April 18, 2024, 07:01:57 PM

Author Topic: Simoes on his way to Canada? Dale Mitchell resign as Canada head coach  (Read 1421 times)

Ottawa, Ontario – The Canadian Soccer Association today announced it has received and accepted the resignation of Canadian Men’s World Team Head Coach Dale Mitchell, effective immediately.

The CSA will immediately begin the search for a replacement. Women’s World Cup and Olympic Team Coach Evan Pellerud will handle the head coaching responsibilities for Canada’s remaining matches in its group in CONCACAF Stage III of the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ Qualifiers. A new head coach is expected to be chosen and in place by December, 2008.

“I wish to take this opportunity to thank Dale publicly for his commitment and accomplishments with the Men’s World Cup Team,” said CSA President Dominic Maestracci. “Both sides agreed that it was time for us to move in a new direction.”

Mitchell was hired by the CSA on May 17, 2007 and in one year posted a record of 3-5-4 in 12 games in charge of the Men’s World Cup Team.

“There comes a moment in every coach’s career when it is time to move on and that moment has come for me,” said Mitchell. “I have truly enjoyed my experiences with the Canadian squad and will look back on many fond memories. I wish the team well in the future.”

Re: Simoes on his way to Canada? Dale Mitchell resign as Canada head coach
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 01:56:49 PM »
“There comes a moment in every coach’s career when it is time to move on and that moment has come for me,” said Mitchell. “I have truly enjoyed my experiences with the Soca Warriors and will look back on many fond memories. I wish the team well in the future.”

Somebody translate in Spanish and sent it on 2 d dumbtist just for he John Hancock

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 03:18:32 PM »
Somebody translate in Spanish and sent it on 2 d dumbtist just for he John Hancock
you mean his mano martillo  ;D

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 04:26:45 PM »
Where this come from RF? I can find no report on this.

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 04:36:21 PM »
That dummy Jamaican is guessing.  Why would Canada pick up Simoes, he is not good.

Canada would do good to appoint that Hart fella and wait until after the hex to move forward.

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 04:39:25 PM »

RF speculatin bro.  No such ting happenin.

Ah did check de Voyageurs site doh.  It had some funny shit on dey.

A man post how de CSA announce dat Pellerud would be de coach fuh de remainin 3 WCQ's and den quote Pellerud who say he was thankful fuh de opportunity, dat he still believe Canada could qualify fuh de Hex and as a result lookin fuh de bess team & tryin to see if FIFA would allow Christine Sinclair to play fuh de national team.

Pure kicks!!!  ;D ;D

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 05:06:41 PM »

RF speculatin bro.  No such ting happenin.

Ah did check de Voyageurs site doh.  It had some funny shit on dey.

A man post how de CSA announce dat Pellerud would be de coach fuh de remainin 3 WCQ's and den quote Pellerud who say he was thankful fuh de opportunity, dat he still believe Canada could qualify fuh de Hex and as a result lookin fuh de bess team & tryin to see if FIFA would allow Christine Sinclair to play fuh de national team.

Pure kicks!!!  ;D ;D

Pure speculatin re Simoes. I do know that they were keen to bring him in as national coach some time ago...