April 29, 2024, 06:30:56 AM

Author Topic: Roy Keane: T&T don't insure their players.  (Read 4025 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Roy Keane: T&T don't insure their players.
« on: September 12, 2008, 05:57:18 PM »
Furious Roy Keane hits back in Dwight Yorke row.
By: George Caulkin (Timesonline).

There was no rant, no histrionics, but a precise and deliberate character assassination. Despite his reputation as a player - quick to tackle, slow to forget - Roy Keane has more ice in his veins than fire, but those who cross him should not expect tolerance.

Yesterday his wrath fell on Jack Warner, the Fifa vice-president, or, in Keane's words, a “clown” and a “disgrace”. Warner, a special adviser to the Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation, wrote to Keane this week on Fifa-headed paper, protesting about the Sunderland manager's decision to withdraw Dwight Yorke from the World Cup qualifying match against the United States. The letter included phrases such as “callous disregard” and “a mean streak in your character”.

In Keane's defence, Yorke, who will turn 37 in November, has not played for Sunderland since suffering a fractured cheekbone in a pre-season friendly, yet he was permitted to report for duty with Trinidad this month and captained his country in the 1-1 draw with Guatemala on Saturday.

Yorke had announced his international retirement in 2007 but returned as a guest - at Warner's request - for the friendly against England in June. In that match Kenwyne Jones, the Sunderland striker, damaged knee ligaments and is out until next month. Yorke subsequently made himself available for the World Cup campaign.

The dispute has led Keane to regret awarding Yorke, his former Manchester United team-mate, a new one-season contract and, for the first time since his move to the dugout, to make withering criticism of one of his players. “I'm blaming Yorkie,” Keane said. “He's a clown as well. He's supposed to be retired. But he's on an ego trip. I wouldn't have given him a contract.”

Keane's dissatisfaction was largely reserved for Warner, a man the FA has been courting as it seeks to host the 2018 World Cup finals. “The man is a clown,” Keane said. “I spoke to him on Wednesday and told him what I thought of him and where I think he should go. He's writing these letters and it's under Fifa's heading just to impress everybody.

“Not once has he written me a letter about Kenwyne, who got injured playing in a friendly match for Trinidad. They even selected Carlos Edwards last season when he was out with a broken leg. I've always given support to players going on international duty, 100 per cent. It's just ridiculous that this clown is writing letters through the media.

“They don't insure their players, so we're footing a massive medical bill for Kenwyne. There has to be give and take. The word ‘clown' just suits him. I just told him he's a disgrace.”

Keane's broadside prompted another letter from Warner. “I chose to respond on a Fifa letter-head because your callousness showed utter disregard for Fifa's regulations,” he wrote. “May I remind you that a player's greatest honour is to represent his country, in spite of the fact that you chose to walk away from yours during the 2002 World Cup. Poor Sunderland.”
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Roy Keane: T&T don't insure their players.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 06:00:21 PM »
If thats true about 'not insuring players' then thats pretty shambolic.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 06:06:42 PM »
Dat eh news Clayton Morris talk bout dat long time and he say dat they sort it out. So I guess dey eh insuring
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 06:13:56 PM »
Wouldn't be unique to us.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 06:16:57 PM »
I wonder if he insure he mouth , yu know warner is a bad man  ;D ;D
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 06:23:03 PM »
The dispute has led Keane to regret awarding Yorke, his former Manchester United team-mate, a new one-season contract and, for the first time since his move to the dugout, to make withering criticism of one of his players. “I'm blaming Yorkie,” Keane said. “He's a clown as well. He's supposed to be retired. But he's on an ego trip. I wouldn't have given him a contract.”

poor Yorkie looks like it will be trouble for him at Sunderland now.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 06:25:57 PM »
Keane took long b4 he say what we all knew dat he get d 1yr is because he taught he was RETIREDDDDDDD. Yorke c we deep number 2 and try 2 help we out. Even back in 06 when he was not retired he eh play 2 games back 2 back 4 we.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 06:36:05 PM »
Something has to give. Dwight has to clarify the air. He can't have it both ways.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 06:43:48 PM »
Keane eh make dat story up. So Dwight eh have nutten 2 say

