May 23, 2024, 01:29:54 AM

Author Topic: Roy Keane - "Warner's a clown"  (Read 35083 times)

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Roy Keane - "Warner's a clown"
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2008, 11:27:35 AM »
Worst case scenairo:

If England do get the world cup, Warner will influence which cities will be host cities.

Don't underestimate the power of absolute power!

well we know for now it WONT be Sunderland....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2008, 11:29:49 AM »

"The man is a clown.

"I think he's a disgrace to go through the media the way he has."

Says the man famous for running his mouth in the media... Keane could go haul he mudda c**t.

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2008, 11:30:13 AM »
And who are you to say that Blatter hasn't used his influence to assist Switzerland???

Well, I haven't seen any proof to suggest that and neither do you by the looks of things, despite how corrupt Bladder may be...

which is the reason i made the comment...where are you going with this???

if you have any simple comprehension of what I wrote (which by this comment you don't), you SHOULDN'T have made the comment in the first place....I replied by saying how do YOU know that???  I never said I did....YOU said you did  ???

Yawn.

I said that Warner uses his position at FIFA to influence T&T football matters. I then said 'imagine the fuss created if Blatter did the same'. You said 'How do you know that he hasn't'...which suggested that I have no proof to back up my claim...

I don't think that he hasn't, hence 'I have no proof to suggest that he has'...I have no proof that he hasn't either...its if's and buts.

If there was proof of him doing so, then fair enough...but I can't find any instance of anything like that happening hence my comment.

Bye.

On another note, I find this paragraph to be a little disturbing...

"I chose to respond on a FIFA letter-head because that is a privilege afforded me owing to my said status and the fact that your callousness showed utter disregard for FIFA's regulations re the release of players for international duty. Regrettably, but not surprisingly, you did not grasp the message."

Isn't Warner using his position here on behalf of the TTFF? If his quibble is with Sunderland and Yorke, shouldn't he be submitting a complaint to FIFA as the head of the TTFF and not using his own position within FIFA to deal with TTFF related affairs?

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2008, 11:32:09 AM »

"The man is a clown.

Says the man famous for running his mouth in the media... Keane could go haul he mudda c**t.

In what instance?

Saipan?

That whole business was made public by McCarthy and a couple of Irish national players...Keane commented on the whole affair after. You make it sound as if he ran to the papers the moment he was sent home...

I suppose you would have preferred it if he wrote a letter and sent it to the media, beating his chest? v ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2008, 11:32:52 AM »
While I agree that Jack is a clown, who the hell does Keane think he is?

He obviously think he is dealing with people from a Banana Republic. What a disgrace!!!

Well you either think he is a clown or not,  Keane obviously thinks he is and said so, wish I could of been listening in to the telephone call though on Wednesday.

Keane is not having a dig at T&T he is having a dig at Warner.  

Its all in his prematch press conference, which was always going to happen as the club refused to comment the other day. As I mentioned previously the FIFA letterhead upset the club, Keane also mentions money owed to the T&T players etc.  If the prematch conference comes up anywhere as usual I will put a link up.  

Keane says what he thinks, it will not be the first or last time, if he is asked the question he usually gives an answer and its usually what he has in his mind and its usually his honest opinion.

Keane can go f**k off.

Offline BlackCat

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 12, 2008, 11:32:58 AM »
...which will SURELY affect Sunderland's performance on the field, which we BOTH don't want to happen....

I doubt this little exchange of words is going to effect any players performances.  It'll just be a bit of banter and laugh in the dressing room.

how do u know that???  when they end up in a situation that they've are going to be called back by their respective clubs, when a premiership game is two/three days away, what is Keane going to do??  or is it because of SMALL Trinidad that he selectively does this???  I don't know about you, but I am sure in between those 'supposed' laughter, many of them are thinking about their own situations....and also remember that not all the players will side with Keane in this situation.  Just like us, some will side with Keane and others with Warner (I am not on either side may I quote again), but may not do so publicly of course (I hope) and we may see the results on the field.  But hey that's just human nature....gotta love it  :angel: :devil:

Are you trying to say all Sunderland players tomorrow are going to be effected by this?  Maybe the Trini players might feel its an issue for the future, but the rest of them will probably be having lads banter about what has been said.  I know I'd be laughing about it and doing impressions of both Keane and Warner.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 12, 2008, 11:35:41 AM »

"The man is a clown.

