June 16, 2024, 01:33:17 AM

Author Topic: Roy Keane - "Warner's a clown"  (Read 35819 times)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
Re: Roy Keane - "Warner's a clown"
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2008, 10:31:02 AM »
Ok this is going to be fun.

Doesn't Warner understand what he is letting himself in for.  

On one hand you have a FIFA vice president who doesn't really get that much attention (which given his history might be a good thing) with a PA and a typist. Now Keane has a pre match press conference every Friday with at least 3 national broadcasters with TV Camera's, umpteen reoprters and various other media outlets.  Most of these conferences are shown on prem shows through out Europe et al.  He is responding by letter and insulting.  You just know reporters are going to keep on asking questions.

Its like 2 politicians competing 1 with a megaphone on an apple box, the other with a world wide Television Network.

Yet Warner seems not have realised that Keane doesn't give a stuff that he is Vice President of FIFA, despite Warners attempts to remind him again.
KEV, maybe you dont realise that Jack Ass is one of the most VINDICTIVE people in Football that you will EVER meet
maybe you should read the Warner thread to get the Gist of his mind set.

I did but didn't really pick up the vindictive bit, and tbh as I am so far away from it haven't really wanted to comment.  I have however noticed his comments are very rarely challenged, so perhaps his comfort zone thought he could get away with it anytime he wants.  The previous mummerings possibly given him a false sense of he can get away with whatever he likes with regards Keane and the club.  

What he might fail to understand that Keane will not back down, he maybe counting on the English FA helping him out a bit because of the World Cup bid, I suppose that will be his next port of call, but he will quickly realise Keane won't give a stuff about that either, nor will the club.  

I hope everybody understands this is not a get at T&T from me, but this is all about Warner and his ego and methods.

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2008, 10:32:20 AM »

On one hand you have a FIFA vice president who doesn't really get that much attention (which given his history might be a good thing) with a PA and a typist. Now Keane has a pre match press conference every Friday with at least 3 national broadcasters with TV Camera's, umpteen reoprters and various other media outlets.  Most of these conferences are shown on prem shows through out Europe et al.  He is responding by letter and insulting.  You just know reporters are going to keep on asking questions.

Its like 2 politicians competing 1 with a megaphone on an apple box, the other with a world wide Television Network.

Yet Warner seems not have realised that Keane doesn't give a stuff that he is Vice President of FIFA, despite Warners attempts to remind him again.

hey kev, i know ur a big Sunderland fan, but let's be realistic here (and may I repeat myself, Im not being bias here), but Keane is NOWHERE near the influence Warner has in the football world.  Keane is not even a mere freshman to this game.  Warner had the English FA licking out of his palms by getting their national team to come play in our "tin pot banana republic" (as someone ignorantly yet sadly quoted on BBC) so they can get his vote to host the World Cup.  Im not sure if you knew our 100th Anniversary was just celebrated last weekend, but the kind of dignitaries that attended it had me surprised.  Politics is a dirty game, and Keane opening up his mouth and calling a FIFA VP a clown would only make matters worst, not only for Keane, but for all Sunderland and where else who knows....

Not wishing anything on anyone (and as I mentioned before, Warner was idiot for releasing the letter to the press, instead of resolving this matter behind closed doors), but from the history of Keane and TT internationals, I don't think it was just this matter that Warner based his response on.  It has been a repeated slew of events for this past year that has showed Keane (and other European managers) disrespect for our TT Federation.  This was not only a hit for Keane, but for other European managers, who do not see the importance of releasing our players for our internationals.

And being a very influential FIFA VP (and may I also mention that he is the CONCACAF President in nearly his third of fourth term), a few "laws" can be passed to put stiffer restrictions on managers to release players on international duty.

But hey, that's just my two cents  ;)

Offline BlackCat

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2008, 10:35:21 AM »
What he might fail to understand that Keane will not back down, he maybe counting on the English FA helping him out a bit because of the World Cup bid, I suppose that will be his next port of call, but he will quickly realise Keane won't give a stuff about that either, nor will the club.