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 06:47:02 PM »
anyone know how Noreiga is doing and if TTFF had insurance for him?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 06:54:12 PM »
Yorke is the man that is causin the problem here, he said he retired from international ball , it was made public as far as i know ,he made an agreement with Keane and now he is sayin something else to the T&T media .It int supprize me that the Trinbago players dont have insurance and yet ah sure 95% of them still eint join FPATT yet .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 07:59:52 PM »
Noriega d man who peeps on dis site had 2 bathe because he was left high and try in d US. Insurance yeah he insure he car

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 08:14:38 PM »
Dat eh news Clayton Morris talk bout dat long time and he say dat they sort it out. So I guess dey eh insuring

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 08:57:21 PM »
Look how it take ah man from quite friggin England tuh loud up TTFF and dey assness
and i feel he go be lashin jack every time he name come up

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 08:59:45 PM »
He should lash him at evry chance. I sure after Clayton and dem retire d insurance must b retire wit dem.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 09:36:31 PM »
We should write Keene ah letter and really let him know what size Clown Jack really is lol ,give him lots more ammo to use in his next meeting with the press  ;)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 09:51:31 PM »
Just send him a link 2 this site nuff ammo here

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 10:52:44 PM »
Noriega d man who peeps on dis site had 2 bathe because he was left high and try in d US. Insurance yeah he insure he car
and there are other players, Roy

Keane may be on to something here ;D
with enough straw, one can break the camel's back
GO ROY ;)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 10:55:13 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008, 11:32:20 PM »
The TAFA first came up with an insurance fund way back in 1932

http://www.ttfootballhistory.com/node/1077

Since then I don't know what's happened, but with the current administration I'm sure it's not much of anything.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2008, 01:55:03 AM »
tbf T&T are far from alone in that one.

The 2 day travel back is likely to be the next thing brought up.

Kenwyns wages for 5 months is probably around £500,000 plus the medical bill which isn't going to be cheap.

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2008, 02:46:14 AM »
the sad thing about all this is it may have a negative impact on the T&T players who want to sign contracts because some clubs might think twice about signing if they going up for national duty all the time and not insured and then the club end up having to foot the bill as in in KJ's case  :-\

Now not only we know the assness going on but the whole world know now!!!

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2008, 04:01:44 AM »
ent we want de ASSNESS in de TTFF to stop?? i say leh de whole world know. maybe things will change now that de TTFF under international exposure.
If...
chief justice ivor archie say so
ex-chief justice sharma say so
law assoc pres martin daly say so
transpareny institute say so
Ken Gordon say so
jones p say so....then is so!!!

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2008, 06:30:08 AM »
Thank you Roy Keane. Please dont stop now. If the world wont listen to us minnions it would surely listen to you. Let the world know what Clowns we have running our football in T&T.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2008, 07:05:23 AM »
Thank you Roy Keane. Please dont stop now. If the world wont listen to us minnions it would surely listen to you. Let the world know what Clowns we have running our football in T&T.
The very fact that Jack Ass is a FIFA VP and he does not properly provide for the TnT players is a CLEAR indication, to me, that he is a money grabbing shit snake.
He does not care about TnT Football players..........just the money they afford him.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 07:52:38 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2008, 07:51:33 AM »
its OK  for Keane to blast jack,but calling our best player ever ah clown that is disrespectful,for Keane sake i wish sunderland get demotad ed :devil:

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2008, 08:10:20 AM »
Rico ,YORKE look for that because he dont know what he is  standin for and some body have to tell him he cant eat his cake and still have it, want to bet he eh do that bullshit again . He have nuttin to get playin for Trinbago this stage in his kahrear .

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 08:13:29 AM »
Rico ,YORKE look for that because he dont know what he is  standin for and some body have to tell him he cant eat his cake and still have it, want to bet he eh do that bullshit again . He have nuttin to get playin for Trinbago this stage in his kahrear .

You know, i never understand that saying.. "you can't have your cake and eat it".

ah mean everytime i get cake i does eat it too. Anybody know what that mean?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2008, 08:18:56 AM »

You know, i never understand that saying.. "you can't have your cake and eat it".

ah mean everytime i get cake i does eat it too. Anybody know what that mean?
That's because the wrong version is the most used version. The actual saying is "you can't EAT your cake and have it too," like zuluwarrior say it. But almost nobody seems to know that.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 08:25:16 AM by Monkey Genius »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2008, 08:22:40 AM »
If he sign DY because he taught he had retire so d fact dat he in d midst of dis nonesense he have a right 2 call d man a clown because a double minded man is unstable in all his ways

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2008, 08:51:53 AM »
Genius yuh right your way is the correct way to say it .

1]; } ?>