April 28, 2024, 09:32:49 PM

Author Topic: Take dat Stephen Harper  (Read 22171 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Take dat Stephen Harper
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2008, 04:17:43 PM »
Well breds, I'm trying to kind eh, and rednecks is people too. Some of them not so bad once you get beyond the mutual mistrust. So leh we say traditional Canadian culture for now nah  :)
Yeah, dem is people too and I am sure God really loves dem also
and they do provide us with kicks.

My only question that I maybe would want answered about Latimer is this
"Did he ever consider putting his daughter up for adoption, if he and his wife had a hard time watching her day in day out?"
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2008, 04:28:08 PM »
Well breds, I'm trying to kind eh, and rednecks is people too. Some of them not so bad once you get beyond the mutual mistrust. So leh we say traditional Canadian culture for now nah  :)
Yeah, dem is people too and I am sure God really loves dem also
and they do provide us with kicks.

My only question that I maybe would want answered about Latimer is this
"Did he ever consider putting his daughter up for adoption, if he and his wife had a hard time watching her day in day out?"

maybe they did not want to do so  at first, but as they got older and could do less and less maybe the frustration caught up with them. The same government that probably deny the man any assistance atall end up condemning him.

That discussion well out my paygrade. I keeping myself happy just waiting for the next outburst from a Reform Party jackass who should know better.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2008, 04:37:44 PM »
I keeping myself happy just waiting for the next outburst from a Reform Party jackass who should know better.
as past experiences have shown....you ent goin to have to wait too long fa dat :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2008, 10:07:16 PM »
Why is it that conservatives always wait until an election to open dey mouth and say something dumb?

Is stupid they stupid? Wait, doh answer that....

[

I go answer that ..

de Conservatives dont have a monopoly on duncey head remarks

dey does all say schupid things

Pecan, conservatives, by the very definition of the word tend to stick with the old and are more out of touch with social change. Conservatives natural base in Canada as it is for the US is in the rural "heartlands" where the more traditional forms of culture manifest themselves as I'm sure you are aware of. Most imigrants don't settle in rural areas, hence the limited contact with conservatives and their base.

Now let me point out that it is really the Reform Party stalwarts that have been hiding under the carpet of this "new" conservative party that making all this setta noise. This is the ultra conservative cabal that suggested that visible minorities and gays should retreat to the back of the store if a racist/phobic person does wish to enter a commercial transaction with them.

Now if if you want to characterize immigrant crime, it is more in line with social/cultural deprivation than being an immigrant, i.e. "crime" is  more contingent on social/economic conditions than immigration status. Native Indians are not immigrants yet they have far higher crime rates than immigrants. The key variable is economic/social status not country of origin. The conservatives just do not give more than a cursory thought thought to these issues precisely becuase they are out of touch.

Let me be plain: Somehow immigrant crime seems to be more aggregious than white crime, its new, scary, different and all that. Ritz says the boy-next-door does not commit crimes. Is he mad? Robert Latimer Robert Pickton probably casually slaughtered more women than the whole immigrant population of Canada, and he have the gall to talk 'bout boy-next-door?

I cant really argue with what you say because I think yoiu generally capture the gist of the conservative philosphy.

I do not trust Harper.  On the other hand, I dont trust the Liberals either.  I still have a copy of Cretien's "Red Book" where he made a multitude of promises and failed to deliver.

As for the NDP and Green Pary, they living in a fantasy world.

So what is one to do?

In three of the last Federal elections, I took my ballot and handed it back to the Returning Officer as a protest against the nonsense I see in Federal Politics.  Needless to say, I made  as much impact as a male Chihuahua trying to mount a great dane bitch

In my riding i dont like the incumbent Liberal MP - I sent her five e-mail and faxes and snail mail (well a combination).  Not once did she acknowledge my questions.

The Conservative candidate I know of since 1988.  And I do not hold him in high regard.

So i eh know what to do .....
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2008, 10:44:44 PM »

I cant really argue with what you say because I think yoiu generally capture the gist of the conservative philosphy.

I do not trust Harper.  On the other hand, I dont trust the Liberals either.  I still have a copy of Cretien's "Red Book" where he made a multitude of promises and failed to deliver.

As for the NDP and Green Pary, they living in a fantasy world.

So what is one to do?

In three of the last Federal elections, I took my ballot and handed it back to the Returning Officer as a protest against the nonsense I see in Federal Politics.  Needless to say, I made  as much impact as a male Chihuahua trying to mount a great dane bitch

In my riding i dont like the incumbent Liberal MP - I sent her five e-mail and faxes and snail mail (well a combination).  Not once did she acknowledge my questions.

