April 16, 2024, 11:43:39 AM

Author Topic: Ex-TT footballers support Maturana.  (Read 6822 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Ex-TT footballers support Maturana.
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2008, 02:47:21 AM »
I am not going to join the chorus for him to be fired... I don't believe that to be any solution.  However that's still a far cry from saying that he has my support.

This is pretty much my stance. I don't think we have anything to gain by getting rid of him at this point : Jamaica jumped the gun and we are in a better position than they are .

However, someone has to sit down with Pacho (someone who could talk Spanish!) and hammer some serious sense into him. We don't need any great tactical acumen to get out of this group, but we definitely need common sense.

We will take care of the loose ends between the end of this round and the start of the Hex.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2008, 03:14:02 AM »
I am not going to join the chorus for him to be fired... I don't believe that to be any solution.  However that's still a far cry from saying that he has my support.

This is pretty much my stance. I don't think we have anything to gain by getting rid of him at this point : Jamaica jumped the gun and we are in a better position than they are .

However, someone has to sit down with Pacho (someone who could talk Spanish!) and hammer some serious sense into him. We don't need any great tactical acumen to get out of this group, but we definitely need common sense.

We will take care of the loose ends between the end of this round and the start of the Hex.
Buh ya Know, the question that I would like answered is this...
"If Mr. Maturana has so much experience leading a Football team, why is he acting the way he is?"

could it be the jokers in the JACT (aka TTFF et al)?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2008, 06:21:07 AM »
Watch how that same TT team go buss up Guatemala and Cuba and make the Hex.When dat happen den allyuh could come back to me and say sorry for all the nasty comments bout de coach.
I you want me to back my team to lose ,just to prove us rite   ::) ,jed I will let tuturana wha yall think- take we to the world cup if I though he could,we just know better.
Now write that in English for me please,I assume we still write in English in Trinidad,thanks.
After u been here for a long time yah go start understand better.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2008, 09:58:44 AM »

Agreed......I not happy with what going on regarding the latest performance, selection policy, etc, but it makes absolutely no sense to fire him at this stage. It will only serve to further de-stabilise the team. Lewwe hope somebody could knock some sense into his brain for now. After this semifinal group stage, then we could look to make those administrative decisions.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2008, 10:46:37 AM »
with All this I'm still asking for an explaination from Pancho and or Corneal

Ease meh heart with some chupid excuse nah... please

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2008, 12:03:11 PM »
Keep him 4 what 2 insure we eh make d hex. D man eh have a plan in english or spanish. He callin we most experience players disruptive. D solution is 2 fire d TTFF since dat cyah happen let dem boys run dey own drills and come up wit dey own strategy. It cyah b worse than what happening ahora.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2008, 12:22:27 PM »
Keep him 4 what 2 insure we eh make d hex. D man eh have a plan in english or spanish. He callin we most experience players disruptive. D solution is 2 fire d TTFF since dat cyah happen let dem boys run dey own drills and come up wit dey own strategy. It cyah b worse than what happening ahora.

You doh get tired ah repeating de same shit day in day out in different threads?

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2008, 12:32:44 PM »

You doh get tired ah repeating de same shit day in day out in different threads?

Well her name IS weary so of course she tired ;-)
And she was so from day 1 on this board, so it not going to stop her now  :rotfl:
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2008, 12:33:22 PM »
Ex-TT footballers support Maturana.
By Walter Alibey (Newsday).

But Haynes made it clear the coach cannot be blamed for the performance of the team. “He is not the one that plays the football,” said Haynes, a former national stand-out said but he criticised the players for playing without heart.

“The defenders and midfielders were in disarray in the game. They lacked confidence to go forward when they needed too and then tackle when it was called for,” claimed Haynes in a telephone interview on Friday. The former national captain in the 1960s and 70s also criticised the players for poor marking and allowing the Americans to play freely throughout the match.

Two conflicting statements. The coach is responsible for organizing the defense and midfield. Ex-footballers 'supporting' Maturana is a bit of a stretch of a headline.
Hart for president

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2008, 12:33:46 PM »
Same shit from u is ok. Easy solution when u c any post from me ignore.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2008, 12:41:43 PM »
Same shit from u is ok. Easy solution when u c any post from me ignore.

I try, but as omnipresent as you are the task becomes sisyphean at times.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2008, 12:47:21 PM »
Well if at 1st, 2nd or 3rd u don't succeed try again. Keep tryin doh give up keep at it

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2008, 01:53:27 PM »
all dat shit buggy talk on a long distance call ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>