April 17, 2024, 11:56:38 PM

Author Topic: Kenwyne starts running again.  (Read 5239 times)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne starts running again.
« on: September 13, 2008, 07:01:42 PM »
Kenwyne starts running again...
Targets early October return.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago striker Kenwyne Jones is set to enter the final phase of his recovery process as he returns to the training field to begin running again after undergoing surgery last month. Jones suffered the knee injury in the June 1 friendly international against England and the injury was feared to be major until further tests proved it wasn’t as bad as first thought.

Following meniscus surgery on August 4 it was determined that the big striker would be back in action in two months.
And he was all too pleased to announce his return to running mode on Sunday. As a matter of fact he is targeting an October 4 return to playing action or by the latest October 18. (Meniscus injuries are the most common knee injuries of all. The meniscus are two tough pieces of cartilage that rest between the thigh bone and the shin bone.)

“I’m starting to run again tomorrow and that’s a big relief because it’s been becoming frustrating having to sit it out over the past few weeks. But progress has gone well and my spirits are good at the moment” Jones told TTFF Media on Saturday.

“It’s been hard work all around. I went from having a bad injury to it scaling down to a meniscus surgery being done and I thank God for that. This means I could return much earlier than we feared at first.

“I haven’t had much rest because I have been doing a lot of weights, spinning (bike exercise) and swimming to strengthen the knee.”

Jones looked on as Sunderland drew 1-1 with Wigan Athletic on Saturday with neither Dwight Yorke nor Carlos Edwards being included by Roy Keane.

The ex-Southampton and W Connection forward is trying to make a comeback by early October and if all goes well he’s not counting out the possibility of a return to the T&T National Team for World Cup qualifiers against Guatemala (October 11th) and USA (October 15th).

“I’m trying to get fit for October 18 but with determination and fingers crossed I’m also eying a return on October 4th. If it happens by the 4th then there’s the possibility that I can be available for the national team, ”Jones added. “He (Roy Keane) doesn’t have a fight with me and as of now I am keeping trust in the Almighty and once things go well then I hope to be there (for the qualifiers). I’m not going to put any pressure on returning for the qualifiers in October at the same time… if it happens, it happens”

Sunderland are home to Arsenal on October 4th and travel to Fulham on October 18. Asked for his take on T&T’s chances in the upcoming qualifiers, Jones remained confident that the “Soca Warriors” will advance to the final round and take it forward to South Africa from next February when the final phase kicks off.

“I think we have a perfectly good chance to advance. We need to stay positive and keep on working hard. I believe that we have the players to make it happen but it’s just a matter of getting it right in the preparations and playing the football with the right approach in the actual matches,” Jones concluded.

Jones clashes with England goalie David James.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 07:29:20 PM by Flex »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne starts running again... Targets early October return
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 07:03:31 PM »
The ex-Southampton and W Connection forward is trying to make a comeback by early October and if all goes well he’s not counting out the possibility of a return to the T&T National Team for World Cup qualifiers against Guatemala (October 11th) and USA (October 15th).

i wonder what Roy will say
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 07:12:10 PM »
Keane hoping dat we eh go need he
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne starts running again.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 07:35:01 PM »
what a conveniently timed update on KJ's availability for national duty.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 07:44:09 PM »

dont care if keane dont like it...One of the most desired part of an average player career is to represent his country, regardless of who is his boss or what club he plays for...hope de wannabe premier league gangsta dont ketch fits over this comment by Kenwyne
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 07:54:12 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 08:38:42 PM »

Just seeing this definitive photo of the clash for the first time... that potentially could have been really bad.  Glad he's on the mend.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 09:06:01 PM »

dont care if keane dont like it...One of the most desired part of an average player career is to represent his country, regardless of who is his boss or what club he plays for...hope de wannabe premier league gangsta dont ketch fits over this comment by Kenwyne

You drive my car and crash it, I have to pay to fix it you eh help me and never find out if I need help or what. You hear from ah pardna the car nearly fix it just waiting on the tires and you looking to take ah borrow. Talk about outta timing ting.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 09:26:08 PM »

You drive my car and crash it, I have to pay to fix it you eh help me and never find out if I need help or what. You hear from ah pardna the car nearly fix it just waiting on the tires and you looking to take ah borrow. Talk about outta timing ting.

