April 28, 2024, 09:20:36 AM

Author Topic: Comparing Stephan Hart to Anton Corneal  (Read 1984 times)

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Comparing Stephan Hart to Anton Corneal
« on: September 12, 2008, 08:09:40 AM »
Stephan was a very good player, had a very good football intellect, Corneal yes has the education and the certificates but does he have the instinct to be a good coach?

Stephan is the current technical director for the Canadian team was the former coach and did well as the coach, I doubt Corneal could have ever achieved this on any other team outside Trinidad, maybe barbados ;D but other than them, I don't think so.

Stephan has never come across as being bias, he is a person who wouldn't pick a team on his biased point of view, Corneal will and has and is doing it currently. I think if Hart was the assistant coach we would be seeing a different team or if he was coach even but he football powers are content with the Corneal regime, sink or swim.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: Comparing Stephan Hart to Anton Corneal
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 10:35:37 AM »
Corneal is an assistant coach. He may speak his mind but in the end it is the head coach that will make every decision, on training, tactics, team seection (what ever). He will also make the decision to listen to his staff or pull his own cord.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 10:38:26 AM »
Canada just lost to Honduras and tied with JA.   :-\
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 12:11:50 PM »
Corneal is an assistant coach. He may speak his mind but in the end it is the head coach that will make every decision, on training, tactics, team seection (what ever). He will also make the decision to listen to his staff or pull his own cord.

maturana is not making the full decisions, corneal is in disguise :o

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 01:08:35 PM »
Stephan was a very good player, had a very good football intellect, Corneal yes has the education and the certificates but does he have the instinct to be a good coach?

Stephan is the current technical director for the Canadian team was the former coach and did well as the coach, I doubt Corneal could have ever achieved this on any other team outside Trinidad, maybe barbados ;D but other than them, I don't think so.

Stephan has never come across as being bias, he is a person who wouldn't pick a team on his biased point of view, Corneal will and has and is doing it currently. I think if Hart was the assistant coach we would be seeing a different team or if he was coach even but he football powers are content with the Corneal regime, sink or swim.

being a good player has nothing to do with coaching.

how do you know what Corneal could achieve outside of T&T. what makes you feel being a decent coach in Canada means you will have success in T&T. Didn't Corneal's Under 17s beat out Hart's Under 17s for WC qualification? To me, that doesn't necessarily mean anything, bt since yuh grasping at straws, dat hurts yuh argument.

it is clear you have no idea what kind of coach or person hart is. Nor corneal. you don't know either, you've never worked with either and you've presented nothing close to facts for comparison. real speculative thread. not sure what is the point

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 07:49:43 PM »
Canada men's best performance in recent times was at the last Goal Cup tournament and SH was the interim head coach.

If SH can get the Canadian national team to perform that well at the Goal Cup he should have remain as head coach, but Canada soccer made a big mistake.

I don't like to compare coaches, but I like to go on performances and the last time SH was a head coach at the senior international level he passed the test at the Goal Cup.

SH is a true homeboy and had learn the game and played with some of TT greatest, ,maybe TT should think of giving him the opportunity to lead our National team.

1]; } ?>