March 29, 2024, 12:31:35 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland may send Carlos on loan  (Read 6673 times)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Sunderland may send Carlos on loan
« on: September 17, 2008, 07:30:22 AM »
http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1806_4158112,00.html

Sunderland have received an enquiry for Carlos Edwards, reportedly from Sheffield Wednesday, while Anthony Stokes could also be loaned out.

Black Cats boss Roy Keane is prepared to listen to offers for Trinidad and Tobago international winger Edwards.

The 29-year-old former Wrexham and Luton star has not featured for the first team since coming off the bench in the 1-0 home defeat by Liverpool on the opening day of the Premier League season.

"There has been interest in Carlos and I'll have a chat with him," Keane told the Shields Gazette.

Championship outfit Wednesday have previously been linked with a move for Edwards.

Keane is also prepared to loan out Republic of Ireland international Stokes, whose only outing so far was a half-hour stint in the 3-0 home defeat by Manchester City.

However, the 20-year-old, who had a prolific spell at Falkirk while contracted to Arsenal in 2006, has impressed Keane with his application in training.

"I've had no calls about Stokesy, but I'm open-minded with some of the players on the fringes, and if a club wants to ring up and ask about Stokesy, we'll have a chat," added Keane.

"He's keeping his head down and he's working hard.

"I think it would have helped if he'd been away with Ireland Under-21s last week.

"He would have benefited from that because he needs games."

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland may send Carlos on loan
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 07:35:29 AM »
Not good news for Carlos, Like Keane dont think he ready.

I rather him stay on the bench and be fit for TnT next games tha to go down to the championship and battle all day.

They need Carlos down the right he will be a plus for them to deliver some balls to their new forwards.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 07:39:13 AM »
Let JW pull the same strings he could get Keane fired with, to get Carlos to join the new empire of Man City.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 07:43:24 AM »
Tough for Carlos but it is a performance league.

From th elooks of things he not even in contention and is Malbranque he competing with.

I always believe that yuh better off playing than riding pine so a move to Wednesday is not bad IMO.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 07:51:45 AM »
is Malbranque he competing with.
Malbranque and Diouf! And, apparently, Liam Miller.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 08:02:12 AM »
Once u playin and he regain he form Keane go want him back but is it Keane gettin rid of d TNT players?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 08:06:50 AM »
Carlos playing shit for everybody, let him get a sweat and ketch heself.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 08:10:00 AM »
I prefer he goes out on loan and plays regularly that stick around at Sunderland and get stale on the bench.  When Carlos was at his peak for T&T he was a championship division player...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 08:44:07 AM »
I think he should send him out on loan, because he isn't going to get a game the way his form has been lately.  It might be the chnage will put his mind back on the game and away from his injury. 

There isn't anybody else like him on the right side a flying and on form Carlos would be a big asset.

Miller should be gone by now, never mind in front of him, even if he is off form.

Keane's judgement on players is suspect, he certainly sees things I don't in a few, they must do it in training but never in the match.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 09:11:26 AM »
I think he should send him out on loan, because he isn't going to get a game the way his form has been lately.  It might be the chnage will put his mind back on the game and away from his injury. 

There isn't anybody else like him on the right side a flying and on form Carlos would be a big asset.

Miller should be gone by now, never mind in front of him, even if he is off form.

Keane's judgement on players is suspect, he certainly sees things I don't in a few, they must do it in training but never in the match.

Agree with you there.....what does Keane see in Miller. Sorry, but that guy is a championship player and that's when he is playing well.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 09:26:43 AM »
WOW!!

Talk about a fall from grace.......

This is a results business, but then again, i confused, wasnt Keane the one that said that he wants a large squad on first teamers to compete in this league?  Has Carlos fallen so badly off that he is not even good enough to be in Keane's large squad of players to choose from?

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 09:30:43 AM »
My opinion is that he goes to sheffield and regain form and confidence..and hopefully attracts a contract with another premier club or even help take sheffield to the prem...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 09:44:59 AM »
WOW!!

