April 27, 2024, 01:17:19 PM

Author Topic: It now making sense...I figure out why Lawrence was dropped.  (Read 7300 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
It now making sense...I figure out why Lawrence was dropped.
« on: September 16, 2008, 05:42:01 PM »
Folks,

After reading the article on WHitley and hearing comments by Babwah bout players coming back etc.

I feel this is what went on inside Maturana Afro.

Looking at the big picture, past history, readiness of the squad and players at his disposal...He told himself from the get go from looking at the schedule that TT would lose only ONE game in this semi-final round, and it would be away to the USA.

It was imperative we beat Cuba and Guatemala twice. We were allowed to mess up one game vs Guatemala, a draw away. Now we just have to win away.

Looking at the Card situation.

Lawrence has a yellow card, avery is out, Cyd on a card, Hyland out, I think Makan get one and Keyeno too.

Regardless of the outcome of the Guatemala game, where we 4k up the scene in the last 5 minutes, even though we play good, I sure he must be know to heself that we were not ready to face the USA. If the systems and tactics we were using have us ketching we arse with Guyana the week before and all them other small friendlies were not working and I as a fan could see that...he as the coach must see dat too.

So he knows the Guatemala game is Do or Die...what does he do.

Sacrifice lawrence, knowing we done lorse already....as a card would have him suspended against Guatemala.

Give Makan the sweat for caps, and throw in the Fastest best defender we have, to try they best and fight up. Hence Edwards get the role...he is familiar with him and he weighing him up against Cupid, Smith and Joyce who get a test and fail vs Guyana.

Then knowing the only way to test the US is to unsettle them he puts the only recognised "BLADE MAN" he has that he could sacrifice....Telesford.

Maturana couldnt care two fart if Telesford get a card. He know that he is a role player and dat is it for him. He didnt pick Me Mum due to Me Mum not looking good in the friendly match down here....if we are honest about his performance he was not up to par. and Maturana knows what Telesford capable of.

He knew Denzil cyar pelt no tackle, he know Daniel ent doing it, He know Edwards ent doing it, so is best yuh let Leon and Telesford try they best...if anybody in this midfield get a card and missing the next game is no scene. He also have Wolfe to run wild and try a thing.

So Maturana chooses a iffy line-up to protect the team and have the strongest team available vs Guatemala.

Guatemala cannot scout us...the Corbeaux brand is alive and well and the tactics only backfired because we get three. I am sure Maturana was hoping for a 1-0 or best case scenario 0-0. But he cannot come out in public and say he didnt think we coulda win or he saving players for Guatemala so he hush he mouth and doing he work quiet.

The team for Guatemala away will be

Cyd, Tallest, Keyeno/James, Avery

Midfield of Edwards, Yorke, Whitley, Hyland, Daniel

Glen up top.

All who get injured/carded will be replaced for the USA game at home but if we beat Guatemala that game is not of much significance. Then all players will be alright to face Cuba at home in the final game.

Pacho is a BOSS!!!   ;D ::)

Watch how we in the HEX!!!!

We winning 2-0 in Guatemala.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 05:45:39 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
Re: It now making sense...I figure out why Lawrence was dropped.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 05:43:02 PM »
alrighty then!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 05:44:24 PM »
Ah could see ur logic.

A win in Guat is never guaranteed but I see where you and Mats coming from :-)

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 05:46:56 PM »
Ah could see ur logic.

A win in Guat is never guaranteed but I see where you and Mats coming from :-)

VB

And that would be from...?  A rum shop perhaps?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 05:48:35 PM »
Nah, a roti shop.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 05:50:42 PM »
Nah, a roti shop.

VB
ok on second thought I was surmising that it may have been under a coconut tree?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 05:51:13 PM »
If all that thought was going through he head......and he pull dat off.....i go either have to give him grudging props......or chalk it up to Jack upgrading he Obeah man. Buh....logical and tactical approach to the variables at hand. Those dropped points against Guatemala really have us under pressure.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 05:52:01 PM »
I like it...it better than what we have right now as an explanation for what mats doin'

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 05:54:54 PM »
You probably right Touches. After all, the TTFF been doing a great job confusing the hell out of everybody since the end of the World Cup. None of we opponents won't see the sucker punch coming until it hit them, that's for sure.

But you know what they say about cobo eh? You cyah give them sponge cake to eat.

So is going to be enough sufferation for all ah we Cobo Warriors fans until qualification confirm...

Heaven help us.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 05:57:41 PM »
Dais d ting self...the 2 points lost vs Guatemala.

