April 27, 2024, 04:53:08 PM

Author Topic: USA cruise pass clueless T&T.  (Read 13709 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT NOW...
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2008, 07:49:12 PM »
The 'milk' done spill all ready why we crying? what now? ummm......

Just WIN.... the next set ah games. Yuh could  eat humble pie and bring back star boys  dat eh mean ah thing unless we get the desired results.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: USA cruise pass clueless T&T.
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2008, 07:53:41 PM »
Our back four too SLOW they dont have a clue about defending up and down the field. the first goal was good but as a defender u have to pick up runners coming in the box. second goal basic one-two, defender step up giving away valuable spce behind him boom goal. third goal well thats thats a floops.... i doh know why they have lawrance, scotland, james on the BENCH! :frustrated: :arguing:

yo, i just had to put that sentence in bold cause that statement sound very familiar on the forum......yes, yuh right, the equalizer against Guatemala just ah few days ago. Lord help we.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline vale

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2008, 07:57:19 PM »
A.B. Trini, I know we have to win but we have to sought out al these issues and fast!!! How are we going to fix our defensive problems, generate intensity, pick the correct players, put away games ect.

We have to play like we did for 85 mins against Guatemala four days ago.

Play like this and hope for the best.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Who has the most to prove?
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2008, 07:57:49 PM »
All of the above.

The omitted players will play to show that they were needed and JW will pass this of as him being the mediator between the TTFF and FPATT in getting the omitted players to play thus "his "rabbit out the hat." Mats will say he believe that this was the right time to include the older players, and the "locals' will chime in that all they needed was a little help from the more experience players.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2008, 08:15:06 PM »
Win how draw we a map nah
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2008, 08:26:43 PM »
People in all likelihood Maturana will still be at the helm come our next qualifier against Guatemala..
We have to put this defeat and poor performance behind us and look forward and start planning....
9 points are still up for grabs and in all likelihood 10points should be enough to get us through...

My team for the next match would be

Williams, Cyd, Thomas, Lawrence, A.John, Carlos, Birchall, Yorke, Daniel, Glen, Roberts.

I believe we will have to win either away to Guatemala or at home to the US. Given the two scenarios I would say a win against Guatemala would be the better bet.

Come on people I want Maturana to 'ride out' too but we are still in it....BE POSITIVE!!!!

the problem is, if he going to pick the team you put there, yuh know the man unpredictable aready  :'(

Yuh mean he's ah donkey.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tv6 news
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2008, 08:41:17 PM »
Y should he apologize he eh doin nutten wrong. He have a winnin record. Guess what I still sarcastic
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2008, 08:53:04 PM »
Y should he apologize he eh doin nutten wrong. He have a winnin record. Guess what I still sarcastic

Yea playing team like Guyana 100-times doh count

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2008, 08:56:40 PM »
stueps. so no firing?
men real tusty fa THE decision :devil:
TTFF ya stickin ;D

We dutty. Hang em>>>LOL
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: USA cruise pass clueless T&T.
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2008, 09:01:16 PM »
I was disappointed with Shaka Hislop commentating. At one time he even said USA should have gotten a penalty. The other commentators say they have to see the replay first before making a decission, but Shaka came out bold and say it flat. What an asshole to sell his country short, he should have mention how much shit his nephew was playing (Makan).... and stop trying to kiss ESPN ass...
Apparently some people's memories don't extend back to summer of 2006.

It was not a penalty though, the US must have dove 5 times

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
24 Hours later. No match report from Fuentes?
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2008, 09:18:44 PM »
No interviews wit de players?

No interviews wit de coach?

Or he textin dem een?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2008, 09:20:57 PM »
People in all likelihood Maturana will still be at the helm come our next qualifier against Guatemala..
We have to put this defeat and poor performance behind us and look forward and start planning....
9 points are still up for grabs and in all likelihood 10points should be enough to get us through...

My team for the next match would be

Williams, Cyd, Thomas, Lawrence, A.John, Carlos, Birchall, Yorke, Daniel, Glen, Roberts.

I believe we will have to win either away to Guatemala or at home to the US. Given the two scenarios I would say a win against Guatemala would be the better bet.

Come on people I want Maturana to 'ride out' too but we are still in it....BE POSITIVE!!!!

the problem is, if he going to pick the team you put there, yuh know the man unpredictable aready  :'(

Yuh mean he's ah donkey.

That too  :D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: 24 Hours later. No match report from Fuentes?
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2008, 09:44:25 PM »
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=38783.0

Thanks.

It was a depressing evening.  One of the worst I have witnessed by any T&T team.  What makes it worse is the ineptitude of T&T both on and off the field.

How can you NOT know if a player is suspended for 1 or 2 games and pick him anyway?  Who f**ked that up?

How can you be down 3-0 and not try to change what you're doing on the field?  What?  You were happy with how things were going?

How can you select Akiel Edwards to play his first world cup match, away from home, against the strongest team in your group and NOT expect what happened to happen?  Ah mean...what did Pacho expect?  That he would somehow "rise above his station" and play the game of his life and restrict the opposition?  Is set up Pacho and Corneal set up young Edwards, and by extension, THE TEAM, to FAIL!

