April 27, 2024, 06:09:20 AM

Author Topic: What action can we take against the administration and Maturana?  (Read 3247 times)

Offline Marx

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
What action can we take against the administration and Maturana?
« on: September 12, 2008, 10:56:02 AM »
Given the dismal performance by Trinidad in the last game and the lack of profesionalism by TTFF administration and staff what can we do to put pressure on them?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What action can we take against the administration and Maturana?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 11:02:30 AM »
Only something drastic (IMO) can change the MO of our admin., on the level of a revolution, otherwise we will continue to fluctuate about a certain level w/the potential for marginal improvement over time....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 11:05:42 AM »
Stage a (non-violent) protest during, before or after a game.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 11:13:03 AM »
attend the match in red noses

sorry couldn't resist

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 11:14:34 AM »

sorry couldn't resist

hush yuh c**t
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 11:16:08 AM »

sorry couldn't resist

hush yuh c**t

not very neighbourly

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 11:19:04 AM »
 :devil: :devil: :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 11:35:52 AM »
Obia
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 11:57:27 AM »
NONEEEEEEEEE We doh boycott we doh even wear black juzzy so d answer is a big fat zero, nutten, naddaz
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 12:01:28 PM »
In Canada there is a supporters group that will move on the CSA if they fail to make it to thenext rounds....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Marx

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 12:04:35 PM »
Strategically I think our options are limited, but tactically I think we can cause some discomfort. Personally, I think bombarding the TTFF with faxes, e-mails and phone calls is a good start. There are excellent posts which highlight every issue ranging from the text messages to player selection. Since I am at the office this weekend, I am going to send dozens of these posts via fax. In fact I think I will make it part of my daily routine. Collectively I think we can create a stir in the TTFF office.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 12:06:42 PM »
Well since Fido does b hear lurkin u just inform he and his emplyers of yuh plan so u need a new 1 and  doh post it just do what Nike say and just do it
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 12:10:38 PM »
I am going to send dozens of these posts via fax. In fact I think I will make it part of my daily routine. Collectively I think we can create a stir in the TTFF office.
The only problem with this is the they will see the fax is coming from the same fax number over and over. This is something we need to do collectively.

Offline Marx

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 12:15:45 PM »
Exactly.....the more people that do it the better it will be. I can't do it alone.....collectively we can, and given all of the other options I think this is the most active response with minimal physical effort.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 12:21:43 PM »
  :rotfl: :rotfl:i does really have to laugh yes,peeps still asking what action we could take?we talk about every action to take in the past and nothing happen,we eh tired talking, Jamaica just gave us some ideas,Brazil threatening Dunga every day,up to last night i see he had a press conference,sometimes i does really want to know who is the WE peeps does be talking about here,is it a group or something?they have to get a little more organised first to have any effect.  

Offline Marx

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 12:30:44 PM »
True. Making post expressing feelings and concerns is good. The only thing is you have to come to this site to view them. You are right, organization is the key. Choose a day, any day. Make that the "action day". Start a thread with people who on that day arecommitted to  bombarding the TTFF offices though all media available. Jam the phone lines,keep a steady stream of faxes coming out of the machine and fill the ttff e-mail linbox with dozens of messages until doing the most simple of tasks becomes difficult for them.In essence, take the fight to them.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 12:40:22 PM »
CSF has a point, but who are these guys?
By GEORGE GROSS

The : A New Way Forward.

That heading, on a pamphlet e-mailed to me recently, contains some scathing criticism of the Canadian Soccer Association and its failure to develop the game to a degree that would make this country's soccer fans proud.

These opinions -- the same ones I have been expressing for at least 30 years -- come from the newly created CSF, a group of former and current soccer officials, ex-members of our national team and inductees into Canada's Soccer Hall of Fame.

There were no names listed for the group, but its message is to the point.

"Canadian soccer's numerous governing bodies have become unresponsive to the needs of players, coaches and administrators," the CSF says.

"They have consistently failed to add sufficient value to their membership in order to justify the significant (and growing) registration 'taxis' that they extract.

"They have not provided the leadership that is expected of them, nor have they made the commitment of transparency, accountability and strategic planning that the membership demands."

The CSF goes on to say that "the time has come for a national governing body for soccer, possessing a vision, a mission and a mandate to restructure the way the sport is governed and administered in order to meet the challenges of the 21st century and to move soccer forward with a greater sense of optimism and vibrancy."

The mystery critics point to the folding of the Canadian Soccer League in 1992, but could just as easily have mentioned the defunct Eastern Canada Professional Soccer League, which boasted three teams in Toronto -- Toronto City, Toronto Italia and Toronto Roma -- as well as the Hamilton Steelers and Montreal Cantalia and drew sellout crowds to Varsity Stadium. Moreover, Toronto City featured such star players as Sir Stanley Matthews, Johnny Haynes, Tommy Younger, Danny Blanchflower and Jackie Mudie.

Unfortunately, in 1962, the English Football League barred all players from playing off-season in Canada and, as a result, the ECPSL was forced to find second and third-division players before folding in 1965 for lack of funds.