Talk about a fall from grace.......

This is a results business, but then again, i confused, wasnt Keane the one that said that he wants a large squad on first teamers to compete in this league?  Has Carlos fallen so badly off that he is not even good enough to be in Keane's large squad of players to choose from?

Well let's not get too far ahead of ourselves though.  All Keane said is that he'll have a talk with him.  I think the two will approach this as two professional adults...Keane will probably say to him something like, "look x & y have asked about you and I wanted to give you the opportunity to weigh in on this yadda yadda" Then it's up to Carlos to say yes I want to explore a loan opp, or no I want to stay here and fight for my place....either of which I'm sure Keane will be open to.  It's no secret that Carlos is a fringe player at Sunderland right now.  Based on what I've read in the past, I also think that Keane has strong admiration for Carlos and while he recognizes that the club is developing and acquiring more seasoned players, I think he does to some extent have Carlos' career interest at heart...and as I posted before I think this could be a good career move for Carlos.  Another thing to consider is Keane's unwillingness to deal with the TTFF & JW regarding controversies surrounding int'l players and their WCQ commitments- one less headache for Keano if Carlos plies his trade elsewhere for this crucial season where qualifiers will be a huge interruption....Factor those things in, and it's probalby not as simple as a fall from grace and Carlos not being good enough to be in Keane's player pool....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 09:56:38 AM »
I understand that all those points need to be factored and i agree with you that he may might very well just want to talk to carlos to hear what he has to say and give carlos the option to move.  But my point is the fact that good teams cant survive with one good player in every position and the Keane's willingness to have a chat with carlos can also mean that he is not in his plans.   

It also might come down to a pride thing with carlos so i hope that he makes the right decision given the fact that he is 29 years old.

It would be nice for him to get a prem loan move, but i am sure that Keane would never release him to a competitor in the league........but then again he did let Higginbottom go to Stoke........the plot thickens...

ah love it!!

ps: the real fight with the TTFF will come with Kenwyne next month.....
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
  • If it is to be, then it is up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 10:00:28 AM »
a wish he stay and he will want to stay after all its the prem
wise men talke because they have something to say,fools talk because they have to say something

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 10:11:49 AM »
Carlos know that was coming sooner or later....playing for english club you have to perform.... alway fighting for ur spot the same way other guy's are....i think he should go on loan with another team who is interested... so he could get playing time and be fit for T&T next WCQ

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 11:09:00 AM »

It would be nice for him to get a prem loan move, but i am sure that Keane would never release him to a competitor in the league........but then again he did let Higginbottom go to Stoke........the plot thickens...

ah love it!!

ps: the real fight with the TTFF will come with Kenwyne next month.....

Can't happen until January only Football League clubs are allowed to loan now until the transfer window opens again.

See Kenwyn back running thread

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2008, 11:18:21 AM »
De Rolls Royce gear dong to a Honda Civic now.

Which in and of itself eh exactly bad....but it eh a Rolls Royce ifyuhknowhaadamean.

Sad.  He had it all to be at de top.  Saw him in Chicago and while he was one of our better players, men who he would have ghosted by with no problem up to 2 years ago, he now losin de ball to.  Still a good player but not CARLOS EDWARDS anymore.  :'(
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2008, 12:02:56 PM »
De Rolls Royce gear dong to a Honda Civic now.

Which in and of itself eh exactly bad....but it eh a Rolls Royce ifyuhknowhaadamean.

Sad.  He had it all to be at de top.  Saw him in Chicago and while he was one of our better players, men who he would have ghosted by with no problem up to 2 years ago, he now losin de ball to.  Still a good player but not CARLOS EDWARDS anymore.  :'(

and you just being kind ...carlos is way below form these days ....de man give away de ball under pressure so much against USA ... he also just seemed to put down his head and run ..... into trouble ! I dont know if you could explain it ? Injury is really a sportman's nightmare !!!
He has not yet proved himself in the top bracket..pretty much like Stern who always seems better suited to the championship div than the premiership....
I would ship him out if I was Keane and no doubt he will !

