March 29, 2024, 06:59:10 AM

Author Topic: Allyuh was right  (Read 2908 times)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Allyuh was right
« on: October 12, 2008, 06:35:16 PM »
I must admit having Yorke and Latas in the team changed everything.  I no many posters had the view from the beginning but I was one of them.   However, after watching Yorke last night, we need to use him until he dead. Yorke is still the best player on the field.  I was amazed at how the man's touch is just at an insane level.  Insane level!!!  So allyuh was right about that.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
Re: Allyuh was right
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 06:58:43 PM »
Yuh talking about Yorke? You ent see Latas and what he still doing people on thee line??? One setta beat like thee man still in he 20th's. Both of them still have one shot left to WC 2010. Two of the greatest players in Trinidad Football it ah privilege to a part of this to see them both play. ;)
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 07:05:19 PM »
Whether them men on the field or not, they have to be on the team.  There is no leadership among the young 'uns and them.  There is not yet a great leader who could drag the boys behind them.  Yorke and Latapy make everybody on the field play better and Yorke is still the most respected captain we have ever had.  Look at his body language on the field! Look at how he steps up and challenges the refs when they call a foul on his guys.  Leaders are naturally born, hardly made, and Yorke is it!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 07:07:29 PM »
Yuh talking about Yorke? You ent see Latas and what he still doing people on thee line??? One setta beat like thee man still in he 20th's. Both of them still have one shot left to WC 2010. Two of the greatest players in Trinidad Football it ah privilege to a part of this to see them both play. ;)

ok, lets not get carried away here..

apart from the 2-touch run thru 2 men, the breed and the belt on the by line Latas was largely anonymous in the first half and seemed not to be keeping up with the pace of the game..

Yorke on the other hand.. :notworthy:

that man is class.. A step above the rest and always in control of his situation even when under pressure..

who would have thought 15 years ago that we'd see the best of Yorke in national colors as ah old man in a defensive midfield role?

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 07:11:38 PM »
Wey Peg?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 07:32:38 PM »
Trinidad and tobago! thought i'd add that.             positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 07:50:30 PM »
Omar...come again...we wuz getting 5 in we c**t if dem boys wasnt dey....full stop...doh even respond
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 07:54:49 PM »
Omar...come again...we wuz getting 5 in we c**t if dem boys wasnt dey....full stop...doh even respond

lol.. i eh saying no.. is definitely ah different knock with them fellahs in the side..

but lets just say i singing more praises for his off the field input if we just going on the first half from last night.  :beermug:

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 07:58:03 PM »
De story is all Yorke.  Latas still has the ability to change the game in an instance but for many an instance he is missing in action.  Yorke on the other hand is always up front and present at all times during the game.  Tremendous. 

Both are still needed but in different capacities.

Blessings
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 08:12:01 PM by Lower St. John »
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 07:59:56 PM »
We need dem like flour as sparrow say d both ah dem
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 08:05:17 PM »
Let's see the game plan vs USA.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 08:10:55 PM »
yuh remember when yuh was small and started playing sports wit d older fellas how yuh improved.........dat is wat dese Jackarses who run TTFF doh understand..........having our professional players on the team makes everybody better.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 08:30:43 PM »
I tink Weds' performance would depend on how the USA approach us.  They would not be running at us like Guat.  However, if they decide as a plan of action to neutralize Yorke and Latas we might be in trouble. I've seen that done before and Guat didn't even try. We need to start with 2 upfront in they tail and get a hard tackle yellow early on one of them fellas.  We should take a page out of Guats' book.  I still believe USA can't play off they game plan.  Their football sense weak.  If we break their plan up. They in trouble.  If we play that usual cautious against the USA crap WE WILL LOOSE!!!!!.  Hard jam!!!! Rough UP!!!  Ole Talk.  We'll change jersey's later.
Glen Scoring!!!
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008, 08:48:31 PM »

ok, lets not get carried away here..

apart from the 2-touch run thru 2 men, the breed and the belt on the by line Latas was largely anonymous in the first half and seemed not to be keeping up with the pace of the game..

Yorke on the other hand.. :notworthy:

that man is class.. A step above the rest and always in control of his situation even when under pressure..

who would have thought 15 years ago that we'd see the best of Yorke in national colors as ah old man in a defensive midfield role?

Buh you fast and outta yuh place,calling the man old,I only kicksin  ;D ;D ;D

Offline RIBS

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2008, 08:51:02 PM »
Age does not matter once you can still play and be effective and Yorke does not have to prove that after the World Cup in 2006...he is still fit and holds the midfield like no other. Latas was out of the game for the 1st 20 minutes and then came into the game for the rest of the half...I think his best years are behind him but he still has a lil contribution to make... the downside is that we cannot depend on these 2 for much longer and the TTFF and Government have to get serious about young player development like Jamaica's government who pump money in to their football

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 09:01:06 PM »
SPORTT a gov't agency has already given money 2 d TTFF for dey development program. So d ball in d TTFF caught but dey only have oui bawlin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2008, 09:09:05 PM »
I tink Weds' performance would depend on how the USA approach us.  They would not be running at us like Guat.  However, if they decide as a plan of action to neutralize Yorke and Latas we might be in trouble. I've seen that done before and Guat didn't even try. We need to start with 2 upfront in they tail and get a hard tackle yellow early on one of them fellas.  We should take a page out of Guats' book.  I still believe USA can't play off they game plan.  Their football sense weak.  If we break their plan up. They in trouble.  If we play that usual cautious against the USA crap WE WILL LOOSE!!!!!.  Hard jam!!!! Rough UP!!!  Ole Talk.  We'll change jersey's later.
Glen Scoring!!!
Take the team the USA played against us in the US and match them up position for position, only in our team add Lata and/or Yorke. See what you get.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>