April 25, 2024, 08:29:53 PM

Author Topic: It now making sense...I figure out why Lawrence was dropped.  (Read 7291 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: It now making sense...I figure out why Lawrence was dropped.
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2008, 08:09:35 AM »
There must be a bridge in Brooklyn for sale at this rate  :rotfl:  Crappaud smoke we pipe yes
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2008, 08:10:28 AM »
a post by FF comes to mind

WHO COULD SCOUT THIS SIDE??

ah think ah serious here fellas.... PACHO IS AH GENIUS  :rotfl:

here nah... we could win de world cup with this corbeaux brand yuh know  :rotfl:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2008, 08:15:05 AM »
Touches is best we dont lose out on goal difference eh !

Nah we should be safe there. We playing Cuba at home in we last game...after half their side woulda defect to the US, plus they have nothing left to play for. So we will know how much goals we need to score...

And that's going to help us score them  ???

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2008, 08:23:45 AM »
Of course dat just mean we go play wit 0 players upfront instead ah 1
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2008, 08:34:34 AM »
Oh lord I glad dis is the first thread I read upon logging on here this morning....it entertaining for so!!!!...

Touches boy, ah just hope yuh right on dis one....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2008, 08:56:41 AM »
Touches, if you want to take it further, you could even say that Maturana tell the players (or tell Anton to tell them) to play as badly in the USA game to further the cobo brand. That one will have to wait though.

At the end of the day, there is one major down side to yuh analysis.

You just sell out de whole plan to the Guatemala scouts that does be here combing the board in secret. ::)

So figure this : if we doh make the hex, we could always blame you instead of blaming Maturana and the three ring circus  ;D
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2008, 09:18:57 AM »
MATURANA DESERVES MORE CREDIT DAN WE ARE GIVING RIGHT NOW ...DIS POOL OF PLAYERS EH HOT !! DE MAN WORKING WELL WITH WHAT HE HAVE ...

So if the pool eh hot, what is the point of restricting it even more by alienating, having personal grouses with and sidelining some of the better players?

Men was saying the same thing about BSC - de fellas wasn't good. Beenie came and what did he do? He make a side from the same pool that was available to BSC, the exceptions being Birchall, Whitley (since he didn't want to play under BSC), and to a certain extent Latapy.

He turn Cyd Gray that man was afraid to see in the backline into a defender, had the courage to give Kelvin Jack and Tallest a steady run etc.

Beenie strong point was exactly how quickly he separate the sheep from the goats, and then how firmly he stick to his decisions once they were made. Granted he make two critical errors imo (Bleeder and Evans Wise later on) However, plenty men benefit from knowing they were in the coaches first 11 and there was very little chopping and changing like what we are seeing this rounds. Confidence is a hell of a thing.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2008, 09:23:31 AM »
Thing is man talk this talk long time.....Touches just turn it into a full-blown essay.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
  • If it is to be, then it is up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2008, 10:22:32 AM »
fellas i is a man of faith and i doh care who alyuh does pray to but jus pray for at least a draw against gautemala please pray every min
wise men talke because they have something to say,fools talk because they have to say something

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2008, 11:18:19 AM »
Pray without ceasing 1 Thess 5:17
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2008, 12:43:22 PM »
touches thanks for trying to make sense out of nonsense but what you have us is more nonsense if that was the case why not rest cornell glen and play scotland to see what he would give you up from as a loan striker that plan they went with was pure garbage but you reasoning was almost believable good argument on the behalf of those clowns

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2008, 02:18:54 PM »
well well well...what a theory- give the man a cigar ;D
let's see if he really has as much brains as you, touches...
anybody really thinks yorke ever coming back?

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2008, 06:54:32 PM »
Folks,

After reading the article on WHitley and hearing comments by Babwah bout players coming back etc.

I feel this is what went on inside Maturana Afro.

Looking at the big picture, past history, readiness of the squad and players at his disposal...He told himself from the get go from looking at the schedule that TT would lose only ONE game in this semi-final round, and it would be away to the USA.

It was imperative we beat Cuba and Guatemala twice. We were allowed to mess up one game vs Guatemala, a draw away. Now we just have to win away.

Looking at the Card situation.

Lawrence has a yellow card, avery is out, Cyd on a card, Hyland out, I think Makan get one and Keyeno too.

Regardless of the outcome of the Guatemala game, where we 4k up the scene in the last 5 minutes, even though we play good, I sure he must be know to heself that we were not ready to face the USA. If the systems and tactics we were using have us ketching we arse with Guyana the week before and all them other small friendlies were not working and I as a fan could see that...he as the coach must see dat too.

So he knows the Guatemala game is Do or Die...what does he do.

Sacrifice lawrence, knowing we done lorse already....as a card would have him suspended against Guatemala.

Give Makan the sweat for caps, and throw in the Fastest best defender we have, to try they best and fight up. Hence Edwards get the role...he is familiar with him and he weighing him up against Cupid, Smith and Joyce who get a test and fail vs Guyana.

