March 29, 2024, 02:09:19 AM

Author Topic: Warner to reveal corruption in Sports Ministry.  (Read 12516 times)

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner to reveal corruption in Sports Ministry.
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2008, 08:17:46 PM »
That is what you call big brass balls.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2008, 08:25:28 PM »
Well ah miss d news so nobody eh hear bout d corruption
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2008, 08:29:30 PM »
Doh worry CLOWN PRINCE your turn commin and yuh cant get away from it believe that .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2008, 09:23:28 PM »
Chaguanas West MP Jack Warner has alleged that the Sports Company of T&T has spent more than $250 million for the construction of facilities in the country, but there is nothing to show for it.

So disgusted was Warner about the white elephants, he has despatched an urgent letter to Prime Minister Patrick Manning seeking his assistance in having the facilities completed.

Warner, who is Special Advisor of the TT Football Federation and vice president of FIFA, pointed out in a letter to Manning that numerous projects initiated by the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs have either ground to a halt in many instances or have been proceeding at a snail’s pace in others.

“It is in the national interest as an MP, and in accordance with the Westminster tradition, that I feel compelled to bring to your attention the current choatic situation with regard to the administration of sport and which situation demands your urgent intervention,” Warner’s letter stated in part.

“You will recall, Honourable Prime Minister, that I first raised such concerns in the House of Representatives on September 12th instant but the situation further demands that I address same to you via this medium.

“Where the projects have been stopped, those sites have become eyesores with overgrown grass and wild foliage being rampant, and where they have been proceeding at funeral pace the materials deposited at those sites have been disappearing.

“In such a calamitous situation, as I have outlined, you will surely agree that the contractors involved in those projects should have been called upon to account for such wanton wastage and misuse of public funds. The inertia of the contractors is a major source of frustration for the sport administrators, officials and youths whom we are daily encouraging to adopt a healthy lifestyle.”

Warner also pointed out to the Prime Minister that he made reference not only to projects which are located in his constituency but also to those around the country as in the case of the proposed Indoor Facility at Malabar.
Warner cries foul with sports facilities
http://guardian.co.tt/sports4.html

To substantiate his claims, Warner enclosed photographs of the choatic situation at the Sangre Grande Youth Sport Facility on Ojoe Road, the Brian Lara Facility in Santa Cruz, the Damarie Hill Recreation ground, the Maracas Recreational Facility, the Mt St Benedict’s Tennis Courts, the Arima Youth Sports Facility on Dindial Road and the Paramin and Cocorite Recreation Grounds.

He also advised that the Sports Company of TT (SPORTT), which to date spent well over $250 million, has decided to relocate itself from the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva where it had been located from inception at no cost to the public purse, to Spetakula Promotions Building on Henry Street in Port of Spain at a monthly rental of $248,700, for which they already paid four months rent in advance.

Warner stated that he was also advised that the MInistry of Sport also intends to execute repairs to the property well in excess of half a million dollars.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2008, 09:42:49 PM »
Dat is d corruption come again JW
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2008, 09:50:26 PM »
Some ah dem names take mih back tuh mih primary school days boy.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2008, 10:04:00 PM »
Well you know thee deal, anywhere you have material laying down fuh to long ah man who squatting go come and handle he business and build ah house off ah that. Small thing write it off on alyuh taxes. One man’s lost is another man’s gain.  ;D

What I don’t understand is they are spending or wasting “$250 million for the construction of facilities in the country, but there is nothing to show for it.” Is correct!  Where is the money to develop our younger athletes in the villages? Facilities is a good start, but there is a need for football programs in every area such as coaching schools etc. This will help groom the youths at a very young age of playing the game proper or the professionalism of the sport and discipline.  This will also assist with us heading to qualify for future WC. This will also bring a confidence in our players from a very young age. That is what the Government should invest in not sporting facilities with bad management not able to complete the task.