Hhhmm perhaps the club do care about the world cup being in England as the stadium maybe used, being one of the larger ones and all.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2008, 10:36:34 AM »
I would love Warner to spit at Keane and say "why yuh doh ask yuh mudder" a la jennings.
That would be the last thing he remember... :rotfl:
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2008, 10:38:34 AM »
For those of you who have no problem with Warners actions...

Can you imagine the furore that would ensue if Sepp Blatter used his position in FIFA to influence decisions for his native Switzerland?

is Blatter on the Switzerland Football Federation??

not condoning anyone's action, but Blatter and Warner is in two different positions.  And who are you to say that Blatter hasn't used his influence to assist Switzerland???  He just wasn't as stupid as Warner fortunately.  Both Warner and Keane is wrong, so whichever side you take (depending on race or the matter at hand) you are still wrong.  Both Keane and Warner are immature in this case for even taking it to the media, and both are ignorant for not being the bigger man to cease the blatant and childish name-calling.

The problem being though this is not warners first dig at Keane, the club have not really responded before so I would imagine Keane made the decision ignoring didn't work so whats the harm, because its obvious he thinks this is more about Warner playing the I am man, threatening the club without fear of any reprocussions, than anything to do with T&T.  If you watch the video clip I think that comes across fairly forcefully.

I beg to differ.  Keane HAS responded to the TTFF earlier in the year (may I recollect your 'selective' memory).  The last time it had to do with Jones, when he came out and said that Jones WILL NOT be released to play for us (due to an upcoming game against West Ham I think??).  After some behind the doors talking, he changed around his wording, and they were both released.  I'm sure you remember that incident by now  ;)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2008, 10:39:48 AM »

hey kev, i know ur a big Sunderland fan, but let's be realistic here (and may I repeat myself, Im not being bias here), but Keane is NOWHERE near the influence Warner has in the football world.  Keane is not even a mere freshman to this game.  Warner had the English FA licking out of his palms by getting their national team to come play in our "tin pot banana republic" (as someone ignorantly yet sadly quoted on BBC) so they can get his vote to host the World Cup.  Im not sure if you knew our 100th Anniversary was just celebrated last weekend, but the kind of dignitaries that attended it had me surprised.  Politics is a dirty game, and Keane opening up his mouth and calling a FIFA VP a clown would only make matters worst, not only for Keane, but for all Sunderland and where else who knows....

Not wishing anything on anyone (and as I mentioned before, Warner was idiot for releasing the letter to the press, instead of resolving this matter behind closed doors), but from the history of Keane and TT internationals, I don't think it was just this matter that Warner based his response on.  It has been a repeated slew of events for this past year that has showed Keane (and other European managers) disrespect for our TT Federation.  This was not only a hit for Keane, but for other European managers, who do not see the importance of releasing our players for our internationals.

And being a very influential FIFA VP (and may I also mention that he is the CONCACAF President in nearly his third of fourth term), a few "laws" can be passed to put stiffer restrictions on managers to release players on international duty.

But hey, that's just my two cents  ;)

See my post above re English FA, just beat you to it.

The point you are missing Keane isn't interested in anything except Sunderland, professionalism and a big thing, no a massive thing with him is respect.  

The World cup is all about money when push comes to shove, in the terms of Sunderland and clubs for the most part Warner and FIFA are irrelevant.  FIFA have their own scandals at the minute, if they start picking at the clubs, the clubs in the long run as always will win.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2008, 10:41:30 AM »

Can you imagine the furore that would ensue if Sepp Blatter used his position in FIFA to influence decisions for his native Switzerland?

not condoning anyone's action, but Blatter and Warner is in two different positions.  And who are you to say that Blatter hasn't used his influence to assist Switzerland???  He just wasn't as stupid as Warner fortunately.  Both Warner and Keane is wrong, so whichever side you take (depending on race or the matter at hand) you are still wrong.  Both Keane and Warner are immature in this case for even taking it to the media, and both are ignorant for not being the bigger man to cease the blatant and childish name-calling.

The problem being though this is not warners first dig at Keane, the club have not really responded before so I would imagine Keane made the decision ignoring didn't work so whats the harm, because its obvious he thinks this is more about Warner playing the I am man, threatening the club without fear of any reprocussions, than anything to do with T&T.  If you watch the video clip I think that comes across fairly forcefully.

