April 25, 2024, 10:09:35 AM

Author Topic: T&T U-20s clinch Super League KO title  (Read 2531 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
T&T U-20s clinch Super League KO title
« on: September 18, 2008, 10:37:26 PM »
T&T U-20s clinch Super League KO title.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).

Vranes wants best players

Zoran Vranes laments that he still may not have the best players in the Trinidad and Tobago national Under-20 team, despite leading the youths to the bmobile National Super League Knockout title two nights ago, after a 1-0 defeat of Defence Force at Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya.

Following the victory, the Montenegro-born coach complained that top clubs in the T&T Pro League are still withholding players who should be among the national squad, even though he has only asked that they be released for international matches, or when they are on suspension.

"I want (Robert) Primus of Jabloteh, (Sheldon) Bateau from Jabloteh...I have two guys from Rangers and I have a guy from Ma Pau. Also, I am running around the schools league and have already seen two, three guys." Vranes said the performance in the KO final clearly demonstrated the improvement the T&T Under-20s had made by playing in the Super League.

However, he believes that soon they will have to step up to a higher level of competition. The national Under-20s are seeking to qualify for the 2009 FIFA Under-20 World Cup and will enter CONCACAF qualifying in January.

"We are making progress definitely and very soon we will not need Super League anymore," said the former Partisan Belgrade player. "But we will keep working and playing Super League because we have no other choice. But, definitely we need international matches."

The lone goal at the "Marvin Lee" on Wednesday night was scored by striker Trent Lougheed in the 79th minute, but was somewhat of a fluke. However, the national youths thoroughly deserved victory since they dominated the match, especially in the second half.

Lougheed's goal was his reward for contesting a cross ball. A defender got there first and headed onto Lougheed. The ball went off the striker's head and looped over the slightly advanced Defence Force keeper.

Defence Force looked like a "fat man" team, fielding Sterling O'Brian, Matthew Owen and Kwesi Smith, all of whom looked very overweight.

As a consequence, they ran out of steam in the second session. The national U-20s had many chances, but Lougheed, Daniel Joseph and Jean Luc Rochford missed from close up.

Joseph somehow managed to curl the ball wide after collecting Jamal Gay's pass alone in the centre of the penalty area, while Rochford missed with an angled header towards the far post.

And the under-20s almost paid a heavy price when O'Brian had youth keeper Glenroy Samuel at his mercy, but "expertly" guided his header wide. It was one of the misses of the season.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 05:20:33 AM by Flex »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: T&T U-20s clinch Super League KO title
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 11:35:50 PM »
T&T U-20s clinch Super League KO title
By: Ian Prescott (Trinidad Express)

Vranes wants best players

Friday, September 19th 2008

ZORAN VRANES laments that he still may not have the best players in the Trinidad and Tobago national Under-20 team, despite leading the youths to the bmobile National Super League Knockout title two nights ago, after a 1-0 defeat of Defence Force at Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya.

Following the victory, the Montenegro-born coach complained that top clubs in the T&T Pro League are still withholding players who should be among the national squad, even though he has only asked that they be released for international matches, or when they are on suspension.

"I want (Ronald) Primus of Jabloteh, (Sheldon) Bateau from Jabloteh...I have two guys from Rangers and I have a guy from Ma Pau. Also, I am running around the schools league and have already seen two, three guys." Vranes said the performance in the KO final clearly demonstrated the improvement the T&T Under-20s had made by playing in the Super League.

However, he believes that soon they will have to step up to a higher level of competition.

The national Under-20s are seeking to qualify for the 2009 FIFA Under-20 World Cup and will enter CONCACAF qualifying in January.

"We are making progress definitely and very soon we will not need Super League anymore," said the former Partisan Belgrade player. "But we will keep working and playing Super League because we have no other choice. But, definitely we need international matches."

The lone goal at the "Marvin Lee" on Wednesday night was scored by striker Trent Lougheed in the 79th minute, but was somewhat of a fluke. However, the national youths thoroughly deserved victory since they dominated the match, especially in the second half.

Lougheed's goal was his reward for contesting a cross ball. A defender got there first and headed onto Lougheed. The ball went off the striker's head and looped over the slightly advanced Defence Force keeper.

Defence Force looked like a "fat man" team, fielding Sterling O'Brian, Matthew Owen and Kwesi Smith, all of whom looked very overweight.

As a consequence, they ran out of steam in the second session.

The national U-20s had many chances, but Lougheed, Daniel Joseph and Jean Luc Rochford missed from close up.