Had everything gone to plan it was supposed to be

USA 9
TT   6
Guat 3
Cuba 0

Giving us the draw away in Guat to play with.

Any points vs the USA was and still is gravy even at home.

Cuba is the key...we have to put at least 4 on them unanswered to rectify the goal difference.

Once we beat Guatemala away...and this can be done...our chances for the Hex look alot better.

Also I sure Cuba could steal a point from Guatemala in the dark, high grass field they have.

We still control our destiny and do not need a help out from any team.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 06:04:34 PM »
The Guatemalan performance in the Mateo Flores is very different to how they played in Port of Spain. I will be very surprised if we get 3 points in Guatemala City. If we do, I will remove my profile signature and will cease from any further criticism of Maturana.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 06:05:25 PM »
I now see Palos post in another thread...he on the same wavelength as me.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 06:24:59 PM »
touches, i need some help with an essay i writing...

i get to this part and cyah go no further:

'honey.. this is why i cheated on you...."

help ah bredda out nah..

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 06:47:52 PM »
Personally I think yuh givin Mr M TOO much credit - this is the man who put on Kerry Baptiste when we were 1-0 up and needed to DEFEND a slim lead for a few mins.... but I have to admit what you say makes sense...between you and me tho.. how much of a cut Pacho promise yuh?  :devil:

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 06:53:26 PM »
Folks,

After reading the article on WHitley and hearing comments by Babwah bout players coming back etc.

Looking at the big picture, past history, readiness of the squad and players at his disposal...He told himself from the get go from looking at the schedule that TT would lose only ONE game in this semi-final round, and it would be away to the USA.

It was imperative we beat Cuba and Guatemala twice. We were allowed to mess up one game vs Guatemala, a draw away. Now we just have to win away.

Lawrence has a yellow card, avery is out, Cyd on a card, Hyland out, I think Makan get one and Keyeno too.

Regardless of the outcome of the Guatemala game, where we 4k up the scene in the last 5 minutes, even though we play good, I sure he must be know to heself that we were not ready to face the USA. If the systems and tactics we were using have us ketching we arse with Guyana the week before and all them other small friendlies were not working and I as a fan could see that...he as the coach must see dat too.

Sacrifice lawrence, knowing we done lorse already....as a card would have him suspended against Guatemala.

Give Makan the sweat for caps, and throw in the Fastest best defender we have, to try they best and fight up. Hence Edwards get the role...he is familiar with him and he weighing him up against Cupid, Smith and Joyce who get a test and fail vs Guyana.

Then knowing the only way to test the US is to unsettle them he puts the only recognised "BLADE MAN" he has that he could sacrifice....Telesford.

Maturana couldnt care two fart if Telesford get a card. He know that he is a role player and dat is it for him. He didnt pick Me Mum due to Me Mum not looking good in the friendly match down here....if we are honest about his performance he was not up to par. and Maturana knows what Telesford capable of.

He knew Denzil cyar pelt no tackle, he know Daniel ent doing it, He know Edwards ent doing it, so is best yuh let Leon and Telesford try they best...if anybody in this midfield get a card and missing the next game is no scene. He also have Wolfe to run wild and try a thing.

So Maturana chooses a iffy line-up to protect the team and have the strongest team available vs Guatemala.

Guatemala cannot scout us...the Corbeaux brand is alive and well and the tactics only backfired because we get three. I am sure Maturana was hoping for a 1-0 or best case scenario 0-0. But he cannot come out in public and say he didnt think we coulda win or he saving players for Guatemala so he hush he mouth and doing he work quiet.

Glen up top.

All who get injured/carded will be replaced for the USA game at home but if we beat Guatemala that game is not of much significance. Then all players will be alright to face Cuba at home in the final game.

All I want to know Touches is how much Pacho pay yuh?
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 07:51:02 PM »
Bravo :beermug: pulitzer prize for shooo touches, mats is taking a big chance don't you think? Or was the US game orchestrated to play out how it did, maybe warner and the US now we are going through ???

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 08:06:11 PM »
OK Touches if u say so
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 08:27:36 PM »

TOUCHES YOU JUST TRIED TO MAKE SENSE OUT OF A WHOLE HEAP OF NON-SENSE

GOOD ATTEMPT, VERY GOOD BUT EVENTHOUGH THESE ARE ALL GOOD POINTS

IT WAS NOT IN PANCHOS HEAD, IN HIS HEAD IS                                       AND THATS ALL .WAIT DID YOU NOTICE THE EMPTY SPACE IN THE LINE ABOVE GOOD!!!