What hurts even more is that there were players NOT PLAYING who were AVAILABLE but not playing because of frankomeh ASSNESS!

Dennis Lawrence
Stern John
Darryl Roberts
Christopher Birchall
Kerry Baptiste
Julius James
Clayton Ince

ALL AVAILABLE TO PLAY...ALL WITH MORE INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE THAN SOME WHO PLAYED.....ALL WHO ARGUABLY ARE BETTER PLAYERS THAN SOME WHO WERE ON SHOW...NOT PLAYING BECAUSE OF f**kERIES!

Yuh cyah blame any of de players to some extent.  Dey didn't pick deyself.  But Alvin Corneal who insists that Christopher Birchall is not international material cyah be serious when he have nutting to say about Osei Telesford, who plays with heart and has less ability than the much maligned Birchall.

Clyde Leon was a non entity.  Theobald was horrific.  Carlos Edwards was doin de wuk of 3 men.  Keon Daniel was decent.

The US midfield not only had TIME on the ball......they were allowed to collect the ball, scratch dey balls, pick dey teet, text Maturana dat de team he had on de field was a fleckin joke, and DEN pass off de ball!

This performance was an INSULT to the fans of T&T who come from wherever...many who take time off from their jobs to come and support.  Nobody is under any illusions about the team.  As much as we like to give talk about dis player and dat, we know dat we team eh no world beaters.  We even suffer the incompetence of the TTFF in relative silence.  But we will NOT tolerate apathy ON AND OFF DE FIELD!

Basically...save for 10 minutes at the beginning of the 2nd half, WE GAVE UP....COACHES...PLAYERS...ADMIN...AND THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2008, 09:54:27 PM »
What hurts even more is that there were players NOT PLAYING who were AVAILABLE but not playing because of frankomeh ASSNESS!

Dennis Lawrence
Stern John
Darryl Roberts
Christopher Birchall
Kerry Baptiste
Julius James
Clayton Ince

Yorke should have been available too

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2008, 10:14:20 PM »
U know if it was not 4 all yuh here I woulda done sign off dis team. Just like I sign off WI cricket but all yuh ah eh depress and ting. Long time ah would not sleep, stomach in nuts nutten so. I guess is because of all d nonesense I immune

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2008, 10:15:22 PM »
Yorke should have been available too

Daz a whole nex story.  But dis eh de fuss time dat happen wit Yorke and I cyah vex wit de man fuh he decision.  What I not kool wit is de fact dat I doh TRUST de TTFF, dat story dat Keane call he back jes so....I feel dat was known beforehand and dey givin we 6 fuh 9.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2008, 10:19:50 PM »
Exactly Palos remember after d WC he play v Vincey heat but eh play v Panama

Offline TTVillafan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2008, 10:27:17 PM »
guys, while i tend to agree with the yorkie early deal scenario, keane is a selfish SOB, he didnt give a s**t about his own c**try, eire in 2002 when he and mick bust up before it start and he went home....what i want to see is if dwight play on sat against the mighty wigan that he needed dwight for after he buy about 17 players before the transfer,,, i starting to dislike him even more now, y he ent call carlos back too

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2008, 10:29:14 PM »
He saw Carlos play he might b sorry dat he has 2 come back

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2008, 10:33:24 PM »
Brown call d juzzy peeps leh we get some fire d dumbtist juzzy goin

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2008, 10:35:56 PM »
No brudder man neva say dat when we was playin Guyana 4 we 2 c and 4 we not 2 c. Dat is all that matter was dat we was winnin. D cuttail was a sure ting and d US insure dat we get it

Offline TTVillafan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2008, 10:38:01 PM »
korek carlos playing some real shite these days, but i hear he have some home issues, so it look like it affecting him

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2008, 10:43:25 PM »
Somebody find he a psychologist and get he head back in d right place

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2008, 10:46:16 PM »
korek carlos playing some real shite these days, but i hear he have some home issues, so it look like it affecting him
He was arright yesterday. Still not at his best, but he was alright.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
'You don't make changes for changes sake' ???
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2008, 11:02:35 PM »
Concacaf 2010 World Cup Qualifiers
Do or die for Soca Warriors
BY FRANCIS JOSEPH (Trinidad Guardian)

A dejected Francisco Maturana heads to the team bus after the Soca Warriors fell 0-3 to the US on Wednesday night in Chicago.
PHOTO: FRANCIS JOSEPH

From Chicago

If T&T is to qualify for next year’s final round for World Cup 2010 in South Africa, the Soca Warriors must defeat Guatemala next month.

It is Guatemala or T&T to go through to the next round, Colombian coach Francisco Maturana said after the Soca Warriors fell 0-3 to the US on Wednesday night at Toyota Park, Chicago, USA.

To make the defeat more hurtful, Guatemala defeated Cuba 4-1 at home on Wednesday night to level with T&T on four points after three matches.

Maturana is not giving up. He told T&T Guardian that he would have liked to beat the US on Wednesday night. “But they are a good team, they were better today, they were the stronger team.”

