March 28, 2024, 05:41:57 PM

Poll

Should we successfully get Maturana Fired who should become our next coach?

Leo Beenhakker
10 (28.6%)
Russel Latapy
12 (34.3%)
Kevin Keegan
1 (2.9%)
Ruud Gullit
3 (8.6%)
Other(please name)
9 (25.7%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: September 10, 2009, 08:36:33 PM

Author Topic: Should we successfully get Maturana Fired who should become our next coach?  (Read 11062 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Should we successfully get Maturana Fired who should become our next coach?
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2008, 06:26:48 AM »
Hardess  ;D ;D ;D

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2008, 06:29:05 AM »
Wa revolution?  Jack still in charge.
Finding a good coach who willin to take shit from Jack and Co. is a long shot boy.

Ent.

People here want the Disease to get rid of the Symptoms as if anything would change. Whatever cache we build up with getting Don Leo and making the WC get pissed away long time.

I remember saying when Wim left that NO good coach worth his salt would coach us and Jack not pulling no magic trick this time.

Everybody rejoice because we get a big name but I guess now is a different story.

With all that being said no coach is taking this group of players, with all the issues we have, past competent, organized, top teams so people only grousing because of their own unrealistic expectations. All the talk about this game being the one when we would purge them when we have yet to beat a recognized decent team since before the last WC.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2008, 07:09:57 AM »
Here we go again,the norm after every game T&T play,when we win we rate the players and when we lose we blame Coach,i don't see any difference between Pacho and any Coach past or future being recommended,coaches don't play the game,i'll continue to repeat T&T problem is not Coach,our problem is our players foreign/locals does not make a difference,we still have too much problems outside of the game and it's affecting our game on the field,our players will look good depending on who we playing but we can't deal with pressure.Firing the Coach will not help,lightening don't strike the same place twice,we have to try and learn lessons from Haiti and Jamaica,they made it once how they made it the lord alone knows just like us,where are they today?there Football can't recover,we have to continue to HOPE things work out for us again,our godfather could only do so much,i think our players doing the best they can but may be it's not good enough,lets try and refrain from pulling them down we have more games to play,it's not the end. 

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2008, 07:21:42 AM »
Here we go again,the norm after every game T&T play,when we win we rate the players and when we lose we blame Coach,i don't see any difference between Pacho and any Coach past or future being recommended,coaches don't play the game,i'll continue to repeat T&T problem is not Coach,our problem is our players foreign/locals does not make a difference,we still have too much problems outside of the game and it's affecting our game on the field,our players will look good depending on who we playing but we can't deal with pressure.Firing the Coach will not help,lightening don't strike the same place twice,we have to try and learn lessons from Haiti and Jamaica,they made it once how they made it the lord alone knows just like us,where are they today?there Football can't recover,we have to continue to HOPE things work out for us again,our godfather could only do so much,i think our players doing the best they can but may be it's not good enough,lets try and refrain from pulling them down we have more games to play,it's not the end. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2008, 07:25:01 AM »

you joking right. doh watch score and get tie up. we get real overmatch in plenty games and still keep the score tight. Tonite we shoulda colleck about 8 and it was only 3-0. And I not even trying to say if this was the worst or not...all I saying is we tired go there and didn't compete

of course we were overmatched on many occasions.  A side doesn't beat you all the time for decades by accident.  which is why I say that we never looked that overmatched. 

I have to disagree that we tired go there and didn't compete.  Generally, we does put up more fight.  Apart from the fact that I watch all those games, I find it hard to believe that every game could be an "embarassing blaze" and yet that doh really show up in the scoreline.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2008, 07:34:55 AM »
Yes I agree coaches doh play de game, but the coach is the one who picking the players and if the players he picking not playing good, then what..Let me ask you a question, if Beenie did not take over the team when he did and we left the same coach in charge, do you think we would have qualified for the World Cup? We

What are the positives from a player and coaching aspect after last nights game:Let me hear de fellas who say leave the coach.