Elan i understand your analysis..

but if i was to take what you said in consideration then this will be a no win situation for the warriors supporters and players, because of the TTFF .....so because the TTFF dont have their house in order regarding players insurance which leads to the club footing the bill, does that mean the club should rightfully demand our players not to represent us on FIFA international dates?..Does that also mean a player cant voice his enthusiasm to represent his country because his manager is unwilling to release him?....so basically we should just let our players club managers dictate when our players should play for us and ignore FIFA set dates and important international games because the clubs are footing their insurance.... A manager with Keane temperanent will bench a player after he rep his country on a FIFA date when Keane wanted him at the club....its a no win situation..but dont matter what aclub does or a coach says a player will always want to represent his country..especially when the mission is a WC mission
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 09:31:13 PM by Sando prince »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 09:28:58 PM »

Just seeing this definitive photo of the clash for the first time... that potentially could have been really bad.  Glad he's on the mend.
David c@cksukin james that batty h@le !!!!!! that pr!ck might just cost us ah trip to the WC.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 09:32:08 PM »
Coming to think of it , i think david jerkoff may have done that on purpose seing that we had an edge with
kj, plus KJ buss he net twice last season. i believe it was pay back time.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 11:34:22 PM »

but if i was to take what you said in consideration then this will be a no win situation for the warriors supporters and players, because of the TTFF .....so because the TTFF dont have their house in order regarding players insurance which leads to the club footing the bill, does that mean the club should rightfully demand our players not to represent us on FIFA international dates?..Does that also mean a player cant voice his enthusiasm to represent his country because his manager is unwilling to release him?....so basically we should just let our players club managers dictate when our players should play for us and ignore FIFA set dates and important international games because the clubs are footing their insurance.... A manager with Keane temperanent will bench a player after he rep his country on a FIFA date when Keane wanted him at the club....its a no win situation..but dont matter what aclub does or a coach says a player will always want to represent his country..especially when the mission is a WC mission

I thought FIFA set up some kind of insurance program - but I don't recall what it covers - just world cup finals or all qualifiers or what, but I am looking through these FIFA regs on release of Int'l players which may be way out of date (jan 2002) since the above took place. At that time clubs had to cover the player during release:

Article 37: 3  The club with which the summoned player is registered shall be responsible for his insurance cover against illness and accident during the entire period of his release including insurance for injury sustained in the international match (or matches) for which he has been released.

also:

1  Any club which releases a player pursuant to Art. 36 above shall not be entitled to financial compensation except that compensation agreed upon in the case of an extended period of release (cf. Art. 36, par. 5).

2  The national association summoning the player shall bear the costs of travel actually incurred by the player as a result of this summons.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 02:57:30 AM »
Good news, but it seems early to me, I hope he and the club are not rushing it and ends up regretting it.

This is an afterthought, I hope because of the Clown nonsense TTFF haven't realised an "off the record" conversation as it may cause Kenwyn hassle with the club.  Before anybody starts on about it, player statements are usually agreed by the club before realise.  All the signings that were made, none of the players commented when coming out on camera because they were told not to, as its always realised on the official site first, so its not a T&T thing or Kenwyn thing its just the way it is, as it is with nearly all prem clubs.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 03:19:00 AM by kev »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 05:15:22 AM »
Guidance in de recovery KJ ... doh study nutten!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 06:04:35 AM »

Roy keane speaks is mind ....
And let kenwyne stay put and start geting games under his belt ..  like if keane will play him before any of these the guatemala game   .........  we rush him back to play in the england game and look wha happen ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 08:18:50 AM »
No chance Keane letting him play in that Oct 4 match...but before Guatemala Jack will at least get him checked out by our doctors.
But chances are even if fit Maturana will leave him on the bench and play Wolfe anyways

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 08:35:08 AM »
No chance Keane letting him play in that Oct 4 match...but before Guatemala Jack will at least get him checked out by our doctors.
But chances are even if fit Maturana will leave him on the bench and play Wolfe anyways

:rotfl: :rotfl: oH arrow yuh does kill me Jones safe in true
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 08:49:20 AM »
This is a wake up call to all the parties involved,including us the fans and supporters,of players club and country and somewhere hoping that it arrives soon,we will not have to be dealing with such distractions while a very important campaign is in effect.He how wields the power calls the shots,we may not like the outcome but that's reality
Once in a while its great to see his loftiness Jack get smack down,we have to wonder what the long term effects would be as it relates to our players,who are playing in England and those who aspire to

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 09:14:10 AM »
Coming to think of it , i think david jerkoff may have done that on purpose seing that we had an edge with
kj, plus KJ buss he net twice last season. i believe it was pay back time.

not really
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2008, 09:17:59 AM »
All the best to You KJ on your return to the "Field of Battle"
my wish is that you come out with both guns blazin (I saw 3:10 to Yuma on the weekend  ;D )

Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2008, 09:23:34 AM »
KJ,don't be in any rush,just be mindful of the whole picture,youth is in your favor,its going be a cold day in hell if you jeopardise your future

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2008, 10:12:29 AM »
KJ,don't be in any rush,just be mindful of the whole picture,youth is in your favor,its going be a cold day in hell if you jeopardise your future

That's right!

