March 28, 2024, 08:16:25 AM

Author Topic: What y'all think bout dis?  (Read 3869 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What y'all think bout dis?
« on: September 21, 2008, 12:01:43 PM »
I'm watcing the Madrid game- against Racing...

Heinze rush in wid a dread two footers...(actually wasn't that dread, he looked like he slipped- and he didn't make any dangerous contact)... but the ref saw it as dangerous and Heize got carded (yellow):

Ray Hudson and his sidekick are commenting on the game...

[These aren't the exact words, but close enough to get the idea across]

Sidekick says: That's a Caribbean tackle....

Ray Hudson (in his best West Indian accent): Yean mon......(end accent)....Except they do it on hot gravel down there....he looked more like Tyrone Marshall [than Gabi Heinze]...

Is this akin to Wim's talk of having a drink under a coconut tree?

BTW: Madrid playin like sh*te....(this team despite the last 2 title winning seasons), has been disappointing me season after season..... Guti picked up a serious knee injury- left the field in agony.....praying it's not ACL.

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What y'all think bout dis?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 12:05:00 PM »

Heinze rush in wid a dread two footers...(actually wasn't that dread, he looked like he slipped- and he didn't make any dangerous contact)... but the ref saw it as dangerous and Heize got carded (yellow):

Ray Hudson (in his best West Indian accent): Yean mon......(end accent)....Except they do it on hot gravel down there....he looked more like Tyrone Marshall [than Gabi Heinze]...

BTW: Madrid playin like sh*te....(this team despite the last 2 title winning seasons), has been disappointing me season after season..... Guti picked up a serious knee injury- left the field in agony.....praying it's not ACL.

Absolutely kicker, prejudicism is so pervasive eh and it's tidbits like this that make it truly difficult to completely stamp it out, on the air too eh, wow.....ah wuld like to put down one ah meh own blade tackles on dem commentators, dey guh see Caribbean tackle, dem mudda arse  :devil:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 12:07:55 PM by 100% Barataria »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 12:08:34 PM »

The cable man take off Goltv so I'm missing my La Liga but that sounds very Ray Hudsonish. He is the quintessential backside. I really can't tolerate that guy.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 12:13:00 PM »
The cable man take off Goltv so I'm missing my La Liga but that sounds very Ray Hudsonish. He is the quintessential backside. I really can't tolerate that guy.

Hard luck there Jah...I sympathize- I had the same thing last season....GolTV is back on Time Warner now

There must be somewhere where you can find games online.

Just learnt that Iguain had the opportunity to rep France.....Did the opposite of Trezeguet.

giggsy11

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 12:16:37 PM »

Heinze does make that type of tackle all the time and so he just tryin tuh be funny while continuing a stereotype. Anybody who don't know better will think dise how footballers in the Carribean does tackle, idiot! Who the hell do that kind of tackle on gravel,so dey can end up with a 'whiteman'?

Dat man score wit a toepie!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 05:47:30 PM »

I'm offended.

You mean to say he call Marshall and not Blade ???
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 05:57:31 PM »
Meh.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 06:13:57 PM »

GOLTV has a pack of asses for commentators i wudnt waste energy on them...altho that comment singes a part of me i hav accepted a long time ago that in this world there are prejudicial assholes in abundance...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 06:21:10 PM »
when is something good for ah trini, dey want to know what part of jamaica is that...

now is something bad, ah man put down a wild tackle and is ah caribbean tackle..

the commentators get it wrong.. it was a jamaican tackle, not a caribbean tackle...

doh paint we with the same brush.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 06:22:55 PM »
Allyuh ever see Tyrone Marshall tackle?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 07:00:47 PM »
My complaint has been registered to GolTV.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 07:14:35 PM »
the funny thing is that if he is pressed for an explanation he will in all likelihood say that he does not see anything wrong with his remarks and that it was just a 'joke'.

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 10:58:48 PM »
What you expect? After the Strikers and before ESPN/GolTV, Rocky Ray was cleaning pools. :o

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 05:32:35 AM »
the funny thing is that if he is pressed for an explanation he will in all likelihood say that he does not see anything wrong with his remarks and that it was just a 'joke'.
It wasn't?

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 06:25:05 AM »
doesn't surprise me
I fins Ray Hudson is an ass long time.

