April 29, 2024, 10:37:48 AM

Author Topic: Trinis in Action (Sept 13)  (Read 5462 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trinis in Action (Sept 13)
« on: September 13, 2008, 08:23:20 AM »
Europe
PlayerTeamOpponentResultNotes
Austin, KevinChesterfieldDag & Red0-3Full game
Boucaud, AndreKettering TownYork4-2Full game, assist 65'
Cox, IanMaidstone UnitedTooting & Mitcham2-1
Edwards, CarlosSunderlandWigan1-1Not selected
Ince, ClaytonWalsallBristol Rovers3-1Full game, 60'
Johnson, JoshRhyl FCHaverfordwest2-0Started, 75'
Latapy, RussellFalkirkHearts2-1Bench, did not play
Lawrence, DennisSwansea CityCrystal Palace0-2Not selected
Roberts, DarrylDenizlispor KulübüKonyaspor1-1Full game
Samuel, CollinSt. JohnstoneRoss County2-1Started, 29', 47', 68'
Scotland, JasonSwansea CityCrystal Palace0-2Started, 83'
Shakes, RickyEbbsfleet UnitedWrexham2-3Started, 55'
Yorke, DwightSunderlandWigan1-1Not selected

North America
James, JuliusToronto FCColumbus Crew1-1Full game
Patterson, RandiCharleston BatteryMinnesota Timberwolves0-4
Sancho, BrentAtlanta SilverbacksSeattle Sounders1-1Full game
Sealy, ScottSan Jose EarthquakesHouston Dynamo1-1Full game
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 08:41:34 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trinis in Action (Sept 13)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 08:35:40 AM »
Edwards, CarlosSunderlandWiganNot selected
Yorke, DwightSunderlandWiganNot selected

wow, as expected, yorke and carlos get salt.....
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 08:37:57 AM by Tallman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 08:38:33 AM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 08:44:09 AM »
Well done Samuel.  Would be nice to have him on the left and Keon in the attacking mid.  But I guess he needs to change his name to Glenroy first

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 09:10:29 AM »
keane force Yorke to come back and  he not even on the bench? Now this is a vindictive man !!!! Lewwe see what Jack do now.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 09:30:06 AM »
keane force Yorke to come back and  he not even on the bench? Now this is a vindictive man !!!! Lewwe see what Jack do now.

How is that Vindictive? Yorke on a milli and has to be there if the bossman say so. Yorke wants to be a coach and as such he needs to be there evrytime for the team whether he play or not.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 09:35:05 AM »
If your boss find out you sneak away from work to go and play pool. He call yuh, cuss yuh out and tell yuh come back to work at once. Yuh boss is de one who wrong? Really? Or you just vex yuh pool game get break up?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 09:36:43 AM »
congrats glenroy
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 10:03:50 AM »
Sealy, ScottSan Jose EarthquakesHouston Dynamo

I'll be at this game today.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 10:11:56 AM »

How is that Vindictive? Yorke on a milli and has to be there if the bossman say so. Yorke wants to be a coach and as such he needs to be there evrytime for the team whether he play or not.

Yorke is crazy yes.  He breached his contract.  He cant go back and fort, signing a contract based that he retired from international football, then expect to not be in trouble.  He's messing with a million dollar business in a EPL team.  He's sooo lucky he didnt get fired

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 10:18:51 AM »

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 10:50:43 AM »
i couldn't find the islanders vs rhinos thread (was there one) but jagdeosingh scored the first goal last night in a 2-0 victory over the rhinos.  tiger fitzpatrick played last night for the rhinos as well.   islanders are in good form, i am backing them to win it all this year.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 10:52:13 AM »
Congats to Colin  :beermug:..It seems he is playing better now..I would like to see this game.....Hopefully Maturana is aware of this...

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 10:54:48 AM »
Congats to Colin  :beermug:..It seems he is playing better now..I would like to see this game.....Hopefully Maturana is aware of this...