The Conservative candidate I know of since 1988.  And I do not hold him in high regard.

So i eh know what to do .....

Frankly I don't trust what coming out of the Liberal party now either, they generally are the opposite of Conservatives and only say what they think you want them to say. Preston Manning once said he would place more faith in the Bre-X prospectus than the liberal red book.  8)
I am not really a Jack Layton fan and the Conservatives are...well the Conservatives!

I went to hear Elizabeth May speak at a green party address last year and she quite impressed me. The Greens not as flaky as you may think. However with them its a mixed bag, one of their provincial candidates a few years ago billed himself as a "juggler" and street performer  :-\  But they do have some serious candidates depending on location.

I would say hold yuh nose and vote oui. I was lucky to have had a great liberal MP in my riding during the Chretien years. Perhaps the key is not to be satisfied with just taking whoever the riding association decides to fling out and get involved in putting a hand in who they select to represent you.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2008, 08:00:02 AM »

Frankly I don't trust what coming out of the Liberal party now either, they generally are the opposite of Conservatives and only say what they think you want them to say. Preston Manning once said he would place more faith in the Bre-X prospectus than the liberal red book.  8)
I am not really a Jack Layton fan and the Conservatives are...well the Conservatives!

I went to hear Elizabeth May speak at a green party address last year and she quite impressed me. The Greens not as flaky as you may think. However with them its a mixed bag, one of their provincial candidates a few years ago billed himself as a "juggler" and street performer  :-\  But they do have some serious candidates depending on location.

I would say hold yuh nose and vote oui. I was lucky to have had a great liberal MP in my riding during the Chretien years. Perhaps the key is not to be satisfied with just taking whoever the riding association decides to fling out and get involved in putting a hand in who they select to represent you.

1) Green Party:  I actually know the Green Party candidate to say "hello to".  But in the the setting in which I know her, she never struck me as the type to run for federal office.    Can she do a good job? .. I have not seen any evidence that she has what it takes ... but I will look into her platform some more.

2) Conservatives: My neighbour dong the street was campaigning to get the present candidate nominated.  I refused to sign the nomination (so in a way, I did have a hand in deciding who would get in  ::)).  But he still got the nomination.

3) Liberals: my other neighbour is a good friend of the Liberal Incumbent .. I have to be careful of what I say.  At least with by conservative neighbour, I can openly voice my opinions.

I have my questions lined up for when they come knocking on my door.

"I would say hold yuh nose and vote oui." - but I suspect this might be the way I vote this year :(

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2008, 08:44:50 AM »
Yeah I feel the sameway
In my opinion Cretien single handedly destroyed what Pierre Trudeau did for the Liberal party of Canada and I am looking to see if this new character, Stéphane Dion, will revive the party to the high standards of yesteryear.
I cant figure Dion out as yet
Is he just not able to express his ideas properly in English or he just plain chupid...time will tell
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2008, 08:50:28 AM »
;)

Yeah yeah ah know we election doh have hot chicks, war heroes and clandestine muslims...but ah fine de attention whore campaign in de south shoudnt get all de shine

Besides de election go done before this thread even make page 2...dais EEF it even make 2 pages

aye Dutty - is two pages .... and elections still three weeks away.   ;D

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2008, 08:57:21 AM »

ya goin to de next WTO meeting wid dem den? :devil:

I tink ah have a picture of you

de problem is that we having a hard time trying to UNITE

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2008, 08:59:13 AM »
buh wait. I now get meh voting reg card in the mail friday, then check to see who i voting for.. me eh see no UNCa or PNM candidates. Is den I remember I living Canada and not TnT and should starting knowing about things that directly affect me and mines. Lesson to learn here people.

so the next fella who send me ah juzzy getting my vote.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2008, 09:08:13 AM »
ya goin to de next WTO meeting wid dem den? :devil:
I tink ah have a picture of you

de problem is that we having a hard time trying to UNITE
sounds like anarchy in trute :devil:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2008, 10:27:45 AM »
buh wait. I now get meh voting reg card in the mail friday, then check to see who i voting for.. me eh see no UNCa or PNM candidates. Is den I remember I living Canada and not TnT and should starting knowing about things that directly affect me and mines. Lesson to learn here people.

my local PC came to the door yesterday
i told him, if he give me $10 id vote for he
he say he cant do that, steupps

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2008, 10:29:38 AM »
last election, meh pops and i was talking and i thought i really had him pegged as a moderate kind of progressive. then he tell me he vote for the CHP  - wtf?! what a misread! but eh, i've cast votes for conservatives, liberals, new democrats and greens at one time or another. let's see what happens this time round.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2008, 10:31:16 AM »

my local PC came to the door yesterday
i told him, if he give me $10 id vote for he
he say he cant do that, steupps

;D - but how people does be putting sign up on lawn and fence for a candidate? that should cost something, ent?