In what instance?

Saipan?

That whole business was made public by McCarthy and a couple of Irish national players...Keane commented on the whole affair after. You make it sound as if he ran to the papers the moment he was sent home...

I suppose you would have preferred it if he wrote a letter and sent it to the media, beating his chest? v ;D

What the ass are you talking aobut "Saipan"... Keane's entire career was underscored by his penchant for shooting from the lip... whatever was on his mind ended up straight in the newspapers... via direct source.  This is nothing new.

All this nonsense talk about he wrote Jack a letter too, but unlike Jack he won't be sending it to press... save dat shit.  You in the press right now saying the same shit you said in the letter I'm sure so what's the difference?

He only pretending to trod the high road.

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 12, 2008, 11:39:49 AM »

"The man is a clown.

In what instance?

Saipan?

What the ass are you talking aobut "Saipan"... Keane's entire career was underscored by his penchant for shooting from the lip... whatever was on his mind ended up straight in the newspapers... via direct source.  This is nothing new.

All this nonsense talk about he wrote Jack a letter too, but unlike Jack he won't be sending it to press... save dat shit.  You in the press right now saying the same shit you said in the letter I'm sure so what's the difference?

He only pretending to trod the high road.

Well, give us some examples about Kean 'running to the press'. If you're talking about post-match interviews then you're well off the mark. You forget that Keane was outspoken at United because he was the TEAM CAPTAIN. Because...y'know...part of being a captain is making your voice heard which is one of the reasons why he was given the armband in the first place.

Is intelligence at a premium in your household or what?

All this nonsense talk about he wrote Jack a letter too, but unlike Jack he won't be sending it to press

LMFAO I was joking, I never said he sent a letter, just saying that he could always follow that route (like Warner).

Hahaha.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 12, 2008, 11:47:44 AM »
Normally when I call a man a clown I say all he missin is d suit. In JW case he has d suit. I like how he call him out 4 not payin d players dey money. Exactly what I posted when d whole issue bust up everybody know JW doh treat we boys right so y we expect Keane or anybody else treat we good.

As 4 d 2018 WC is England hosting it not d UK Keane eh care if England eh get d 2018 WC he eh English. As Palos hinted and I blieve Keane confirm Yorke was neva goin play both games just like Vincy heat and panama in 06.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2008, 11:49:34 AM »
Don't worry nah alyuh, FIFA will spend all their time going after Keane for calling Warner by he middle name. That I would like to see.

Talking about "chain of command" if a police officer verbally abuse you, you have all rights to loud him up in return. If your boss abuse you in front the entire office you can loud him up to and seek further redress. The boss have to be more diplomatic than the employee, unless the boss doh mind losing he job.

JW is in the wrong. Get over it.

I am yet to read one response that says Warner was right to run to the press with the letter... in fact most ridiculed it.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2008, 11:58:32 AM »
While I agree that Jack is a clown, who the hell does Keane think he is?

He obviously think he is dealing with people from a Banana Republic. What a disgrace!!!

Well you either think he is a clown or not,  Keane obviously thinks he is and said so, wish I could of been listening in to the telephone call though on Wednesday.

Keane is not having a dig at T&T he is having a dig at Warner.  

Its all in his prematch press conference, which was always going to happen as the club refused to comment the other day. As I mentioned previously the FIFA letterhead upset the club, Keane also mentions money owed to the T&T players etc.  If the prematch conference comes up anywhere as usual I will put a link up.  

Keane says what he thinks, it will not be the first or last time, if he is asked the question he usually gives an answer and its usually what he has in his mind and its usually his honest opinion.

Keane can go f**k off.

I know emotions are running high at the minute with your recent results, but to blame Keane for you troubles is way off beam.

Yorke playing on Wednesday wouldn’t of made any difference given the reports I have seen.  The fact is either Yorke or T&T agreed he couldn’t play otherwise he would have had to play under FIFA regulations. 

I will repeat again, if there was a problem T&T only had to complain to FIFA, FIFA would then take the appropriate action, Warner has he so often points out is a FIFA vice president surely he should know the rules of the organisation.  The fact this hasn’t been done speaks volumes.

You are now taking you anger out on Keane, when it should be directed much closer to home.