Asked about the poor performance of the Soca Warriors, in particular midfielder Keon Daniel, Maturana said: “He has scored three goals in that position. You just don’t make changes for changes sake. He played well in that position before.”

Asked if the absence of Dwight Yorke and Avery John contributed to the heavy defeat, the coach added, “I don’t like to talk about things that are not there.”

As far as Maturana is concerned, Mexico, Costa Rica and the US are three top teams in Concacaf at the moment. He believes T&T and Guatemala are level and which ever team wins the October clash will go through to the next round. (Guatemala and T&T battled to a 1-1 draw in Port-of-Spain last Saturday).

Maturana is not even thinking about the return clash with the US. After 11 meetings, the US has won nine with two drawn.

The Soca Warriors gave a very disappointing performance before a crowd of 11,452, which included a number of T&T nationals who travelled from various cities in the US.

The T&T team never settled. They started slowly and defensively and it came as no surprise in the ninth minute when Michael Bradley gave the US a 1-0 lead. The cheers of the Americans fans had not yet died down when the US went 2-0 in the 18th minute through Clint Dempsey.

Once again, it was poor defensive work which led to the two early goals.

The Americans missed out on a third goal in the 28th minute when Brian Ching’s shot went straight to local goalkeeper, Marvin Phillip. The US went to the half time break with a 2-0 lead.

Whatever Maturana told his players at half time brought some spark into their play. Anthony Wolfe replaced Densil Theobald at the break and the Warriors were quick on the ball and they looked like they meant business. Shots were taken on the US goal and in quick time, the Warriors won four corner kicks.

A dangerous tackle by Akile Edwards earned him a yellow card and the Americans a free kick. They wasted little time and Ching made it 3-0. That took the fight out of the Warriors and it was now a question of how many goals they would receive at the end of 90 minutes.

Wolfe got the ball in the back of the net in the 59th minute, but it was ruled offside. The painful and agonising end came with the final score being 3-0. The US has a maximum of nine points, having previously beaten Guatemala and Cuba by a 1-0 margin.

the teams

T&T: Marvin Phillip, Clyde Leon, Akile Edwards,Osei Telesford, Keyeno Thomas, Carlos Edwards, Cyd Gray (capt), Makan Hislop, Densil Theobald, (Anthony Wolfe 46th min) Cornell Glenn, Keon Daniel.

US: Tim Howard, Carlos Bocanegra (capt), Oguchi Onyewu, Steve Cherundolo, Heath Pearce, Sacha Kijestan, DaMarcus Beasley.Cherundolo, Clint Dempsey (Eddie Lewis 77th), Landon Donovan, Brian Ching (Eddie Johnson 67th), Michael Bradley(Ricardo Clark 67th)

OFFICIALS: Courtney Campbell (referee), Stephen Brown, Triston Tulloch (linesmen), Howard Stennet (fourth official) — all of Jamaica.

Glenn: T&T loss a good thing
Trinidad Guardian

Striker Cornell Glenn said the Soca Warriors made three mistakes in the World Cup qualifier with the US on Wednesday night. “Three mistakes, three goals, it cost us.”

Glenn spoke with reporters after the match which was played at Toyota Park, Chicago.

He added, “The loss tonight is a good thing for us. We have to work a little harder now to get the points away to Guatemala. We have a job to do and to forget and put this game behind us.”

The Warriors striker said it was a slight distraction not having Dwight Yorke on the field, and Dennis Lawrence not playing the game. “The coach made a decision to put Osei (Telesford) and I think he did very well today. We made three mistakes and it cost us.

“We missed a couple of players well tonight, Avery John and Dennis Lawrence. Probably, if we started the first half how we started the second half, it may have been different. I know they would have come at us hard to get the three points and take us out of it. This is World Cup qualifiers, it will always be tough. We lost 3-0, but we have to work hard for the next game next month.

‘We gave them too much space in the first half, it was different in the second half, but three mistakes, three goals, it cost us.Some of the players were new and did not understand the system, that had part to do with our performance tonight,” Glenn added.

qualifying results

NEW YORK CITY – Results of Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football (Concacaf) World Cup qualifying matches on Wednesday.

GROUP 1

USA beat Trinidad and Tobago 3-0
Guatemala beat Cuba 4-1

GROUP 2

Mexico beat Canada 2-1
Honduras beat Jamaica 2-0

GROUP 3

El Salvador beat Suriname 2-0
Costa Rica beat Haiti 3-1

CMC

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rough Result - T&T Slips To Third After 3-0 Loss
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2008, 11:03:29 PM »
“Getting that third goal killed the game,” Donovan said. “They didn’t want to get embarrassed, so three goals is enough.”

Can someone PLEASE cuff this piece of utter shite down for making that statement.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 'You don't make changes for changes sake' ???
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2008, 11:05:24 PM »
Really dat is d man M.O. Change u can't believe in

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2008, 11:06:51 PM »
Reaper u is d enforcer so outsource d wuk 2 somebody in d US

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2008, 11:15:29 PM »
I never like donavon, especially since he break Marvin lee back with he wildness.

1]; } ?>