Joseph somehow managed to curl the ball wide after collecting Jamaal Gay's pass alone in the centre of the penalty area, while Rochford missed with an angled header towards the far post.

And the under-20s almost paid a heavy price when O'Brian had youth keeper Glenroy Samuel at his mercy, but "expertly" guided his header wide. It was one of the misses of the season.[/color]

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 11:54:23 PM »

"I want (Ronald) Primus of Jabloteh, (Sheldon) Bateau from Jabloteh...I have two guys from Rangers and I have a guy from Ma Pau. Also, I am running around the schools league and have already seen two, three guys." Vranes said the performance in the KO final clearly demonstrated the improvement the T&T Under-20s had made by playing in the Super League.

*Sigh*

Buh..i eh go lie...from de lil bit i see on TV...dem U20 players frame big. I see Jamal Gay bursting down de side..i say well he supposed to be big....see cross come in..met by a equally big fella...den i sit back and start to take note.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 05:02:30 AM »
Ronald Primus .....  :rotfl: :rotfl: ...them reports real dotish yes. They do no research..

Is Robert Primus.... Ronald he older brother not playing ball again to much...

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 05:47:04 AM »
If he watch any CIC games the 2 players that can definitely definitely be in that squad is

Chad Appoo  he is a CAM/CM but he a bit small(but so is Latas)  but he has supreme vision and can pass extremely well... He will be a great addition...and if anyone see the man play yall wouldn't fight it unless yuh blind

Then Stephen Bishop...the red battling pitbull... to me is the best CDM in the SSFL and could make the U20 squad... a heart of a lion and will die for the cause...that is no lie...the man play with dengue in our first 2 games and had 2 brilliant games

anytime yall at a CIC game check them out....they also 2 of my boys so i grow up with them

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 08:34:27 AM »
They need to be in th PFL next...
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 09:05:57 AM »
congrats to the U-20s..and the staff
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 09:21:36 AM »
Yeah dis is d only smart ting d TTFF do ina while hopefully payin 2 c dem early next yr go b worth it
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 09:42:10 AM »
Yeah dis is d only smart ting d TTFF do ina while hopefully payin 2 c dem early next yr go b worth it

Agreed.

Small Mag...how come yuh bigging up them boys and YOU not on the team ?
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 09:43:20 AM »

Agreed.

but then who go carry de water?  :D

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 10:10:19 AM »
What's good is that we have had this core together for a considerable amount of time.  Good to see that Vranes is still scouting also.  He seems to be ready for the next phase of his program, but the TTFF might well f*ck up he plans with their ineptitude and lack of bargaining ability in obtaining meaningful international friendlies for our national teams.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 10:57:07 AM »
Well he better decide on the team fast !!!! and also he need to check the universities in the USA and england for players
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 11:42:14 AM »
Congrats to the team, kudos TTFF.

Put the next U-17 in the super league following year. Let them take licks and learn to play football fast and strong. Maybe enough of them can improve enough to rep their PL or reserve league teams.  Then again if the SL improves substantially have both U-20 and U-17 compete and get semi-automatic berths to pro league cup tournaments. The U-20 can successfully compete with Ma Pau and Tobago at the very least,  Brazilians and all.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 11:46:55 AM »
If he watch any CIC games the 2 players that can definitely definitely be in that squad is

Chad Appoo  he is a CAM/CM but he a bit small(but so is Latas)  but he has supreme vision and can pass extremely well... He will be a great addition...and if anyone see the man play yall wouldn't fight it unless yuh blind

Then Stephen Bishop...the red battling pitbull... to me is the best CDM in the SSFL and could make the U20 squad... a heart of a lion and will die for the cause...that is no lie...the man play with dengue in our first 2 games and had 2 brilliant games

anytime yall at a CIC game check them out....they also 2 of my boys so i grow up with them

Now now youth, what happening to this team ?
QRC rest 4 on yuh team at home.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 02:58:02 PM »

Agreed.

left cic in may 07'  doing a associates degree in sport tourism management at tthiti in chag now

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 03:15:24 PM »
Congrats fellahs!!!!

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 05:08:11 PM »
Men who on this site long would know that this idea come from Flex he ask Lincoln Philips   how about playing the under 20 in one of these leagues he said that it was good idea and run with next time flex copy right yah ideas   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 05:19:50 PM »
Nice course dey SM. If it only had dat option in meh time. Yuh gettin ready 2 take a leadin role after d successful revolution
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>