March 28, 2024, 04:08:09 PM

Author Topic: Warner on warpath over Yorke's recall to Sunderland.  (Read 7649 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Warner on warpath over Yorke's recall to Sunderland.
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2008, 09:55:25 AM »
Which other premier league team have T&T ballers on it? Long time I eh follow the prem, so someone in the know enlighten please nah.
eh heh
some peeps should thank gawd for their lot in life, but no, Jack Ass causing trouble for we players
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 09:57:24 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2008, 09:57:21 AM »
Awrite,so he just doesn't know when to shut up but he is correct about Keene in everything that he said.What Keene did was victimization at the highest level and if TT does not get to the Hex ,we can safely say that it was Keene's action that caused it.You just have to read Cyd Gray's comment about how they felt without their father figure,surely Dwight would have picked them up after that sloppy first goal.In the second half we competed equally,I am left wondering the difference Dwight would have made,if its anyone with small man syndrome its Roy Keene who is always looking for a fight...since his footballing days.

How many previous games did Yorke play with the team to become a father figure?

I guess he is yuh uncle does still work nowadays.  ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2008, 10:00:26 AM »
Warner on warpath over Yorke's recall to Sunderland.
By: Kern De Freitas (Express).

NEVER AGAIN

It won't happen again.

That is the promise FIFA vice-president Jack Warner is making to Trinidad and Tobago after national captain Dwight Yorke missed T&T's CONCACAF World Cup qualifier away to the USA last Wednesday, having been recalled to English club Sunderland.

Warner has been involved in a war of words with Sunderland manager Roy Keane ever since and it has been reported that the former Manchester United midfielder responded by referring to both Warner and Yorke as "clowns".

Warner, the T&T Football Federation special adviser, described Keane as having a "mean streak", as well as being "callous" and "insensitive" to small countries like Trinidad and Tobago.

"Mr Keane was deliberately mischievous," Warner said yesterday during a press conference at the CONCACAF office in Port of Spain, called to object to the appointment of Israel Khan SC to the Commission of Inquiry into the Udecott affair.

"He (Keane) knew full well he wasn't going to play Dwight Yorke. He didn't even take him to Wigan," for Sunderland's Premiership match on Saturday, which ended in a 1-1 draw. Warner also slammed Keane for what he said was typical behaviour for the Irishman.

"He took [Yorke] from Trinidad knowing full well (that Yorke would not play) because that is the nature of Mr Keane. Mr Keane is the guy who broke a player's leg and said he did it deliberately. That's his claim to fame."

The CONCACAF head assured his audience that such a situation would not be repeated.

"...I am not surprised (by Keane's behaviour)... I'll tell you one thing, I'll tell you today it wouldn't happen again. If this country wants a player and the player wants to play, my colleagues and friends, the player will play. We gave in easily, possibly my fault, and we paid the price for it in the US (qualifier)."

Warner also pointed out that although advised by colleagues to take action over Keane's comments within FIFA, he would not do so due to concerns that the other T&T/Sunderland players-Carlos Edwards and Kenwyne Jones-might be victimised as a result.

The Chaguanas West MP also blasted the Government for what he claimed was a lack of financial support for the "Soca Warriors", saying T&T will qualify for the South Africa 2010 World Cup in spite of it.

"I want to end by telling you that we will qualify for South Africa, even though we haven't received a nickel from the Government to date," he indicated. "...We shall still qualify. Don't let your heart be troubled."

Seriously guys. Those of you who saw the game against Guatemala in the HCS and then see us play USA in Chi-town do you think we can go to Guatemala and beat  or tie Guatemala? If you had to judge by the Guatemala game only?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2008, 10:39:33 AM »
I also could expect a cyber bottle but Trinidad and Tobago National Football team needs to start of think of football after Dwight Yorke.
from that last game we can clearly see that neither Theobald nor Telesford foot big enough tuh fill dem shoes
If neither de headcoach nor his assistant can see that then de National team in trouble.
And whats that about Cyd's inability to motivate de team??

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2008, 10:44:07 AM »
I agree with Jack here, Keane cost us a guaranteed 3 points against the US last week
[/quote]

Yuh being sarcastic, right? Please tell me so.  Guaranteed 3 points?  Come on now.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2008, 12:27:28 PM »
So who cause we d 2 pts from d home game v Guatemala
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2008, 12:27:34 PM »
Jack only deflecting blame and attention from the real issue at hand - Why our national team is performing understrengthed and underachieving.
Hart for president

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2008, 12:30:54 PM »
I want to end by telling you that we will qualify for South Africa, even though we haven't received a nickel from the Government to date," he indicated. "...We shall still qualify. Don't let your heart be troubled."

From this quote and guarantee promise. I could take a couple accusations.

1. He spoke to thee clown coach and told him to call back all thee players that can really help this team.

2. He threaten Maturana that if he lose the next game he will be fired.

3. He payed off a couple people fuh we to qualify.

By what he's saying something has got to change, either thee coach or new players coming in. We shall see.  

oh yeah and

4. He bringing back Benie!   ;D   
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 12:33:17 PM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2008, 12:32:11 PM »

I can understand it from Keane's perspective if that was part of his contract extension dicussions and if it was Dwight shouldn't of agreed to it if he still wanted to turn out for T&T.  The fact that Sunderland won't use him a lot this season unless there is a lot of injuries was probably known when the extension was agreed. 