Then knowing the only way to test the US is to unsettle them he puts the only recognised "BLADE MAN" he has that he could sacrifice....Telesford.

Maturana couldnt care two fart if Telesford get a card. He know that he is a role player and dat is it for him. He didnt pick Me Mum due to Me Mum not looking good in the friendly match down here....if we are honest about his performance he was not up to par. and Maturana knows what Telesford capable of.

He knew Denzil cyar pelt no tackle, he know Daniel ent doing it, He know Edwards ent doing it, so is best yuh let Leon and Telesford try they best...if anybody in this midfield get a card and missing the next game is no scene. He also have Wolfe to run wild and try a thing.

So Maturana chooses a iffy line-up to protect the team and have the strongest team available vs Guatemala.

Guatemala cannot scout us...the Corbeaux brand is alive and well and the tactics only backfired because we get three. I am sure Maturana was hoping for a 1-0 or best case scenario 0-0. But he cannot come out in public and say he didnt think we coulda win or he saving players for Guatemala so he hush he mouth and doing he work quiet.

The team for Guatemala away will be

Cyd, Tallest, Keyeno/James, Avery

Midfield of Edwards, Yorke, Whitley, Hyland, Daniel

Glen up top.

All who get injured/carded will be replaced for the USA game at home but if we beat Guatemala that game is not of much significance. Then all players will be alright to face Cuba at home in the final game.

Pacho is a BOSS!!!   ;D ::)

Watch how we in the HEX!!!!

We winning 2-0 in Guatemala.

Good logic but Mats eh so smart
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline damiangoal

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2008, 08:47:44 AM »
Folks,

After reading the article on WHitley and hearing comments by Babwah bout players coming back etc.

Looking at the big picture, past history, readiness of the squad and players at his disposal...He told himself from the get go from looking at the schedule that TT would lose only ONE game in this semi-final round, and it would be away to the USA.

It was imperative we beat Cuba and Guatemala twice. We were allowed to mess up one game vs Guatemala, a draw away. Now we just have to win away.

Lawrence has a yellow card, avery is out, Cyd on a card, Hyland out, I think Makan get one and Keyeno too.

Regardless of the outcome of the Guatemala game, where we 4k up the scene in the last 5 minutes, even though we play good, I sure he must be know to heself that we were not ready to face the USA. If the systems and tactics we were using have us ketching we arse with Guyana the week before and all them other small friendlies were not working and I as a fan could see that...he as the coach must see dat too.

Sacrifice lawrence, knowing we done lorse already....as a card would have him suspended against Guatemala.

Give Makan the sweat for caps, and throw in the Fastest best defender we have, to try they best and fight up. Hence Edwards get the role...he is familiar with him and he weighing him up against Cupid, Smith and Joyce who get a test and fail vs Guyana.

Then knowing the only way to test the US is to unsettle them he puts the only recognised "BLADE MAN" he has that he could sacrifice....Telesford.

Maturana couldnt care two fart if Telesford get a card. He know that he is a role player and dat is it for him. He didnt pick Me Mum due to Me Mum not looking good in the friendly match down here....if we are honest about his performance he was not up to par. and Maturana knows what Telesford capable of.

He knew Denzil cyar pelt no tackle, he know Daniel ent doing it, He know Edwards ent doing it, so is best yuh let Leon and Telesford try they best...if anybody in this midfield get a card and missing the next game is no scene. He also have Wolfe to run wild and try a thing.

So Maturana chooses a iffy line-up to protect the team and have the strongest team available vs Guatemala.

Guatemala cannot scout us...the Corbeaux brand is alive and well and the tactics only backfired because we get three. I am sure Maturana was hoping for a 1-0 or best case scenario 0-0. But he cannot come out in public and say he didnt think we coulda win or he saving players for Guatemala so he hush he mouth and doing he work quiet.

Glen up top.

All who get injured/carded will be replaced for the USA game at home but if we beat Guatemala that game is not of much significance. Then all players will be alright to face Cuba at home in the final game.

Good logic but Mats eh so smart
I agree with every thing that chipsilver said except for the part about Me Mum not performing well in the friendly because it was his freekick that assisted in the two goals that were scored. :)

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2008, 11:03:40 AM »
Folks,

Glen up top.

I sure Faturana did not think about all ah dat.  He aint so bright.  So you theory might be wrong (but it make sense)  ;D

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2008, 01:34:18 PM »
aye trini's is the funniest yes theres no strategy there every game should try to be won that metality that he know we was going to lose to usa so he sacrifice is bullshit i doh care if he play a side of shithounds which they were they should play hard and try to win but no they played like scared biaches.
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2008, 02:43:14 PM »
Alyuh forget the biggest master stroke of all. Picking a man on the team who ent eligible to play a game.

