March 28, 2024, 04:30:46 PM

Poll

Can T&T break the duck vs USA this time ?

No
13 (11.1%)
Yes
95 (81.2%)
Draw
9 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (15-Oct-2008).  (Read 106599 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (15-Oct-2008).
« Reply #720 on: October 16, 2008, 10:10:47 AM »
u welcome
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 16, 2008, 10:44:22 AM »
This is my line up to beat the US and A...

Ince

Lawrence

Spann                   Keyno               Avery

Yorke

Carlos                                         Keon

Brichall

Latas

Scottland

Hyland coming on fuh Carlos. Then Robert fuh Latas and Stern fuh Scottland or Glenn. Take that and smoke it in yuh pipe.  ;D

Why deh leave out Avery to add that Edwards youth? Ah call this line up. ;D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 16, 2008, 10:47:56 AM »
This is my line up to beat the US and A...

Ince
                                                          Lawrence
                               Spann                   Keyno               Avery
                                                         Yorke
                                Carlos                                         Keon
                                                          Brichall
                                                           Latas
                                                         Scottland

Hyland coming on fuh Carlos. Then Robert fuh Latas and Stern fuh Scottland or Glenn. Take that and smoke it in yuh pipe.  ;D
Why deh leave out Avery to add that Edwards youth? Ah call this line up. ;D
Dais exactly Weh-it-is ;)
ya is ah Boss Man :beermug: :beermug:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #723 on: October 16, 2008, 10:52:06 AM »
Avery was suspended I believe.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 16, 2008, 10:52:35 AM »
Ah trying to geh ah wuk Boi.  :beermug:
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #725 on: October 16, 2008, 11:46:23 AM »
Avery was suspended I believe.

I don't think avery got a card in the Guatemala game so I doubt he was suspended.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 16, 2008, 01:55:27 PM »
He was not suspended but it is alleged dat dey fraid he get suspended 4 d Cuba game so dat is y he eh play. But u know we fans star in a Few Good Men we cyah handle d truth
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline vapotrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Anyone have Highlights of T&T Vs. USA
« Reply #727 on: October 16, 2008, 02:12:45 PM »
I've been looking for highlights of this game everywhere but can find any. Since I was on the opposite side of the field when both of our goals scored, I really didn't get a clear view of either goal. This game was on TV how in the world are there no highlights on youtube as yet??? Guys who have the highlights, stop sticking... there are others like me who dying to see how everything went down.

By the way, anyone know the official count of people at the stadium last night?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 16, 2008, 02:30:04 PM »
U.S. youngsters show inexperience against T&T

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=582303&sec=us&root=us&cc=5901

As the final whistle blew at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port-of-Spain, the scoreboard showed the reality of Trinidad and Tobago's 2-1 World Cup qualifying win over the United States. But perhaps a more revealing score line would have read Veterans 2, Neophytes 1, as the combination of some veteran savvy by the home side and some rookie mistakes by the visitors allowed T&T to walk away with a priceless result.

Sharing the role of hero were 40-year-old Russell Latapy and his 36-year-old sidekick Dwight Yorke, who each scored a goal in the second half and got the better of their U.S. counterparts when it mattered most. Combined with Guatemala's shocking 2-1 loss to Cuba, the Soca Warriors are now all but assured of progressing to next year's Hexagonal (final round of CONCACAF Olympic qualifying).

In the process, this young American team, shorn of all but three players who started Saturday against Cuba, showed that while they are indeed talented, they'll need considerably more seasoning before being trusted with say, a road match in either Mexico City's Estadio Azteca or the Estadio Ricardo Saprissa in San Jose, Costa Rica.

Of course, acquiring more experience was exactly why U.S. coach Bob Bradley fielded such a lineup to begin with, and Wednesday's match certainly delivered some hard lessons that will serve this crop of young players well down the road. But I get the sense that performers such as Jozy Altidore, Jose Torres and Maurice Edu are a bit further away from playing major roles in the Hex than I might have thought, at least when it kicks off early next year.

This development was borne out by Altidore's ridiculous tug on T&T defender Makan Hislop's jersey -- in full view of the referee -- that led to Yorke's 79th-minute penalty-kick goal. Such a brain cramp simply can't happen in the cauldron that will be the final round of qualifying. And in the context of Wednesday's game, it served to nullify all that was good about Altidore's performance, which included an assist on Charlie Davies' 75th-minute equalizer.

