April 19, 2024, 04:39:19 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Guatemala Game (11-Oct-2008).  (Read 86710 times)

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Guatemala Game (11-Oct-2008).
« Reply #570 on: October 12, 2008, 12:52:07 PM »
Excuses, excuses that all ah goh get

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 12, 2008, 01:33:51 PM »
What de hell ah hearing here. All getting on like is England we play - is Guatemala. We suppose to be licking up Guatemala. With all we big stars and the years of experience we shoulda win, forget this 10 man sh*t - we shoulda win. If we could draw against Sweden with them same fellas, we shoulda lick up de Central Americans. I could understand de draw with we "B" squad, but with we stars sh*t - ah pissed.

All yuh talking bout who work hard etc etc - well guess what, that is what yuh should expect from pros. Ah sure Pacho pissed also. And doh tell me no sh*t about home crowd, most ah we starters does play under the same conditions every fricking weekend - ah pissed, real pissed. Now most ah dem burn like ass for de USA game.  Who vex is dem business dat  :devil:

yuh talking some shit there fellah
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 12, 2008, 01:40:51 PM »
What de hell ah hearing here. All getting on like is England we play - is Guatemala. We suppose to be licking up Guatemala. With all we big stars and the years of experience we shoulda win, forget this 10 man sh*t - we shoulda win. If we could draw against Sweden with them same fellas, we shoulda lick up de Central Americans. I could understand de draw with we "B" squad, but with we stars sh*t - ah pissed.

All yuh talking bout who work hard etc etc - well guess what, that is what yuh should expect from pros. Ah sure Pacho pissed also. And doh tell me no sh*t about home crowd, most ah we starters does play under the same conditions every fricking weekend - ah pissed, real pissed. Now most ah dem burn like ass for de USA game.  Who vex is dem business dat  :devil:

Here fella... wipe yuh mouth

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 12, 2008, 01:42:32 PM »

with all we 'big stars' we colleck 5 last qualifier......also how many times have we won against this 'shit side' in guatemala....dey so accustom cutting we ass in guatemala it not funny, so 0-0 is actually a good result imo....  :beermug:
      Breds try and remember we are suppose to be the big team,we are the ones that last qualify for the WC,we not suppose to be struggling against these teams,check where we are rated in concacaf/FIFA,we are not underdogs any more although we get on as though we are,was a draw in T&T a good result also?what i observe is that a lot of changes are being made but what has not changed is the results we are getting,our best players are playing and peeps are happy i guess that's what matters most.  

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 12, 2008, 01:51:07 PM »
Coop's if we did lose dey woulda blame de coach, dey just don't understand. We are supposed to defeat these teams when we have we stars.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 12, 2008, 01:56:28 PM »

with all we 'big stars' we colleck 5 last qualifier......also how many times have we won against this 'shit side' in guatemala....dey so accustom cutting we ass in guatemala it not funny, so 0-0 is actually a good result imo....  :beermug:
      Breds try and remember we are suppose to be the big team,we are the ones that last qualify for the WC,we not suppose to be struggling against these teams,check where we are rated in concacaf/FIFA,we are not underdogs any more although we get on as though we are,was a draw in T&T a good result also?what i observe is that a lot of changes are being made but what has not changed is the results we are getting,our best players are playing and peeps are happy i guess that's what matters most.  

All this 'big team' shit talk aside... when last have we come away with a point in Guatemala City?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 12, 2008, 01:57:18 PM »

Not sure what you gettin at here Coop's.  

Are you unhappy with the result?

Are you unhappy that our best players are playing?

You say what hasn't changed is the results we gettin.  Yuh think de team dat did play against de US woulda pull out dis result without Ince, Lawrence, Avery, Latas, Birchall, Yorke, and Scottie?

What result hasn't changed? We lost 5-1 last time in Guatemala.  We drew 0-0 this time playing with 10 men for 68 minutes.  You doh see any difference in result dey?

Yuh think if THIS TEAM was available i.e. had Jack's blessing to be called up from the get go, we would be in this position?

