April 17, 2024, 07:36:29 PM

Author Topic: Latapy appointed Player/Coach of National Senior Team.  (Read 18571 times)

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy appointed Player/Coach of National Senior Team.
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2008, 10:30:37 AM »
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is why I can't miss a day on here.  I miss 3 days and Latapy back in the mix.  WOW!!!!!
Ah going an read everybody post.

Same here I missing all this comesss because ah being away. Yuh see how life is. This site is like no other.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2008, 10:30:57 AM »
A point against Guatemala or a win - look at trouble mama- Fight to get tickets for the USA game. Latapy in the area and overcrowding in the stadium. Jack smiling his way to the bank the next day.
 Say what I myself would relish the opportunity to see latapy on the field.
 He more than anyone carried this team for years.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2008, 10:36:37 AM »
only one thing to say

HAAAALLEELUAH!!!!!

Does this mean Cornmeal has been kicked to the curb!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 10:38:16 AM by grskywalker »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: RETURN OF THE MAGICIAN
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2008, 10:40:01 AM »
Ah waiting on Lasana's take on this......hhhhmmmm....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2008, 11:03:56 AM »
i aint see stern on that list  ::)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2008, 11:15:14 AM »
lets c the squad first nah

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2008, 11:15:18 AM »
I doh really see how adding Latapy as an assistant coach will help out team.  Right we have Maturana and Corneal and between the two of them they can't get it right.  Now they going to add a third coach.  What will his role be?  Will he have a say in player selection?  I see this as adding more confusion to an already unstable situation.

I feel this move is more of an inspirational one.  Just like last campaign when were in trouble Latapy came back and provided a morale boost to the team.  I feel this is the same thing Jack Warner trying again.  He know that the next game against Guatemala is very important so he is trying to find the quickest way to lift team morale after the dismal showing against the US. 

I think he knew that Latapy woulda never come back as a player only so he throw in the coach part as bait.  I think it migh work fuh the next couple games but long term we still in a mess.  Jack Warner like a magician he always seem to have one more trick up his sleeve.  Ah well, de soap opera continues.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2008, 11:40:05 AM »
Many of us here grow up looking at Latapy play and have great respect for what he has done. Many of the players on and around the National team most likely only heard off Latapy in his prime and may have for a short spell been around or play with him. Do you think that the younger players will accept Latapy as "the massiah" and buy into the motivational aspect he (Latapy) may bring to the organization? Granted Latapy better than most of them at 40, but realistically the youth of today think differently than those of yesteryear. Everyone is a star and does not need a "has been" to teach them anything. They may try to show they are actually better than Latapy leading to counter production.

I just trying to add a different perspective to this whole thing going on now. I believe this the wrong time to bring Latapy into the set up.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2008, 11:53:14 AM »
i dunno fellas but i think this is where the tide turns. i'm seeing birchall, stern, collin and hopefully sancho back in de mix. latapy is de man who knows these players best. i think this is where we start to take off. a big morale boost for me.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2008, 12:20:57 PM »
Give Latas a chance. Why not! I personally believe any decent coach can do well with a T&T team, if given the proper support. Cut out all the tralala, support the needs of the squad and go from there. The fact that T&T had black list and all kinds of shit has not helped the coaching, preparation & competitive game situation at all.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2008, 12:33:35 PM »
One plus he can speak english. Dat alone is an improvement from d joker at d helm. BM boi dem fellas is real Patriot sorry Brian but 2 put up wit d kinda nonesense day in day out, yr in yr out, decade in decade out wit JW and still willin 2 serve I bow, courtesy and applaud dem
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
Jack, next time please use the toilet bowl.......
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2008, 01:06:29 PM »
I am ecstatic over the news that Jack has asked Latapy to return from retirement to be player-coach, in fact this should prove a worthy catalyst for this team as they journey to the Mateo Flores on 1011, but somebody please ask Mr Jack Warner to use the toilet bowl in the future and avoid all this mess.

Please excuse my crude analogy but it is clear that he "sh*t in his own hand and now trying to wash it off"...Jack there is such a thing as a toilet. After qualifying for the last World Cup and playing so well, we have no right to be begging Latas and Yorke to put on they boots again; as coaches that is another thing.