Maturana is ah old fart.  Cant get over the fact Collin blank him over the jamaica game.  Another reason we need a new coach

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2008, 10:58:13 AM »

Maturana is ah old fart.  Cant get over the fact Collin blank him over the jamaica game.  Another reason we need a new coach

Yeh Babalawo! but de man still at de helm and it looks like the TTFF still have faith in him..so what else can we do, but hope that he takes (the die hard football fans) our advice...am waiting patiently to see what team he select to go Guatemala

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2008, 11:13:37 AM »

How is not vindictive?

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2008, 11:58:57 AM »

Yorke is crazy yes.  He breached his contract.  He cant go back and fort, signing a contract based that he retired from international football, then expect to not be in trouble.  He's messing with a million dollar business in a EPL team.  He's sooo lucky he didnt get fired

Fellas i must be miss something.Does Yorke contract say he must not play international ball again? If so he is in breach of contract and Keane right if not you tell me if you demand a man come back from international duty it is obvious yuh have plans to play him and he ain't even make your bench and that is not vindictiveness?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 01:20:19 PM by royal »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2008, 12:04:31 PM »

Fellas i must be miss something.Does Yorke contract say he must not play international ball again? If so he is in breach of contract and keen right if not you tell me if you demand a man come back from international duty it is obvious yuh have plans to play him and he ain't even make your bench and that is not vindictiveness?
Yes. Part of de agreement when Yorke sign his new contract was that he was done with international ball. Next ting Keane watching TV seeing him get kick up from Guatemalans. He must tell de man bring he ass home.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2008, 01:01:24 PM »

Fellas i must be miss something.Does Yorke contract say he must not play international ball again? If so he is in breach of contract and keen right if not you tell me if you demand a man come back from international duty it is obvious yuh have plans to play him and he ain't even make your bench and that is not vindictiveness?
Yes. Part of de agreement when Yorke sign his new contract was that he was done with international ball. Next ting Keane watching TV seeing him get kick up from Guatemalans. He must tell de man bring he ass home.
VERY GOOD point there
if it was me I would have done the same.......get ya arse back to Sunderland YESTERDAY or sooner  ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2008, 01:10:37 PM »

VERY GOOD point there
if it was me I would have done the same.......get ya arse back to Sunderland YESTERDAY or sooner  ;)

How is this a good point?

Are any of you privy to Yorke's contract? 

For all I know, Yorke and Keane was sitting down over a pint of Stella and Yorke say, 'nah, i done with them i eh able with de international ball.'  Could have been a gentleman's agreement yes, but nothing suggests that it is a written provision in his contract that has been breached.

Keane explicitly says, "i would not have given him the contract if he wasn't retired", he never said "his contract says he cannot represent his country".

There is a very big distinction there, don't get it twisted.

Yorke's fault nonetheless, but no contract get breach here.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2008, 01:17:29 PM »
VERY GOOD point there
For all I know, Yorke and Keane was sitting down over a pint of Stella and Yorke say, 'nah, i done with them i eh able with de international ball.'  Could have been a gentleman's agreement yes, but nothing suggests that it is a written provision in his contract that has been breached.
Keane explicitly says, "i would not have given him the contract if he wasn't retired", he never said "his contract says he cannot represent his country".
Yes Counselor, that is a very good point that you bring up there.
as I said
"if it was me I would have done the same"
or to word it another way "I would have spcifically had a sub paragraph in his contract"
I would have been very concerned for Dwight when he got hurt...and as the commentators said that he was on the ground for a long time which was not like Dwight to stay down so long.
I doubt that TTFF Players are covered by any type of health insurance.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 01:23:14 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2008, 01:28:56 PM »

VERY GOOD point there

Me eh know if it in print or not, but verbal agreements still count as contracts. Ask de WC players.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2008, 01:34:00 PM »

VERY GOOD point there

Me eh know if it in print or not, but verbal agreements still count as contracts. Ask de WC players.
BADABING BADABOOOOOOM
NICE one
No wonder you chose that nickname ;)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 01:38:07 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2008, 01:43:25 PM »

BADABING BADABOOOOOOM
NICE one
No wonder you choose that nickname ;)

Westcoast, when you ready to stop acting like some mini skirt cheerleader on de sidelines and add something fruitful to the discussion, let us know. Until then ease us up on the useless posts.