If it wasn't discussed when he got another year then Keane has nothing to complain about, the only excuse he could have for pulling him out is that he wasn't a 100% fit, which he is entitled to do. 

If Keane is so hung up on such a mythical contract provision then why didn't he write it into the contract?

Here are two clues:  a) it would be unenforceable; b) Sunderland would have been fined up the ass by FIFA

Yeah well, sarcasm is difficult to detect on this forum...especially when you're used to reading stupid statement after stupid statement...

Maybe you should stop reading your own posts then.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2008, 02:06:22 PM »

I can understand it from Keane's perspective if that was part of his contract extension dicussions and if it was Dwight shouldn't of agreed to it if he still wanted to turn out for T&T.  The fact that Sunderland won't use him a lot this season unless there is a lot of injuries was probably known when the extension was agreed. 

If it wasn't discussed when he got another year then Keane has nothing to complain about, the only excuse he could have for pulling him out is that he wasn't a 100% fit, which he is entitled to do. 

If Keane is so hung up on such a mythical contract provision then why didn't he write it into the contract?

Here are two clues:  a) it would be unenforceable; b) Sunderland would have been fined up the ass by FIFA

Yeah well, sarcasm is difficult to detect on this forum...especially when you're used to reading stupid statement after stupid statement...

If thats the case why didn't he just report Sunderland to FIFA, if as you say T&T had an absolute cast iron no lose case, possibly of what might of come out in the wash.  Doesn't bother me either way as I said previously Dwight was never going to be involved at Wigan, check the posts before the clown business came out you will find I said the same thing then.

Its very strange that Dwight hasn't said a thing during all of this.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2008, 03:17:33 PM »

If thats the case why didn't he just report Sunderland to FIFA, if as you say T&T had an absolute cast iron no lose case, possibly of what might of come out in the wash.  Doesn't bother me either way as I said previously Dwight was never going to be involved at Wigan, check the posts before the clown business came out you will find I said the same thing then.

What about the part of respecting the wishes of the player do you NOT understand? 

Clearly ultimately this was Yorke's call... going to FIFA, as much as it would have won the battle with Keane would have lost the war for everyone...souring Yorke's situation at Sunderland, public reprimand of Sunderland by FIFA... and in the end Yorke could have simply not play for TnT.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2008, 03:25:51 PM »
steups...I just dam fed up....but ah goh say dis before ah leave dis thread, another poster alluded to it...

WHEY DE MONEY JACK??!!!...WHEY DE MONEY??!!!....Gov't eh help yet cuz WHEY DE MONEY FROM 2006??!!

Yuh think we forget eh Jack in all de WCQ/Dwight/Keane/clown bachanal....yuh feel we forget eh??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2008, 03:25:59 PM »
Dwight needs to clear the the air on this situation.!!!!!! I don't think this comedy of errors over. Wait and see when KJ starts to play and the rest of the WC games comes up. We will see who has the most testicular whatever it is.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2008, 07:31:57 PM »
What Keene did was victimization at the highest level and if TT does not get to the Hex ,we can safely say that it was Keene's action that caused it.

I suppose, the blacklist, the player dispute, the dubious selection policy and a incompetent coach won't have nothing to do with it, right?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2008, 12:41:51 AM »

What about the part of respecting the wishes of the player do you NOT understand? 

Clearly ultimately this was Yorke's call... going to FIFA, as much as it would have won the battle with Keane would have lost the war for everyone...souring Yorke's situation at Sunderland, public reprimand of Sunderland by FIFA... and in the end Yorke could have simply not play for TnT.

How about you take a step back and think about it.

How about the conversation went something like this in the summer.

Keane
Here Dwight a years contract worth somewhere between £500,000 to £1,000,000, you deserve it, I want you around the dressing room, play when needed but if I sign the players I want you are not going to be playing much.  The owners are a bit worried about your age, how much you will and jetting off for T&T.  So if you want to play for T&T then I cannot give you a contract, your choice.

Dwight
OK then, no I am not going to play for T&T, where do I sign.

This even after his unfortunate comments about Australia and money. 

As you quite rightly point out, the club can't put it in a contract, but could have made the decision based on a similar converstaion to the above.  If Dwight had of said yes I am going to play for T&T or even I don't know I might this argument may never of happened because he might never of been a Sunderland player this season.  Is it really that hard to see.

You are also ignoring the fact he can't play for 90 minutes let alone 2 games in 3/4 days on top of all the travelling, aswell as carrying an injury. 

Now the choices are fairly few and simple.

1.  Keane didn't have that conservation with Dwight and therefore has no grounds for complaint other than age or injury.

2. They did have the conversation and Dwight said he was going to play / might play and was given the contract anyway - in which case the above comment applies.

3. Dwight said he wasn't going to play and was given the contract and changed his mind.

I haven't got a clue which one it is but one of the above happened, have you? 

I understand perfectly respecting the players wishes, I would have the utmost respect if Dwight choose number 3 above to not have a contract in order to play for T&T.  However if that was the case the player should have enough about him to honour the decision made and stick by his word.

If Dwight did choose 3 above do you think it is right he should just turn around and change his mind?  Can't have it both ways.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2008, 02:36:49 AM »
What Keene did was victimization at the highest level and if TT does not get to the Hex ,we can safely say that it was Keene's action that caused it.

I suppose, the blacklist, the player dispute, the dubious selection policy and a incompetent coach won't have nothing to do with it, right?
of course not
Damn you Keane
ya colonialist pig
 ;D
Arrow, how was that? :D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>