It is clear that Jack single handedly derailed this campaign with all his antics and bad-pay, and "blacklist". Could you imagine if he had used the toilet properly, then his hands would be clean today and there would not be a stench emanating from TTFF.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2008, 01:16:07 PM »
I see this as a rebuilding the bridge initiative.  It's obvious that relations between the Germany core and the administration has not completely thawed out.  I could see this being the influence of players like Yorke and Stern John.  Next step will be an invitatin to John to return to the team.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2008, 02:04:27 PM »
I eh have the energy to go and over-analyze this development nah. It have cause for both exuberance and hesitance.

All I will say is Good Luck Latas and all the best...you still have my support whatever de outcome.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2008, 02:20:30 PM »
This MIGHT APPEAR on paper to be an excelent SHORT-TERM solution to our IMMEDIATE problems, i.e strengthening the midfield (even if all we gettin is 20 mins of magic, REMEMBER our 3rd 2006 WC game vs Paraguay!) HOWEVER our memories are TOO SHORT - THIS EXACT strategy was tried in the 1998 WC campaign where (By POPULAR DEMAND from Fans and certain sections of the media) one Gally Cummings was brought in to "assist" then Head Coach Zoran Vranes, when bachaanal ensued - with Gally carring out morning training sessions and Vranes in the evening, because their philosophies were so FAR APART they simply could NOT work TOGETHER, we lost 1-0 to Costa Rica, and Vranes got fired immediately after their first game in charge together. GAlly was then joined by some obscure Brazilian, we drew our next game then went on to lose all remaining games except the final home game against an already qualified USA team with whom we drew 0-0... MAYBE things will turn out better this tme around....maybe NOT..but it makes for an interesting ride should we make it to the Hex...I still have plenty Caribbean Airways miles to use  ;D

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2008, 03:04:54 PM »
1) What will be Latas role?

2) Will he have a strong say in player selection?

3) Do dey have DuMaurier in Scotland?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2008, 03:07:07 PM »
Good luck, warriors!!!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2008, 03:32:22 PM »
Dis is how tings mighta go down.

Yorke realisin de team in trouble.  It could do plenty better dan it doin and there is a good chance to make de Hex if we stop de forkin around.

After de US game...Jack and dem shoppin fuh a name coach but nobody want to step een dis situation because it eh lookin too promisin.  Everybody who available want MEGA $$$ fuh de nex 3 games and sayin dem want guarantees dat if de team doh make de Hex....dey still colleckin dey pay.  On top a dat, dey want MORE $$$ if de team DOES make de Hex.  Jack cuss all a dem....so we back to square one.

Yorkie say...well...ah could talk wit Latas.  Jack see $$ signs one time.  It have 2 home games left....Latas & Yorke togeddah would guarantee sell out fuh both.  Plus if Kenwyne comin back....daz a chance to raise ticket prices to $500 fuh grounds.

Anna talk wit Latas but Latas bawl me eh comin back jes so.  I want a coachin wuk.  Yorke tell Latas....doh study it hoss....dat done taken care of.  Dah imps Maturana done.  He go jes be a figurehead anyway.  All de REAL coachin go be done by you.  He jes want to colleck he paycheck so he eh rockin no boat...plus you could do all de interviews and ting.

Latas - You know me eh no lyrics man so dah interview ting is small ting to me.  Buh wha bout Anton?

Yorkie - Wha bout Anton?  None a we does lissen to he anyway so it doh matter.  Dis eh de U 17 team yuh know.

Latas - Scene.   How much we talkin about anyway?

Yorkie - Name yuh price.  Remember is Jack we dealin wit.

Latas - Arrite...well as long as Jackula could promise meh de head coach wuk after dese 3 games, I go fall een.  Of course...u go be meh assistant coach.  It go be like ole times.  Ah could even take a lil 10 mins if need be if dem boy playin de ass.

Yorkie - Breds....de way how dem fellas playin, you need to hit de gym NOW.  You might have to play a half at least!

Latas - Steupes.....gym?  De only Gym I hittin is if it have a gyul or a bottle name so.

