April 27, 2024, 04:19:32 PM

Author Topic: Roy Keane - "Warner's a clown"  (Read 34642 times)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Roy Keane - "Warner's a clown"
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2008, 08:08:36 AM »
Bet yuh bottom dollar next round of games, Kenwyne will be summoned injured or not to fly across the Atlantic for our doctors to check on him, then we'll send him back 2 days late on an economy class Caribbean Airlines flight making stops in Barbados, New York, Heathrow then Sunderland.

And see how quick Kenwyne retire from Int'l football after that

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2008, 08:10:19 AM »
While I agree that Jack is a clown, who the hell does Keane think he is?

He obviously think he is dealing with people from a Banana Republic. What a disgrace!!!

Well you either think he is a clown or not,  Keane obviously thinks he is and said so, wish I could of been listening in to the telephone call though on Wednesday.

Keane is not having a dig at T&T he is having a dig at Warner.  

Its all in his prematch press conference, which was always going to happen as the club refused to comment the other day. As I mentioned previously the FIFA letterhead upset the club, Keane also mentions money owed to the T&T players etc.  If the prematch conference comes up anywhere as usual I will put a link up.  

Keane says what he thinks, it will not be the first or last time, if he is asked the question he usually gives an answer and its usually what he has in his mind and its usually his honest opinion.
I'd like to see him respond the same way to Trappatoni or Capello should they come calling.

The boss of your company may be a clown but you wouldn't say so to his face right?

Keane is an ass.
TnT Patriot

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2008, 08:15:44 AM »
Dwight has brought this on himself. He could have easily come out with an official comment to the public, ttff, and sunderland, but has instead said nothing, leaving everyone to speculate and blame one another.
Hart for president

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2008, 08:19:26 AM »
Dwight has brought this on himself. He could have easily come out with an official comment to the public, ttff, and sunderland, but has instead said nothing, leaving everyone to speculate and blame one another.

he came back to take a turn in Zen...plain and simple

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2008, 08:30:35 AM »
Warner is a clown and de TTFF is ah circus and it has been dat way for years...

Warner, Camps, our shameless media and co. have been bringing shame and embarrassment on our country for years... so nobody cyah vex with Keane for calling dem out...

blame de clowns and dem.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2008, 08:38:59 AM »
L<ook how alyuh defending JW eh, that is why he will always be on top. Keane call back Yorke and he is the bad one. All the ma saying is JW did not have to send the letter to the media. Two of them could ah fight it other in the dark.

I would think it was better that Yorke left cause he and all might have been on the bench for the USA trial match and it would have made things even worst.

I hope when JW play USA in Seattle for the return leg alyuh support him and don't call him a clown.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2008, 08:39:38 AM »
Keene is an ignorant, uneducated ,vacuous buffoon whose background has all the hallmarks of a bog dweller.
Who de F**K is he to call Warner a clown.That is the kind ah respect some whites have for black people no matter what they may tell you.Once more KEENE, act as if you are a football manager and not an ignorant street fighter.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2008, 08:40:43 AM »
Keene is an ignorant, uneducated ,vacuous buffoon whose background has all the hallmarks of a bog dweller.
Who de F**K is he to call Warner a clown.That is the kind ah respect some whites have for black people no matter what they may tell you.Once more KEENE, act as if you are a football manager and not an ignorant street fighter.

Oh, please shut-up.
Hart for president

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2008, 08:41:20 AM »
While I agree that Jack is a clown, who the hell does Keane think he is?

He obviously think he is dealing with people from a Banana Republic. What a disgrace!!!

Well you either think he is a clown or not,  Keane obviously thinks he is and said so, wish I could of been listening in to the telephone call though on Wednesday.

Keane is not having a dig at T&T he is having a dig at Warner.  

Its all in his prematch press conference, which was always going to happen as the club refused to comment the other day. As I mentioned previously the FIFA letterhead upset the club, Keane also mentions money owed to the T&T players etc.  If the prematch conference comes up anywhere as usual I will put a link up.  

