March 28, 2024, 11:15:41 PM

Author Topic: Stern snub  (Read 3112 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stern snub
« on: September 09, 2005, 07:39:03 AM »
Stern snub
By Andy Turner (Coventry Evening Telegraph)

Stern John has already been ruled out of Coventry City’s clash with Reading as manager Micky Adams continues to be frustrated by the striker’s international commitments.

The Trinidad and Tobago international is expected back from his long haul trips to play Guatemala and Costa Rica in World Cup qualifiers tomorrow, but the Sky Blues boss believes it is time for the player to put his club before country.

“We hope Stern’s two goals against Guatemala give him a bit of confidence,” said Adams who is yet to see his striker get off the mark for City this season.

Trinidad lost 2-0 to Costa Rica yesterday and are still in contention for a play-off place which means John will be off on his travels again for games against Panama and Mexico next month.

“Everyone knows my policy with Stern, and that is if he goes away on international duty he doesn’t play on the Saturday, so he won’t feature this weekend and he knows that,” said Adams.

“The problem we have with Stern is that we get him fit and send him off on international duty. He comes back tired because of all the travelling and then we have got to get him right again to go off again. It’s nonsense.

“I don’t think I could ever stop anyone from representing their country, but some of these competitions Trinidad and Tobago get involved with is taking it too far.

“Stern has not had a rest because he played throughout the summer and there will have to be a time when Stern says, ‘Hold on a minute, I am not helping myself with all this travelling’.

“That has possibly had an effect on his form at the start of the season but Scowcroft and Adebola have formed a good partnership, so if he does go away and lose his place then he is like anyone else and has to try and win it back."

Adams says his other internationals are also at risk of losing their places this weekend, leaving the likes of Andrew Whing and Ady Williams on standby.

He said: "I will have a think about all the players who have played two games and decide whether they play on Saturday or not. We have got plenty of options."

Claus Jorgensen also comes into that bracket, along with Robert Page and Richard Duffy, having played against France and Israel for the Faroe Islands.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stern snub
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 07:45:18 AM »
“I don’t think I could ever stop anyone from representing their country, but some of these competitions Trinidad and Tobago get involved with is taking it too far.

Some of the competitions we get involved with  ???  ::)  This is  fkng WORLD CUP we talking about :cursing:
Although maybe it's not such a bad idea if Coventy bans Stern from traveling for the next 2 games :thinking:

Offline Skoobibloo

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 07:51:32 AM »
BBC SPORT - KENT

Rotherham v Gillingham 
Rotherham are without experienced defender Scott Minto who is struggling with an Achilles injury.
Colin Murdock remains on compassionate leave and defender Shaun Barker is available after his red card against Port Vale was rescinded.

Gillingham is waiting on the arrival of Ian Cox and Brent Sancho back from international duty with Trinidad & Tobago before finalising his squad.

Manager Neale Cooper will check on their fitness before the trip north.  :o

So don't panic boys - it happens to us as well - but if fit and not too tired from your hectic way off life out there (and Sancho's injury is OK) they should be in the team.   :praying:

Now we have 2 of your boys playing for us...you should know the score!!

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 10:00:26 AM »
“Stern has not had a rest because he played throughout the summer and there will have to be a time when Stern says, ‘Hold on a minute, I am not helping myself with all this travelling’.

I beg to differ Micky, Stern gets plenty rest on de field when he plays for us ;D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 01:42:10 PM by Fire Brand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 10:05:34 AM »

I beg to differ Micky, Stern gets plenty rest on field when he plays for us ;D

:rotfl:

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 10:12:41 AM »

I beg to differ Micky, Stern gets plenty rest on field when he plays for us ;D

Allyuh not easy nah boy  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2005, 11:30:12 AM »
ALLYAH NOT EASY YESS :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 11:40:20 AM »
Ahahahahaha  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

But that coach is a Flaming KAKAHOLE............. BACKSIDE!!!   >:( >:( >:(
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 12:17:26 PM »
Bet if we qualify for the WC and finally get regarded as a WC team, he would be slightly less forthcoming with some of them statements.

T&T have no credibility on the club scenes eh.

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2005, 12:21:44 PM »
micky adams ever play for a national team?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2005, 12:52:28 PM »
De article focuses on Stern and TnT, but is not Trinidad problem alone. Why you think men like Zidane, Scholes, Figo, Makalele etc. does retire early from international ball but still playing with the biggest clubs on the planet at the highest level.....to focus on club ball. And who you think advising them...coaches and agents. Coaches are understandably selfish and agents know who pays the dough. Eventually the players hear it so much, they convince themselves that it is too tiring and they should be loyal to their paymasters, even though week in week out they turning out top class performances for their clubs. I understand the issue with the congested football schedule and see both sides of the argument. The only thing I take real offense to is how the man dis the Gold Cup and the Digicel final rounds. These are massive tournaments for us...no less so than the European Cup is for the Europeans. What an a$$. I doh tink he could REALLY be dissing the WC qualifiers cause then he just lacking some DNA or something.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2005, 01:06:51 PM »

Some of the competitions we get involved with  ???  ::)  This is  fkng WORLD CUP we talking about :cursing:
Although maybe it's not such a bad idea if Coventy bans Stern from traveling for the next 2 games :thinking:

I think he was talking about the Gold Cup when he said some of these competitions..............
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2005, 01:47:02 PM »

I think he was talking about the Gold Cup when he said some of these competitions..............

Be it World Cup or Gold Cup, de man behaving 4 Cup!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2005, 02:14:41 PM »

Be it World Cup or Gold Cup, de man behaving 4 Cup!

Can't disagree with that..........we hadda give that coach the good ole Trini "HAUL YUH A$$$$$$$$$" :devil:
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2005, 05:12:52 PM »
Football have imperialism too.  De big powers have no respect for the little ones, and it is reflected in their attitude to our guys being able to represent their countries.  Is ah form of brazen disrespect for us.  Ah bet yuh he woudda never say that if he had ah French of Dutch international in he squad. 

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2005, 05:27:38 PM »
tenorsaw...men does always come with that argument but you wrong. everybody does get pong..especially those from big countries because they tend to be more expensive and the coaches more afraid to lose them to injury. I eh bothering to go through no more examples cause dis done get beat to death in another post (ok...i cyah help it....remember how much shit Alex Ferguson carry on with when Ronaldo and Heinze play ball all summer 2004. Argentina and Portugal are not small sides. read more international football news and you will see that you are misinformed....the only difference is the coaches not as ignorant as to the european tournaments and to be fair, the Eruopeans often don't have to travel as far for tournaments, so they do not come back as fatigued. but is the same crap no matter where you come from

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2005, 07:59:27 PM »
We hadda keep tabs on that court case against FIFA mandating clubs release players for country
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 03:42:41 PM by dcs »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2005, 08:52:15 AM »

This man is truly an ass....GC ...WC qualifiers...de man calling it some of these  competitions.

Stueepppss..

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>