes he did and I have it recorded. Shaka asked him was he suprised by the amt of space given and that was his answer..

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 07:41:49 AM »
The man said he had lots of space and the man was new, they exploited our left side of play whole night.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 07:45:19 AM »
I wonder what alvin would write right now !! ...

De same shit he does always write!!...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 08:05:16 AM »
my question is where did the midfield disappear to in this game?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 08:10:54 AM »
my question is where did the midfield disappear to in this game?
Allyuh wasn't listening to Touches? Daiz how we was ALWAYS playing except for one or two games. But we beat up Grenada dem, so man happy.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 08:17:41 AM »
Nah man Touches make that up and he too negative...

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 08:25:14 AM »
The man said he had lots of space and the man was new, they exploited our left side of play whole night.

Ray forkin' Charles could have seen that Aklie Edwards was going to get mash up on that left side against Dempsey. 

Pacho like he never watch tapes of the World Cup when Avery was suspended?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 08:28:05 AM »
Hello d man watch tapes and Whitley was recall
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 08:30:14 AM »
and 1 f**kin sub the entire game, when every player in red couldve been taken out for positive effect.
Hart for president

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 08:36:50 AM »
if T&T serious about making it to SA WC 2010, THE PLAYERS need to take a stand now. There the ones being put in the line of fire so they need to let there voices be heard, TOGETHER, enough with the coward, half ass, don't care attitude.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 08:42:47 AM »
D same players who break ranks and only 16 sue 4 dey money dem takin a stand and we goin SA. Scotia d loan goin and repay ASAP.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 08:45:13 AM »
Maybe Pacho left out Lawrence to prevent him getting a 2nd yellow and suspended before the more important and winnable road game vs. Guatemala  ???  Nah wait he's just a jackass

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2008, 08:50:23 AM »
Maturana looked like the village idiot on the sidelines, clueless as to what to do next. We had piss poor tactics, piss poor passing and piss poor marking that allowed those relatively easy goals from going in.

I was not at all surprised by the result because we started on the backfoot instead of taking the game to the Americans.  Shaka was at a loss for word to describe the shit he was seeing on the field and with no effective change forthcoming.

What was the point of bringing Scotland for these two games and yuh ain't use him once steuuuupppss. Blatant refusal to bring Birchall who would have been twice as effective as Densil and Telesford combined, Kerry baptiste and Lawrence on the bench was a big mistake and we paid dearly. Playing this kiss meh ass 4-5-1 is so useless is not funny, especially against the likes of US an Mexico.

Lard give us some direction please!!!!!!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2008, 09:05:50 AM »
I see some ah we eh know how dis ting does work. Let me give ah little history..germany realised dat de hungarian team with Puskas, one of the greatest footballers of all time, was largely unbeatable so they played a reseve team in an earlier meeting with them getting to see all that they had to offer. Germany later countered with a stronger team and shocked the world by beating the invincible hungarians...get my point ?
Folks we have Yorke, john, Kenwyn Jones and a few other to be discovered who did nt play last night before we meet the USA again... we have to lose battles to win wars !!
Maturana is able and capable. he has been there before...he was responsible for the biggest upset when Colombia beat Argentina 5-0 when noone expected that. I did not see all this negative talk and calls for his head when we played and beat Cuba... Few can doubt that we created more chances and looked good aginst guatemala ..and we played without, jones. We played against a much superior team last night what did you expect at this time ?
KJ is a big facteor in out team and he is to be added ...the team that meets USA next round will have some changes I assure you. Players who show well in practice play ....but as we all know they dont always show well when asked to step up..everyone is getting a chance not so ? By the next round we will all know who can and cant step up.
Italy is renowned as poor starters in every competion ...they dont panic..... If yuh son eh live up to your expectations a few times yuh go throw him away or look for another ? Maturana is someone the players can look up to as he has been where they want to go...how many times have we had problems because the players felt that they had more experience than the coach ? ..I see men calling for Bertil ..please...doubles cheap ...put some ah dat in yuh mouth and watch and learn.
Next ting men go say I is Anton or Alvin !!!! well I on dis forum long before Anton get de wuk !

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2008, 09:08:51 AM »
Maybe Pacho left out Lawrence to prevent him getting a 2nd yellow and suspended before the more important and winnable road game vs. Guatemala  ???  Nah wait he's just a jackass

I thought about that for a second this morning too- remembering Lawrence was in card trouble....but it still doesn't sit well... still goes down as a questionable/bad decision in my books.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2008, 09:12:18 AM »
Lawerence eh meh boi blade he eh card waitin 2 happen plus all yuh tink d dumbtist tinkin bout d Gua game. He did not have a plan 4 d US game but all yuh tink he have strategy 4 d next

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2008, 09:35:12 AM »
Were Iwer George when we need him? OK since Iwer not present Iwill do the honors:" Tell dem we reach!", "Tell dem we reach!"

We really reach, when we play a WCQ against the US and seem to just lie down and say "come on, have it your way". That game last night has to go down as one of our worst against the US in any WCQ, we normally leave the field with some dignity (1:0), (0:0), or at worst (2:0) with us having missed a few clear chances but now we reach an all time low.

Maturana, Jack, Anton, lack of leadership, what ever the excuse you want to choose, please be my guess but when you now have a Pro-league of your own, you been to a World Cup, and you have all the state of the art facilities; what more do you want?

I agree many factors contributed but the players themselves seem to be waiting for something to happen, no one stepped up to become a leader when there was obviously a leadership vaccum. We must now hope for a miracle in Guatemala where even the US struggled, and where we collect 5 the last time around. Even worst, we must now hope that the US decide that playing T&T in the Hex is more to their advantage than playing Guatemala and so put a good cut arse on them Guats in the US and send a "C" side to play we in POS. So we are back to depending on other teams to help us out.

Regardless of how the pieces fall, I am a die hard Soca Warrior but I am also a tired Soca Warrior, just tired of being second to this US team, especially when they obviously are not playing at their best and we choose to shoot ourselves in the foot instead of making them pay.

1]; } ?>