Keane says what he thinks, it will not be the first or last time, if he is asked the question he usually gives an answer and its usually what he has in his mind and its usually his honest opinion.
I'd like to see him respond the same way to Trappatoni or Capello should they come calling.

The boss of your company may be a clown but you wouldn't say so to his face right?

Keane is an ass.

He already has in a way.

He had a stand up row with the Irish Manager and ended leaving the World Cup qualifiers because of the amateur arrangements made by the Irish Football Association. He called them Rank Amateurs, this was while he was captain for his country.  

If Trappatoni or Capello went on like Warner he would do exactly the same and call them exactly the same.  

You are making the mistake that he has said this because its just Warner or T&T trust me he would say this to whoever acted like this no matter who they were, and has done in the past.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2008, 08:42:47 AM »

ah your a racist

bet he bites on that one

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2008, 08:46:46 AM »
Emotions are high after that USA loss, kev. Dwight's presence would probably have been a big help.

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2008, 08:47:47 AM »
Ah, I go away for a weeks vacation and its comedy hour on the forum.

I won't say too much about this as Filho and Kev have basically said what i wanted to say.

Yorke retired from international football. He said so, and its already been established that Sunderland had an agreement with the TTFF with regards to not letting Yorke play against the USA. Sunderland are just honoring that agreement. Warner wants to have his cake and eat it and the abuse he has received form Keane is justified in my opinion. Warner wrote a scathing letter, and rather than send it privately he put it in the public domain for everyone to see. Basically Warner has tried to treat Sunderland in the same manner that he treats his own people, by making agreements and breaking them.

Keane is not an ass, he's made a stand. A justifiable one. Just because Warner is surrounded by a bunch of 'yes' men at the TTFF doesn't mean that he should expect foreign coaches to act in the same manner.

I think the Warner fraternity on here are more irked at the fact that Keane has basically stood up to Warner and told him to go f**k himself. At least Keane doesn't BLACKLIST his players or refuse to pay them monies owed.

Think about that.

In the same way that Sir Alex Ferguson and Rafa Benitez have recently?

:rotfl:

The Man is the Vice President of FIFA and you bold enough to go public with a statement and call him ah “clown”. That insult was not only to JW but also our county

So, because Warner is Trinidadian any criticism he receives because of his actions is blasphemy against this country? Warner wrote the letter under the banner if FIFA not the TTFF. Get over yourself.

We gets no respect in the football world.

Hardly surprising, judging from the comments on this thread.

Respect is earned.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 08:52:02 AM by The Venerable One »

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2008, 08:49:59 AM »

You talk about racism and call an Irishman a bog dweller? Define irony for me.

That is the kind ah respect some whites have for black people no matter what they may tell you.

You want some ketchup for that chip on your shoulder?

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2008, 08:51:21 AM »
Emotions are high after that USA loss, kev. Dwight's presence would probably have been a big help.

No excuse.

Theres no excuse for racist or xenophobic comments in any form.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2008, 08:51:38 AM »

not biting its OK( look back later to see what I mean  ;)) , I'm not sensitive like that, this has more to do with the way Warner has gone on through the media than anything with T&T.

From reading the comments on here I don't think Dwights presence would of made that much difference, and to be frank having read a lot of threads over the last 6 months I think the whole management/ coaching / Warner involvement is the root of where you find yourselves at the minute.

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2008, 08:54:49 AM »

Frico, come nah man!  Look at it rationally - JW coulda say what he had to say to Keane and keep the media out of it.  Who knows what he was trying to prove by letting that letter into the public domain.  Whatever he was trying to accomplish, it backfire.  In my view, in all of the circumstances surrounding this issue, Keane is damn right.  It have nothing to do with colour.  JW was the one who was disrespectful and Keane fight fire with fire.
.........and may God bless our Nation.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2008, 08:58:30 AM »
Even if you are right its not wise to call a FIFA Vice president a clown....now the poweful clown has a grudge for you that can posssibly ruin your career in the future...
As for men relating  this issue to Kenwyne and Carlos, it does not make sense, cause they have not retired from international football and is protected to play for their country by FIFA..Now if Keane wants to bench  them for representing their country  then yes he is arrogant and dotish cause he will never do the same with his english and irish players..