Warner has succeeded in drawing attention away from what looks like from the outside the train wreck that is T&T football.  He tried a little publicity stunt to show everybody how big a man he is and shift the attention and some of the blame away from where it truly lies.  Even in this he did on FIFA note paper to make sure everybody knows who and what he is, most people have a fair idea anyway.

You are now defending a man who from the outside looks like he uses TTFF for his own personal gain , ego and betterment.  He seemingly couldn’t care a jot about the state of the game, stadia, players or future of the game other than to increase his own personal stature. 

I suppose judging from you well thought out and highly persuasive response, you deserve him to be in charge.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2008, 12:00:08 PM »

Well, give us some examples about Kean 'running to the press'. If you're talking about post-match interviews then you're well off the mark. You forget that Keane was outspoken at United because he was the TEAM CAPTAIN. Because...y'know...part of being a captain is making your voice heard which is one of the reasons why he was given the armband in the first place.

Are you really this stupid... or is this all some elaborate... albeit convincing act?  Regardless whether the cameras were thrust before him or whether he thrust himself before the cameras is not the issue.  The issue is his penchant for as I stated before "shooting from the lip", both as a player and as a manager.  I have no time to go dredge up no quotes for you seek them yourself if your'e that interested.  I'm sure most reading this are well-acquainted with what I'm referencing.

All this nonsense talk about he wrote Jack a letter too, but unlike Jack he won't be sending it to press

LMFAO I was joking, I never said he sent a letter, just saying that he could always follow that route (like Warner).

Hahaha.

The irony of you questioning my intellect when simple reading comprehension escapes you.  What makes you think I was referencing anything you said in the quote above Sherlock??  Keane himself said that he sent Jack a letter, but that unlike Jack he won't be releasing it in th press.  Clearly I'm addressing Keane's actions and the fact that he touts his decision to send Warner a letter in private as being somehow indicative of his higher character.

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2008, 12:02:58 PM »

Are you really this stupid... or is this all some elaborate... albeit convincing act?  Regardless whether the cameras were thrust before him or whether he thrust himself before the cameras is not the issue.  The issue is his penchant for as I stated before "shooting from the lip", both as a player and as a manager.  I have no time to go dredge up no quotes for you seek them yourself if your'e that interested.  I'm sure most reading this are well-acquainted with what I'm referencing.

Hahaha.

The irony of you questioning my intellect when simple reading comprehension escapes you.  What makes you think I was referencing anything you said in the quote above Sherlock??  Keane himself said that he sent Jack a letter, but that unlike Jack he won't be releasing it in th press.  Clearly I'm addressing Keane's actions and the fact that he touts his decision to send Warner a letter in private as being somehow indicative of his higher character.

You've already shown yourself to be a prize tit in the 'Sunderland Pull Keane From USA Game' thread...

So I really don't need to say anymore...

;)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 12, 2008, 12:03:46 PM »

I know emotions are running high at the minute with your recent results, but to blame Keane for you troubles is way off beam.
Yorke playing on Wednesday wouldn’t of made any difference given the reports I have seen.  The fact is either Yorke or T&T agreed he couldn’t play otherwise he would have had to play under FIFA regulations. 

I will repeat again, if there was a problem T&T only had to complain to FIFA, FIFA would then take the appropriate action, Warner has he so often points out is a FIFA vice president surely he should know the rules of the organisation.  The fact this hasn’t been done speaks volumes.

You are now taking you anger out on Keane, when it should be directed much closer to home.

Warner has succeeded in drawing attention away from what looks like from the outside the train wreck that is T&T football.  He tried a little publicity stunt to show everybody how big a man he is and shift the attention and some of the blame away from where it truly lies.  Even in this he did on FIFA note paper to make sure everybody knows who and what he is, most people have a fair idea anyway.

You are now defending a man who from the outside looks like he uses TTFF for his own personal gain , ego and betterment.  He seemingly couldn’t care a jot about the state of the game, stadia, players or future of the game other than to increase his own personal stature. 

I suppose judging from you well thought out and highly persuasive response, you deserve him to be in charge.

Please save that shit for the proper parties... because you can scour this entire site and not find one instance of me even insinuating that Yorke's absence in anyway contributed to our loss.

I read your perspective the first five times you posted it so there really is no need for you to continue advocating on Keane's behalf where I'm concerned.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 12, 2008, 12:06:39 PM »

Please save that shit for the proper parties... because you can scour this entire site and not find one instance of me even insinuating that Yorke's absence in anyway contributed to our loss.

