March 28, 2024, 07:39:39 AM

Author Topic: which one would you choose???  (Read 1615 times)

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
which one would you choose???
« on: September 09, 2005, 06:28:01 PM »
fellas hear this one. me and ah brethren was shit talking today and de talk swing onto what happened on november 19th. he start de talk bout how the game was fixed...how de US pay we off to throw the game. he say how jack got the proposal that if we lose the game, then the US would go to the world cup, and the US government would open up ah football league and that would benefit the entire region for years to come...or we win the game, go to the world cup, lose in the first round, and no profit would be made from that.

well i start to laugh at he and say he mad cause if he figure man would ah throw ah game to go to the world cup or to start ah league in de US he going crazy. then he said well look at this, how many of our players benefit from the US qualifying for italy in 1990 (well ah cudnt say nothin deh). he say man would rather play for money in de mls as compared to three games in de world cup. well ah start to question he passion as a player cause any true balla would give he life for ah game in de world cup. he say not he...he going and get paid in de mls.

so question for de real ballas on de site...which one...ah mls contract or at least the first round of ah world cup!!! :beermug: :beermug:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 06:34:14 PM by Tallman »
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: which one would you choose???
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 06:42:26 PM »
how many of our players benefit from the US qualifying for italy in 1990 (well ah cudnt say nothin deh).

My question is, what was his response ?. How many players from de Strike Squad play in de MLS ? Zero. If de argument is dat players after de Strike Squad played in de MLS den it would mean dat Warner did an unselfish act by thinking about de future welfare of our players  :thinking:.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 06:49:25 PM »
how many of our players benefit from the US qualifying for italy in 1990 (well ah cudnt say nothin deh).

My question is, what was his response ?. How many players from de Strike Squad play in de MLS ? Zero. If de argument is dat players after de Strike Squad played in de MLS den it would mean dat Warner did an unselfish act by thinking about de future welfare of our players  :thinking:.

well tallman thats what he was sayin...how jack take de money for de future benefit of de team. but my thing was that as ah player...especially playin oh ah team on de verge of makin de world cup. ah cant see dem doing that.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 07:08:15 PM »
well tallman thats what he was sayin...how jack take de money for de future benefit of de team. but my thing was that as ah player...especially playin oh ah team on de verge of makin de world cup. ah cant see dem doing that.

Well den dat eh make no sense. So Jack coordinate de loss wit de players (or just Brow) ? De tears shed dat day were false? De team sacrifice itself fuh de betterment of T&T football?

Yuh parnah need tuh come better dan dat.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 07:39:13 PM »
Jack take the money for the betterment of the team? dat is the saddest piece of rationale i have read in some time. the theory that we sold out is crap. just another excuse to deflect the blame somewhere else. no matter what happened the US was hosting the next Cup and MLS would have been born. Not a man from strike squad benefit from MLS and even today we don't have that many players there. It is also impossibe to get an entire team to sell out....a few individuals would have rebelled and blown the lid on it. The players would have been desperate for European contracts. The chance to make history and be the eternal heros of our nation will be worth more than money for some if not every player there. Shame on everyone who could ever devalue our people's integrity and pride to think an entire team would sell us out.

I would listen to you if you say the ref get bribe. Or the coach, or one or two players. But tell me how Jack convincing all dem men to sell out their dreams, their nation and their future for some unseen dream that might occur some time down the line? He would collect a nasty blowout.....I know not everything is as it seems. But jus remember blaming somebody else for our own shortcomings is just another from of cowardice

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 08:07:41 PM »
Jack take the money for the betterment of the team? dat is the saddest piece of rationale i have read in some time. the theory that we sold out is crap. just another excuse to deflect the blame somewhere else. no matter what happened the US was hosting the next Cup and MLS would have been born. Not a man from strike squad benefit from MLS and even today we don't have that many players there. It is also impossibe to get an entire team to sell out....a few individuals would have rebelled and blown the lid on it. The players would have been desperate for European contracts. The chance to make history and be the eternal heros of our nation will be worth more than money for some if not every player there. Shame on everyone who could ever devalue our people's integrity and pride to think an entire team would sell us out.

I would listen to you if you say the ref get bribe. Or the coach, or one or two players. But tell me how Jack convincing all dem men to sell out their dreams, their nation and their future for some unseen dream that might occur some time down the line? He would collect a nasty blowout.....I know not everything is as it seems. But jus remember blaming somebody else for our own shortcomings is just another from of cowardice

well u sound just like me earlier tryin to show this man he talkin shit. plus my point to him was that the exposure ah player would receive playing in de world cup is more than any mls player would get throughout his career. the world of professional football would be open to a player..rather than the sameness of the mls.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2005, 08:55:22 PM »

Conspiracy theories are understandable, because people's view of an event is always one-sided. Trinidadians were so caught up in the hype and euphoria, and believed so strongly that we were going to win/draw, that we almost forgot, that there was another team of relatively equal ability to ours, coming to play us, who's desire to win was just as strong....The US nation as a whole was relatively ignorant to the exploits of their WC 90 team, but if you listen to Ramos and Harks and those guys talk.....they still hold that day as one of the most important days of their lives. They consider themselves pioneers of soccer in the US, and that is what they came to Trinidad to become...So the disbelief in the naturalness of our failure is understandable, but when you look back at it in retrospect and take everything into consideration, you'll realize it was just a case of two teams battling it out, and one team had to lose....Now I would never fully rule out the probability of some sorta funny business going on, but I've resigned myself to the notion that it was just a football match, and we didn't do our job.

About the moral dilemma, I'd take my chances on going to the WC, and getting some exposure and possibly a foreign contract.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

1]; } ?>