There's always 2014 in Brazil. And you'll only be 29 then!

;D
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline BlackCat

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2008, 10:21:04 AM »
Kenwyne, Kenwyne, Kenwyne...

Can't wait to see KJ and Cisse up front.  The breaking pace will be immense.

Could destroy teams on the counter hmmmmm...

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2008, 10:36:11 AM »
We miss yuh dread, it is a blessing to see that it wasn’t as bad of an injury. God is good. Get stronger and build that leg, we go cross tha bridge with who yuh playing for etc etc after. Bless up. 
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2008, 10:47:11 AM »

There is a big difference between injury being clear and being match though, not being funny.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2008, 10:56:02 AM »
Kenwyne, Kenwyne, Kenwyne...

Can't wait to see KJ and Cisse up front.  The breaking pace will be immense.

Could destroy teams on the counter hmmmmm...
oy ya yoi
when the whole team is firing on ALL cylinders this will be combination to watch....is Goals Goals Goals
I see Cisse is on his way to grow a Sunderland mop ;D
what will it look like this time :D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2008, 11:55:07 AM »

There is a big difference between injury being clear and being match though, not being funny.

ok doctors, trainers and coaches.  don't worry we'll give him a run out against guyana 3 days before to get his match fitness up

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2008, 12:02:10 PM »

As fans we are secondary here. The primary concern should and must be the players who represent us on the field. If the federation don't seek the best interest of the players then by extension they are not concern with us either. Our primary concern is the player thereby we must support the players when the federation don't stand up to their duties. If we are okay with the federation not having their house in order and as a result the players are short changed, then my friend how much of a fan are we? In everything that happen in and around the team the majors concern must be with the players. After the England game we may have been out of pocket a few thousand dollars, we still head back to work and collect out pay check. What about KJ though? His livelihood is directly dependent on his ability to play and produce. When the TTFF don't secure KJ's ability (by having insurance, proper arrangements here and back, etc) then the player is being abused and we cannot be happy about such mistreatment.

I'm sorry, but I would rather not have a National team than for the players to be exploited.

p.s. Where were "our" doctors when KJ needed help?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2008, 12:11:04 PM »
I'm sorry, but I would rather not have a National team than for the players to be exploited.

Elan, this is my take
The team that the JACT (aka TTFF) picks is NOT a national team in the true sense
it is a their team and their team only
sure they say it is the team from TnT
it is not like say, the team that the TTOC puts together for the Olympics
which is chosen in an open and transparent way, most of the time.
Their tunnel vision in my opinion does not put the best Football team on the field.
and yes some players have been taken advantage of in the past and probably will be in the future.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 12:15:54 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2008, 12:22:18 PM »

As fans we are secondary here. The primary concern should and must be the players who represent us on the field. If the federation don't seek the best interest of the players then by extension they are not concern with us either. Our primary concern is the player thereby we must support the players when the federation don't stand up to their duties. If we are okay with the federation not having their house in order and as a result the players are short changed, then my friend how much of a fan are we? In everything that happen in and around the team the majors concern must be with the players. After the England game we may have been out of pocket a few thousand dollars, we still head back to work and collect out pay check. What about KJ though? His livelihood is directly dependent on his ability to play and produce. When the TTFF don't secure KJ's ability (by having insurance, proper arrangements here and back, etc) then the player is being abused and we cannot be happy about such mistreatment.

yeh but your argument took a different turn...cause the players still want to represent their country although the TTFF is not treating them the way they should...so if the players want to represent us and still possess the desire to proudly rep their country then who am i not to support their decision to continue the journey despite the TTFF bad administrative decions...but yes i agree with your argument that the fact the primary concern is the players on the field

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2008, 12:39:46 PM »

yeh but your argument took a different turn...cause the players still want to represent their country although the TTFF is not treating them the way they should...so if the players want to represent us and still possess the desire to proudly rep their country then who am i not to support their decision to continue the journey despite the TTFF bad administrative decions...but yes i agree with your argument that the fact the primary concern is the players on the field

And as it should be - the players wanting to represent our beloved twin island republic. Does that mean we should or continue exploiting them? Some for the love of country others as a means to and end. No matter what, our players have to be treated in a professional manner even when they (the players) do not act in a professional manner. Their interest must be protected. The TTFF and JW seek their interest first and foremost as shown by the treats to play home games away. FPATT try to seek the interest of the players and are not recognized by the TTFF. We must protect the players at all cost.

Take a read
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

1]; } ?>