Players:

Coach:

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2008, 07:37:29 AM »
BbB - Bring back Bertille
I say no more

Also Terry Fenwick as de head Coach don't sound too bad

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2008, 07:45:46 AM »

What shit are you talking?

So Beenhacker did not make a difference?

Godfather?  Who is that Marlon Brando?

The team has ability, that much is obvious, but it is missing essential parts to complete a cohesive unit.

Maturana playing musical chairs with the team and he is a shit snake.

Why you talk so much ta-ta guy?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2008, 07:49:39 AM »

you joking right. doh watch score and get tie up. we get real overmatch in plenty games and still keep the score tight. Tonite we shoulda colleck about 8 and it was only 3-0. And I not even trying to say if this was the worst or not...all I saying is we tired go there and didn't compete

of course we were overmatched on many occasions.  A side doesn't beat you all the time for decades by accident.  which is why I say that we never looked that overmatched. 

I have to disagree that we tired go there and didn't compete.  Generally, we does put up more fight.  Apart from the fact that I watch all those games, I find it hard to believe that every game could be an "embarassing blaze" and yet that doh really show up in the scoreline.

breds..well your exectations jess lower than mine. The 2-0 we colleck in the Gold Cup..We were poor, even if we were better than last night the result was never in doubt. The 1-0 we get in WC 2006 qualifying was a joke. We settle in the 2nd half, but the first half was amatuerish, including the red card Lawrence had to pick up for sloppy play in the back. And the ref disallow a perfectly good goal from Twellman. To me, it's been a looooong time, since we've played the US on US soil where the result was ever in any doubt..and that was in a Gold Cup when they came from 2 goals down to beat us 3-2. Before that, we had them one nil in another Gold Cup off a bicycle from Leonson Lewis but they came back and beat us 2-1 and before that, Strike squad tie with them 1-1. BUt other than those three times, we never looked like getting anything from the games. We only muster a 20 minutes or so of nice ball AFTER the US score and drop their intensity, and I does shake my head how we does hold on to that and talk like we play good against a side that lost interest in the game. That is what I mean by don't compete. result is never in doubt. And yes..a awicked blaze doh necessarily show up in teh score line..Watch Germany v Spain for a prime example. US does score against us, miss a host of chances, then drop their intensity and play at our pace. They never fully interested in blowing us out completely. It's actualy something the youths learn from small and it in their psychi. Harkes was complaining about it last night. They've never had the killer instinct and bad mind like a Costa Rica, or Mexico who does want to embarass yuh if you looking weak. BUt enough of the doom and gloom. This side have potential. They strongly believe we could still make the HEx. It eh over and Oct 11, we have a chance to really do something special, fingers crossed.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2008, 08:39:38 AM »
Wim laughing all the way back home.

Horrendous mistake putting him thru the crap TTFF had, and then letting him go.
Hart for president

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2008, 08:45:23 AM »
Laughin nah man he have a wuk he eh have we 2 study
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2008, 08:46:43 AM »
Jan Steadman..one ah the best, if not the best coach in Trinidad. He will deal wid dem boi and dem slackness em doing...esp dah long ball ting dem like..

Ask any Former Naps man or Benedicts man or anybody who ever play under Steady....He is the answer.

Only ting is Jack and corneal go get cuss whey from him if dem try and dictate he pace.