I beg to differ.  Keane HAS responded to the TTFF earlier in the year (may I recollect your 'selective' memory).  The last time it had to do with Jones, when he came out and said that Jones WILL NOT be released to play for us (due to an upcoming game against West Ham I think??).  After some behind the doors talking, he changed around his wording, and they were both released.  I'm sure you remember that incident by now  ;)

no Warner had a dig and the club didn't respond.

The club did respond about teh players but thats a different response to a different issue.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2008, 10:41:40 AM »
People seem to be assuming that Warner would try to retaliate through legitimate FIFA-endorsed avenues. Nope. I doesn't matter if he has direct authority over Keane or not. Jack is CORRUPT! If he tries to punish Keane, it will be through shady, underhanded, money-soaked, politically-wicked channels.

Jack is still a petulant baby on the inside. If he feels like Keane made him look foolish, he will want him to pay for it somehow. Words won't work, because that no-charisma stutterer can't out-talk Keane.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 10:45:02 AM by Monkey Genius »

giggsy11

« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2008, 10:42:08 AM »
Warner hits back at Keane in war of words· Warner accuses Keane of disrespecting 'smaller' countries
FIFA vice-president taunts Sunderland manager over World Cup walk-out

Staff and agencies guardian.co.uk, Friday September 12 2008 17:15 BST
Article history

Jack Warner has hit back at Roy Keane. Photograph: Shaun Botterill/ Getty Images

The war of words between Roy Keane and Jack Warner has intensified with the FIFA vice-president making a personal attack on the Sunderland manager, after the Irishman had called him "a clown".

Warner is special advisor to the Trinidad and Tobago FA and incurred Keane's wrath for criticising his decision to withdraw Dwight Yorke from international duty. The Sunderland boss described Warner as "a clown" and said: "If he is vice-president of FIFA, then God help us", suggesting Warner wrote letters on FIFA-headed writing paper "just to impress everybody".

Now Warner has retaliated with a new letter attacking Keane and making a dig about his own conduct in walking out on the Republic of Ireland before the 2002 World Cup.

Today's letter says: "The disrespectful tone of your reported comments further demonstrates the total disrespect that you and others of your ilk have generally for players and officials from 'small' countries.

"It is obviously difficult for you to accept the fact that someone from a 'small' country could rise to become a vice-president of FIFA.

"I chose to respond on a FIFA letter-head because that is a privilege afforded me owing to my said status and the fact that your callousness showed utter disregard for FIFA's regulations re the release of players for international duty. Regrettably, but not surprisingly, you did not grasp the message.

"In closing may I remind you that a player's greatest honour is to represent his country in spite of the fact that you chose to walk away from yours during the 2002 Korea/Japan World Cup after publicly abusing your manager... indictment that you will no doubt be proud of up to today. Poor Sunderland."

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2008, 10:43:57 AM »
Let see JW battle Keane through the FA and see how much the fans in England will tolerate the FA dictating the pace. As you rightly perceived about the FA bending over to gain votes for the WC, but at what lengths will they go? It's one thing to send your National team and another to try and disrupt an entire club set up.  Wrong is wrong and could never be right. JW miss and he miss big time.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline BlackCat

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2008, 10:45:11 AM »
I would love Warner to spit at Keane and say "why yuh doh ask yuh mudder" a la jennings.
That would be the last thing he remember... :rotfl:

If its a spitting contest then Keane may involve El Hadji Diouf.

Offline BlackCat

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2008, 10:46:51 AM »
Warner hits back at Keane in war of words· Warner accuses Keane of disrespecting 'smaller' countries

Article history

Jack Warner has hit back at Roy Keane. Photograph: Shaun Botterill/ Getty Images

The war of words between Roy Keane and Jack Warner has intensified with the FIFA vice-president making a personal attack on the Sunderland manager, after the Irishman had called him "a clown".

Warner is special advisor to the Trinidad and Tobago FA and incurred Keane's wrath for criticising his decision to withdraw Dwight Yorke from international duty. The Sunderland boss described Warner as "a clown" and said: "If he is vice-president of FIFA, then God help us", suggesting Warner wrote letters on FIFA-headed writing paper "just to impress everybody".

