March 29, 2024, 07:16:21 AM

Poll

Can T&T break the duck vs USA this time ?

No
13 (11.1%)
Yes
95 (81.2%)
Draw
9 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (15-Oct-2008).  (Read 106650 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (15-Oct-2008).
« Reply #690 on: October 16, 2008, 02:52:27 AM »
spann had a decent game,made some mistakes like casual passing of the ball and sometimes losing site of the man he suppose to be marking,which I think is as a result of not playing consistently.

The plus though is having him on the team adds another dimension,so he had a good game.............   

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #691 on: October 16, 2008, 03:39:24 AM »
Great win fellas. To finally beat the US is like a dream come true.

My Man-of-the-Match: Chris Birchall aka J Cloth. He played with great tenacity and the tackles he was putting down in the midfield was biting. The man run up and down all night and really drove up the field with the ball when he had possession. I see someone call him our Genaro Gattuso - he's Gatusso who could buss bullets. He and Yorke made sure we won the battle in the midfield tonight. Them boys work real hard in the trenches

Carlos had a very good game also. His energy was there again (as it was in the precious matches). What was improved though was his control and 'touches'. He was more creative, and after starting off a bit hesitantly, took on his man and played some good balls - none better than the cross to Latapy.

But Birchall take win. Somebody on the forum for the Guatemala game say once Birchall could walk he should be on this team. I agree. Birchall could play for my team any day so Anton and Coventry City allyuh could put allyuh tail between allyuh leg

:rotfl: Ok, ah missing something here. Allyuh make meh buss out laughing in de office, de nicknames Trinis come up with. Why J Cloth???
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: October 16, 2008, 05:16:52 AM »
Great game. Spaan had a good game. Composed. Birchall sure showed the doubters. Easy man of the match. Daniel, Latas, Yorke, Lawrence, Carlos, Scotland ALL had good games.  Big up the WN crew. Met some WN diehards today.  Weary, Kandi, Brown Sugar, Stunner, Jeffers, "de man " Patriot, Organic, Triniwhiteboy, 2004, See touches from far. No place like in de National Stadium. Oh and de Big Flag was out in full effect. Again Much love to de SWN massive.

Spann had a good game?  What game you watch? Spann and Akile Edwards play real $hit.  Everyone else had a good game.  Scotland need to lose some weight, he remind me of stern in his "half slab" days.

I watch the same game. Maybe I should have added "considering" but since it is a word like "step" as in step son or daughter I didnt think it necessary. I traveled on the same plane with spaan. (by sheer coincidence)I know that he only got here at about 6-7pm on the 13th. With all this in mind I am happy with the job he did.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 16, 2008, 05:20:31 AM »
Great game. Spaan had a good game. Composed. Birchall sure showed the doubters. Easy man of the match. Daniel, Latas, Yorke, Lawrence, Carlos, Scotland ALL had good games.  Big up the WN crew. Met some WN diehards today.  Weary, Kandi, Brown Sugar, Stunner, Jeffers, "de man " Patriot, Organic, Triniwhiteboy, 2004, See touches from far. No place like in de National Stadium. Oh and de Big Flag was out in full effect. Again Much love to de SWN massive.

Spann had a good game?  What game you watch? Spann and Akile Edwards play real $hit.  Everyone else had a good game.  Scotland need to lose some weight, he remind me of stern in his "half slab" days.

Nightmare i does wonder if dem fellas watchin de same game we watchin yes

On another note... I forgot to mention an original soldier who i also had de pleasure of meeting. Jah Gol himself.
Nice to make your acquaintance brotherman. :) :).
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 16, 2008, 05:37:48 AM »
My problem wit Spann is he 2 relax d boi does do everyting in slow motion he doh sweat he doh stress he need 2 b more intensive
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: October 16, 2008, 05:48:39 AM »
[ :rotfl: Ok, ah missing something here. Allyuh make meh buss out laughing in de office, de nicknames Trinis come up with. Why J Cloth???

http://www.jcloth.com/

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #696 on: October 16, 2008, 06:45:51 AM »
spann had a decent game, made some mistakes like casual passing of the ball and sometimes losing site of the man he suppose to be marking,which I think is as a result of not playing consistently.

The plus though is having him on the team adds another dimension,so he had a good game.............   
This eh have nutting to do with consistent play. This is Spann. This is why he didn't get to play consistently.

I see it for mihself and all at de Gold Cup. Every trial he went in England, I read the reactions from fans at de games. Every Wrexham game he play, I read what Wrexham fans had to say. From Sunderland fans right down, dey all saying de same ting and it cyah be coincidence: Spann does steady get bawl up from other players on the field for poor defending and losing his man. He seem to get lost easily when is time to defend.