The CSF's steering committee will be holding an open meeting on Thursday, Feb. 28 at 7 p.m., in the York Room of the Monte Carlo Inn (705 Applewood Cres., in the Hwys. 7 and 400 area) to explain its objectives.

The only thing that bothers me with all of this is that nowhere can we find the names of the members of the CSF. Are they, as they say they are, genuine soccer experts with a proven background, or yo-yos trying to hustle their names forward into the annals of Canadian soccer?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 12:52:39 PM »
Time to follow Canada

Canada dropping the ball
CSA being blamed for stagnant state of our national men's soccer teams
By STEVE BUFFERY, TORONTO SUN

Jim Brennan, a national team member and Toronto FC midfielder, is determined to put the boots to the theory that, when it comes to the FIFA men's World Cup, Canada forever will be on the outside looking in.

It has been 22 years since Canada's first and only appearance at soccer's big dance, but Brennan believes the current national team is the most talented side to emerge in years, and is in good shape to qualify for the next World Cup, two years hence in South Africa.

At the same time, Brennan said the team will begin the qualifying process for the 2010 World Cup this June, starting with a home-and-away series against Caribbean side St. Vincent and the Grenadines, with the proverbial one hand tied behind its back.

"Regardless of how much of a shambles the Canadian Soccer Association is in at the moment, we feel that if we don't qualify (for the 2010 World Cup), we'll be letting ourselves down big-time," Brennan said.

The Toronto FC captain said the problem with qualifying comes back to the CSA, the governing body of the sport in Canada. Brennan has little faith in, and little respect for, the CSA, and he is not alone in his sentiments.

Former national team captain Jason De Vos also has described the CSA as a shambles, saying: "We need to draw up a completely new model because the existing one certainly isn't working."

Bruce Twamley, an ex-national team standout and Canadian Soccer Hall of Fame inductee, said: "Whatever success we have is despite the CSA."

That the CSA is a target for criticism, and blamed for the national team's failure to qualify for the men's World Cup, is nothing new. But that criticism has grown from a whisper to a full-blown scream as soccer becomes more popular in increasingly multicultural Canada, and fans begin to question why the team can't seem to earn decent results on the world stage and qualify for the World Cup, the biggest sporting event on the planet next to the Summer Olympics. (The women's teams have had better results internationally, although many soccer nations do not yet dedicate balanced resources to their women's programs.)

The frustration over the lack of results on the men's side has resulted in a serious call to action. A group of concerned fans has formed the Canadian Soccer Federation, an outfit determined to "execute the role of the national governing body" in Canada if the CSA doesn't get its act together, and fast.

"If they really care about the good of the game, they will get on board with some of the ideas that we have put on paper," CSF chief Dino Rossi told Sun Media. "We haven't reinvented the wheel. We've just put down what the practices are across the world (with other FIFA-sanctioned federations). And that is what we need here. We have to make some bold moves and if the CSA is not prepared to make bold moves, then step aside."

The CSF has drawn up a mission statement, vowing to "establish and nurture a culture of unparalleled transparency, accountability, inclusiveness, empowerment and respect."

Rossi told Sun Media that one doesn't need to look any further than the Fred Nykamp affair to see the CSA's ineptitude and why there needs to be a house-cleaning. Nykamp, a respected former head of Basketball Canada, was hired as CSA chief executive officer last May. He was then told in July his appointment needed approval of the CSA board of directors. One month later, the board, made up of the executive committee and presidents of each provincial organization, voted not to ratify Nykamp's appointment, and he was out. CSA president Colin Linford, who was instrumental in bringing Nykamp to the organization, resigned. A few weeks later, Nykamp launched a $1.75-million lawsuit against the CSA. Two months ago, an out-of-court settlement was reached. The amount is said to be substantial -- and ultimately avoidable if Nykamp's hiring had been handled properly in the first place.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2008, 09:06:42 AM »
BM here...come join the "REVOLUTION"
coming soon to a cinema near you

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2008, 09:14:24 AM »
hello WinnypegFurry
is JackAss a spetial advither to the CSA also :devil:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 09:18:43 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2008, 10:06:26 AM »
Help Shaka Hislop and the FPATT awareness to all players to join.  it all falls down to the players giving Jack Warner tooooooooooooo much power, and giving lames like Maturana (rejected from his own countries national team) and Anton (a discriminant of pro players who know football much more than him). If ALL players from Stern John all the way down to Khaleem Hyland were in PFATT.  Jack Warner could not hire anyone he want.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2008, 01:04:57 PM »
Help Shaka Hislop and the FPATT awareness to all players to join.  it all falls down to the players giving Jack Warner tooooooooooooo much power, and giving lames like Maturana (rejected from his own countries national team) and Anton (a discriminant of pro players who know football much more than him). If ALL players from Stern John all the way down to Khaleem Hyland were in PFATT.  Jack Warner could not hire anyone he want.
I was just thinking today that the FPATT should get some feed back from Roy Keane about the importance of joining such an organisation and making sure that they have Health Insurance whenever they play for TTFF JACT (Jack Ass Clown Troupe)

PFATT where are you?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 01:07:55 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2008, 02:12:15 PM »
Dem fellas livin on mars y Roy Keane have 2 tell dem y joinin FPATT impt give me a break dis afternoon

1]; } ?>