April 28, 2024, 07:03:40 PM

Author Topic: D Biggest Shittong to play in ah WorldCup  (Read 10531 times)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: D Biggest Shittong to play in ah WorldCup
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2008, 01:48:30 PM »
allyuh quick to call players name in this thread when
1) they better than all of us
2) they play for clubs some of our best palyers will never play for
3) they could all make our current team if they were in their prime
4) we produce men like wise and bleeder plus ah bunch of men who cant trap or pass

Mazinho, Escobar and several others mentioned in this thread were very solid players, just because their team contained players more gifted than them don't make them lame.

Anyway I talking $hit, hyland, makan, hardest, etc. are boss players, ronaldinho eh want nutten with dem.

I does really wonder about some of allyuh on dis forum especially the ones who never kick ah lime or ah dixie cola bottle.

Partner , dont fret up, just read and get kicks. Alot of the responses here is based on emotion rather than logic. Wim was a imps six months ago, now man calling for Wim again and it goes on. Alot of the postings here are done for popularity and venting emotion.

Once yuh dont agree with them , Paco must go, Beenie must go , wim must go and all kinda crap.   

Imagine years ago they criticising coaches for playing only foreign based players, saying our players here are better. Wim play locals , then said they ent ready, man bash Wim and the same set of them who bash him want Chris Birchall ( ent playing nothing at his club ), Stern John (who cannot suite a one striker system) , Silvio Spann ( they dont even know if he running at all ) , Brent Sancho ( cant find a team to stay at ) etc. to play in front of the same locals who they get vex for when Wim say they ent ready.

Waggonist is not a term . It is a way of thought. And plenty men who have '000 posts here are waggonist for real !

You only have 792 more to go, yuh wasting time.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2008, 01:52:39 PM »
Whaiz wid all de Brazilians gehhin honourable mentions? Jai John volunteer a few Argentines nah man :devil:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2008, 01:57:24 PM »
Whaiz wid all de Brazilians gehhin honourable mentions? Jai John volunteer a few Argentines nah man :devil:

Nuff men on de 86 and 90 side who make up the supporting cast for Maradona..

In 1990, i don't think ah ever see ah side flukes dey way through to a world cup final like that. Brazil had them to hang in the quarterfinals, real chances, hit post, keeper save, rattle crossbar and one moment of brilliance from maradona to set up caniggia and game done. Lewwe doh talk about how they get past a superior Italy side and win on penalty kicks..

what about this fellah.. Matias Almeyda... how he get sweat?

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2008, 03:09:45 PM »
Kicker,

Pauleta self...ball does follow him and he does do shit.

I find omar players were decent...I find crouch have talent...YES..Crouch could handle he scenes.

Asamoah not bad, and the other dark fella/redman odonkor or whaever...who have speed

Melchiot not bad.

Borgarde is not the shithound men make him out to be...he just stay in chelsea to take a big pay.

Kuryani could pot a ball too.

But yeah...pauleta shitty kicker.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2008, 03:14:52 PM »
Mazinho was not a great player, but was a very good one. He played defensive mid-field and did a great job. The same can be said of the two defensive mid for Brazil who played in Japan/Korea. They were not great but the run they areses off so that Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and the othe left-footed mid/forward(can't rememeber his name at the moment) can play attacking football. They all have won a WC medal. They can't be that bad!!!!!!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2008, 03:20:04 PM »
Mazinho was not a great player, but was a very good one. He played defensive mid-field and did a great job. The same can be said of the two defensive mid for Brazil who played in Japan/Korea. They were not great but the run they areses off so that Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and the othe left-footed mid/forward(can't rememeber his name at the moment) can play attacking football. They all have won a WC medal. They can't be that bad!!!!!!

i have to admit, when i was watching that world cup, i didnt have the appreciation for the sport that i have now so i willing to digress on mazinho...

so i was used to seeing Rai right thru on Euro football weekly lighting up the french league, brazil captain, going and do big things in the world cup and had high hopes.. This was replaced by a afro toting workhorse in mazinho who i never heard of.. i didnt yet know how to appreciate his contribution especially if it went unnoticed, so i probably didnt rate him back then..

the men u referring to are cesar sampaio and mauro silva, 2 excellent defensive players..

and the left footer is none other than rivaldo.  :beermug:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2008, 03:24:51 PM »

Rivaldo (left footer)

Gilberto Silva & Kleberson (defensive mids...altho Kelberson wasn't exactly a defensive mid but he did run plenty)

Back line was Lucio, Edmilson, Roque Junior (candidate fuh shithong award), Cafu, and Roberto Carlos

Brazil den did play 5 at de back wit Edmilson ahead of de back 4, Gilberto Silva, Kleberson, Ronaldinho, & Rivaldo across de park wit Rivaldo & Ronaldinho switchin between deyself as playmakers, and Ronaldo alone up front.