Spann have talent, but if we gon use him, it have to be up where Latas playing. Let him focus on passing and creating. Give him limited defensive responsibilities, not more.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: October 16, 2008, 06:55:22 AM »
I read all the back and forth with regards to MOTM... and being that I now watching the game I pay particular attention to both players.  Really hard to pick one over the other.  In the earlies it was Birchie... hands down.  Carlos was steady in the earlies, but not up to Birchall's hustle.  Birchall was the man who stole the ball in midfield who then laid it off to Latas... who passed to Edwards who then did his thing to set up Latas.

Long and short... I think it's Carlos by a nose over Birchall.

------------

Lost in all the exuberance is the excellent job by ESPN... fantastic broadcast, typical top-class angles.  Also, very nice professional commentary by JP Dellacamera...and particularly John Harkes.  Harkes was bigging up Latas and Yorke (who he called 'a friend of his') whole night.  He also gave nuff props to Lawrence (didn't even realize he had more caps than Latas... pro'lly de 'retirement' cause dat)... and then Stern.  They gave us our props and nobody was talking about 'missing' US players or this being a 'B' side.  They also bigged up the crowd... talking about the 'terrific atmosphere' a couple times.

I wanna see how long that big up lasts lol

Congrats to the team

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: October 16, 2008, 06:59:11 AM »
Sweet victory last night!  Thanks SWs!
Hopefully good riddance to Guatemala. ;D

my men of d match go ha to be Birchall & Tallest (great defending man)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 16, 2008, 07:05:12 AM »
I read all the back and forth with regards to MOTM... and being that I now watching the game I pay particular attention to both players.  Really hard to pick one over the other.  In the earlies it was Birchie... hands down.  Carlos was steady in the earlies, but not up to Birchall's hustle.  Birchall was the man who stole the ball in midfield who then laid it off to Latas... who passed to Edwards who then did his thing to set up Latas.

Long and short... I think it's Carlos by a nose over Birchall.

------------

Lost in all the exuberance is the excellent job by ESPN... fantastic broadcast, typical top-class angles.  Also, very nice professional commentary by JP Dellacamera...and particularly John Harkes.  Harkes was bigging up Latas and Yorke (who he called 'a friend of his') whole night.  He also gave nuff props to Lawrence (didn't even realize he had more caps than Latas... pro'lly de 'retirement' cause dat)... and then Stern.  They gave us our props and nobody was talking about 'missing' US players or this being a 'B' side.  They also bigged up the crowd... talking about the 'terrific atmosphere' a couple times.

Yuh was watching de debate  ;D instead? Carlos crosses have improved..... but a few times he was looking up and had no support also for the deliveries  :( .... other than dat.... he was strong through out....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: October 16, 2008, 07:11:53 AM »
 :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :cheers: :cheers: :flamethrower: :flamethrower:

My 2 cents....Birchall yuh show dem (Alvin really) yuh belong on dat team..
Aklie (or is it Akiel) Edwards make mih blood pressure raise from de moment ah hear he name announce as part of the starting line up and den he nearly kill mih when he actually step on de field...so (and I don't know if this was discussed earlier in the thread) what happened to Avery??

Carlos, really turned it up a notch in the 2nd half...I think his confidence is slowly returning...

BUT......apart from all dat...think and reflect on this.....
Latapy and Yorke scoring against the US 19 years after Nov 19th 1989 was worth the price of admission!!!...ah never thought I woulda live to see that, especially after both of them retire so many times...

Ah love it, love it, love it!!!....thanks fellas.....good going :beermug: :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline lp

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 16, 2008, 07:18:45 AM »
Been sitting on the fence watching for so long, but had to drop in to say........ [20font=Verdana]WELL DONE WARRIORS!!!!!![20/font] ....... don't drop the intensity now

ON to the HEX ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 16, 2008, 07:21:46 AM »
I hope lp eh Lincon Phillips
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline lp

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 16, 2008, 07:24:26 AM »
Nah

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 16, 2008, 07:31:06 AM »
Thee lines man and them realle help we out because them two offside agiant the us was good. The two wing backs was in ah mess, Spann yuh real disappoint me deh Boi, That lil Edwards boi is thee worst who play the Left Back, should have been Left Out. He cah play no ball.