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2008, 04:56:39 PM »
last election, meh pops and i was talking and i thought i really had him pegged as a moderate kind of progressive. then he tell me he vote for the CHP  - wtf?! what a misread! but eh, i've cast votes for conservatives, liberals, new democrats and greens at one time or another. let's see what happens this time round.
CHP?...well I learned something new today
http://www.chp.ca/en/index.html

Federally, I have mostly voted Liberal and, when Cretin was in power, I voted NDP.
Provincialy, I have voted NDP as the BC Liberals, who are NOT associated with the Federal Liberals, are really Socreds.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 05:06:42 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2008, 07:50:55 PM »
I C WWGP is alive and well in Canada. Dem yanks eh have dat problem but d fella is not d cream in d oreo so dey havin problems
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2008, 07:28:48 PM »
Ah not shame to say, but I'm so out of the loop where this elections is concerned. For one, Conservatives will win this again, simple reason, they have no competition. Liberals have Jackass Dion at the helm, Elizabeth and Jack - I don't know, whenever both of them speak I tend to go into a day dream. They hold no substance in their speeches to get me even close to being interested to hear more.

I'm more interested in the US elections, because who ever win that one will tell me who will be running Canada.

Ever since they call elections in Canada, all of a sudden gas prices at it's lowest since the beginning of the year, a new proposal for a transit system in the GTA. The 2 most important issues that affect each Canadian and Immgiant on ah daily basis. Concidence ???

Strangely enough, I haven't heard anyone mention unemployment issues especially in the manufacturing industry. Or did I miss it ???

Again i'm out of the loop.....

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2008, 06:06:18 PM »
;)

Yeah yeah ah know we election doh have hot chicks, war heroes and clandestine muslims...but ah fine de attention whore campaign in de south shoudnt get all de shine

Besides de election go done before this thread even make page 2...dais EEF it even make 2 pages

aye Dutty - is two pages .... and elections still three weeks away.   ;D

I be are stunned. :o

Look like dis years shotgun contest not as devoid of personality like Stephan Dion
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2008, 07:27:55 PM »
Tonight, a volunteer from the Liberal incumbent MP phone to see how I voting.

Ah tell she dat in the las election, I sent two emails and three faxes to my member of parliament and i didden even get one acknowledgment (I sent the missives to both the Ottawa office and the local London office).

Yuh know what she tell me?

Maybe I should send another letter complain that no one answered me the first five times.

I steups and tell she no ... but if the Member comes to my door, I will be happy to talks to her.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2008, 07:55:33 PM »
Tonight, a volunteer from the Liberal incumbent MP phone to see how I voting.

Ah tell she dat in the las election, I sent two emails and three faxes to my member of parliament and i didden even get one acknowledgment (I sent the missives to both the Ottawa office and the local London office).

Yuh know what she tell me?

Maybe I should send another letter complain that no one answered me the first five times.

I steups and tell she no ... but if the Member comes to my door, I will be happy to talks to her.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Next time when she call ya, tell she yas ah illegal immigrant, and ya hoping conservatives win so ya could stay longer.

Conservatives in dey area ah think thursday evening.
Liberals on friday.
green party...dunno, like dey fraids we :devil:

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2008, 02:26:28 PM »
blasted tief ...

==
Harper rocked by plagiarism charge on eve of debates

OTTAWA - A spiralling economic forecast and damning charges of plagiarism against Stephen Harper have injected some drama into the federal election campaign on the eve of the televised leaders debates.

Bruce Cheadle, THE CANADIAN PRESS

The prime minister formally requested Tuesday that the economy be given more space - up to half the allotted time - in the two-hour debate format.

"I have instructed my party to do everything possible to accommodate a format change to ensure these debates focus on the No. 1 issue on the minds of Canadians - the economy - and that the economic discussion take precedence over less urgent issues," Harper said in a release.

Among those lesser issues, according to a Conservative official, is evidence that Harper lifted huge segments of a 2003 speech in the House of Commons directly from then-Australian prime minister John Howard.

Harper's speech advocated Canadian entry into the U.S.-led war in Iraq, a conflict that continues to this day and has cost more than 4,000 American lives while draining the U.S. treasury of almost US $600 billion.

Liberal Leader Stephane Dion, a former academic, said "Harper should be expelled" for the plagiarism, adding that the context in which it occurred is "even worse."