This kinda reminds me of an article I read about, the Air port sandal where there was a certain amount of funds put aside for the building  the Airport, but something fishee went down and monie’s were stolen not allowing the Airport to be fully completed etc. Why is it always corruption in our Government???
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 10:19:52 PM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2008, 10:14:24 PM »
JW talkin he usual nonesense SPORTT has spent lots of funds on infrastructure. Every field light up like is divali and xmas. Is it not d responsibility of d associations 2 develop dey sport. Even LP get funds 4 development

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2008, 10:18:05 PM »
There is no bigger "white elephant" than the TTFF.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2008, 06:40:53 AM »
Warner to reveal corruption in Sports Ministry.
T&T Guardian Reports.

By noon today the public will be informed of corruption in the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs. After submitting a letter to Prime Minister Patrick Manning, Fifa vice president Jack Warner will send out to media houses a list of all corrupt practices in the Ministry of Sport.

“I shall make it clear to the public after delivering a letter to the Prime Minister of corrupt acts in the Ministry of Sports,” said Warner yesterday at a press conference at Concacaf Office at the corner of St Vincent and Oxford Streets in Port-of-Spain.

“I will be providing pictures, figures and contractors to expose the corrupt acts going on in the ministry.”

“Government money is being mismanaged,” said Warner, who is also special advisor to the T&T Football Federation.

“I will present proof of contracts being given out to certain contractors.”

Warner will also expose discrepancies in other projects, including the Brian Lara Sporting Complex in Santa Cruz and the Brian Lara Stadium in Tarouba.

“Nobody should defile the Brian Lara name like that,” he said. (GT)

JW probably vex that somebody more corruptible than he and getting away with it ;D

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2008, 07:24:49 AM »
The thing here is JW/TTFF takes a lot of licks on this site and that's understandable while a lot more goes with Sports in the country and we turn our backs/blind eye to it,everybody involved in corruption and taking advantage of the average citizens in the country,it's easy to play the blame game and not be accountable.

Facilities and improving our infrastructure is just as important as developing our young athletes,programs etc etc i've been home and yes every where i go those recreation areas/fields have lights but do they have grass,do they have goals,are those fields marked,the lights come on and go off remotely very rear kids get out to play,nothing goes on except may be on weekends,small goal kills the grass because they play on one spot all the time.I can talk about Lara Complex in Santa Cruz that's where i am any time i'm home,it's an eye sore in the area,that's where we all grew up(so sad),that's where i did my Caps/Clinics when i'm home.   

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2008, 07:58:59 AM »
Coop's...I know the whole country corrupt and all the politicians doing their thing and all the big businesses getting their kickbacks etc.

But I don't think that ANYBODY else, is as boldface with it as Jack. And that is the main problem with him. He just boldface, wicked and vindictive with it.

At least the Sports Ministry hiding behind the fact that they building facilities to help the community. but not Jack. He just like to show he could do what he want and he untouchable.

Jack just decide to give the soca warriors less than $5000 TT for a World Cup Campaign, for what good reason?
Jack give us the "ticket or leave it" Simpaul's campaign for the benefit of who, besides himself?

Vidia S. Naipaul wrote somewhere that in Trinidad we tend to glorify the "smart man"(conman) and applaud him for getting away with a scheme and say "yeah, i get catch eh, but that man real good". Thinking about it, i realise it is true to an extent.

But...jack is not a smart man (anymore), he is a bully now. He just openly doing his thing and nobody can't do him anything, and if anybody stand up to the bully he hold u in mind for payback. That is why he gets more licks than others.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2008, 08:14:59 AM »
Coop's...I know the whole country corrupt and all the politicians doing their thing and all the big businesses getting their kickbacks etc.

But I don't think that ANYBODY else, is as boldface with it as Jack. And that is the main problem with him. He just boldface, wicked and vindictive with it.

At least the Sports Ministry hiding behind the fact that they building facilities to help the community. but not Jack. He just like to show he could do what he want and he untouchable.

Jack just decide to give the soca warriors less than $5000 TT for a World Cup Campaign, for what good reason?
Jack give us the "ticket or leave it" Simpaul's campaign for the benefit of who, besides himself?

