March 28, 2024, 04:35:28 PM

Author Topic: John Terry  (Read 5990 times)

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
John Terry
« on: September 16, 2008, 09:18:53 AM »
His red card from Saturdays game has been commuted by the FA...

He will now escape suspension and play against Man Utd...

Just posting this for all the people who think that Man Utd get all the decisions...

giggsy11

Re: John Terry
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 09:24:05 AM »
An people wonder why Chelski is so universally disliked!

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 09:31:16 AM »

You watched da game?! Universally disliked my ass, it wasn't a red card offense so if people want to be vex dem is some ignorant cunnyholes!!

Fire in Man U rasshole come weekend!!!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 09:44:44 AM »
While it was a "professional foul"

It did not warrant a red card as he was not denying the attacker a clear goal scoring opportunity, nor was he the last defender. There were two other covering defenders in Carvalho and Cole.

The ref made a mistake thats all...rush of blood ting nah.

A yellow would have sufficed.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 09:51:22 AM »

It did not warrant a red card as he was not denying the attacker a clear goal scoring opportunity, nor was he the last defender. There were two other covering defenders in Carvalho and Cole.

De ref was ah Man U mole and wanted to slow dong de Blues so de red bullaz could have ah better chance to try and beat de pace setters!!

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 09:53:15 AM »

Thats the thing. The red isn't being commuted to a yellow...he will receive no card of any kind.

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 09:57:28 AM »
How John Terry convinced the FA to wipe his red card

*SOB* I'm sorry, I won't do it again *SOB*

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 09:58:06 AM »
FA like they fraid chelski boi, there players get away with everything, A.Cole and them laughing at d FA again.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 09:59:27 AM »
How John Terry convinced the FA to wipe his red card

*SOB* I'm sorry, I won't do it again *SOB*
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Man, he do ah real good job as he walk away wid no card ::)

FA like they fraid chelski boi, there players get away with everything, A.Cole and them laughing at d FA again.
Dais OK Braveheart :devil:
ManBoo have benefitted from Many off call also....many ;)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 10:05:35 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

giggsy11

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 10:02:05 AM »

De ref was ah Man U mole and wanted to slow dong de Blues so de red bullaz could have ah better chance to try and beat de pace setters!!

Sounds like you are a newbie fan of Chelski, may be the year they won their 2 EPL titles? Cause yuh acting rell europhoric and hyper active over the fact yuh side ahead of United. If not, act like yuh been there and not like some never see come see green horn!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 10:29:25 AM »
it was never a red card. He wasn't the last defender and there was no dangerous play involved.

I just vex the red card will still hold in the blasted fantasy league. Because of that call, i lose my head to head match by 1 point
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 10:39:49 AM »
that was ah bad call by the ref should have gotten ah yellow,that was ah professional foul.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 11:15:54 AM »
If you look at the footage carefully, although carvalho was covering the play, that foul prevented a two on one situation because Robinho (i think it was him) was the nearest player to the play.

So even though Carvalho was covering Jo after he got past Terry, Robinho was free as a result.  So even though a red card is a harsh penalty, i could have understood the referee seeing it as a denial of an opportunity.

What is even more disgusting is that he has gotten away free from the whole incident without any booking or any reprimand.  Most people here know that i am a chelsea supporter but that ruling shows a clear bias in favour of them.

Oh well, that would just make it easier for us to destroy manutd on the weekend.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 11:19:12 AM »
 :D The United fans are going to verbally destroy Terry....hopefully he cries  ;D

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 11:26:19 AM »
now that allyuh finished with the colorful interpretations of the rule and what you think could have happened etc, lets consider what the rule actually says..

It says that it is a red card offence if the last defender denies a clear goalscoring opportunity.

You would have to be generous to decide that the play constituted a clear goalscoring opportunity, but you would have to be a certified mad man to also assert that Terry was the last defender on that play.