Are you saying that the fact that we did not win this game with our "stars", we might as well have gone into this game with de youths and it woulda be de same result?

Forgive me...I jes a lil cornfuse wit whey yuh comin from.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 12, 2008, 02:00:35 PM »
When we stars on de pitch I expect victory against teams like Guatemala. And don't tell me they play well, because I expect meh stars to play well. When yuh locals on de pitch ah expect all de player evaluations etc, but we know what we stars can do. Nuff ah did sh*t we shoulda win. We not going to SA with draws, we need wins, and not always have to hope other teams lose or draw.

Ah fed up with this sh*t. Are we a CONCACAF powerhouse or not? Guatemala in dey glee, dey have T&T number

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 12, 2008, 02:02:31 PM »
Of course ah goh take de draw, but we need victories especially when we stars on de pitch.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 12, 2008, 02:04:30 PM »
Ah fed up with this sh*t. Are we a CONCACAF powerhouse or not?

No we're not. Where you get dat idea from?  If you thought so...wit all due respeck, you delusional.

Guatemala in dey glee, dey have T&T number

You really think so?  I think if you ask Guatemalan's you might be surprised at the response you would get.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 12, 2008, 02:05:03 PM »

All this 'big team' shit talk aside... when last have we come away with a point in Guatemala City?

Bakes wuh yuh saying? We should expect draws and loses when we play Guatemala?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 12, 2008, 02:11:38 PM »
When we stars on de pitch I expect victory against teams like Guatemala. And don't tell me they play well, because I expect meh stars to play well. When yuh locals on de pitch ah expect all de player evaluations etc, but we know what we stars can do. Nuff ah did sh*t we shoulda win. We not going to SA with draws, we need wins, and not always have to hope other teams lose or draw.

Ah fed up with this sh*t. Are we a CONCACAF powerhouse or not? Guatemala in dey glee, dey have T&T number

maybe you need to have a look at the post game highlights and interviews from the 'Valuable Point' thread and see who's really in their glee..

All the reactions from the Guatemala fans, coaches and media are of disappointment and of a genuine opportunity lost, especially given that we have the better fixture schedule to complete.. On our team its all celebration, fist clenching and back slapping...

No one is saying that its the best possible result and a win would have virtually assured us progress to the Hex. But given our history there, the circumstances of this game and the result, the positives heavily outweigh the negatives..

Did you even see the game to come and make such a dismissal of the performance?

I would say almost every player put in an excellent shift last night.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 12, 2008, 02:18:59 PM »

No we're not. Where you get dat idea from?  If you thought so...wit all due respeck, you delusional.

You really think so?  I think if you ask Guatemalan's you might be surprised at the response you would get.

That's the thing Palos, I don't believe that we are a powerhouse team, but if yuh paying attention to this site yuh will get that impression. I am sure dey happy with de draw against T&T. Stop de excuses, and start beating these teams like we know we can. I am fedup of skating by with we football, we in this thing too long.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 12, 2008, 02:19:42 PM »

Does that mean Guatemala is better than us?alright lets put aside games in Guatemala City what about games in POS at least we could win there,we are always underating ourselves to everybody,imagine we boast about rubbing shoulders with Sweden and England but talking about when last we got a point from Guatemala in Guatemala City.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 12, 2008, 02:25:36 PM »
     Does that mean Guatemala is better than us?alright lets put aside games in Guatemala City what about games in POS at least we could win there,we are always underating ourselves to everybody,imagine we boast about rubbing shoulders with Sweden and England but talking about when last we got a point from Guatemala in Guatemala City.

Yoou do realize that had we not beaten Mexico in the last WC campaign, it would likely have been Guatemala who would be boasting about rubbing shoulders with Sweden & England right?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: October 12, 2008, 02:28:04 PM »

That's the thing Palos, I don't believe that we are a powerhouse team, but if yuh paying attention to this site yuh will get that impression. I am sure dey happy with de draw against T&T. Stop de excuses, and start beating these teams like we know we can. I am fedup of skating by with we football, we in this thing too long.

i think yuh have to factor in that this team should have been playing together since Germany in 06, this team would have been much better if that had happen
Youtube Channel

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 12, 2008, 02:29:10 PM »

maybe you need to have a look at the post game highlights and interviews from the 'Valuable Point' thread and see who's really in their glee..