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2008, 12:06:56 PM »
Orrite Carlos, this will be an opportunity to get into tip top shape and return to your previous form.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 12:13:58 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2008, 02:01:07 PM »
no surprise here...carlos needs to be sent somewhere he can regain confidence and some form
Back in Trini...

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2008, 02:47:15 PM »
Once Keene's blue eye boy, now not even getting a look.  He is not looking himself:  touch looked heavy against the US.  I think he needs to psychologically get over the injuries he suffered, and that takes time.  A loan spell,might do wonders to regain confidence.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2008, 08:12:21 PM »

I rather him stay on the bench and be fit for TnT next games tha to go down to the championship and battle all day.

They need Carlos down the right he will be a plus for them to deliver some balls to their new forwards.
      This post concerns me a bit,i can't understand how Carlos could stay on the bench and be fit for T&T next set of games,i would think by playing regular he would be match fit.What players get away with in T&T don't happen out there,names don't say a thing it's ability and form that counts because these managers want results,watch the big leagues and see the kind of players making bench,imagine man does be saying Adebayor and Crouch are shithounds and should not be playing in the Premier league,don't be surprisd when guys like Carlos can't make it.   

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2008, 08:27:23 PM »

This post concerns me a bit,i can't understand how Carlos could stay on the bench and be fit for T&T next set of games,i would think by playing regular he would be match fit.What players get away with in T&T don't happen out there,names don't say a thing it's ability and form that counts because these managers want results,watch the big leagues and see the kind of players making bench,imagine man does be saying Adebayor and Crouch are shithounds and should not be playing in the Premier league,don't be surprisd when guys like Carlos can't make it.   

Them men does still stay fit , he playing regular for the reserves and training real hard to make the squad. If he go to a championship side and is a key part of the attack is hard kick he getting all day, better to stay in sunderland and train hard and stay fit.

fit in terms of injury not match sharpness.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2008, 08:34:13 PM »

Them men does still stay fit , he playing regular for the reserves and training real hard to make the squad. If he go to a championship side and is a key part of the attack is hard kick he getting all day, better to stay in sunderland and train hard and stay fit.

fit in terms of injury not match sharpness.
How come Carlos ent play against LiverPuddle today for the reserves?
2-1 by the way
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2008, 08:38:57 PM »
I dislocated my shoulder two weeks ago in a tournament in Savannah and the psychological impact it has on me is significant like will I ever be able to do the push ups and stuff I used to do before will I be able to bang with man shoulder to shoulder and all that ... movement is  seriously restricted I even decide to not play meh current season in Cobb league ....now here's the thing  .... In one season Carlos significantly tear his hamstring to a dangerous extent .................He dislocated his shoulder ......... and  he broke his leg ........ all in one season..........and it never struck me as significantly as when I dislocated my shoulder .....just how deep a pit of hell this brother had with injuries.....I proud to see him back and I backing him to come good ..he tougher than allyuh think ...and I think a move loan will be good for him too
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 08:41:43 PM by Ngozi »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2008, 08:54:50 PM »
Carlos should consider being a brazillian style right back defender.  He can come up the wing as a suprise winger like the brazillian right backs do  .

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2008, 08:58:02 PM »
Carlos need to go home sleep for like 2 months.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2008, 09:40:39 PM »
Keane has been real patient with Carlos...and I am sure a lot of that has to do with his form and goals in helping them get promoted.

A loan move could bring about re-energized form...but too many times you hear of loan players end up being bought by the team they're loaned to, (I ain't assured of a prem loan for Carlos) or otherwise end up becoming football nomads. Of course they could impress like hell while on loan and return and shine for their team but is a risk still.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2008, 07:21:50 AM »
Once u playin and he regain he form Keane go want him back but is it Keane gettin rid of d TNT players?

And the conspiracy theories begin...

1]; } ?>