I read your perspective the first five times you posted it so there really is no need for you to continue advocating on Keane's behalf where I'm concerned.

so you don't disagree with the rest then.

re you post above this one, have I missed something when did Keane say he sent a letter to Warner, not this week, he said he spoke to Warner on the phone.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 12, 2008, 12:06:47 PM »
man who from the outside looks like he uses TTFF for his own personal gain , ego and betterment.  He seemingly couldn’t care a jot about the state of the game, stadia, players or future of the game other than to increase his own personal stature. 
20/20 vision from the outside.
Jack Ass does NOT make his money from the TTFF.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 12, 2008, 12:07:52 PM »

You've already shown yourself to be a prize tit in the 'Sunderland Pull Keane From USA Game' thread...

;)

Ah yes... having revealed the holes in your statements you hastily beat a retreat behind a veil of smoke and mirrors.. a 'man' no doubt well-acquainted with the mores of a prize tit, no doubt.  Too bad you didn't find the courage then to pipe up and put forth your own argument as to why the US wasn't primed for a let down.

btw cunnyhole, since when was Keane supposed to be in the USA game?

dumbass.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 12, 2008, 12:10:45 PM »
man who from the outside looks like he uses TTFF for his own personal gain , ego and betterment.  He seemingly couldn’t care a jot about the state of the game, stadia, players or future of the game other than to increase his own personal stature. 

sorry

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 12, 2008, 12:13:45 PM »

re you post above this one, have I missed something when did Keane say he sent a letter to Warner, not this week, he said he spoke to Warner on the phone.

Kev, I'd just ignore him. He makes little sense most of the time and doesn't bother to look at things called 'facts'...

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 12, 2008, 12:14:55 PM »

;)

Ah yes... having revealed the holes in your statements you hastily beat a retreat behind a veil of smoke and mirrors.. a 'man' no doubt well-acquainted with the mores of a prize tit, no doubt.  Too bad you didn't find the courage then to pipe up and put forth your own argument as to why the US wasn't primed for a let down.

btw cunnyhole, since when was Keane supposed to be in the USA game?

dumbass.

Sorry, it was a typo.

My mistake...

Still, I thought I'd give you something to wank over...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 12, 2008, 12:22:17 PM »

There is nothing to neither agree nor disagree with... you assumed that I was reacting in defense of Jack, whereas a solid 90% of the people on this site know that I have not need nor desire nor inclination to do any such thing.  Keane should know better than to dignify Jack's bluster and allow himself to be dragged into this catfight... or as I called it elsewhere, a "trans-Atlantic" spitting pissing contest.  Keane is not different from Jack with regards to proclivity for using the press to achieve his own means.

As to the reference to the letter... I stand corrected, he said he WILL be sending one, not that he did.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=38800.msg475119#msg475119
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 12:35:07 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 12, 2008, 12:23:13 PM »

sorry
I was not calling you that eh
Jack Warner is who I was reffering too

but to add
maybe he does make a small fraction considering how much money the TnT government has given the TTFF HIM over the years
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 12, 2008, 12:31:20 PM »

sorry

but to add
maybe he does make a small fraction considering how much money the TnT government has given the TTFF HIM over the years

I didn't think you were

I was just apologising for my ignorance, I obviously got the mistaken impression Warner and or some family members had profitted from his involvement in TTFFF and his role in FIFA, allegedly of course.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 12, 2008, 12:31:45 PM »
Some men in here rel jokey yes..Dey getting their emotions tie up rel easily..most of us dont like Warner policies..and none of us in here agreed that Yorke did not have input in returning to Sunderland..The title of the thread is about keane calling Warner a clown..yes its funny and our emotions about warner will have most of us bigging up Keane for saying this publicly...but in this industry its the wrong way to play the game by calling the FIFA vice president a clown and still trying to engage in a war with him...Now some man saying FIFA cant do Keane anything cause the FA is the one who can discipline Keane..but FIFA can influence the FA and Warner is one of the higher-ups at FIFA, which means he will make sure and retaliate in a way that will show Keane who is boss...Now allyuh think the FA will sacrifice any good relationship with FIFA for a club coach?..lol..and Keane himself is trying to sound humble by saying Warner should not take this and that to the press, Keane is just as bad in this department....my suggestion to Keane is cool it..know when to pick your battles and who to pick it with because their are men way above you who can indirectly hurt your career....(Now i guess in most forumites eyes am now a JW supporter lol)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 12:35:13 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 12, 2008, 12:32:01 PM »

but to add

If Jack doesn't make money off the TTFF what has happened to all the funds that FIFA has allocated to the Federation over the years?  What has happened to broadcast right fees?