All the reactions from the Guatemala fans, coaches and media are of disappointment and of a genuine opportunity lost, especially given that we have the better fixture schedule to complete.. On our team its all celebration, fist clenching and back slapping...

No one is saying that its the best possible result and a win would have virtually assured us progress to the Hex. But given our history there, the circumstances of this game and the result, the positives heavily outweigh the negatives..

Did you even see the game to come and make such a dismissal of the performance?

I would say almost every player put in an excellent shift last night.

Does all this take away from de fact that we not beating dem? I saw de game, and yes we played well for de most part, but this is a game of results. I want victory against team like Guatemala, especially when we stars on de pitch. Maybe you enjoying de drama, but I am not. And to think that this is not even de hex.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 12, 2008, 02:50:03 PM »
Does all this take away from de fact that we not beating dem? I saw de game, and yes we played well for de most part, but this is a game of results. I want victory against team like Guatemala, especially when we stars on de pitch. Maybe you enjoying de drama, but I am not. And to think that this is not even de hex.

We ALL woulda like to be in de US position...already qualified after 4 games.

Fact is...stars or no stars...especially when we shoot weself in de foot like how Jack shoot we wit de blacklist, we not at dat level.

So instead of dwellin in de realm of fantasy...we have to deal wit de reality. It is what it is.  And de reality at dis point is not bad.  Not optimum.....but not bad.  We have a fighting chance. 

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #588 on: October 12, 2008, 02:53:26 PM »
I think the team needs a psychologist throughout the campaign, they need to start thinking like winners and a world cup team that should dominate almost all of concacaf, this jokey draws and mediocrity is a waste of time. The admin also have a hand in the blame for our lack of confidence and cohesion as a team.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 12, 2008, 02:59:01 PM »
I think the team needs a psychologist throughout the campaign, they need to start thinking like winners and a world cup team that should dominate almost all of concacaf, this jokey draws and mediocrity is a waste of time. The admin also have a hand in the blame for our lack of confidence and cohesion as a team.

that is the main problem there. if it was the same team from 06 that play together since then and draw then we could criticize them, but the blacklist kill our momentum. We also have to realize that the mighty USA also struggle against Guatemala in Guatemala to come away with a 1 nil win with 11 men.
Youtube Channel

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 12, 2008, 03:33:13 PM »
Here are some hightlights of the game...mind u the quality isnt great but its 4.18 long so fix yuh mix... ;D

http://www.tvgolo.com/football.php?subaction=showfull&id=1223802730&archive=&start_from=&ucat=49&
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 12, 2008, 03:48:24 PM »
T&T vs Guatemala Post Game - Birchall, Ince and Edwards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P59IQyN4EIU
Youtube Channel

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 12, 2008, 03:49:11 PM »

i think yuh have to factor in that this team should have been playing together since Germany in 06, this team would have been much better if that had happen

This is the most sensible statement I've heard so far,

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 12, 2008, 04:05:07 PM »
T&T vs Guatemala Post Game - Birchall, Ince and Edwards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P59IQyN4EIU

Tallest call Carlos shot (miss) a "back pass", good one, could tell dem fellas have a good vibe among deyselves

Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 12, 2008, 04:17:42 PM »

This is amazing how it seems like we've been here before always teethering on the edge,living dangerously,like one person said if the team from 06 was allowed to stay together we would've been better off right now,well ah have news for you I disagree simply because it took beenie with all the gray hair on his head through a nail biting hex with all the stars and we barely pull through,my friend this goes beyond needing a psychologist,I'll give allyuh a story about 25 years ago I happen to be at the UWI grounds practising with ah team,there happen to be an american soccer youth touring team that came to play ah game against ah local team needless to say the trini local team dispatched of them with ease,hitting them about 7-0,well as it turned out the americans were complaining how our players and spectators were taunting them saying stick to baseball and how no yankee could ever come to ah nation that playing football for over sixty years an expect to beat us. moving forward to present day where exactly are we as a football nation,maybe the shock and awe of losing to the yanks more than once has finally dug our grave.............

