April 19, 2024, 05:36:26 PM

Author Topic: Nigerian interest in Newcastle sale  (Read 3558 times)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nigerian interest in Newcastle sale
« on: September 22, 2008, 09:13:15 AM »
OIL = POWER & MONEY

where the T&T consortium?

A consortium of wealthy Nigerians are planning to take over Newcastle United, according to reports in Africa....

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=574815&sec=global&cc=5901

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: Nigerian interest in Newcastle sale
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 01:48:38 PM »
Steups...imagine I am a black man and this move have me upset.

I really cannot associate an African nation (ok maybe Egypt) and the word stability in the same sentence. I just not seeing Nigerian owners coming to Newcastle as being a good thing.

I could only imagine how the Toon Army probably filled with even more trepidation than I am.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 01:52:20 PM »
Steups...imagine I am a black man and this move have me upset.

I really cannot associate an African nation (ok maybe Egypt) and the word stability in the same sentence. I just not seeing Nigerian owners coming to Newcastle as being a good thing.

I could only imagine how the Toon Army probably filled with even more trepidation than I am.

Dey go start protesting for Ashley to stay  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Doh study it...d proposal probably asked for Newcastle to forward a £100 arrangement fee to their Swiss account before dey hand over d £400 mil  :rotfl:

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 02:17:21 PM »
why allyuh so?

i investing with some nigerian now via email. ah go be a millionaire soon. wait and see.

regardless of who own them, i think newcastle in for a relegation battle. me eh know how dat side blight so.

maybe santiago from the goal movie go come back in save dem.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 02:23:10 PM »
Another thing is all this oil talk about Nigerian investors and dey money...where that money come from?  Is it legitimate money?  This aint meant to point fingers but something sounding fishy there?  Who have that kind of money is TRANSPARENT NIGERIA.... ???
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 02:55:30 PM »
When I heard that on Fox sport, I started to laugh. Nigerian football organisation is in the pits. Instead of them taking the money to restructure Nigerian football and pay the local Nigerians a decent wage, they coming to England to invest in a team heading "south". I will be surprised if that deal go thru.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 03:08:09 PM »
I think it's a very interesting move.

Wit regards to de why dey doh take de money and invest in Nigerian Football, perhaps jes like de local business community and TTFF, there may exist an absence of trust with the Nigerian Football Association which discourages initiatives of that sort.

Nobody raises an eyebrow when Arabs buy Man City or a Russian purchases Chelsea, why should it be any different for Nigerians? 

A black US president.  A black consortium owning Newcastle United.  Who woulda thunk it?  What's next I wonder?  A black pope perhaps?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 06:23:46 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 03:31:52 PM »
Africans need to develop their institutions first before going to Europe to invest. The Arabs and Russians at least have good stadiums and professionally run leagues.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 03:33:40 PM »
Africans need to develop their institutions first before going to Europe to invest. The Arabs and Russians at least have good stadiums and professionally run leagues.

And the Nigerian's don't?

Do the Thai's have good stadia and professionally run leagues?  Moreso than saaayyyy....the Nigerian's perhaps?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 03:35:02 PM »
Who woulda thunk it?  What's next I wonder?  A black pope perhaps?

Complete with Sean John robe with matching hat and Travel Fox papal slippers

This might work out good the Nigerians will send a cashiers cheque for more than the team is worth. Newcastle board of directors simply has to sign over ownership to the nigerians, cash the cheque and refund the difference.
Everybody wins!

« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 03:42:25 PM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 03:45:36 PM »

And de kicker....comin out to say mass in St Peter's square to de strains a Jumbie...

Jumbie, Jumbie dem.....RAAAAAAHHHH
Jumbie, Jumbie dem.....Outta body, back to yuhself now
All dem gyal dem jumpin up
All dem nun dem winin up
All de priest dem grindin up
Ready fuh MASS again

We Ready.....We Ready....We Ready....

LOL

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 03:58:14 PM »

And de kicker....comin out to say mass in St Peter's square to de strains a Jumbie...

Jumbie, Jumbie dem.....Outta body, back to yuhself now
All dem gyal dem jumpin up
All dem nun dem winin up
All de priest dem grindin up
Ready fuh MASS again

We Ready.....We Ready....We Ready....

LOL

You is a damn ass  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I agree with you though, why not Nigerians? Is a business consortium, its not their role to improve Nigerian football or Nigerian anything. They could do that after they make $$$ off the Brits. What good for the goose....
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 04:09:16 PM »
How you know they go make money of the Brits? Let's see how this will transpire.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 04:43:56 PM »
How you know they go make money of the Brits? Let's see how this will transpire.