I wonder if allyuh even see the game and see the play when I read some of the comments..

the play deserved a yellow for sure and I dont know what the rule is with commuting cards if it can be scaled down to a yellow as some are suggesting, but it was a blatant refereeing mistake.. You could have even told by the pom face look on the referee right after the incident that he knew it as well.

giggsy11

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 11:38:30 AM »
:D The United fans are going to verbally destroy Terry....hopefully he cries  ;D

Viva John Terry
Viva John Terry
He thoguht he won the cup
But he f^cked it up
Viva John Terry!

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 12:23:49 PM »
He deserved the red based on his cynical foul alone.
Hart for president

giggsy11

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 01:01:48 PM »

Exactly, these defenders get away with murder and they keep doing it because they don't get punished!

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 01:20:47 PM »

Sounds like you are a newbie fan of Chelski, may be the year they won their 2 EPL titles? Cause yuh acting rell europhoric and hyper active over the fact yuh side ahead of United. If not, act like yuh been there and not like some never see come see green horn!

And u song like ah flickin retarded imps!! Euphoric over what? 4 games?!!  Jedd get real nah is early season so it ha no consolation fuh 1st place.   Except of course for the fact that pool put in in allyuh hole!! :rotfl:

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 01:25:20 PM »

U should get red carded fuh bein born.  Talkin shit in yuh ass bout cynical foul!!  Wey allyuh does come up wit dem jackassness from jedd?

Giggsy stop hatin jedd.  Wham Terry tief yuh white fowl aought?

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 01:49:59 PM »

U should get red carded fuh bein born.  Talkin shit in yuh ass bout cynical foul!!  Wey allyuh does come up wit dem jackassness from jedd?

lol how old are you?   go pelt off transformers yuh rent boy

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 02:16:25 PM »

Exactly, these defenders get away with murder and they keep doing it because they don't get punished!

not cynical... professional.

is a good thing allyuh never consider refereeing as a career, cause matches would end with 8 men minimum.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2008, 02:40:26 PM »
What is even more disgusting is that he has gotten away free from the whole incident without any booking or any reprimand.  Most people here know that i am a chelsea supporter but that ruling shows a clear bias in favour of them.

I don't think it has anything to do with bias. The fact of the matter is that the FA disciplinary commitee or whatever it is doesn't have the right to MODIFY a referee's decision. It can only annull the RESULTS of that decision that AFFECT FUTURE matches.

In other words, if Terry had been sent off in the 5th minute and Chelsea ended up losing 5-0 down a man all game, nothing can be done to modify the score. On the other hand, if it was judged that the offence was not a red card, what affects future matches i.e. Terry's unavailability, can be annulled.

It isn't possible for the FA to say, here that wasn't a Red card, it was a yellow. That's the equivalent of saying, that wasn't a free kick that caused the goal you scored so let's replay the game from the minute of the free kick. If Terry HAD received a yellow on the play, there's nothing to say he wouldn't have received a second yellow 10 minutes later and be expelled, in which case, the suspension would be valid.

I'm pretty sure there are other examples of red cards being wiped and much more horrific tackles going unpunished as a result.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2008, 02:48:09 PM »

is a good thing allyuh never consider refereeing as a career, cause matches would end with 8 men minimum.

Glad yuh post this boy Omar- On a different but related tangent.... I for one am not a big fan of red cards...I think in today's game they are given way too cheaply.  For someone to be expelled it should be determined that they are no longer worthy of taking part in the game....and I think that's an extreme determination.  I actually posted a thread back in the day where I argued that a professional foul committed by last defender where no major physical harm is caused, which leads to a penalty should not be followed up by a red card.  I think a penalty is enough punishment, and in fact the penalty is sometimes if not most often actually be a better scoring opportunity than the one that was denied....men real fight meh down  ;D ... but I still think it makes more sense and people in general are just reluctant to think outside the set rules... I remember arguing the rule of head-to-head over goal difference before it was ever used in any FIFA competition, and get real fight down too...now head to head is a normal scene and men cool with it...oh well.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2008, 02:56:45 PM »

lol how old are you?   go pelt off transformers yuh rent boy

So tell me exactly what does my age have to do with this? Doh get emotional cause Man U cutass book and dey go be near de bottom ah de table guy!!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2008, 02:57:08 PM »
Kicker how long yuh toting them feelings breds...