Monkey G, still nothing suggests that the discussion was a verbal contract per se. The way I interpret it following the whole process is that they sat down to have a chat about his future at the club and his ability to play another year in the league.

They spoke about several things, among those his health, fitness, ability to go for another year, influence in the dressing room and future ambition at the club. Remember as well that Yorke was considering an offer in the A league so is not like he was begging Keane for an extension. Among the things discussed would have been the fact that Yorke is retired.

Keane would then walk away from the discussion and factor in these things into deciding to offer him another year. He could have gotten injured, his skills could have waned and also he could have changed his mind regarding his international availability. Those were the risks involved. Just as easily, if Yorke got injured Keane could have said, "I would not have offered him another year if I knew he would break down".

There is no written or verbal contract that can be enforced to prevent a player representing his country against his will.

Like I said this is how I interpret it and I could be wrong, but imo it was a factor of consideration as opposed to a mandate.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2008, 02:01:53 PM »
I must let you know that in europe verbal statement with a hand shake is just as valid as a signature.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2008, 02:06:01 PM »
Thanks Samuel it safe 2 say dat is yuh surname. Maybe we can get d airlines 2 issue tickets in first or surname. So if dey sent a ticket for John Stern or Avery could come. So if dat wasd case when Samuel get d ticket Toronto would have released him.

As 4 d contract be it real or implied DY mess up but look at dis way yrs man say hewas not committed 2 we cause. He refute dat by captining we 2 WC 2006. Not 2 mention he get on d wrong side of Keane give dat man a klondike bar
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 02:06:29 PM »

BADABING BADABOOOOOOM
NICE one

Westcoast, when you ready to stop acting like some mini skirt cheerleader on de sidelines and add something fruitful to the discussion, let us know. Until then ease us up on the useless posts.

Monkey G, still nothing suggests that the discussion was a verbal contract per se. The way I interpret it following the whole process is that they sat down to have a chat about his future at the club and his ability to play another year in the league.

They spoke about several things, among those his health, fitness, ability to go for another year, influence in the dressing room and future ambition at the club. Remember as well that Yorke was considering an offer in the A league so is not like he was begging Keane for an extension. Among the things discussed would have been the fact that Yorke is retired.

Keane would then walk away from the discussion and factor in these things into deciding to offer him another year. He could have gotten injured, his skills could have waned and also he could have changed his mind regarding his international availability. Those were the risks involved. Just as easily, if Yorke got injured Keane could have said, "I would not have offered him another year if I knew he would break down".

There is no written or verbal contract that can be enforced to prevent a player representing his country against his will.

Like I said this is how I interpret it and I could be wrong, but imo it was a factor of consideration as opposed to a mandate.

De reason I think the agreement was a major point for Keane is because I think I remember him mentioning it as a condition back when Dwight signed the new deal. Doh ask mih to find where I see that, though. Me cyah remember.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2008, 02:58:30 PM »

BADABING BADABOOOOOOM
NICE one

just like you I have my opinion and if someone was to give an opinion that I agree with, rest assured that I will NEVER check with you first if I could post my agreement.
it is amazing that you would know how to spell mini even if someone gave you the m and the n........
stay foccused man
have a great day
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 03:04:37 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2008, 03:08:30 PM »
just like you I have my opinion and if someone was to give an opinion that I agree with, rest assured that I will NEVER check with you first if I could post my agreement.
it is amazing that you would know how to spell mini even if someone gave you the m and the n........
stay foccused man
have a great day

where is it?  did i miss it?

where did you post YOUR opinion?

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2008, 03:32:21 PM »
stay foccused man
have a great day

where is it?  did i miss it?

where did you post YOUR opinion?
f**k you does TRY real hard to be annoying at times
oh well

and if I was Keane, I would cancel his Sunderland contract if he comes out of retirement.
Keane can do that,
he cant prevent him playing for TnT
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 06:47:54 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>