March 28, 2024, 03:29:47 AM

Author Topic: Could Latas be the next player/head coach of T&T?  (Read 5148 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Could Latas be the next player/head coach of T&T?
« on: September 16, 2008, 07:09:36 PM »
Word is a very influential national footballer is trying to make it happen.  Sit back and watch de ride. 8)
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Could Latas be the next player/head coach of T&T?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 07:13:13 PM »
Word is a very influential national footballer is trying to make it happen.  Sit back and watch de ride. 8)

It should have happened after Wim(even though Wim should have never been sacked)

Come on Dwighty ..work your persuasive magic

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 08:21:42 PM »
Watch d ride ah watchin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 08:27:23 PM »
Once he ent teaching them that it ok to smoke cigarettes and play ball. He could geh bligh what we have to lose???
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 09:22:35 PM »
Ah know that is ah question buh ah feel is also ah wish , ah doh want to sound to negative buh alyuh know the kind ah man latas is and latas know how the CLOWN and his circus hands does operate alyuh realy feel that man go leave way he is and come to trinibago to coach the national team for the CLOWN to fack him up
like how he do to every other coach  ,ah doh think so dah man to smart for dat .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 09:36:38 PM »
Well d clown owe he and DY money as dey had a seperate agreement than d other players so he might need 2 collect dat b4 he come.Dem fellas have a real luv 4 country so u neva know
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 09:42:20 PM »
yeh yuh right buh havin ah love for country and havin to deal wid the circus master is two completely different things .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 10:17:24 PM »
I agree wit u meh eh luv TNT dat much 2 wuk 4 d TTFF. Dat being said I will neva 4get d way Cyd and Sancho look after dat Bermuda defeat. Dem fellas like dey prepare 2 deal wit d clown. I figure Latas will b d same way. Qualifyin 4 a WC is an amazing ting and dem fellas want 2 b apart of it again

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 04:29:36 AM »
Hmmmm. Nuff said.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 05:00:52 AM »
Obviously you eh following de big debate in England bout automatically making good players coaches with great expectations ..in fact the results show that good players often fail as good coaches. Argentina tried it with their best player ever ... it was bound to succeed ...Maradona coaching young players would have made them the world's best right ? wrong !!!! go check de debate and Maradona's record as coach ..in fact check the record of top players as coaches !!
Barziol tried mant times to entice pele but he say nah not me !!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 06:12:12 AM »
I wonder if Latas is the coach and we going like we going, will we criticize him like we do Pacho and call for Latas head?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 06:51:34 AM »
I not seeing the man retiring and leavign falkirk mid season to coach us for three games. Maybe when the season done he could be persuaded, or once we make the hex.

But if we make the hex, would the option still be on the table?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 08:25:40 AM »
If wemake d hex we short term memory go kick in

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 08:38:55 AM »
I believe Angus Eve, Reynold Carrington or David Nakhid might better options than both Dwight or Latapy.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2008, 11:40:19 PM »
I believe Angus Eve, Reynold Carrington or David Nakhid might better options than both Dwight or Latapy.

To coach the National Team  ??? ??? ???
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 07:44:12 AM »

What have they done in their past coaching careers that make you so confident they can take on the responsibility of the national team?

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 07:50:24 AM »

What have they done in their past coaching careers that make you so confident they can take on the responsibility of the national team?

You cyar be for real.  Eve is an assistant coach at Jabloteh, Carrington is still working on getting his badges.  Nakhid would be a good prospect, but he is very frictional, but that is another issue by itself.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 07:53:27 AM »

You cyar be for real.  Eve is an assistant coach at Jabloteh, Carrington is still working on getting his badges.  Nakhid would be a good prospect, but he is very frictional, but that is another issue by itself.

No boss..am very serious..forgive me for wanting a proven coach to take the mantle of my national team (although that is not always the case with the TTFF)...no disrespect to Eve or the others mentioned but its only wise to give this responsibility to someone who is capable...Being the assistant coach of jabloteh or currently working on coaching badges does not meet the criteria of being ready to take on the national team
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 08:09:34 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 07:54:49 AM »

De same question applies to Latas.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2008, 07:56:48 AM »

De same question applies to Latas.

Yes sir...not because a player was a great player for his country means he will be a great coach...I too will like to see Latapy coach T&T one day..

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 11:53:48 AM »
if it happens, it happens after the current campaign. I want latas to get a full opportunity to impress, not just called to clean up a mess he didn't make
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Is Latapy our King Kev?
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2008, 12:35:23 PM »
I dont know if anyone brought this topic up before, but i was thinking about the Newcastle supporters and their love for Kevin Keagan even when he wasnt getting good results they believed that he was the man for the job. 

It eventually lead me to believe that if Latas was coach, would we quarrel and denounce his ability the way we did with Bertile, Wim, Maturana, Corneal, Najar etc?

Or would we rally with our hero to the end?  Would we question his selections and his tactics?

If that day comes, we will se what we will do

ah love it!!

« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 12:49:32 PM by andre samuel »
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Is Latapy our King Kev?
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2008, 04:43:05 PM »
After the honeymoon is over and we not getting results- is the same story for Latapy.
 Incidentally - A prophet has no honour in his .own country- Ask Gally.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2008, 05:51:18 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. We does luv u 4 breakfast and my lunch u is d worse ting 2 coach oui present coach d exception. Trinis not Goians are haters Latas go b treated like everybody.  Dey go say Latas boi gr8 player horrible coach

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2008, 06:00:46 PM »
well a big coaching saying is " you are not a real coach until you get fired"
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2008, 06:03:44 PM »
Y d Don is a legend and he clean up a mess we know dis mess like d labase but dat should not exclude him. He
go b a bigger hero if possible if he take we2 SA 2010

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2008, 06:04:35 PM »
Well lets make d dumbtist a big coach again nah

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2008, 06:22:51 PM »
I hope this could be true but isn't he like a player/coach at his club???

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2008, 06:49:10 PM »
Excerpt from a Daily Record article:
Midfield linchpin Russell Latapy is set to return after injury and he's another Yogi reckons is destined for management, this time with Trinidad and Tobago.

He added: "Russell's a God over there and I'll never forget stepping off the plane on tour with Hibs a few years ago and seeing a brass band on the tarmac to greet the wee man coming home.

"He's a certainty to become their national boss at some stage but he still has work to do here and there's no better player for our youngsters to learn from. Even if he's only playing for 20 or 30 minutes these days he can still unlock the door and as soon as he steps off the bench other managers shoot a look to say, 'Oh no, here he comes'."

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2008, 07:16:33 PM »
This is the best news I ‘v heard in ahh long time he should know a lot of the players they have respect for him they will play hard for latas  :beermug: :beermug: this is great
Empty barrels make the most noise

1]; } ?>