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 12, 2008, 04:32:09 PM »

Bakes wuh yuh saying? We should expect draws and loses when we play Guatemala?
when we play them in Guatemala.. yes.

In 40 years of playing them in Guatemala we've beaten them just once... 19 yrs ago.  Outside of that we've drawn them twice (including last night) and collected 4 losses in we ass... including three straight before last night's game.

I not saying that Guatemala is our equal... but when yuh play dem at home yuh have to cut yuh losses and take what yuh could get.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 12, 2008, 04:36:24 PM »

See my post above.

How yuh go say "let's put aside games in Guatemala City"... where yuh feel they played last night?  I really couldn't give ah ass about what we do in Germany two years ago, this is not that Germany team that played last night.  Even if it was all the WC players all ah dem older and slower.

Bottom line is there's a difference between playing at home and playing on the road... I would expect you of all people to recognize that.  With that recognition in mind there's no way talk of "let's put aside games in Guatemala City" should ever escape yuh lips.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 12, 2008, 04:44:58 PM »
Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Two points, possibly four coulda given us de cushion we need. The two additional points that were available versus Guate at the HCS until the converted free kick action erased them. The point blank range shot that "shoulda" been picked up from the back of the net by Trigueño (or Carlos). A total of 9 points versus de 5 we have woulda been nice. Not ideal buh ah could live wid it.

Last night was de first clean sheet by de Guate goalie this campaign. Guate go to Cuba without dey captain de dread Pando Ramirez due to an accumulation of cards. Clearly the outcome is not a happy one fuh dem.

Right now it boils down to motivation ... how motivated are we (!?), how motivated are the Cubans(??? guess we'll know if any try to defect upon arrival), how motivated are Guate (!?) and how motivated are the US(!!!).

Come fellas we need ah exclamation point to punctuate dis round ... Hex!!!!! lehwe do it then look to regroup.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 04:46:48 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 12, 2008, 04:54:03 PM »

See my post above.

How yuh go say "let's put aside games in Guatemala City"... where yuh feel they played last night?  I really couldn't give ah ass about what we do in Germany two years ago, this is not that Germany team that played last night.  Even if it was all the WC players all ah dem older and slower.

Bottom line is there's a difference between playing at home and playing on the road... I would expect you of all people to recognize that.  With that recognition in mind there's no way talk of "let's put aside games in Guatemala City" should ever escape yuh lips.
       I agree with you there is a difference between playing at home and playing on the road that's why we won games in Bahrain,Bermuda etc etc 

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 12, 2008, 05:02:19 PM »
If we fail to advance to the next round then there are only two entities @ fault, the TTFF for not continuing where we left off after the WC with the black list and jack warner's disdain for football advancement,lack of proper preparation, and the coaching staff particularly anton corneal and francisco maturana, who time and time again has got it wrong in their team selection, leaving out players who have the ability to produce goals for players with less ability.

we had the fire power to defeat guatemala in trinidad and also in guatemala. they totally refused to play the players who has the ability to get the job done properly, for loafers!

daniel is an offensive threat who's also ah clutch player, so is daryl roberts ,why were these players riding pine for wolf and leon, ah mean folks it's mind bogling to think we need ah win and two of our inform goal scorers sat wasting away on the pine!!!

we don't deserve to go to the WC this time around ! as the saying goes if yuh fail to prepare!!

i think jack warner should be taught ah good lession!! ah part of me wanted us to win yesterday , but another part wanted gautemala to vanquish us BC of the nonsense that's been taking place for the past 2 yrs, that and jack warner and aton's biasness & bad mind, and to me bad mind and descriptiveness should not be rewarded with good results.                                    positive.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 06:17:52 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>