Then again, i suppose you could argue that that is PAcho way of making sure Hyland stay fit since he ent getting no official squad training anywhere else right?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2008, 02:51:34 PM »
Alyuh forget the biggest master stroke of all. Picking a man on the team who ent eligible to play a game.

Then again, i suppose you could argue that that is PAcho way of making sure Hyland stay fit since he ent getting no official squad training anywhere else right?

Maturana is a visionary breds.  U only tinkin short term.  De reason why Mats did pick Hyland is because de US...yes de US...fraid Hyland BAD!

So he pick him KNOWIN FULL WELL dat de US woulda go and protess dat Hyland's tackle was really deserving of a 2 game suspension instead of 1.  Yes...Hyland was therefore ruled out of the US game in Chicago....BUT...as long as he doh repeat de offence against Guatemala, he will be available fuh de crucial return leg against WHO in Trinidad on Oct 15th?  De same US team dat fraid him BAD!

Pacho is a GENIASS breds.  De man tinkin 3, 4 steps ahead a everybody else.  Ah hear he used to be a chess master back in de day.....now yuh seein why!

8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2008, 03:05:59 PM »
Let him return 2 chess

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2008, 04:17:23 PM »

Birchall over Hyland any day of the week...bring back the World Cup center midfield.  Jones  :praying:, Stern or Roberts up top, Glen not suited to the lone striker role.

I wonder how come the coach eh see that!!!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2008, 04:43:12 PM »
What is dis "lone striker role"?

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2008, 04:46:27 PM »

look it up on google

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2008, 05:13:52 PM »

look it up on google

Thanks...I did.

COMMON FOOTBALL FORMATIONS - WIKIPEDIA

4-4-1-1
A variation of 4-4-2 with one of the strikers playing 'in the hole', or as a 'second striker', slightly behind their partner. The second striker is generally a more creative player, the playmaker.[5]

Teams that used this formation

Italy, 2006 FIFA World Cup Winners:
Team: Gianluigi Buffon; Gianluca Zambrotta, Fabio Cannavaro, Marco Materazzi, Fabio Grosso; Mauro Camoranesi, Gennaro Gattuso, Andrea Pirlo, Simone Perrotta; Francesco Totti; Luca Toni. Coach: Marcello Lippi.
Greece, European champion 2004
Finnish national team
Juventus during 2001/2002 and 2002/2003 (Alessandro Del Piero as a 'trequartista' or attacking playmaker behind David Trézéguet) — this was a hugely successful strategy for Juve, as they won the Scudetto in 2002 and 2003 and finished runners-up to AC Milan in the 2003 European Champions League.
Manchester United F.C. during 2006-07 season, In which they won the premiership for the first time in 4 years with Wayne Rooney behind Louis Saha/Ole Gunnar Solskjćr/Alan Smith and Ryan Giggs on the left with Cristiano Ronaldo on the right and in the 07-08 season with Wayne Rooney up top and Carlos Tevez behind him, with Cristiano Ronaldo on the right and Ryan Giggs/ Nani on the left
Fenerbahçe S.K. 2006/2007 season Turkish League champions, under Zico's coaching.

4-4-1-1 Formation

[edit] 4-3-2-1 (the 'Christmas Tree' formation)
This is another variation of the 4-4-2, commonly described as the 'Christmas Tree' formation. Another forward is brought on for a midfielder to play 'in the hole', so leaving two forwards slightly behind the most forward striker. Terry Venables first brought in this system throughout England's Euro 96 campaign. Glenn Hoddle then used this formation during his time in charge of the England national football team. Since then the formation has lost its popularity in England.

Teams that used this formation

AC Milan, 2007 Champion's League Winners:
Team: Dida; Massimo Oddo, Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini, Marek Jankulovski; Gennaro Gattuso, Andrea Pirlo, Massimo Ambrosini; Kaká, Clarence Seedorf; Alberto Gilardino/Filippo Inzaghi. Coach: Carlo Ancelotti.
FC Barcelona during the 2004–05 and 2005–06 seasons when not playing 4-3-3 with Ronaldinho and Ludovic Giuly (or sometimes Lionel Messi during 2005–06) playing behind Samuel Eto'o.
Fenerbahce S.K. during Turkish Super League in 2007/2008 season and UEFA Champions League 2007/2008 season under Zico's coaching by using Deivid and Alex de Souza freely as creative forwards behind the lone striker played by Kezman and Semih in rotation.
Egypt national football team during 1998 African Cup of Nations with the coach Mahmoud El-Goharyand the pharaohs won the title.
France national football team champions of 1998 FIFA World Cup (at the final part of the tourney):
Team: Fabien Barthez; Bixente Lizarazu, Laurent Blanc, Marcel Desailly, Lilian Thuram ; Emmanuel Petit, Didier Deschamps, Christian Karembeu ; Youri Djorkaeff, Zinedine Zidane; Stephane Guivarc'h. Coach: Aimé Jacquet.

Thanks for the suggestion.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 05:15:27 PM by palos »

1]; } ?>