Another good coach was ah man dey use to call "Carpet" ah red man wid ah bald heas..wonder if anbody know bout he. We hah real good coaches right here who understand we football...who know we history and traditional weaknesses
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2008, 08:59:51 AM »
Carpet coach Carapichaima last yr me eh know if he wit dem this yr
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2008, 09:04:35 AM »
I vote for 'other'...actually anybody but anton and maturana would good.
seriously, the theme should be 'do no harm' that man has harmed our football, our spirit, and our hearts
sad, sad, :'(

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2008, 09:07:34 AM »
It may b d fact dat I about 2 go 2 ah funeral so I ust b eh tinkin straight but I go take Anton not Alvin in front of d dumbtist

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2008, 09:21:17 AM »
Nah we should nationalise de following players.....Bufon, Juan, Pepe, Cole, Maicon, Riquelme, Kaka, Messi, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Drogba...then give me de wuk  :devil:
if not den we need ah magician who can transform we small rodents into chariots and fine  horses. Since you is a small magician den we go need ah big Magician.....
Maybe yuh fadder go get meh point here .....yuh cant make bread out of stone !!!!!!
If we had good players den I could be coach !!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2008, 09:29:21 AM »
I read somewhere a good coach could take a bunch of mediocre players and make dem qualify 4 a WC. Anybody ever experience dat I hear is a dutch guy did dat anybody ever hear bout he 

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2008, 09:44:13 AM »
So I been peepin forever at some ah de assness I does read on here and I think is time ah fall een. 

We need to stop de fantasies because Maturana an he assness seem very much entrenched.  As much as he is ah imps coach we eh ha no say in it.

For argument sake though I agree with those who say Bruce Arena.  The US team have some talent but it's tremendously disciplined as a unit.  And seeing how Arena stretch that talent so far he would be the right one to instill the type of team discipline necessary for our young warriors to advance as players.

BTW Coops yuh talk rell assness jedd!!

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2008, 11:21:35 AM »

Coops boy, the only reason I read your posts is out of respect for your contribution on the field and your brother who went to school with me. I also hope, like the child peeping through the window hoping her father, who has left and started a new family,will return soon, that I would read something that makes some sort of sense. Alas I am left like that child still waiting.
Maturana has proven to be a man very unstable in all his ways. From february to now you are telling me he cant settle on a core set of players? that there isnt even the semblance of a core starting 11. Added to that how does one explain his whimsical omissions. Maturana uses and used his lack of hablando english to his advantage. Hence the lack of press conferences after games. Do you know it was the press that was instrumental in running him  out of Honduras. he coudnt use the language barrier issue and could not explain to the press his weird selections and their poor perfomances. Sound familiar? You dont seem to unsderstand the adage "the buck stops here". No Coops, as i said before go somewhere else and sell that BS. Your godfather needs to leave T&t football to competent people who know about football,because anyone who knows anything about football would not have brought Maturana in the first place, and if it was a mistake they would have gotten rid of him by now.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2008, 11:25:58 AM »
You know something,i find some people could only talk when T&T lose,this forum was dead for some weeks,all of a sudden people i eh see in years coming out of the woodwork,like they does glad when we lose becuase they never have anything good to say,i personally wish the thoughts and things you all say would make us win a game but is sports and it don't happen like that,i think everybody is entitled to their thoughts and views weather good or bad,agree or don't agree it's not facts or anything anyone have to do,so don't raise you all blood pressure when ever i say something.  

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2008, 11:31:43 AM »
You know something,i find some people could only talk when T&T lose,this forum was dead for some weeks,all of a sudden people i eh see in years coming out of the woodwork,like they does glad when we lose becuase they never have anything good to say,i personally wish the thoughts and things you all say would make us win a game but is sports and it don't happen like that,i think everybody is entitled to their thoughts and views weather good or bad,agree or don't agree it's not facts or anything anyone have to do,so don't raise you all blood pressure when ever i say something.  

