March 28, 2024, 10:42:32 PM

Author Topic: Wenger Has Eyes For American Wunderkind - Charles Renken  (Read 4127 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wenger Has Eyes For American Wunderkind - Charles Renken
« on: September 18, 2008, 03:13:08 PM »
Wenger Has Eyes For American Wunderkind
Charles Renken may be only 14 years old, but Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has expressed interest in signing the American teen-sensation.
Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us  galleria zoom    It appears that Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has shown interest in American teen phenom Charles Renken, according to unconfirmed reports. The 14-year-old has apparently reciprocated the interest shown by the English giants, being a fan of the Gunners.

Built out of the same mold as his idol, 19-year-old Freddy Adu, Renken has been dubbed the next big thing in American soccer. Adu, now with Ligue 1 side Monaco, was 14 when he turned pro and joined D.C United of MLS in 2004. Similarly small and quick, Renken is a potential game-changer and creative type.

Also like Adu, who lived in Ghana until he was 9 years old, Renken was born in Africa, in Zambia, and moved to the United States as a boy.

It is understood that the hype surrounding Renken is so intense that the player will forgo his chance of playing in the MLS for the hopes of signing with a European club, hopes that seems justified.

A deal for the youngster, who is currently part of the youth development academy at Bradenton, Florida, is apparently going to be completed within a year's time, with clubs from all over Europe, not just Arsenal, showning interest in his raw ability. He's already had trials with Reading and 1860 Munich.

Many speculate Renken will receive his first full cap for the US Men’s National team before he reaches the age of 17, a very impressive feat, to say the least. He is currently a member of the under-17 squad
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wenger Has Eyes For American Wunderkind - Charles Renken
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 07:36:12 PM »
ass scene  yuh like dem young :rotfl:
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 08:43:19 PM »
Represent Zambia lad, don't be an idiot

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 08:48:38 PM »
Ah tell yuh, just now Wenger going to be patrolling the maternity wards oui. :rotfl:
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 09:01:13 PM »
Ah tell yuh, just now Wenger going to be patrolling the maternity wards oui. :rotfl:

Yuh go get dem Arsenal fans in here on yuh case  :D...Go Brave !!

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 10:36:51 AM »

Yuh go get dem Arsenal fans in here on yuh case  :D...Go Brave !!

Ahhm........., I AM an Arsenal fan.  :D
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 10:44:57 AM »
Also like Adu, who lived in Ghana until he was 9 years old, Renken was born in Africa, in Zambia, and moved to the United States as a boy. ....is now a Wunderkind ?

Since nobody decide to say...leh me ask the question for my edification....what is a Wunderkind  ???

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 10:50:07 AM »
allyuh ever see da boy?

14 my ass.

and freddy adu eh no 19. he at least a hard stones 23.

i is sweat with some west africans some weekends. they is real make joke bout de ages of players from the continent. apparently lying bout yuh age is a common thing. they claim kanu is about 40 and the reason jj okocha retire at "34" is b/c he really about 42.

as for the nigerian olympic under 23 team only having 1 overage player - try d whole team instead.

giggsy11

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 12:06:22 PM »
Wenger Has Eyes For American Wunderkind
Charles Renken may be only 14 years old, but Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has expressed interest in signing the American teen-sensation.
Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us  galleria zoom    It appears that Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has shown interest in American teen phenom Charles Renken, according to unconfirmed reports. The 14-year-old has apparently reciprocated the interest shown by the English giants, being a fan of the Gunners.

Built out of the same mold as his idol, 19-year-old Freddy Adu, Renken has been dubbed the next big thing in American soccer. Adu, now with Ligue 1 side Monaco, was 14 when he turned pro and joined D.C United of MLS in 2004. Similarly small and quick, Renken is a potential game-changer and creative type.

Also like Adu, who lived in Ghana until he was 9 years old, Renken was born in Africa, in Zambia, and moved to the United States as a boy.

It is understood that the hype surrounding Renken is so intense that the player will forgo his chance of playing in the MLS for the hopes of signing with a European club, hopes that seems justified.

A deal for the youngster, who is currently part of the youth development academy at Bradenton, Florida, is apparently going to be completed within a year's time, with clubs from all over Europe, not just Arsenal, showning interest in his raw ability. He's already had trials with Reading and 1860 Munich.

Many speculate Renken will receive his first full cap for the US Men’s National team before he reaches the age of 17, a very impressive feat, to say the least. He is currently a member of the under-17 squad

They trying to do Adu 2 or what? Don't believe the hype, let the boy ripe!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 12:12:17 PM »
If is the same kid I am thinking about then he is a monster for his age group. I saw him at Region III camp in Satrksville, MS the guy was striking the ball clear across the field with one step (granted the field are a little smaller). He was showing out some juggling tricks. This guy can easily make the U-20s.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

giggsy11

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 12:17:02 PM »
If is the same kid I am thinking about then he is a monster for his age group. I saw him at Region III camp in Satrksville, MS the guy was striking the ball clear across the field with one step (granted the field are a little smaller). He was showing out some juggling tricks. This guy can easily make the U-20s.

Yep, Aresene doh have tuh 'teach' him anything!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 12:36:18 PM »

Alright, alright, obviously he have to learn advance tactics and such, but his technical ability is very outstanding. In the US they look for technique, size (big or small), physical ability and coachability. Tatics are the easy part of coaching once the player technique is good. 
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

giggsy11

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 01:33:08 PM »

Alright, alright, obviously he have to learn advance tactics and such, but his technical ability is very outstanding. In the US they look for technique, size (big or small), physical ability and coachability. Tatics are the easy part of coaching once the player technique is good. 

Soory deh borse as was referring to another type of 'teaching'.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 06:06:20 PM »

Yeah, pick Zambia since they always qualify for the World Cup!

::)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 06:20:18 PM »
Since nobody decide to say...leh me ask the question for my edification....what is a Wunderkind  ???

Basically a 'wonder child' or child prodigy... german term ("kind" meaning child... as in KINDergarten)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 06:21:43 PM »

Yeah, pick Zambia since they always qualify for the World Cup!

::)

Running out for the US is no guarantee of playing in the World Cup either... not with their history of capping players and then leaving them high and dry.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 11:09:35 PM »
Running out for the US is no guarantee of playing in the World Cup either... not with their history of capping players and then leaving them high and dry.

Every country in the world, at one point or another, ends up capping players who never get called up again.

It's only sinister if you have an overactive imagination.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2008, 12:41:17 PM »

Every country in the world, at one point or another, ends up capping players who never get called up again.

It's only sinister if you have an overactive imagination.

Whoever said anything about 'sinister'?  Your first idiotic point was that this guy would stand a better chance of making the World Cup as an American... when in fact the odds show that the pool of players is so deep... and when added to the recent American practice of cycling players in and out (construed most favorably, in attempt to experiment with the right mix), his odds may be equally as long as Zambia making it out of Africa.

To NOT appreciate this or to somehow downplay it could only be the result of an underactive mental process.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2008, 09:47:20 AM »
My bad.

Thought you were somehow implying that we cap players for no other reason than the fact that it would keep other nations from getting them, and then we forget about them. I guess I misinterpreted your statement.
- Xavi

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2008, 09:57:37 AM »
My bad.

Thought you were somehow implying that we cap players for no other reason than the fact that it would keep other nations from getting them, and then we forget about them. I guess I misinterpreted your statement.

No problem... good to see you finally step out of character and post on something OTHER than one of your boys... in the other thread  ;D

1]; } ?>