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2008, 09:00:36 AM »
the South Africa fiasco was proof enough he was a clown, he and panday may never live that one down
I pity the fool....

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2008, 09:01:32 AM »
Even if you are right its not wise to call a FIFA Vice president a clown....now the poweful clown has a grudge for you that can posssibly ruin your career...
As for men relating  this issue to Kenwyne and Carlos, it does not make sense, cause they have not retired from international football and is protected to play for their country by FIFA..Now if Keane wants to bench  them for representing their country  then yes he is arrogant and dotish cause he will never do the same with his english and irish players..

1. What warner could really do to Keane that wouldn't be transparent and immediately put attention and pressure on Warner and Blatter which dey ent want?

2. You ent know Keane... he ent business... he has dropped his very own english and irish counterparts for being minutes late to team meetings and being late for the team bus...

So get over all de nobody ent care bout we cuz we small and we black... its bullsh!t

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2008, 09:02:41 AM »
Even if you are right its not wise to call a FIFA Vice president a clown....now the poweful clown has a grudge for you that can posssibly ruin your career...

Wise or unwise, Keane speak his mind on the matter and I think that is to be admired.  I'm sure he had much worse to say to JW on the 'phone.

In respect of Kenwyne and Carlos, give Keane the benefit of the doubt.  He has not sought to bench any of our players out of spite and I don't see him going down that road.  If time proves me wrong, so be it.
.........and may God bless our Nation.

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2008, 09:05:25 AM »
Even if you are right its not wise to call a FIFA Vice president a clown....now the poweful clown has a grudge for you that can posssibly ruin your career in the future...

Trinidadian mentality coming to the fore.

DO NOT QUESTION AUTHORITY EVEN WHEN THEY ARE WRONG ::)

Warner publicly attacked him. Keane responded as is his right regardless of Warners position and shed a lot of light on why Yorke was withdrawn. Basically, Warner (true to form) used his authority to throw a lot of wild accusations out there in the public domain to discredit Keane, in very much the same way that he would locally. Warner seems to think the rest of the World employs the same level politics that he does...

As for men relating  this issue to Kenwyne and Carlos, it does not make sense, cause they have not retired from international football and is protected to play for their country by FIFA..Now if Keane wants to bench  them for representing their country  then yes he is arrogant and dotish cause he will never do the same with his english and irish players..

The chances of Keane doing that sort of thing to them is remote. I'm amazed people on here are even contemplating it. Drop players for representing their country? Come on.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 09:07:56 AM by The Venerable One »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2008, 09:07:51 AM »
Warner care about the black, small island players who he try to out smart with they WC money? He still eh pay them yet and fight down Sancho from "eating ah food." How he eh a bigot in this case. Alyuh have to be dumb as rock with the statements being put out here.

I will bookmark this post when Warner do some mess again and he is the devil.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2008, 09:08:34 AM »

1. What warner could really do to Keane that wouldn't be transparent and immediately put attention and pressure on Warner and Blatter which dey ent want?