Yorkie - Easy breddrin....yuh is a national coach now. Anyway....ah go tell Jack de good news and ah bet yuh he go mek you a FIFA Ambassador and gi yuh a diplomatic passport jes like me fuh dat!

Latas - Me eh ask fuh it but me eh go refuse it needah.  Oh one nex ting ah insistin on.  Birchall have to play.  Yuh know you ole, I ole, and de ress a dem yute doh like to wuk hard so mek sure dah white boy on de team or me eh comin no way eh.

Yorkie - Fuh real! Consider it done horsie.  Plus....all dem ting in Zen & 51 go be happy he back een de mix and yuh know once dem happy, ALL A WE HAPPY!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 03:35:27 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2008, 03:56:42 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :'( :o :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ;)
I pity the fool....

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2008, 04:27:23 PM »
Nice one Palos
"hittin ah Gym".......dais "doin ah Latas"? ;D
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 06:00:28 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2008, 04:28:54 PM »
wonder if Latas will bench himself for Theobald?

he recommend him to Falkirk. stranger things have happened...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Who making the call on Latas playing time and what if!!
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2008, 04:38:14 PM »
If Latas say he want to play for this amount of time and Maturana have different ideas who leading who.

So far some of the selecting by Maturana just tell me that he don't know our players and one key factor to a coach's success is to know his players.

A good example is how could Maturana leave a veteran like Denis L on the bench vs US and we got goals from crosses, in which DL height would have been a factor on those crosses.

In Latas case is just how much say he would have in the main decisions, and what if Latas think that he needs to play and Maturana don't think so we would have a problem.

We all can remember what happen with Beenie and Latas in the last WC and when he finally decide to give Latas a sweat vs Paraguay, it shows that Latas probably could have got us to the second round if he had played from the beginning. I just hope they work things out before and Latas get to have some kind of control.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Who making the call on Latas playing time and what if!!
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2008, 04:42:56 PM »
If Latas say he want to play for this amount of time and Maturana have different ideas who leading who.

If YOU was de coach, what would you have done?

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2008, 04:50:19 PM »
Just the track record of Latas I  would give him the respect.

But also I would use my intelligence as a coach and keep in mind that he is 40. I would have a close look at him in practices and warm games vs with the rest of the guys and then I will be OK to sit with him and give my opinion, but respect must be given first!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2008, 04:54:09 PM »
Just the track record of Latas I  would give him the respect.

But also I would use my intelligence as a coach and keep in mind that he is 40. I would have a close look at him in practices and warm games vs with the rest of the guys and then I will be OK to sit with him and give my opinion, but respect must be given first!!

Was Latas disrespected in his last campaign?

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2008, 05:04:01 PM »
Palos yuh on fire today sah  :devil:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2008, 05:23:30 PM »
Many of us here grow up looking at Latapy play and have great respect for what he has done. Many of the players on and around the National team most likely only heard off Latapy in his prime and may have for a short spell been around or play with him. Do you think that the younger players will accept Latapy as "the massiah" and buy into the motivational aspect he (Latapy) may bring to the organization? Granted Latapy better than most of them at 40, but realistically the youth of today think differently than those of yesteryear. Everyone is a star and does not need a "has been" to teach them anything. They may try to show they are actually better than Latapy leading to counter production.

I just trying to add a different perspective to this whole thing going on now. I believe this the wrong time to bring Latapy into the set up.

Elan, ah hear yuh but I have to disagree. What is sad is that he may be on the team because we don't have a legit playmaker. If he can provide motivation for the 06 team he can certainly do it here. However, I like you would have preferred to not have to resort to him at 40.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2008, 05:24:46 PM »
I remeber reading Beenie's opinion that he thought that Latas could not play a full game.
I cant find that thread or post.
anyone else remember that?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2008, 05:58:48 PM »

Elan, ah hear yuh but I have to disagree. What is sad is that he may be on the team because we don't have a legit playmaker. If he can provide motivation for the 06 team he can certainly do it here. However, I like you would have preferred to not have to resort to him at 40.

I disagree.  In my opinion, we do have a legit playmaker.  But he playin left wing right now.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 06:24:54 PM by palos »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2008, 08:31:08 PM »
Nice banter between  number 19 and number 10 could c dat playin off
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>