Més que un club.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 07:28:04 AM »

hahhahahahha  man becoming real thin skinned, papa. What was really wrong with the comment. I have heard several comments similar and not in reference to Caribbean peoples. Recently during a game the commentator say " that was a series of Scottish ball possession, bad pass, tackle you, one foot on the ball the other on your hip and take it away" In the same game two man square off he say " handbags at ten paces" What now women go start writing.
Last week in the CL the commentator described a defender as an "Argentine with a machete"
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2008, 07:40:49 AM »

hahhahahahha  man becoming real thin skinned, papa. What was really wrong with the comment. I have heard several comments similar and not in reference to Caribbean peoples. Recently during a game the commentator say " that was a series of Scottish ball possession, bad pass, tackle you, one foot on the ball the other on your hip and take it away" In the same game two man square off he say " handbags at ten paces" What now women go start writing.
Last week in the CL the commentator described a defender as an "Argentine with a machete"

Apparently, jokes are all good until de joke is about you. Den is no joking matter! lol. Man filing complaint and all kinda ting. Lawd.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2008, 07:46:25 AM »

lol... I personally wasn't offended by it.  I'm not easily offended, but it did remind me of Wim's comments for some reason, which is why I posted it.....to see what others think.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2008, 08:06:33 AM »
Dat is anything to get upset about?  I don't think Hudson comment was racist in anyway.  I find him to be funny. I agree with de posters who say that gol tv have de worst commentators.  At least Hudson does try to be more colorful than the rest of them.  The man does even call Van Nistleroy horsey face.  Is he being racist with that comment too.

Is like nowadays people to sensitive.  All this politically correct bullshit has gone to far.  Not everytime somebody make a comment that some group of people doh like mean the person making the comment racist or prejudiced. 

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2008, 08:54:04 AM »
Yeah! Lehwe accept that at times there is a kinda textbook irrationality with respect to tackling that has been exported, or at times displayed, by some ... de Northern Caribbean neighbours have it down cole eh, but de celebration of the blade is well-promoted right here on de forum. If there is a stereotype we should also fight it by better decison-making on de field of pay.

Ah going and count how many brawls ah witness in Mexican-Jamaican scrimmages. Cyah done. Even before match start man does be operating on stereotype. One side like to fall down and cry boo hoo hoo all de way to de ref ... nex side love to kick man all up in dey crotch. From wha I witness sounds about right. :)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2008, 09:07:55 AM »
Jamaicans giving we a bad name again...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2008, 09:08:45 AM »
Dat is anything to get upset about?  I don't think Hudson comment was racist in anyway.  I find him to be funny. I agree with de posters who say that gol tv have de worst commentators.  At least Hudson does try to be more colorful than the rest of them.  The man does even call Van Nistleroy horsey face.  Is he being racist with that comment too.

Is like nowadays people to sensitive.  All this politically correct bullshit has gone to far.  Not everytime somebody make a comment that some group of people doh like mean the person making the comment racist or prejudiced. 

Don't think anyone is accusing Ray Hudson of being racist...just talking about the potentially stereotyping comment regarding the tackle....

I myself enjoy watching a vicious two footed blade now and then if it doesn't cause major injury...must be the Caribbean in me....  ;D
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 09:11:14 AM by kicker »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2008, 09:38:03 PM »

The funny thing is that I don't recall anybody complaining that Ray Hudson is racist... reading must truly be fundamental.

All I can to you folks who've develeped your thick skin over the years... is good for you.  I for one don't have a problem with stereotypes, but I know that there is a time and a place for everything.  Man saying shit that only perpetuating the image of caribbean footballers as unskilled brutes isn't something I'll let easily slide by...not when a simple email could help lend redress.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2008, 03:22:58 AM »

The funny thing is that I don't recall anybody complaining that Ray Hudson is racist... reading must truly be fundamental.

All I can to you folks who've develeped your thick skin over the years... is good for you.  I for one don't have a problem with stereotypes, but I know that there is a time and a place for everything.  Man saying shit that only perpetuating the image of caribbean footballers as unskilled brutes isn't something I'll let easily slide by...not when a simple email could help lend redress.

Did you use that term in the e-mail? That would be a riot!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2008, 08:55:11 AM »

Did you use that term in the e-mail? That would be a riot!

Lol...nah, I just paraphrased what Kicker reported and said something to the effect that "I'm not sure if this is the type of stereotyping that you want GolTV to become known for"...or something so. 

Probably 4 lines at most.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2008, 09:04:11 AM »
All dem racist mudder sc**ts will always find sumting to larf at, dat is why ah would like we in de Caribbean to play as a team and buss all ah dem rass.We could do it if only we can get together.Even when they grudingly sign up our boys they still treat dem with no respect.

1]; } ?>