April 19, 2024, 07:02:00 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Guatemala Game (11-Oct-2008).  (Read 86692 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Guatemala Game (11-Oct-2008).
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2008, 04:09:50 PM »
So all de men who was selectin startin X1 with Keyeno thomas in their team for d guatemala game will sing a different tune now...cause its obvious thomas aint ready right now for that crucial game against guatemala...like i said its too early to choose a starting X1 againt guatemala..who knows if Daryl go be in rippin form between now and then and deserve to be ahead of Glen in the startin line up or maybe Glen will show us something special that may result in daryl sitting down...maybe Ince will have a stellar performance for his club this weekend which will demand him in goal..Edwards already looking shaky...as of right now nobody knows who will show up !!..only players like Yorke and Latas have that luxury of starting on a T&T team despite poor or no club performances...we will see how our players perform for their clubs between now and Oct 11th..

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2008, 04:18:13 PM »
All who have kenyo thomas on their list they better scratch him off. the man played ah very poor game yesterday and ah just couldn't believe this bredder is ah national player.

he have to ride pine for now ppl until he could show more composure, what ah f class performance by kenyo thomas. after that dastardly performance he doesn't deserve ah place on the national team IMO.

That's just it, who would play 1st stopper?  We seem to be lacking serious depth in this area, depth that could have been molded had a real campaign been constructed, had there been no blacklist, and had the TTFF had its house in order
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2008, 05:02:53 PM »
Sando prince, these clueless coaches (ANTON & WIM) has been playing the man (Roberts) out of position since he donned national colours.

out of the fella own mouth he claimed that his best position is attacking mid, even when he played for sparta rotterdam he was used as an offensive mid, i don't know why they insist on playing the man as ah striker.

there's no midfielder who plays that role on our team, there's wingers  holding and centers, but no attacking. whitley is an attacking mid , but is used as ah center, yorke should also play the role of attacking but has to fall into ah defensive position, so is whitley.

the reason for that is our defenders are lacking big time and they are nothing short of pro league quality.

most of the goals conceded to date and over the yrs were defensive errors, which in turn puts tremendous pressure on the midfield who has to over compensate for a shaky defence, which create problems for the mids going forward therefore stifling offensive tactics.

that's why we don't have one single defender in top flight football, we really need a implement a programme to develop top defenders in T&T in order to curb this problem in the furture.

if you saw the game last night, the hunduran defence was their strongest aspect and our weakest was our defenders.

Roberts should've been playing an offensive midfield position from the inception of his international career, i don't think any one could play the position better than him and deserve to start in this position.

stern and glenn would alway sweat before him BC the man is not ah bonified forward, but ah top flight attacking mid.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 09:20:58 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Knee woes continue to follow TFC's Ruiz
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2008, 05:55:40 AM »
Knee woes continue to follow TFC's Ruiz
By Morgan Campbell (Toronto Star)

Eight days after having the fluid drained from his chronically sore right knee, Toronto FC striker Carlos Ruiz spent another practice on the sidelines yesterday.

Ruiz, acquired late in August to bolster TFC's offence, has had knee operations in each of the past two seasons. And an MRI on Tuesday also revealed a misaligned kneecap, a relatively minor issue.

TFC head coach John Carver, suspended from tomorrow's home game against Houston (3:30 p.m., CBC) as the result of his ejection last Saturday, says Ruiz can correct the problem quickly with proper rehab. However, the 28-year-old striker will still miss the game against the Dynamo.

And if the pain in Ruiz' knee persists, Carver will sideline him even longer, especially with Danny Dichio, who missed most of the summer while recovering from a concussion, fit enough to play long minutes.

"(Ruiz) won't play again until he's 100 per cent," Carver said.

But it's not clear whether Ruiz, a former league MVP with the L.A. Galaxy, has even had a fully healthy knee since TFC acquired him.

His knee problems are well known around Major League Soccer. Last season, with FC Dallas, he had surgery to repair a torn meniscus. This past April, a sprained MCL necessitated another operation and more than two months of rehab.

Since then, he has had healthy stretches. Over the past six weeks, he has played in three World Cup qualifiers with the Guatemalan national team, scoring twice in a recent game against Cuba.

Carver says he didn't know Ruiz' knee problems would resurface until last week, when his right knee ballooned with fluid, forcing him to miss a practice and limiting his playing time against Kansas City.

"According to our reports, (he was healthy)," Carver said after yesterday's practice.

"I listen to what people say. If the player says he's right, you have to trust that decision."

MLS rules require all players involved in trades to pass a physical before they can play for their new teams, and Toronto was satisfied with the results of a medical exam Ruiz underwent before his Aug. 31 debut against Chivas USA.

While TFC know they'll play tomorrow without Carver or Ruiz, they are uncertain about rookie defender Julius James, who sat out yesterday's practice with a sore hamstring.

Meanwhile, a hectic schedule is forcing Houston to shuttle regulars in and out of its rotation. Between MLS matches and CONCACAF Champions League and their quest for a third straight MLS Cup, the Dynamo will play four consecutive road games within 12 days, each one in a different country.

On Tuesday, Toronto native and league all-star Dwayne De Rosario was one of three starters to come off the bench in Houston's 0-0 tie on the road against Panamanian club San Francisco.

After visiting BMO Field tomorrow, the Dynamos will travel to Mexico to play Pumas in another Champions League game next Tuesday, before returning to the U.S. for a road game against the Colorado Rapids.

