April 28, 2024, 03:46:13 AM

Author Topic: Why didn't Sancho play last night??  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Skoobibloo

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Why didn't Sancho play last night??
« on: September 08, 2005, 06:45:18 AM »
Any ideas guys???  :o

He didn't look injured from your photo's.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 07:13:40 AM by Tallman »
Now we have 2 of your boys playing for us...you should know the score!!

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Why didn't Sancho play last night??
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 06:59:14 AM »
Cox is left footed

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 07:21:20 AM »
He pulled up with a hamstring injury the day before the game.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Skoobibloo

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 07:25:19 AM »
Ah, thank you.

Any idea how bad it is??  ???

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 08:10:14 AM »
Only an injury could have kept Sancho off. LIke a patner say last night.........Sancho probably dead ....that why he not on the field.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Skoobibloo

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 08:13:38 AM »
Don't say that, we need our new warrior for Sat.  :banginghead:

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
If only Sancho played sigh!! That is a hard luck for us yes!!
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 12:33:13 PM »
         We always losing out on injury eh, from Edwards missing the USA game (which he would have done well for us in) to poor Jones missing the Guatemala game and our BEST DEFENDER IN THE GUAT. game missing last night!! When I saw flicking small Cox in the team I was done bawling. I real real sorry that Sancho was not there THAT would have made all the difference trust me. He would have locked down that left back or even right back and put a better player at left back and not Cox wheeey. That first goal oh gorsh!! Cox now proves that he is the Cyd Gray of left back yes!! Looking like a real dunce most of the time against them and their no. 11 real put dong beats and make he look dotish wheey. And with 5 mins to you know small Cox make a good ish run up the left (again something Gray could do on the right) and could have made a nice cross on the left flank line just before it went out, but instead he chose to let it go to touch like a wuss!! He coulda fling he blasted left foot out any thing like that would have been a dangerous cross.

Yeah I agree with Taller, poor Edwards did not get into the game enough especially in the 2nd half. In the ending of the first half Edwards listened to me screaming for him to play right wing in Trotters and showed what a menace he can always be if he PLAYS HIS ACTUAL POSITION AS RIGHT WING when he set up Birchall and also had a good cross. But poor he Beenear have him playing all kinda right back, right mid. all kinda mix up thing. Shit man Edwards is our best winger by FAR he must stick strictly to that position again, remember when we beat Panama 2-0 at home, he eat up the blasted right!! Even against the US when we lost 2-1 he was instrumental as well.

Again, Sancho come back we need you, Cox go back to England!! And of course Kenwyne we definitely need you too!!!

Jason.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 05:36:44 PM »
Cox go back to England!!

This comment is real foolishness.   Don't be ungrateful.

Offline Skoobibloo

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 02:04:48 AM »
Coxy plays at Centre Back for us, he has been absolute quality since he joined us.

We got relegated last year and he was one of only about 3 players who played well and with pride. I do agree he isn't a left back, but he is a great left sided centre back!

Sancho has played a couple of roles since he joined, he came on in a defensive midfield role in his first game, and he's played at right back. He didn't look out of place in either of them!!

Is he as good as you lot say...if so I think we've got us a quality player!!

Any further news on the injury??

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2005, 03:16:29 PM »
    Ok ok, Just keep Cox away from the left or something then yes. Regardless he looked really bad for the 1st goal. To be honest Sancho is the only defender I know and have seen recently that has not looked bad in any of T&T's conceeding of goals, Avery for the 1st goal that Mexico scored, Andrews for the first one that CR scored and many others in the past, as well as Lawrence has also looked bad in previous outings in defence. So far I have not seen Sancho done anything to wrong so far.

J.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
1st Mexican goal
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2005, 03:26:25 PM »
Avery for the 1st goal that Mexico scored...

Why Avery? Edwards was de one who watched the ball go over his head and still gave de man enough time to control and shoot.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: If only Sancho played sigh!! That is a hard luck for us yes!!
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2005, 03:52:24 PM »
         We always losing out on injury eh, from Edwards missing the USA game (which he would have done well for us in) to poor Jones missing the Guatemala game and our BEST DEFENDER IN THE GUAT. game missing last night!! When I saw flicking small Cox in the team I was done bawling. I real real sorry that Sancho was not there THAT would have made all the difference trust me. He would have locked down that left back or even right back and put a better player at left back and not Cox wheeey. That first goal oh gorsh!! Cox now proves that he is the Cyd Gray of left back yes!! Looking like a real dunce most of the time against them and their no. 11 real put dong beats and make he look dotish wheey. And with 5 mins to you know small Cox make a good ish run up the left (again something Gray could do on the right) and could have made a nice cross on the left flank line just before it went out, but instead he chose to let it go to touch like a wuss!! He coulda fling he blasted left foot out any thing like that would have been a dangerous cross.

Yeah I agree with Taller, poor Edwards did not get into the game enough especially in the 2nd half. In the ending of the first half Edwards listened to me screaming for him to play right wing in Trotters and showed what a menace he can always be if he PLAYS HIS ACTUAL POSITION AS RIGHT WING when he set up Birchall and also had a good cross. But poor he Beenear have him playing all kinda right back, right mid. all kinda mix up thing. Shit man Edwards is our best winger by FAR he must stick strictly to that position again, remember when we beat Panama 2-0 at home, he eat up the blasted right!! Even against the US when we lost 2-1 he was instrumental as well.

Again, Sancho come back we need you, Cox go back to England!! And of course Kenwyne we definitely need you too!!!

Jason.

This is the underlying reason why team ssuch as the USA dominate this region. To have a good football team, you have to have a strong bench. You cant conquer the world with 11 players, or 20 for that matter. Injury and suspensions are part and parcel of the game. It comes back to the quality of your domestic leagues. Countries with good leagues are able to dominate. Is it any surprise that the 3 best teams in the region are the teams with superior doemstic leagues?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Domestic league and player depth
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2005, 04:17:55 PM »
This is the underlying reason why team ssuch as the USA dominate this region. To have a good football team, you have to have a strong bench. You cant conquer the world with 11 players, or 20 for that matter. Injury and suspensions are part and parcel of the game. It comes back to the quality of your domestic leagues. Countries with good leagues are able to dominate. Is it any surprise that the 3 best teams in the region are the teams with superior doemstic leagues?

Yuh damn right. Without de MLS, USA would never be in their current position. Imagine their current player pool consists of 71 players  :o.

1]; } ?>