2. You ent know Keane... he ent business... he has dropped his very own english and irish counterparts for being minutes late to team meetings and being late for the team bus...
over all
So get  de nobody ent care bout we cuz we small and we black... its bullsh!t
[/b][/size][/size]

Dont know where you interpreted all of that from..thats just as ignorant as me saying "get over all dat talk bout Keane has a right to recall all our players whenever he feels cause he is paying their salary" although football rules state otherwise....and it dont matter how big and bad Keane is..and whether we like or hate Warner....Its about how much power Warner have in this industry....the future of this scrimmage between Keane and Warner will leave Keane with a spinal injury
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 09:15:59 AM by Sando prince »

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2008, 09:08:45 AM »
some men doh realy know Keane at all, he not fraid and whats the worse JW can do ?
even if Roy Keane lost his job today he could live a life of a lottrey winner for the rest of his life.
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2008, 09:11:52 AM »

Warner publicly attacked him. Keane responded as is his right regardless of Warners position and shed a lot of light on why Yorke was withdrawn. Basically, Warner (true to form) used his authority to throw a lot of wild accusations out there in the public domain to discredit Keane, in very much the same way that he would locally. Warner seems to think the rest of the World employs the same level politics that he does...

As for men relating  this issue to Kenwyne and Carlos, it does not make sense, cause they have not retired from international football and is protected to play for their country by FIFA..Now if Keane wants to bench  them for representing their country  then yes he is arrogant and dotish cause he will never do the same with his english and irish players..

The chances of Keane doing that sort of thing to them is remote. I'm amazed people on here are even contemplating it. Drop players for representing their country? Come on.

You see its YOUR trini mentality that have you understanding my response like u did....its not the fact that you must not question authority....This industry gives alot of power to the FIFA authorities so you have to play the game accordingly...Now calling out you boss as a clown is NOT a smart way to question him or play the game....
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 09:14:07 AM by Sando prince »

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2008, 09:17:09 AM »

You see its your trini mentality that have you understanding my response like u did....its not the fact that you must not question authority....This industry gives alot of power to the FIFA authorities so you have to play the game accordingly...Now calling out you boss as a clown is NOT a smart way to question him or play the game....

But Warner IS NOT Keanes boss. Warner is the vice president of an organisation that governs football on the whole. Warner CAN'T FIRE Keane. Warner DOES NOT PAY Keanes wages, neither do FIFA for that matter. Niall Quinn has that authority. The most Warner can do is slap some sort of reprimand on him and I doubt even he would get enough support from Blatter to do that.

Jesus, use your brain.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2008, 09:18:34 AM »

Wise or unwise, Keane speak his mind on the matter and I think that is to be admired.  I'm sure he had much worse to say to JW on the 'phone.

In respect of Kenwyne and Carlos, give Keane the benefit of the doubt.  He has not sought to bench any of our players out of spite and I don't see him going down that road.  If time proves me wrong, so be it.

read my post that you have quoted again...I'm sure I said "if"...and the reason why I acknowlege that issue is because some posters before me were obviously worried about keane not letting Kenwyne and carlos rep our country..so I addressed their fear in my response (post)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2008, 09:20:35 AM »

Dont know whre you interpreted all of that from..thats just as ignorant as me saying "get over all dat talk bout Keane has a right to recall all our players whenever he feels cause he is paying their salary" although football rules state otherwise....and it dont matter how big and bad Keane is..and whether we like or hate Warner....Its about he have more power in this industry....the future of this scrimmage between Keane and Warner will leave Keane with a spinal injury

Maybe due to the sentiment on this thread, I misinterpret where you say he would never do that to his english and irish players... seem to me that would equate to picking on his foreigners. ... no scene

but anywhow... football rules may not have nothing to do with this... as it seem an agreement was in place... in any case Yorke agreed to go back... that decision rests on Yorke.. not Keane not Warner..

and Warner is still a clown

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2008, 09:21:43 AM »
RK was calling JW out for his actions, plain and simple.  RK does not hold his tongue for nobody no matter what position you hold.  This could have been handled differently, no mistake about it, but its JW's actions with de letter on FIFA's letterhead that has taken it to another level.

Waiting to see round 2

btw, I don't think race is a factor in this issue.  
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2008, 09:23:55 AM »
btw, I don't think race is a factor in this issue.

You forget that you're on a Trini forum...

:)

1]; } ?>