Vidia S. Naipaul wrote somewhere that in Trinidad we tend to glorify the "smart man"(conman) and applaud him for getting away with a scheme and say "yeah, i get catch eh, but that man real good". Thinking about it, i realise it is true to an extent.

But...jack is not a smart man (anymore), he is a bully now. He just openly doing his thing and nobody can't do him anything, and if anybody stand up to the bully he hold u in mind for payback. That is why he gets more licks than others.
what about this theory:
back in the day most government/private company workers were not paid very well so when ever they did work for someone those opeople would give them an incentive to get the job done and/or when someone needed some work to be done they would give them an incentive to have them do their job first.
This lead to what we know now as bribes....paying extra money to get work done.
It sometimes becomes a game for people back home who want something done to pay that bribe and it has turned into a contest of sorts.
so as you say the "Smart men" in trinidad get elevated to hero like status when they are able to "stick it to the man"
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 01:25:36 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2008, 08:40:10 AM »
The thing here is JW/TTFF takes a lot of licks on this site and that's understandable while a lot more goes with Sports in the country and we turn our backs/blind eye to it,everybody involved in corruption and taking advantage of the average citizens in the country,it's easy to play the blame game and not be accountable.

Facilities and improving our infrastructure is just as important as developing our young athletes,programs etc etc i've been home and yes every where i go those recreation areas/fields have lights but do they have grass,do they have goals,are those fields marked,the lights come on and go off remotely very rear kids get out to play,nothing goes on except may be on weekends,small goal kills the grass because they play on one spot all the time.I can talk about Lara Complex in Santa Cruz that's where i am any time i'm home,it's an eye sore in the area,that's where we all grew up(so sad),that's where i did my Caps/Clinics when i'm home.   

Coop's ah can't even geh ah New Years eve sweat on Lara grounds, they mash it up and dig up thee field. We have to sweat up by thee Nazarene College up in Samboucaud and yuh cah even take off yuh shirt up deh they go run yuh. IF yuh want to do yuh clinics up deh get in tocuh wit someone from thee Nazarene Church.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2008, 08:48:00 AM »
So I guess Warner has decided to attack from another angle in his battle with Minister Hunt.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2008, 09:09:42 AM »
well coops this is a football forum and so people are going to more pre occupied with our football team and Jack Warner rather than the Ministry of Sports in General.

Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2008, 11:44:13 AM »
NUTTEN IN TNT happens quickly so dey dig up Lara and it takin a yr and a day 2 fix. It eh right but 2 make big announcement but corruption in Hunt Ministry. D coutry does work on turtle speed because d contractor Lara in S/Cruz must b have bout 10 other wuk he cyah finish. Of course d Min 2 blame but unless dey outsource 2 d chinese it eh go happen quick

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Be wary of his genius
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2008, 02:19:20 PM »
Greetings and salutations my fellow forumites,

While my absence has been prolonged through a mixture of involuntary distrait married with an eager anticipation of a subject worthy of my comment, I see it fit and indeed as opportune a time as any, to grammatically mark my return.

It is of paramount importance that we all note that I make no jest of this particular post as I am in a state of sincerest awe.

If those not inclined to objectivity can be so posessed even temporarily, then surely, my point may fall upon open ears and minds.

"Jack Warner to expose corruption in sports ministry"

Certainly a more oxymoronic statement was never made. But that is not my point.

JW is most definitely aware of the ridicule that this headline would have evoked. JW exposing corruption? Cmon man.

Can we appreciate the sheer boldfaceness of the statement? The inner workings of a mind so advanced in ways and means of administrative intricacies, that it facilitates the enunciation of such intentions?

If you had contempt for Mr Warner before, the pure tenacity of the intention, would no doubt start the wheels of change in motion.

A bold move is forthcoming.