Now Warner has retaliated with a new letter attacking Keane and making a dig about his own conduct in walking out on the Republic of Ireland before the 2002 World Cup.

Today's letter says: "The disrespectful tone of your reported comments further demonstrates the total disrespect that you and others of your ilk have generally for players and officials from 'small' countries.

"It is obviously difficult for you to accept the fact that someone from a 'small' country could rise to become a vice-president of FIFA.

"I chose to respond on a FIFA letter-head because that is a privilege afforded me owing to my said status and the fact that your callousness showed utter disregard for FIFA's regulations re the release of players for international duty. Regrettably, but not surprisingly, you did not grasp the message.

"In closing may I remind you that a player's greatest honour is to represent his country in spite of the fact that you chose to walk away from yours during the 2002 Korea/Japan World Cup after publicly abusing your manager... indictment that you will no doubt be proud of up to today. Poor Sunderland."

Too slow - have a look a page or two back ha ha!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2008, 10:47:40 AM »
People seem to be assuming that Warner would try to retaliate through legitimate FIFA-endorsed avenues. Nope. I doesn't matter if he has direct authority over Keane or not. Jack is CORRUPT! If he tries to punish Keane, it will be through shady, underhanded, money-soaked, politically-wicked channels.

Jack is still a petulant baby on the inside. If he feels like Keane made him look foolish, he will want him to pay for it somehow. Words won't work, because that no-charisma stutterer can't out-talk Keane.

I think its a bit late for that, don't you :D

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2008, 10:48:15 AM »

Article history

OMG!!!!!!!

this is not good....some really harsh words, ow Jack....OW!!!!!

as I said before, Keane doesn't know what he is doing...JACK IS A VERY INFLUENTIAL MAN....im tense writing this write now...WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT??!?!?!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2008, 10:49:24 AM »
Let see JW battle Keane through the FA and see how much the fans in England will tolerate the FA dictating the pace. As you rightly perceived about the FA bending over to gain votes for the WC, but at what lengths will they go? It's one thing to send your National team and another to try and disrupt an entire club set up.  Wrong is wrong and could never be right. JW miss and he miss big time.

The other point being is the FA don't control the premier league its not their jurisdiction only championship down.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2008, 10:50:44 AM »

Enlighten me, why is Keane wrong??
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2008, 10:54:00 AM »

The other point being is the FA don't control the premier league its not their jurisdiction only championship down.

right and wrong.

The Football League handles the lower divisions.

The premier league is owned by the clubs but is run under the supervision of the FA. The FA disciplines players, clubs and managers.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2008, 10:54:19 AM »

First and foremost for being IMMATURE for calling Jack a clown.  Be who you may, fighting fire with fire is wrong in every extent, and just will make matters worst.  That is something someone is taught when they were in kindergarten, which obviously (and unfortunately) you don't know.  Did you see the letter Jack sent to him above??  Did it help the situation???  No!!  Now do you suggest Keane come up with a new 'name' for Jack in his reply letter since you condone his actions?!??!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2008, 10:55:33 AM »

right and wrong.

The Football League handles the lower divisions.

The premier league is owned by the clubs but is run under the supervision of the FA. The FA disciplines players, clubs and managers.

Yep supply's officials, upholds laws of the game etc, thats it though, no control, no power, no say.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 10:59:42 AM by kev »

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2008, 11:00:05 AM »

First and foremost for being IMMATURE for calling Jack a clown.  Be who you may, fighting fire with fire is wrong in every extent, and just will make matters worst.  That is something someone is taught when they were in kindergarten, which obviously (and unfortunately) you don't know.  Did you see the letter Jack sent to him above??  Did it help the situation???  No!!  Now do you suggest Keane come up with a new 'name' for Jack in his reply letter since you condone his actions?!??!

AND if u say yes, just remember this will be hanging over Keane's head for a while (depending on how long this situation lingers) which will SURELY affect Sunderland's performance on the field, which we BOTH don't want to happen....

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2008, 11:04:53 AM »
By the way, Ollie Camps so small in this picture he totally invisible.

Offline BlackCat

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2008, 11:06:03 AM »
...which will SURELY affect Sunderland's performance on the field, which we BOTH don't want to happen....