BTW..I never see Rivaldo put een as much work as when he did in this tournament.  
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2008, 03:26:24 PM »
the men u referring to are cesar sampaio and mauro silva, 2 excellent defensive players..

I think dem 2 played in 98...not 2002.

Mauro Silva was probably de bess defensive mid in de world at de time.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2008, 03:27:55 PM »

I think dem 2 played in 98...not 2002.

Mauro Silva was probably de bess defensive mid in de world at de time.

steups, hard luck there ah mixing up my years again..

i must be getting old.

yeah mauro silva was ah boss.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2008, 03:48:24 PM »
Yep Mauro Silva was boss.

BTW, What all yuh think about Marco Senna. I don't think Brazil have a defensive mid as good as him at the moment. I think he is a damn good player. I will go so far as to say that Brazil lose a good one.

Offline loyalist

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2008, 04:36:01 PM »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2008, 04:58:27 PM »
Yep Mauro Silva was boss.

BTW, What all yuh think about Marco Senna. I don't think Brazil have a defensive mid as good as him at the moment. I think he is a damn good player. I will go so far as to say that Brazil lose a good one.

Marco Senna is an excellent player.

I think by the time WC 2010 roll around, Anderson & Josue could well be up there as a defensive midfield tandem.  Watch out fuh Sao Paulo's Hernanes who could pass dem all.

Senna currently better than dem but such is Brazil's depth that I'm confident he won't be missed come 2010.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2008, 05:31:22 PM »
Peeps who does b complainin bout how we does b complain do dey visit any other fan site. If d answer is yesssssss deh more dumb than it appear. D fans doh even 2nd guess dey 1st guess, cuss etc. Dat is fans wuk  and we extremely competent here.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2008, 05:41:05 PM »
Kicker,

Pauleta self...ball does follow him and he does do shit.

I find omar players were decent...I find crouch have talent...YES..Crouch could handle he scenes.

Asamoah not bad, and the other dark fella/redman odonkor or whaever...who have speed

Melchiot not bad.

Borgarde is not the shithound men make him out to be...he just stay in chelsea to take a big pay.

Kuryani could pot a ball too.

But yeah...pauleta shitty kicker.

How you could berate Pauleta and then in the same breath rate Crouch, Melchiot, Asamoah and Odonkor is beyond me...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 05:43:13 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2008, 05:41:31 PM »

Germany, Carsten Jancker, Kevin Kuranyi and the big black forward who always getting pick and never sweating.. whaz he name again?

Asamoah?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2008, 05:48:27 PM »

BTW..I never see Rivaldo put een as much work as when he did in this tournament.  

Globally underappreciated I find.....At one point he was undoubtedly the best in the world...

I've seen Rivaldo carry Barca on his back on occasion like no other player do for any other team..
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2008, 07:12:33 PM »
My vote goes to Stéphane Guivarc'h-France & Newcastle United

Played for France in d WorldCup Final 1998 and for d life of me, ah doe understand why Aime Jacquet continue to play he instead of Thiery Henry.... ::)

weird thing with this one is they won the WC....Thierry eh play a winger in that side??

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2008, 07:15:12 PM »
Theobald have to win dat.....
Also De Marcus Beasley...dat man eh bet he is tatta boi.
Trezeguet and Karembeau or whatever he name was...Trezeguet never look good in ah world cup yet.

Oh yeah and Silvian Wiltord.

De whole american team..even dem hero captain Claudio Reyna
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2008, 07:15:44 PM »
Roque Junior
Christian Karembeau...and he win nearly everything yuh coulda win in football, plus he have a bess wife.
The Neville brothers.
Theobold...yes Kiffy, yuh boy!
Eric Wynalda, Jeff Agoos, Cobi Jones...i find dem men was jess shitty.
Pauletta

nah touches...eh look for ya there..
or u jus hate Man Utd.??

as much as i eh care for man utd or england...Gary neville is one of the most consistent wing backs over the years...nothing flashy...but he gets the job down...
man jus injured now

phil neville was jus average...decent enuff nothing special
gary put in a word for him to play...thas bout it

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2008, 07:19:01 PM »
in my world cup viewing lifetime....