IF THAT WAS THE PLAN A PRESS CON COULD HAVE BEEN CALLED. I JUST SAW A VERY ASHAMED COACH

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 08:55:15 PM »
All of you gone mad yes.   I guess yuh have to put yuh self in a "mad man" state of mind to figure out Pacho.   Allyuh still mad though

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 09:45:38 PM »
Touches, since yuh finish yuh MBA, like yuh have too much free brain space. Stop fulling it up with beer. That one waaaaaaaaaay too high.  :beermug: :rotfl:
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 09:49:42 PM »
so we make it to the hex......then what. Rinse and repeat?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 09:54:50 PM »
The Guatemalan performance in the Mateo Flores is very different to how they played in Port of Spain. I will be very surprised if we get 3 points in Guatemala City. If we do, I will remove my profile signature and will cease from any further criticism of Maturana.
I just hope u move it that man face is make me sick .....yah should put ah big x over it.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2008, 10:32:58 PM »

Birchall over Hyland any day of the week...bring back the World Cup center midfield.  Jones  :praying:, Stern or Roberts up top, Glen not suited to the lone striker role.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2008, 10:40:35 PM »
Birchall come back..had a bad game and had stomach pains.....but didnt he set up 2 goals the game b4 that????

would hope your theory is right with lawerence but i dont see James playing....aint tested at int'l level yet
that is just how it works as much as he playing good at club level
and i say let Scotland start...hold up the ball better......
cant have Glen running shuttles EVERY game...let's change that

and is time we had our fate in our own hands....none of that hoping for Cuba etc etc...
beat cuba and Guatemala...we more than capable for it!
and try for at least a point from USA....go 20-25 mins with no goals vs USA and we in with a chance...we start too slow

come maturana...we done reach this far with ya....earn ya money now dammit

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2008, 02:02:35 AM »
Touches is best we dont lose out on goal difference eh !
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2008, 04:41:38 AM »
BM..Touches..you grow ah afro too ???

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2008, 04:50:23 AM »
Folks,

Glen up top.

finally someone who can smell de coffee ...... We dont have to beat de USA ...we done suffering from injuries and cards why take the risk against a team we dont have to beat ....I know ah say dat already nuff times but ah go say it again ...MATURANA DESERVES MORE CREDIT DAN WE ARE GIVING RIGHT NOW ...DIS POOL OF PLAYERS EH HOT !! DE MAN WORKING WELL WITH WHAT HE HAVE ...AH JUST HOPE KENWYN AND dWIGHT COULD FIGURE SOON ..AND CARLOS TAKE HE HEAD FROM DE CLOUDS AND SETTLE DOWN TO REGAINING HIS BEST FORM.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2008, 07:00:30 AM »
Touches is best we dont lose out on goal difference eh !

Nah we should be safe there. We playing Cuba at home in we last game...after half their side woulda defect to the US, plus they have nothing left to play for. So we will know how much goals we need to score...

Touches, it makes sense...if only I thought Maturana was that deep.

We have nobody based in Colombia on the board? I wonder what they think about him over there...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2008, 07:52:43 AM »
Folks,

Glen up top.

finally someone who can smell de coffee ...... We dont have to beat de USA ...we done suffering from injuries and cards why take the risk against a team we dont have to beat ....I know ah say dat already nuff times but ah go say it again ...MATURANA DESERVES MORE CREDIT DAN WE ARE GIVING RIGHT NOW ...DIS POOL OF PLAYERS EH HOT !! DE MAN WORKING WELL WITH WHAT HE HAVE ...AH JUST HOPE KENWYN AND dWIGHT COULD FIGURE SOON ..AND CARLOS TAKE HE HEAD FROM DE CLOUDS AND SETTLE DOWN TO REGAINING HIS BEST FORM.

aight hen Mr. Monk, u got it all analyzed

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2008, 08:04:16 AM »
Watch meh...the man is a dentist.

He have some kinda level of acumen in he afro.

Everybody after seeing the Guatemala game, thought we had a chance....also this opinion was strengthened based on the fact USA only beat Guatemala 1-0 and Cuba 1-0 AWAY. So everybody feel because Guatemala give them a run and CUba only lorse by 1, when we went across there and give them 3, that our chance is as good as any to take points off this USA team.

The key factor in the Guatemala game was Dwight Yorke, without him we don't have a chance. So Pacho after losing the services of his marquee player opted for Damage control.

I fully well appreciate the fact that the man subs iffy, he tactics iffy and his selection policy thus far iffy. But he simply was saving Lawrence and the TT team from themselves on this occasion.

1]; } ?>