Its a business consortium, what else they there for but to make money? After all that was taken from Africa, why the Nigerians can't legally buy one little team in England?

Even if it doh happen just the thought of African ownership of an English team will affect a small change in thinking, dat can't be all bad
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 05:35:27 PM »
I understand what the Nigerian stereotypes are. But I find it odd that after thinking it through people actually have a problem with some African businessmen buying a European club.

nigeria like everywhere else...there are rich people, and honest people too. There are brilliant businessmen and as a ntion they love their football.

Abramovic and Thaksin are two alleged crooks that came to England and buy clubs normal normal. The Nigerian consortium might be a mess, but I wouldn't assume they are.

Plus..it real funny but I know wvery man jack assume dem businessmen black....heheh. porbably, but not necessarily.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 06:06:18 PM »

Wit regards to de why dey doh take de money and invest in Nigerian Football, perhaps jes like de local business community and TTFF, there may exist an absence of trust with the Nigerian Football Association which discourages any sort of initiatives of that sort.

Nobody raises an eyebrow when Arabs buy Man City or a Russian purchases Chelsea, why should it be any different for Nigerians? 

A black US president.  A black consortium owning Newcastle United.  Who woulda thunk it?  What's next I wonder?  A black pope perhaps?

Give it a few years..yuh might be suprised.........

Buh if they willing to invest.....why not? What makes them different from Man City former owner who plagued with corruption charges?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2008, 07:17:39 PM »
To: Mike Ashey

Dear Mr. Ashey,

I submit this proposal respectuflly to buy Newcastle football club from you if you are willing to do transaction.

During the last civil war, my father who perished in battle left me a sum of $15,000,000,000 in escrow as crown prince of my village in Nigeria. However due to ongoing political interference, I cannot complete the transaction and would request the assistnace in your club from north of Scotland in help to facilitate this transaction.

I will buy all players, fields and estate. In order to faciliate this business, please give me your account number so that I can forward funds in timely manner.

Thank you and please feel free to contact my business associate for any questions answered.

Look forward to being owner of the Toffees.

Respectuflly

Chief John Oninbinge
Sole Heir of 23rd Tribe of Lagos

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2008, 07:33:00 PM »

Wit regards to de why dey doh take de money and invest in Nigerian Football, perhaps jes like de local business community and TTFF, there may exist an absence of trust with the Nigerian Football Association which discourages initiatives of that sort.

There have already been Black popes ;)
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2008, 07:53:39 PM »

I eh torkin bout Eddie yuh know... ;D

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2008, 08:09:34 PM »
why allyuh so?

i investing with some nigerian now via email. ah go be a millionaire soon. wait and see.

regardless of who own them, i think newcastle in for a relegation battle. me eh know how dat side blight so.

maybe santiago from the goal movie go come back in save dem.
:rotfl:

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2008, 10:28:37 PM »
Omarldinho yuh iz really ah good ass yes...yuh have me stiffling here...ah almost piss mehself.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Imagine if yuh hit Jack ah letter like that....how much ah FIFA money yuh go get... ;D
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2008, 10:28:53 PM »

With official corruption being what it is in Nigeria... if these men are honest and competent businessmen should they waste their efforts on a broken system in some misplaced patriotic gesture... or should they look to seek out sound investments elsewhere?  I have my own skepticism regarding this deal, but if Americans, Asians, Russians et al can invest in the EPL... then why not Africans?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2008, 02:49:20 AM »

De funny thing is that the man @ the top of the list to make that happen is a Nigerian cardinal. Which prolly was where that came from.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 03:27:53 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2008, 03:10:45 AM »
Omar yuh killing me !
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2008, 08:18:10 AM »
To: Mike Ashey

Dear Mr. Ashey,

I submit this proposal respectuflly to buy Newcastle football club from you if you are willing to do transaction.

During the last civil war, my father who perished in battle left me a sum of $15,000,000,000 in escrow as crown prince of my village in Nigeria. However due to ongoing political interference, I cannot complete the transaction and would request the assistnace in your club from north of Scotland in help to facilitate this transaction.

I will buy all players, fields and estate. In order to faciliate this business, please give me your account number so that I can forward funds in timely manner.

Thank you and please feel free to contact my business associate for any questions answered.

Look forward to being owner of the Toffees.

Respectuflly

Chief John Oninbinge
Sole Heir of 23rd Tribe of Lagos

wha is chief john email address?

i want a piece of the action.

1]; } ?>