The US geh we ah bligh. Let the truth be told. We did’nt look like we wanted to win even from the beginning of the game…the team look like they had no passion. Some of the players looked confused and tried.  The only man who was fighting it was Brichall. He should be man of the match! We start playing some ball in the second half which resulted in a victory. Thank GOD! :salute: :wavetowel: I know we could play much better than what I saw last night.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: October 16, 2008, 07:34:50 AM »
D team look like dey want 2 win some ting did wrong wit yuh feed

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: October 16, 2008, 07:41:54 AM »
D team look like dey want 2 win some ting did wrong wit yuh feed

Weary, didn’t you see most of the US midfield players doing what they want in the first half. Some of our players were not hustling nor tackling. We did not look good in the first half. I watch the game on ESPN. People who doh know nothing about the game will say we play realle good, because we win. Let’s be realle, thee heat only geh turn up after we score the first goal.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: October 16, 2008, 07:46:49 AM »
We started well in d 1st half and then d defence lost it shape. D only player who does run at men is Birchall. Dis team have real fight and dat is what I like dem youngsters woulda just keep dey head down nobody say we light d world alight

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: October 16, 2008, 07:52:45 AM »
Warner on I95.5 about 15 minutes ago.....he say de TTFF spend $24M on this campaign so far and eh get ah cent from the Gov't yet.....he say de TTFF will continue to carry on without the Government's help if that is what it takes....
Ah yes....de bachanal bubbling under de surface still....

steups....let me go back to mih happy place eh.....memories of last night!!
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: October 16, 2008, 08:01:29 AM »
We started well in d 1st half and then d defence lost it shape.  D only player who does run at men is Birchall. Dis team have real fight and dat is what I like dem youngsters woulda just keep dey head down nobody say we light d world alight

That is meh boi. Brichy.  I HOPE ah big team, pick he up because he's worth playing top football. I know we could have hit US at least ten last night; if we had went out deh and take it to them from the start, but we still had that mental block we had to break, until the ball enter the net, then the curse break. We need to start thee fire from the beginning of games, our type of relaxed play does kill we. Example: Keyeno or whatever he name is geh two chances to score directly in front of the US goal from the start and guess what? He blew it like crack. Even after we scored, they come back and put one down we throat. We now have the confidence back after that win. WE heading in the right direction. ;)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 08:04:44 AM by Weh-it-is »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 16, 2008, 08:15:09 AM »
Only 24 million where d audited books doh strt meh dis morning

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #711 on: October 16, 2008, 08:30:58 AM »

Spann had a good game?  What game you watch? Spann and Akile Edwards play real $hit.  Everyone else had a good game.  Scotland need to lose some weight, he remind me of stern in his "half slab" days.

I watch the same game. Maybe I should have added "considering" but since it is a word like "step" as in step son or daughter I didnt think it necessary. I traveled on the same plane with spaan. (by sheer coincidence)I know that he only got here at about 6-7pm on the 13th. With all this in mind I am happy with the job he did.

I feel because yuh travel on the same flight with silvio yuh bawling he play good.  I play against back nuff times and back then he had two things going for him, ball control and the ability to shoot well althogh he never scored much.  For some reason his ball control skills left him, but then it could be he only good against shithongs like me and when he plays at a higher level he just cant make the grade.  He is not good at marking and lacks vision although he is a midfielder.

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: October 16, 2008, 09:06:14 AM »
anyone seen any highlights of Trinidad from the ESPN team ?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: October 16, 2008, 09:20:03 AM »
I missed the match guys, was it fairly even or did T&T dominate or vice versa?

I think it would be fair to say T&T had more chances but the US had more possession. All in all fairly even, even if we did get two lucky offside calls
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 16, 2008, 09:29:55 AM »
anyone seen any highlights of Trinidad from the ESPN team ?
flex put up a lil ting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8EypZq-QDw

I missed the match guys, was it fairly even or did T&T dominate or vice versa?

I think it would be fair to say T&T had more chances but the US had more possession. All in all fairly even, even if we did get two lucky offside calls

I kinda vaguely remember the us goal being offsides, so that balance it out in my opinion...jus human error.
but I will need better highlights to make sure.

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #715 on: October 16, 2008, 10:03:21 AM »
[ :rotfl: Ok, ah missing something here. Allyuh make meh buss out laughing in de office, de nicknames Trinis come up with. Why J Cloth???

Oh gosh, ah know what ah J Cloth is. but I cannot figure out why Birchy get dat nick name.  :-[ Roll-on-roll-off, I get dat. Me Mum, I get dat. Whiteboy most obvious. But J Cloth dred?  :-\
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: October 16, 2008, 10:05:19 AM »
Oh gosh, ah know what ah J Cloth is. but I cannot figure out why Birchy get dat nick name.  :-[ Roll-on-roll-off, I get dat. Me Mum, I get dat. Whiteboy most obvious. But J Cloth dred?  :-\
"Highly absorbent, lint free, easy to rinse" :devil:

i eh kno needa........this will be good once we get the explanation.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: October 16, 2008, 10:07:33 AM »
He cleanin up everyting

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: October 16, 2008, 10:08:07 AM »

RTG....I saw in another thread it references how he cleans up in defence...... :)
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: October 16, 2008, 10:09:05 AM »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>