Make some kinda sense nuh man.

---

Kev they HAVE profited.

and btw... here's the proper link (fixe above) to the Keane's reference to sending a letter to Jack.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=38800.msg475119#msg475119
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 12:36:15 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 12, 2008, 12:36:41 PM »

but to add

If Jack doesn't make money off the TTFF what has happened to all the funds that FIFA has allocated to the Federation over the years?  What has happened to broadcast right fees?
Make some kinda sense nuh man.
Kev they HAVE profited.
Yes, you like holiday foods, "of course"
My TTFF myopia was on the local scene...certainly not on the FIFA gravy as you mentioned.
Those broadcast rights were for Concacaf or just TnT?
sometimes I have a hard time to distinguish between his TnT and his Concacaf monies.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 12:46:08 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 12, 2008, 12:37:19 PM »
B & S from what I have read its hard to see how they could of failed not to.

I was just messing

Offline BlackCat

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 12, 2008, 12:41:05 PM »
Some men in here rel jokey yes..Dey getting their emotions tie up rel easily..most of us dont like Warner policies..and none of us in here agreed that Yorke did not have input in returning to Sunderland..The title of the thread is about keane calling Warner a clown..yes its funny and our emotions about warner will have most of us bigging up Keane for saying this publicly...but in this industry its the wrong way to play the game by calling the FIFA vice president a clown and still trying to engage in a war with him...Now some man saying FIFA cant do Keane anything cause the FA is the one who can discipline Keane..but FIFA can influence the FA and Warner is one of the higher-ups at FIFA, which means he will make sure and retaliate in a way that will show Keane who is boss...Now allyuh think the FA will sacrifice any good relationship with FIFA for a club coach?..lol..and Keane himself is trying to sound humble by saying Warner should not take this and that to the press, Keane is just as bad in this department....my suggestion to Keane is cool it..know when to pick your battles and who to pick it with because their are men way above you who can indirectly hurt your career....(Now i guess in most forumites eyes am now a JW supporter lol)

I really can't see what on earth Warner can do to effect Keane or his career.  Is he going to bribe referees to disallow Sunderland's goals or something?  Or is he going to send round the boys?

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 12, 2008, 12:44:05 PM »
but in this industry its the wrong way to play the game by calling the FIFA vice president a clown and still trying to engage in a war with him...Now some man saying FIFA cant do Keane anything cause the FA is the one who can discipline Keane..but FIFA can influence the FA and Warner is one of the higher-ups at FIFA..Now allyuh think the FA will sacrifice any good relationship with FIFA for a club coach?..lol..and Keane himself is trying to sound humble by saying Warner should not take this and that to the press, Keane is just as bad in this department....my suggestion to Keane is cool it..know when to pick your battles and who to pick it with.....(Now i guess in most forumites eyes am now a JW supporter lol)

You're just regurgitating the same thing over and over again, making points that have already been addressed.

In what way can FIFA influence the FA to punish Keane? What will the punishment be if that happens? How do you even know that they will? Whats your basis for all of this? How can Warner punish Keane?

All we're hearing is 'Warner will do this and do that, he'll influence this one to do this and influence that one to do that'...but nobody has a clue as to what Warner might do or how he will go about it...Because he can't.

Regardless of his lofty position, Warner cast the first stone with his letter which mainly centered on the fact that Yorke was withdrawn from the USA game. Warner basically called Keanes reputation as a manager into question with his usual childish bravado and Keane responded. What would you have him do? Just ignore it and let Warner carry on with his theatrics without the truth being known?

I think people like yourself have forgotten who started all of this in the first place (Warner).

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 12, 2008, 12:44:45 PM »
Or is he going to send round the boys?

Well as Dutty so clearly presented that scenario concerning our dear PM :devil: :devil:

Pat: "aah my friend, I see yuh bring Luigi and Fat Tony out of retirement to put ah hit on the cabinet"

Jack: "Iz nuttn pussonal, juth businithh.....ok leh-leh we go an eat yuh lath meal nah"
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 12:46:42 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>