For Brazil, a big shitong was that dougla looking forward Giovanni in 1994 I think.. start the first game and never to be seen after that. Also Rai have to get honorable mention, and I also never rate that Maturana look-alike Mazinho. Junior Baiano wasn't all dat either..

For Italy, one man I never rated but used to always get a guaranteed sweat was Angelo Di Livio. For de life of me I never understand he purpose.. Then it had Cristiano Zanetti and a winger name Moriero, cyah remember if it was world cup 98 or Euro 2000, but lawd dem was some pullstones..

Holland, i would have to say Mario Melchiot, Bogarde, Kiki Musampa and Peter Van Vossen was de shittiest men I ever see don de orange uniform..

Germany, Carsten Jancker, Kevin Kuranyi and the big black forward who always getting pick and never sweating.. whaz he name again?

But de shittiest world cup men ever come from england...

Danny Mills ???  Trevor Sinclair ???  Emile Heskey ???

and de shittiest of them all....

PETER FACKIN CROUCH!!

di livio? nah
moriero...?? nahh, he play good in 98
zanetti....he play for italy in a WC???

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2008, 07:19:19 PM »
but ya stretchin it with peter crouch in that call...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2008, 07:43:50 PM »
imo roque junior was good for brazil, but shitty everywhere else..

wiltord is a good call dat is ah piece ah la la.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2008, 11:59:50 PM »
I was trying to stay away from this thread but what de hell

Ah don't know who it was who say

"football is like a piano. On a team you need three men who know how to play it and 8 men to carry the damn thing."

I remember mih father complaining how much of a labourer Mazinho was in 94 and wondering if he came from Brazil village, with he lack of skills.

In hindsight, though I never see him play outside of the World Cup, I have to say that labourer <> shittong/shit hound. It have plenty men who less talented than the others who around them on a team. Usually, in the case of teams with big player pools, they there for a reason, and it have nothing to do with blackmailing the coach.

The more you have men like Ronaldinho, Zidane, Maradona, Latapy etc in a side who have licence to kill and never hear bout tackle unless it involve fishing, the more you need labourers to bring balance to the side. Granted, it have men like Deschamps and Dunga who does make being a hard man look attractive, but at the end of the day, nobody don't ask d-mids and defenders (because is mostly those we talking about if we honest with we self) to be pretty.

As far as I concern, the only positions where it REAL easy to identify a man as a shittong is striker - NB I didn't say forward. I said STRIKER. That is why, unfortunately, in all objectivity I can't put Crouch in that category. While he is mediocre as far as his capacity as a goalscorer goes, he uses his height to good advantage in the service of his teammates. I suppose you could call him a poor man's Jan Koller.
However, men like Kuranyi and Asamoah for me fall into that category easy easy wheenever they have on a german national team shirt, at least.

As far as Guivarch goes, at the time France was suffering from a lack of real centre forwards (the running joke was that there were more strikers in the street than on the field) - he only made his first appearance for them a couple months before the world cup (on the back of club form i presume), and only ever scored one goal for his country (ina  pre-wc friendly) and never ever represented them afterwards.

Pauleta is a boss striker. He even hit a hattrick in one world cup match against Poland (2002). His main problem was being part of a Portuguese side that didn't hit its prime until he was a bit past his, and which just didn't have the personnel to service him the way he needed to be while he was still in good nick.

Problem is, you can't judge a player on one tournament. Some fellas are suffering from confidence problems going into a tourney and it shows. Others just can't handle the nerves (proof that playing for your country and your club is not the same thing)

ps. Wiltord might be a ugly player (in every sense of the word lol) but he was a decent baller. You don't play for the best club in France, one of the best in England and the post 1998 French national team (guess how many caps) by accident.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 12:43:37 AM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2008, 12:21:55 AM »
Serginho.  De man have a real spoon foot.  Dey bring dat man out of jail to play for Brazil.  Boy, if you see throw way.  He must be went straight back to jail after dat WC and dey throw way de key.

1982 WC in Spain.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 12:34:17 AM by Savannah boy »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2008, 03:57:43 AM »
Serginho was pretty unforgettable.

A great team, and this throw away specialist. Yet, they kept playing him.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>