April 27, 2024, 01:42:20 PM

Author Topic: And so this cruel roller coaster ride continues..  (Read 2847 times)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
And so this cruel roller coaster ride continues..
« on: September 08, 2005, 06:36:17 AM »
I didn't see the game nor was I able to listen to homeview (and whenever I complain or make suggestion for them they always ignore me). So I await a report from those that did get a chance to see it. One question though..did half slab show up atal?

What needs to happen is CLICO should get ah flight for the players next time..direct!

2 more games to go.. 6 points to get! Regroup and take out some vextation on dem 2 remaining teams.

By a show of hands..how many people here got screwed by homeview? I want to mention some numbers to dem when I send in my latest letter. Notice they eh even send out an email saying they sorry.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: And so this cruel roller coaster ride continues..
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 06:39:10 AM »
Homeview mess me up too, and I subscribed just for the game. Let them know that next time I will subscribe to the JA service. If they cannot provide people the service then don't take people money.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 06:40:15 AM »
My name is arrow and ....I....I....I got screwed by homeview

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 06:47:21 AM »
homeview set we up

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
I vex
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 07:02:12 AM »
USA reall shit us up with that draw last night...now guatemala ahead on point and have another advantag over us...........tough times
Panama macth go be realll hard

and latapy would not  be dere
 :-[
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 07:16:44 AM by Tallman »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: I vex
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 07:23:11 AM »
and latapy would not  be dere
 :-[

Where Latapy going? I did not get this news.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 07:30:14 AM »
JDB,

Latapy had said that if we didn't get 4 pts over this 2 game stretch, that he would end his career at that point.

I not taking that literally though, I think that is how much he estimated we needed to have to still be in the race.  I doubt he will walk away when Guatemala still have to go into Azteca.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 07:33:01 AM »
Latas have to do what he feel is best i respect that but i just hope he make a decision early so we not in limbo.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 07:35:34 AM »
"The T&T dressing room had disappointment written all over it following the match but the contingent, including Latapy was still upbeat over the chances in the next two games."

We can only hope, Falkirk wins there next few games as well !

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2005, 08:17:29 AM »
Guatemala getting a point or not getting a point  together with our loss doesn't mean anything. As long as we lost that game Guatemala would still be on top because of goal difference.

Guatemala 1 point and even with a loss they would still be ahead of us. What T&T needs is to win the race on points ....

3 points against Panama a must
3 points against Mexico we battling for
Tickets to go Germany bout TT $10000.

Watching T&T  in the WC finals ........Priceless

Go Warriors Go !!
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2005, 09:53:25 AM »
Guatemala getting a point or not getting a point  together with our loss doesn't mean anything. As long as we lost that game Guatemala would still be on top because of goal difference.

What?  Guatemala getting a point last night was HUGE for our chances.  That point now means that if they beat Costa Rica on the last day (assuming they lose to Mexico) they will end with 11 points instead of 10. 
And if that happens we now have to BEAT Mexico to pass them.   If they didn't get that point last night all we would have needed was to beat Panama and DRAW Mexico to end up on 11 points and get 4th.  A BIG difference.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Things aint so Grim But Let we Face Facts and Reality
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2005, 09:58:52 AM »
Men Talking bout 4th place and all that stuff, But 4th place aint no automatic world cup berth and even if we make 4th are we sure to beat uzbekistan? or Bahrain.
We specialize in last minute failures.
Are we just extending the Therapy.

Lossing to Costa Rica is no Big Deal they are a better team than us more experience and more complete players.

The question now becomes how we will perform in the remaining games

Frankly when you talk about TnT beating Mexico at home versus Guatemala Beating Costa Rica at home man nothing is a surerity.

Fact is we in Real trouble and even if we are perfect we still aint sure to make it.

Mexico not even self playing Guatemala in Azteca.

As RF say them Central americans will stick together.

The fact that CR has virtually qualified is bad news for us because in that last game versus Guatemala

Guatemala looking good for 3 points.

to be on the outside looking in with 2 games left is not where we wanted to be.

Pressure on to Beat Panama and hope that Mexico beat Guatemala.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2005, 10:19:51 AM »
but i doubt that guatamala will beat mexico in mexico but i think with our full squad we will beat panama in panama and mexico at home.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline salt-or-fresh

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Things aint so Grim But Let we Face Facts and Reality
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2005, 10:22:46 AM »
Boss, we in real trouble like yuh say, "We specialize in last mnute failures."
Men eh facing reality, we are not a "World Cup Team." We wouldna even beat the US with the players dey used lastnight.
We struggling boss, stuggling. Go Germany fuh what? Licks? We would get embarrased on the world stage. We eh ready fuh dat level, we was, back in '89.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Things aint so Grim But Let we Face Facts and Reality
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2005, 11:00:21 AM »
Fellas,

The bottom line is that We have a chance if we get MORE and ONLY MORE points than Guatemala as our head to head and goal difference won't help us if we tie.