I doubt this little exchange of words is going to effect any players performances.  It'll just be a bit of banter and laugh in the dressing room.

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2008, 11:10:09 AM »
First and foremost for being IMMATURE for calling Jack a clown.

As opposed to calling someone callous for recalling a footballer whom the TTFF AGREED TO RELEASE TO SUNDERLAND INSTEAD OF PLAYING AGAINST THE USA?

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 12, 2008, 11:10:45 AM »

AND if u say yes, just remember this will be hanging over Keane's head for a while (depending on how long this situation lingers) which will SURELY affect Sunderland's performance on the field, which we BOTH don't want to happen....

How, Carlos & Dwight aren't going to be playing and Kenwyn is out for at least another 6 weeks, do you really think any of the other players are doing anything but laughing at this like most people are.  

Lets not forget, the club and T&T made some kind of deal with the England match.

If T&T wanted the route to go was an official complaint via FIFA, because the club can't recall a player on a whim, either the player or Football Association have to agree to his return.  

If you check the text thread It was reported the club were furious about getting the letter in the first place, the fact it was copied to the press and what really did it for them was the FIFA letterhead.  This is the club, not Keane by himself.  The club refused to comment but said no doubt it would be handled at the weekly press conference.  

I doubt the clown remark was an off the cuff remark, I suspect it was chosen for its politeness and ability to be broadcast.

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 12, 2008, 11:12:11 AM »
And who are you to say that Blatter hasn't used his influence to assist Switzerland???

Well, I haven't seen any proof to suggest that and neither do you by the looks of things, despite how corrupt Bladder may be...

Offline BlackCat

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 12, 2008, 11:18:16 AM »
Worst case scenairo:

If England do get the world cup, Warner will influence which cities will be host cities.

Don't underestimate the power of absolute power!

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 12, 2008, 11:20:41 AM »
And who are you to say that Blatter hasn't used his influence to assist Switzerland???

Well, I haven't seen any proof to suggest that and neither do you by the looks of things, despite how corrupt Bladder may be...

which is the reason i made the comment...where are you going with this???

if you have any simple comprehension of what I wrote (which by this comment you don't), you SHOULDN'T have made the comment in the first place....I replied by saying how do YOU know that???  I never said I did....YOU said you did  ???

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 12, 2008, 11:21:59 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

This getting good... Whey de popcorn??

In allyuh haste to trump up Roy Keane as a unilateral man unto himself, allyuh missing a very important point.

Rest ASSURED, that as we speak Niall Quinn and Roy Keane's phones are ringing off the hook on direct dial from Brian Barwick and the bigwigs in the FA. This is the 2018 bid under threat for a petty squabble.. Watch them rein him in and tell him to cool his herbs.

Keane will boil down like bhagi very soon.. Watch this space!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 12, 2008, 11:24:06 AM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

This getting good... Whey de popcorn??

In allyuh haste to trump up Roy Keane as a unilateral man unto himself, allyuh missing a very important point.

Rest ASSURED, that as we speak Niall Quinn and Roy Keane's phones are ringing off the hook on direct dial from Brian Barwick and the bigwigs in the FA. This is the 2018 bid under threat for a petty squabble.. Watch them rein him in and tell him to cool his herbs.

Keane will boil down like bhagi very soon.. Watch this space!

1. Barwicks gone anyway
2. I wouldn't hold your breath

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 12, 2008, 11:25:59 AM »
...which will SURELY affect Sunderland's performance on the field, which we BOTH don't want to happen....

I doubt this little exchange of words is going to effect any players performances.  It'll just be a bit of banter and laugh in the dressing room.

how do u know that???  when they end up in a situation that they've are going to be called back by their respective clubs, when a premiership game is two/three days away, what is Keane going to do??  or is it because of SMALL Trinidad that he selectively does this???  I don't know about you, but I am sure in between those 'supposed' laughter, many of them are thinking about their own situations....and also remember that not all the players will side with Keane in this situation.  Just like us, some will side with Keane and others with Warner (I am not on either side may I quote again), but may not do so publicly of course (I hope) and we may see the results on the field.  But hey that's just human nature....gotta love it  :angel: :devil:

1]; } ?>