The Dynamo lead the Western Division with 39 points, while TFC's 27 points place them last in the 14-team league, but still only six points away from a playoff berth.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2008, 07:54:42 AM »
Hope he recovers in time to play AFTER Oct 11th :devil:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2008, 11:01:09 AM »
There is a Guatemala club or bar I went and see  last year WCQ game between T&T and Guatemala in Trinidad...it's somewhere around parkslope in brooklyn new york....I have a feeling they going show Oct. 11 game

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2008, 05:33:17 AM »
any injuries ? or full team fit and able ?
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline vale

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latas Coming Out of Retirement For Warriors!!!
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2008, 06:47:10 AM »
Thanks for viewing!!!

This is my sick joke for today!!!

;D ;D ;D

Vibes it up!!!

I forgot about this sick joke of mine!!!

Seems I was right now I predict we will beat both Guatemala and USA.

It is now the countdown to the showdown.

Go Warriors!!!

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2008, 10:37:21 AM »
hmphhhh

I looking at the players we have and it hard to make ah line up dred...

defense a GK is clear

Ince
John          Lawrence           Thomas               Telesford

Edwards             Latapy/Hyland (sub)                     Birchall

Scotland        Stern/Toussaunt          Yorke

I dunno nahhhh

I feel ah 4 3 3 is de best line to go with, cuz we need to dig up guat guts, and plus to forwards cld always run in a midfield position when needed...hmmmmm.....
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2008, 10:45:15 AM »
Yorke playin forward what next?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2008, 01:54:09 PM »
hmphhhh

I looking at the players we have and it hard to make ah line up dred...

defense a GK is clear

Ince
John          Lawrence           Thomas               Telesford

Edwards             Latapy/Hyland (sub)                     Birchall

Scotland        Stern/Toussaunt          Yorke

I dunno nahhhh

I feel ah 4 3 3 is de best line to go with, cuz we need to dig up guat guts, and plus to forwards cld always run in a midfield position when needed...hmmmmm.....

Meh Friend. Yuh should only use tha formation with big team, wit big players. When we talking about we lil island, we have to start off wit ah 4 4 2...4 5 1 and thing or even ah 5 4 1 ah call thai one ah steel curtain. Wit your line up we lorse before we even play thee game.  :'(
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline MANAMA

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2008, 02:19:57 PM »
T&T vs Guatemala Game (11-Oct-2008).

2   *   2
MANAMA , BAHRAIN

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2008, 02:34:53 PM »
blessings manama

how is your qualifying comming along

tatal yousif still playing?
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2008, 05:17:24 AM »
by-the-way, what time this game starting?

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T vs GUATEMALA VIEWING
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2008, 09:34:54 AM »
Anybody know where in Miami I can watch the T&T vs Guatemala game on Saturday?

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2008, 09:36:23 AM »
I think Roberts played attacking midfield in de Gold Cup under Wim.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs GUATEMALA VIEWING
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2008, 11:39:05 AM »
what about Md, DC, Va..... last time ah watch de match in ah place off University... was only me and de woman cheering for TnT......!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2008, 12:10:03 PM »

CONCACAF site say 8pm which I think is Guatemala time...shud be 10pm our time?

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs GUATEMALA VIEWING
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2008, 02:52:34 PM »
what about Md, DC, Va..... last time ah watch de match in ah place off University... was only me and de woman cheering for TnT......!

Be happy...Be very Happy it was just you and yuh woman, go back deh Breds. We geh in fight after Trini score thee frist goal in ah bar. I had to face 50 guatemalans by meh self, thank GOD fuh meh angels.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2008, 06:25:36 AM »
What time is this game??....T&T time......there was some confusion on de radio this morning as to the time of the game locally...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2008, 07:09:53 AM »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2008, 07:14:02 AM »

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

CNMG doing a great job.... thanks alot!

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2008, 09:32:21 AM »
So when is the team flying out to Guatemala?  Hopefully we get a chance for a few more training sessions with everyone together.  And I hope the team manager has gone ahead to check the quaility of the hotel ballroom playing surface.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2008, 09:35:24 AM »
So when is the team flying out to Guatemala?  Hopefully we get a chance for a few more training sessions with everyone together.  And I hope the team manager has gone ahead to check the quaility of the hotel ballroom playing surface.
geh him to check for an elevator also :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2008, 09:50:43 AM »

i heard david mohammed say that they were flying out later this afternoon
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2008, 09:51:49 AM »
They should be in the air all now....  good luck boys

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2008, 10:03:38 AM »

CONCACAF site say 8pm which I think is Guatemala time...shud be 10pm our time?

Thnks fella. ah see it starting at 10 pm. ah getting nervous all now. :-\  :beermug:

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Leave Stern on the Bench Saturday
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2008, 10:42:20 AM »
Too important a game to risk starting a man who may be not be 100%

The last thing we need is to start a man and have to make a Sub after 20 mins due to hamstring pull.

Start either Glen or Scotland.

With Latapy Yorke and Daniel in the middle we have fire power enough.

This will be a battle of the fittess

We have to go in with 100% Warriors.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Leave Stern on the Bench Saturday
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2008, 10:47:08 AM »
If he 100% fit... then he should start    but if he isnt 100% Scotty supported by Latas is the order of the day

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Leave Stern on the Bench Saturday
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2008, 10:55:15 AM »
Agreed!

1]; } ?>