"It's about Stephen Harper saying that Canada should go with the war in Iraq," Dion said in Gatineau, Que.

"He's unable to choose his own words, he chose the words of (U.S. President George W. Bush's) coalition of the willing."

A Harper spokesman flatly refused to deny the speech was plagiarized, even when offered a direct invitation to do so. He also repeatedly refused to say who wrote the speech.

Instead, speaking on a conference call with reporters under the cloak of anonymity, he condemned the controversy as "more gotcha politics" that shows "Liberal desperation."

He dismissed a question about whether Howard and Harper may have received Iraq talking points from the Bush administration as "one of the most ridiculous, speculative assertions" - but never responded directly.

He said Harper's past public comments as Opposition leader should have no bearing on how Canadian voters judge his government.

"You're trying to draw comparisons to statements from people in Opposition to the actual record of a government who was in charge of the country. That is an apples-to-oranges comparison."

It's a line of reasoning that effectively negates many stock Tory attacks on Dion, such as the Liberal leader's musings about the GST, deficit financing and Tory child-care allowances.

The Liberals had already begun this week to turn their campaign toward the past Liberal record as deficit-slayers and managers of a roaring Canadian economy.

Not to be outdone, the New Democrats reminded voters Tuesday of several Liberals who advocated Canadian participation in the Iraq war, most notably deputy Liberal leader Michael Ignatieff.

NDP Leader Jack Layton had advocated this week for an all-party leaders' summit on the economy before Wednesday night's French-language debate.

The Conservatives argued Tuesday that their proposal to expand the economic segment of the debate to an hour from 15 minutes fit with the NDP rationale.

Harper, Layton and Green Leader Elizabeth May all cleared their schedules for Tuesday, planning to devote their time exclusively to debate preparation.

Harper emerged briefly to see his young daughter Rachel off to school Tuesday, in a staged photo-op that was organized by Conservative party strategists.

Dion and Gilles Duceppe of the Bloc Quebecois held brief events across the river in Gatineau, Que., before buckling down to their own pre-debate studies.

All the opposition leaders have been berating the prime minister in the wake of a stock-market meltdown sparked by economic woes in the United States.

The Toronto stock exchange plunged more than 800 points Monday, following news that American legislators had rejected a massive bailout package proposed by the Bush administration to clean up the mess on Wall Street.

Harper's response is that now is not the time for what he characterized as massive spending plans by the opposition parties that would push the country's finances into deficit, significantly hike taxes - or both.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2008, 02:54:08 PM »
Shithong
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2008, 03:10:35 PM »
lets remember that Harper ent writing no speech, its his speech maker
that man is the thief and shithound
Harper ent go know that something placed in front of him is plagiarism...kind of an ironic statement lol
that being said, the PCs have some very WEAK support people

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2008, 03:18:36 PM »
Doh mind Newcastle struggling, I still think Shay Given is a better goalkeeper.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2008, 03:39:05 PM »
Doh mind Newcastle struggling, I still think Shay Given is a better goalkeeper.
:o

:rotfl: :rotfl: :devil:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2008, 11:17:55 AM »
Harper ent go know that something placed in front of him is plagiarism...kind of an ironic statement lol

boss, PCs is old ting. they drop that "Progressive" label long time. but i hear you - some of those old Reform Party members still getting a wuk. that is loyalty of a kind.

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2008, 02:18:22 PM »

boss, PCs is old ting. they drop that "Progressive" label long time. but i hear you - some of those old Reform Party members still getting a wuk. that is loyalty of a kind.

lol ah did forget that

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2008, 02:40:04 PM »
They still have a PC Party - Progressive Canadian Party

http://progressivecanadian.ca/english/navigation/about/about.html

I watch a all candidates debate last night for my Riding.

The Green Party candidate sounded good for the first 40 minutes than she begin to melt down when the topic turned to the environment.

The Liberals, Conservatives and NDP were predictable

The CHP was a no show.

The PC candidate ?? - I felt sorry for him.  He was at a loss for works most of the time and just ended up sounding like a blabbering idiot.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2008, 08:06:32 PM »
just finished listening to the french language debate. wow, harper took WOOD. licks pass and harper get most of the abuse. layton talk stupid - all his answers turned into questions to harper, like he was still in parliament. dion agreed with harper too much. may was the most honest - she could have talked more but was uncomfortable with the language. duceppe was the maestro as usual.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 08:23:30 AM by ribbit »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2008, 05:25:59 AM »

9:00 - 11:00 TV tonight go be interesting - all competitive stuff

1) Canadian Leaders English Debate

2) US Vice-Presidential Debate

and

3) America's Got Talent - Top five take the stage

1]; } ?>