Ok, assuming we beat Panama in Panama and get 10 points and Guatemala loses to Mexico and stays on 8 points, then Guatemala  HAS TO beat Costa Rica in Guatemala to get 11 points as any other score leaves them with 8 or 9 points. Guatemal knows that they have practically 1 game to get to 11 (Make or break) They know that we get should get 10 points in Panama but we have a 2nd chance to get it in T&T. Either way they have to win

You may wonder how the timing of those final games on the 12th of Oct plays out to affect the suspense for the teams and who would have to scramble for a goal knowing the outcome of the other team.  Well here is the schedule from the Fifa site. The starting times are the same, as 18:00 hrs Guatemala time is 20:00 hrs T&T time

North, Central American and Caribbean Zone, Oct 2005 All Matches displayed in local time
Date Venue Teams Time/Score

12-Oct-2005 PORT OF SPAIN (Trinidad and Tobago) Trinidad and Tobago - Mexico 20:00  

12-Oct-2005 FOXBORO/BOSTON (USA) USA - Panama 20:00

12-Oct-2005 GUATEMALA-CITY (Guatemala) Guatemala - Costa Rica 18:00

In that case, all we could do is try to cause some comess and inefficiency and delay our game by 10-15 mins or so, so that we have 10-15 min in the end  to fight for a win against Mexico if we here by cell phone that Guatemala just beat Costa Rica. If Guatemala loses then we cool and celebrate before the game done and just play for pride and start dribbling.

So, we pray that Latas comes back for the panama game after reflecting in Scotland for a while. If he does not come then he will show up for the Mexico game as that IS the decider whether we get 3 points in Panama or not. As I began writing this it really hit me properly that we have to play to win against Mexico even if we already have 10 points as a goal winner by Guatemala in the dying minutes would end it for us, if we draw or lose against Mexico.

Once again,must plan to delay our game by 15 mins and LATAPY must be there to either help us reach 10 and pray or help us reach untouchable 13 with a last gasp goal and celebrate
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2005, 11:38:20 AM »
So Sancho was injured just before the game. I see. That was it fellas as no way Cox could play on the wing.  We need Sancho for our defense as it is now. What a shame. How devastated he must have felt. Hope he can recover in 1 month. Can't afford to rush recovery/training like Carlos did. We have a defenders crisis with no wiggle room at all. At least Avery is back though.

Does the Spann experiment come to an end?

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2005, 12:11:36 PM »
next rounds:

mex. wiill beat gua in mexico.

hope that usa beat cr too. if that happen and we beat panama, CR will not be assured of automatic qualification unless they draw or win at gua. that will make them play hard there. of course, unless we beat mex. and panama by 7 goals each, CR will get 3rd.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2005, 12:21:37 PM »
Homeview screw me too.  I send them a email but I eh expecting too much...See that is why I does have a hard time ever contemplating a move back to trini.  We paying we money to homeview and we get rob and what is there response, silence.  They could never get my money again.

Anyway, onto the warriors.  Fellas, ain't no way in hell, Guatemala beating Mexico.  The question is can be beat Panama in Panama to make it a semi Nov 19th, this time we would actually need a win against Mexico.

I still believe in the dream.  People will call us dreamers, but we must continue to believe in the dream.  If not now, when?  Yorkie, Latas, and the rest of the fellas need to step up more than ever.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2005, 04:01:45 PM »
Homeview screw me too.  I send them a email but I eh expecting too much...See that is why I does have a hard time ever contemplating a move back to trini.  We paying we money to homeview and we get rob and what is there response, silence.  They could never get my money again.

Anyway, onto the warriors.  Fellas, ain't no way in hell, Guatemala beating Mexico.  The question is can be beat Panama in Panama to make it a semi Nov 19th, this time we would actually need a win against Mexico.

I still believe in the dream.  People will call us dreamers, but we must continue to believe in the dream.  If not now, when?  Yorkie, Latas, and the rest of the fellas need to step up more than ever.

Yes, I believe in the dream too and I suspect that as a country we are more experienced and mature about handling the emotional rollercoaster of World Cup qualifying/disqualifying. For example we taking last night's loss better than previous years and can handle it as fans if we are simply outplayed every now and then.  16 yrs ago Hutson Charles, Leonson Lewis and Yorke were crying like babies after Nov 19th. They were not professionals yet. This time if we fail, they will handle it better and just go back to their pretty decent professional lives

But anyway, we qualifying. So doh study dat. Trus' meh

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Are we ready or is this false hope once again?
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2005, 05:45:05 PM »
we can speculate on the what ifs,but let's for a moment embrace certain realities,was this team from the onset capable of making it to the world cup,I say no. yuh see go back to the strike squad days when guatemala,honduras,costa-rica,el-salvador was lunch and dinner fuh we and beating the boys home or away was a task for dem teams,so I say with the present qualifying structure by which the top 3 go through and the fourth enters a playoff somewhere in the adriatic,what were we doing all these years in preparation for this,"it sounds like smooth sailing" but like we in a canoe and the rest of the teams have jet skis,I doh no boy but everytime I watch a game at the end ah tired physically,mentally is as if i on the field playing,how it is that the other teams have been able to elevate there game and we have regressed  into shadow of ourselves.           

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2005, 05:46:53 PM »
WE WILL CARRY ON........... WE NOT GIVING UP...........   WE GOING TO GERMANY

GO WARRIORS
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>