Not raising blood pressure boss. Just trying to help you think more critically.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2008, 11:46:54 AM »
I read somewhere a good coach could take a bunch of mediocre players and make dem qualify 4 a WC. Anybody ever experience dat I hear is a dutch guy did dat anybody ever hear bout he 
Do you ever have anything constructive or technical to add to the discourse . it's always sarcasm, WIM GONE , BEENIE GONE !! yes yuh fadder leff and gone , so stop lookin through the window, THEY NOT COMING BACK SISTA!!!

bring something that could @ least settle the heart and nerves, instead is only ah set ah doomsday preaching.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 11:49:27 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2008, 12:07:26 PM »
well it have to be a top pro league or english coach like John Barnes who knows who is the best 18 players in trinidad. because Maturana and Cornmeal dont seem to know who they are
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 12:11:59 PM by Babalawo »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2008, 12:23:55 PM »

In all honesty I think people give up hope on you ever saying 'something' yes.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2008, 12:31:12 PM »
coops I think your post good...I don't agree with all of it, but daiz what a forum for.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2008, 12:46:19 PM »
Coop , i happened to agree with yuh fardder. when we win they does be kickin down other teams and celebrating like we have talent equal to brazil and argentina, but when we lose there's no blame on the players , just the coach.

i'm sure if we was victorious against the US ppl here wouldn't have anything to say about the dentist, the fact that we were drobbed makes all the difference.

i've been wanting to say this for a while now and i ardently hope i don't make senseless enemies for it.

listen ppl WE ARE NOT THAT GOOD OF AH TEAM!!! WITH THE EXCEPTION OF , KJ, DR AND YORKE, i will throw DANIEL in the mix as well, apart from those players we are just an ordinary mediocre talented team.

take forinstance yesterday, carlos edwards was complaning about beasley while play was in motion, he loss concentration and allow ah silly foul based on emotions!

now this man playing in top flight football and should know better than to complain when the ball is in play, let alone commit ah silly foul OUT OF ANGER so deep into our half, the result of that blunder GOAL.

I SAW PLAYERS YESTERDAY BALL WATCHING LIKE CRAZY!! no one following up plays, on the break away, the midfield slow as hell in transition, this is what separate mediocre talent from greatness, forinstance cornell glenn got ah few good passes from carlos and daniel, and on many occasions had his back turn to the play, not once did he run @ onyuewo the foul box, he had ah shot on goal and kick it straight down the pike instead of placing it in the corner, out of reach.

i'm sorry folks but these are signs of mediocrity, great player like C ronaldo , and kaka , only need ah half ah chance and is goal.

if our players were that good as you lot would like to think, then we would have @ least 8 players in top flight football , instead of 3 !

the coach is not without blame , he selected ah real goat team to face our toughest rivals, now i don't know if he felt that we had no chance to get the win on US soil , so he improvised by letting the rookies gain some valuable experience , who the fack knows, but it was ah poor decision to say the least, and i think from here on in he should @ least know who deserves ah spot on the team from who should empty their lockers and exit the premises.

if the team don't look like this fro the rest of the campaign, then we are more than likely not to be in the hex!

i still like the goalie ( PHILLIPS )

CYDE (even though he sucks going forward, is still ah boss defender)                                      AVERY( needs to chill, STILL TOO WILD)                        LAWRENCE( AH MUST !!)                  KENYO( much better than hislop )

CARLOS (needs to stop getting angry and concentrate)     YORKE                 WHITLEY            DANIELS

ROBERTS

S. JOHN

IF THE COACH WANT TO KEEP HIS JOB THEN HE BETTER ADHEAR TO THIS LINE UP!!!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 12:49:12 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2008, 01:12:27 PM »
Avery need to chill and replace him with who Aklie Edwards??   ???
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2008, 02:30:35 PM »
Chill as in to play under control, not bench!!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2008, 04:51:50 PM »
Avery need to chill and replace him with who Aklie Edwards??   ???
Sister yuh can't see avery on the list? don't just read the chill part read every thing in the brackets, it's ah full sentence, he need's to chill , still too wild.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2008, 06:51:11 PM »
Bring back Gally. There is a tried and tested TTFF plan. After this fiasco we will hire who ever is the Joe Public Coach keep him until the next Gold Cup. Then two years before the next W/C hire a big name coach.

1]; } ?>