Be wary of his genius....at the very least, appreciate it.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Be wary of his genius
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2008, 02:41:54 PM »
diamondTrimmy I suprise ah noted wordsmith like yuh self take dat chain

Jack pull ah sleight of hand on yuh pardnah ....if yuh notice he was attention whorin heself in the international media vs Roy Keane de odder day....so to take de focus away he pull de ministry of sport  corruption rabbit out of de hat
You was real enjoyin dat magic show oui.....unfortunately yuh hero lookin more like the amazing mumford every day

it had other geniuses that had "inner workings of a mind so advanced" too yuh know

Jim Jones
Ted Kaczynski
Wyle E. Coyote.......
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2008, 03:05:57 PM »
my brain hurting
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2008, 03:19:49 PM »
dis post had me laughing from the earlies. what a pile  ::)

Offline Tigger

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2008, 03:30:17 PM »
Welcome back to the "Lyrical Gangsta"

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2008, 04:18:53 PM »
Years ago, when I was a young man and full of my oats, I got into a disagreement with a fat boy while awaiting my bus home.  he was bigger than I was, and had a height advantage also.  He was a bully, and full of air, hot air to be exact.  While I was winning our verbal conflict he decided that a slightly built fella like me, had no right to be waxing lyrical on his ample ass, he decided to strike me.

We fought and he was winning, I had no resort but to reach into my book bag and seek out a weapon.  My hands landed on my trusty old Pocket Oxford Dictionary, and I immediately pulled it out and shoved it up fat boy's ass!  He rolled over screaming in pain, got up and ran off, never to be seen again.

You may ask just how fat this fat boy was?  well he was wearing a Malcolm X tee shirt and a helicopter tried to land on his chest!

I am convinced that Diamondtrim is that self same fat boy!

Never under estimate the power of an Oxford Dictionary!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 05:34:06 PM by assrancid »

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2008, 04:45:02 PM »
If you had contempt for Mr Warner before, the pure tenacity of the intention, would no doubt start the wheels of change in motion.
[/b][/i]

diamondtrin  please explain this for me....please.....please...please

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2008, 04:47:51 PM »
i does always ketch a good laugh when i see posts and threads like this..

it does make me wonder what schools the posing pseudo intellectuals on this site attended, how much they pay and what exactly they were taught.

fact of the matter is that any institution worth a grain of salt shoulda teach allyuh something about the criticality of assessing your target audience before addressing them so as to maximize the effectiveness of your delivery.

So when said pseudo-intellectuals, (and they know themselves) try to confuffle people with big words, it tells me one of 3 things:

1) They presenting an entrance ticket to a grammatical cock swinging contest

2) They trying to best to shroud the lack of substance in their message under the cover of jargon = baffle dem with bullshit.

3) They think that oxfordizing their messages somehow makes them sound smarter than the next man posting in a thread.. ah kinda grammatical one-upmanship where man even reach to correckin' next man spelling.

daz why i does just hadda laugh and work de scroll button on the mouse.

Some liken this site to an online rum shop.

well ah tell yuh, if my rum shop ever get to this point, i stop drink liquor yes.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2008, 05:13:39 PM »

Some liken this site to an online rum shop.

well ah tell yuh, if my rum shop ever get to this point, i stop drink liquor yes.

:rotfl:  :devil: for real dread
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2008, 05:38:52 PM »
Diamondtrin is compulsive polysyllabricator!

He is a sesquipedalian!  Often very pleonastic too.

Personally, I refrain from using big words as I suffer from hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia!

seriously.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 05:55:14 PM by assrancid »

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2008, 08:12:23 PM »
 Maybe thai all thee man know is “big words”. Is not everybody went to Oxford University yuh know. Yuh have to break it down fuh we to understand Sir.  ;D>>> :rotfl:

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2008, 09:03:18 PM »

Methinks everybody miss the dripping sarcasm in his post
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2008, 11:20:20 PM »
And unless I'm mistaken, none of the issues he mentioned is really proof of any corruption. Poor project management and ineptitude perhaps but corruption??
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

1]; } ?>