Is not one but two fight down that still stuck in yuh craw... :rotfl:

Red Card is good ting...for the side not being punished.

Side does play better with 10 men and it makes the game more exciting.

Now yellow card is wha being given away cheaply.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2008, 03:04:39 PM »
It's a RED card and should of stand......he made 2 stupid plays thats why he got it, he first went for Jo's foot but didnt do to much, when he realise Jo made another step and could still get the ball he wrapped his hand around him and pulled him down, the first play would of been a yellow card but JT and his nasty play pulled him down so he deserves a red, never mine that last play rule. he was wrong twice so RED card it is.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2008, 03:13:43 PM »

Glad yuh post this boy Omar- On a different but related tangent.... I for one am not a big fan of red cards...I think in today's game they are given way too cheaply.  For someone to be expelled it should be determined that they are no longer worthy of taking part in the game....and I think that's an extreme determination.  I actually posted a thread back in the day where I argued that a professional foul committed by last defender where no major physical harm is caused, which leads to a penalty should not be followed up by a red card.  I think a penalty is enough punishment, and in fact the penalty is sometimes if not most often actually be a better scoring opportunity than the one that was denied....men real fight meh down  ;D ... but I still think it makes more sense and people in general are just reluctant to think outside the set rules... I remember arguing the rule of head-to-head over goal difference before it was ever used in any FIFA competition, and get real fight down too...now head to head is a normal scene and men cool with it...oh well.

personally, i find he deserve the red. but rules are rules and if I was the ref, he would have only received a yellow. i jess find the rule is real toots. Refs should be allowed to take into account the intent of the player. Terry either believed he was the last man, or that it was a clear scoring chance or both. Otherwise he would have not committed the foul...he could have let Carvalho and the backtracking Belletti take care of it. He should get the red for intent.....just like if a man leave his feet to blade yuh, studs up by yuh knee, but he jess happen to miss he could still get his marching orders, or if he take a swing at yuh or try a Cantona-like bravestar and miss..he still walking to the dressing room early. Well the professional foul should give the ref the ability to interpret the players intent. The rules say otherwise, but Terry desreve to get a red imo.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2008, 03:16:28 PM »
It's a RED card and should of stand......he made 2 stupid plays thats why he got it, he first went for Jo's foot but didnt do to much, when he realise Jo made another step and could still get the ball he wrapped his hand around him and pulled him down, the first play would of been a yellow card but JT and his nasty play pulled him down so he deserves a red, never mine that last play rule. he was wrong twice so RED card it is.

Well luckily it have rules to the game and u is not ah ref!!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2008, 03:40:13 PM »
Went to the FIFA official site and checked the rule. And the ref was actually correct in his interpretation. The rule gives the ref leeway to decide whether there was a clear scoring opportunity and there is nothing in the rule saying Terry had to be the last man. If you look at the rule and the fact that it would have set up a two on one with Carvalho..the ref was within his rights to consider a clear goalscoring opportunity....see what allyuh think

Denying a goal or a goal-scoring opportunity
There are two sending-off offences that deal with denying an opponent an obvious opportunity to score a goal. It is not necessary for the offence to occur inside the penalty area.

If the referee applies advantage during an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and a goal is scored directly, despite the opponent’s handling the ball or fouling an opponent, the player cannot be sent off but he may still be cautioned.

Referees should consider the following circumstances when deciding
whether to send off a player for denying a goal or an obvious goalscoring
opportunity:
• the distance between the offence and the goal (distance was kinda far, so maybe ref loss dat argument)

• the likelihood of keeping or gaining control of the ball (Jo clearly had full control of the ball going past Terry)

• the direction of the play (Jo was heading straight to goal)

• the location and number of defenders (Altho' Belleti was getting back, he was pretty far from the play and carvalho was stranded in a two on one)

1]; } ?>