As for Edu, he took a massive step backward in this game due to some wayward passes that had to be seen to be believed. Even his involvement in the buildup to Davies' goal had an element of luck about it. His terrible first touch nearly killed the attack, although he did recover to slip Altidore behind the T&T defense.

Sadly, Altidore and the rest of his young teammates were aided and abetted by some of the squad's more veteran elements. Defender Frankie Hejduk spent much of the second half passing the ball to anything but a white jersey, and his 61st-minute giveaway at the halfway line launched the attack from which the Soca Warriors scored their first goal.

Other players, like Sacha Kljestan, showed little sharpness in their passing. DaMarcus Beasley was hardly involved at all, and when he did get the ball, he seemed to be operating a few gears slower than he has in his two previous matches.

So who impressed? Freddy Adu probably showed more composure on the ball than any other U.S. player on the field. He was by no means perfect, but he showed vision and an ability to deliver the ball to a teammate.

Charlie Davies continued his climb up the U.S. forward ladder with a well-taken goal, some strong play with his back to goal, and an ability to make on overall nuisance of himself in the box. Other than these two performers, there was little else to get excited about.

Some of this is because of the performance of the Soca Warriors, who played a cagey tactical game that saw them throw few numbers into attack during a tepid first half. But given the Americans' slack marking on set pieces and loose passing in midfield, the home side no doubt figured that the chances would come, and when Latapy's 61st-minute volley caromed off the back of goalkeeper Brad Guzan and into the goal, the T&T players probably thought they had done enough.

To the Americans' credit, they did fight back vis Altidore's bull rush through the T&T defense and subsequent centering feed to Davies, only for Altidore to throw it all away just four minutes later.

The group that took the field on Wednesday will have a shot at some redemption on Nov. 19, when what figures to be a very demoralized Guatemala squad travels to Colorado for the group finale. This match could be a formality for Guatemala -- if T&T wins its home match with Cuba, Guatemala will be eliminated before the U.S. game -- yet it is another chance for the Altidores and Edus of the world to gain an additional dose of experience.

It is worth remembering, however, that the place where the real seasoning takes place is at the club level, and it's imperative that this group of players begins to find more playing time. Yes, it's a bit early to be hitting the panic button just yet, especially for players like Edu and Altidore who have barely had a chance to introduce themselves to their new teammates (at Rangers and Villarreal, respectively). But that will need to change at some point; otherwise, the rookie mistakes that were on display Wednesday will happen again.

Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline vapotrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone have Highlights of T&T Vs. USA
« Reply #730 on: October 16, 2008, 03:30:35 PM »
Thank you sir.

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 16, 2008, 04:37:04 PM »
[ :rotfl: Ok, ah missing something here. Allyuh make meh buss out laughing in de office, de nicknames Trinis come up with. Why J Cloth???

http://www.jcloth.com/

Oh gosh, ah know what ah J Cloth is. but I cannot figure out why Birchy get dat nick name.  :-[ Roll-on-roll-off, I get dat. Me Mum, I get dat. Whiteboy most obvious. But J Cloth dred?  :-\

girl, you eh see what they say on that website or what "wipes up household mess" - me mum cleaning up everything in sight

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T vs USA Replay?
« Reply #732 on: October 17, 2008, 11:56:52 AM »
Anybody have any idea when there will be a repeat broadcast (local or cable)?
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs USA Replay?
« Reply #733 on: October 18, 2008, 06:59:58 AM »
sorry sweetiepaper, i have no idea, however ah don't think FSC or whomever will be in a hurry to re-broadcast dis, for obvious reasons ;)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 18, 2008, 07:10:45 AM »
Doh gimme heart attack man wid dat headline "TT vs USA Replay",I tort we had to play over dat game we jess win.WATCH HOW YUH SAY TINGS SWEETIEPAPER.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: October 18, 2008, 07:48:00 AM »
Doh gimme heart attack man wid dat headline "TT vs USA Replay",I tort we had to play over dat game we jess win.WATCH HOW YUH SAY TINGS SWEETIEPAPER.
:rotfl:

yuh real insecure dey boy
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

1]; } ?>