March 28, 2024, 03:00:13 PM

Author Topic: Youths in T&T now a days.  (Read 2844 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Youths in T&T now a days.
« on: September 23, 2008, 11:44:53 AM »
Anyone know if de Youths in T&T now a days does still mine Pigeons and Fishes ?

In my time (de 80s) I had some serious racing pigeons, we use to take them Mayaro, Tobago and they come right back home....

I had some big goal fish too and some Oscars that use to bite yuh hand....

Any good petshop left in T&T now. Or they have gun shop now.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Youths in T&T now a days.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 11:47:18 AM »
Anyone know if de Youths in T&T now a days does still mine Pigeons and Fishes ?

In my time (de 80s) I had some serious racing pigeons, we use to take them Mayaro, Tobago and they come right back home....

I had some big goal fish too and some Oscars that use to bite yuh hand....

Any good petshop left in T&T now. Or they have gun shop now.

so dem fish used to play forward or defense?  ;D

jus on kicks eh..

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 11:58:56 AM »
yeah man my lil bro had a big pond in the back yard with some massive Koi in it up to recently....

Pigeon minding might be a dying art though.....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 07:24:51 PM »
Wheys..dat bring back memories boy. going to tief fish from pet store in sando. Use to line we pocket with plastic bag and with lil water. then while the designated talker kept the owner busy, we used to real rongs up fish.

There were a few stores we frequented..

- khans (prince of whales street I think)
- a place on the top of todd street (underneat a shop)
- a place up in springvale

We had several tanks behind (old barrel) our house with all kinda breed. But nuff time we forget to cover them and rain would fall.. yep, fishy gone down the drain oui. At one point we probably had more varieties than some pet shop.

About 10 years ago I started back with the fish ting as I got a job with one of the biggest importers of tropical fish in Canada. Had a beautiful collections of African Chiclids who were now starting to develop their shape and colours. had to take a Trip to TnT for 2 weeks. my wife decided to stay at her parents home while I was gone, so instead of coming home to feed them every couple days she left enough food in the tank for 2 weeks. No filter could have saved them. Ah still vex!

As for pigeons. My bro was ah real papabois, so he had all kinda animal rong the house. Lets juss say he pigeon went missing a few times. Makes good thickner for sauce in bush cook. Had nuff stew rabbit and yam as well, with a hint of coconut creme.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 08:25:20 PM »
I did buy an alligator one time from a pet shop close to Maraval road and Tragarete road. It was just over a foot long
I had a metal tank that was 3 feet off the ground on a stand and it was 6 foot by 6 foot and about 1 1/2 foot deep. I used to go to the river and catch fish for it to eat.
One time i went away for awhile and when I come home my parents had got derid of the whole setup
Man I was VEX no arse ;D ;D
my dad always had a cage of local song birds and
when I was real young he had pigeons.
One time meh fadda ask what happening to his birds
he sent my smaller brother into the cage to check the nesting box and a macquel had setup shop in there :rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 04:38:16 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 11:03:29 AM »
I had a yellow-ish pigeon and one day he get thread from a father pigeon and fly of with him and never came back home. Ah still vex, went by the man house and beg him back for meh bird, he eh give me it back at all. That hurt.

San Fernando Hill have some big gold fish in de pond, Jonny Song does leggo them their from he pond with it get crowded at Great Wall.

Fins and Feathers in La Romain was a nice petshop.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 11:06:25 AM by Sando »

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 09:14:21 PM »
I mine a plethora of fish, morocoy,dog, bird and even a blue crab one time.
But Pigeon is a rat with wings and if yuh want to see wildness? Find a stray cat and lock it in a pigeon coop. 

Més que un club.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 09:57:35 PM »
My niece now 16 liv in d US now me eh know but that chile like 2 take care ah fish. If u c d aquarium she mudder buy she.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 01:08:21 AM »
Sam i could of swear you living in trini all this time by the way you does talk :rotfl:

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 11:03:32 PM »
Wheys..dat bring back memories boy. going to tief fish from pet store in sando. Use to line we pocket with plastic bag and with lil water. then while the designated talker kept the owner busy, we used to real rongs up fish.

There were a few stores we frequented..

- khans (prince of whales street I think)
- a place on the top of todd street (underneat a shop)
- a place up in springvale

We had several tanks behind (old barrel) our house with all kinda breed. But nuff time we forget to cover them and rain would fall.. yep, fishy gone down the drain oui. At one point we probably had more varieties than some pet shop.

About 10 years ago I started back with the fish ting as I got a job with one of the biggest importers of tropical fish in Canada. Had a beautiful collections of African Chiclids who were now starting to develop their shape and colours. had to take a Trip to TnT for 2 weeks. my wife decided to stay at her parents home while I was gone, so instead of coming home to feed them every couple days she left enough food in the tank for 2 weeks. No filter could have saved them. Ah still vex!

As for pigeons. My bro was ah real papabois, so he had all kinda animal rong the house. Lets juss say he pigeon went missing a few times. Makes good thickner for sauce in bush cook. Had nuff stew rabbit and yam as well, with a hint of coconut creme.

Jumbie, yuh still have tanks?  I looking to get ah bigger one.  I have like 10 African Chiclids now but they getting bigger LOL.  Looking to mate some of them now but doh have the time to watch them.  Anyway hit me ah pm if you still in the business.  I'll post pics of my fish and turtle when I have time.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 03:20:11 AM »
As for pigeons. My bro was ah real papabois, so he had all kinda animal rong the house. Lets juss say he pigeon went missing a few times. Makes good thickner for sauce in bush cook.

pigeon dread?? flying rats :puking: :puking:

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 09:33:27 AM »

[/quote]

Jumbie, yuh still have tanks?  I looking to get ah bigger one.  I have like 10 African Chiclids now but they getting bigger LOL.  Looking to mate some of them now but doh have the time to watch them.  Anyway hit me ah pm if you still in the business.  I'll post pics of my fish and turtle when I have time.
[/quote]

nah, I done with fish. Unless it involves stew or curry...and how I forget deep fry.

I had a couple tanks until last year, when I decided to clean out the garage. My daughter was buggin for a turtle and all we kept hearing about was some disease they does carry.. so I say time to get rid of dem tank oui.

yea, them chiclids does grow fast in the righ environment.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 10:38:40 AM »

nah, I done with fish. Unless it involves stew or curry...and how I forget deep fry.

I had a couple tanks until last year, when I decided to clean out the garage. My daughter was buggin for a turtle and all we kept hearing about was some disease they does carry.. so I say time to get rid of dem tank oui.

yea, them chiclids does grow fast in the righ environment.

tell me about it..

ah always had ah big pond in de backyard with plenty cichlids.. the light blue ones, the navy blue stripe ones, the ugly brown ones, de yellow ones and then a setta hybrid ones from all de vice that used to go on in de pond..

but yuh see dem frigging pink ones! dem ting does multiply like tilapia and dey bad too.. they marking off they space and attacking anything that come close.. i give a partner one and he cyah stop cussin meh yet.. he say he put it in a tank with some rare expensive and aggressive oscars and come back 2 hours later and all he oscars belly up or half dead..

i breed turtles and sell to the pet shop.. still have about 7 left and they have to be over 12 yrs old..

then is dog, cat, chicken, duck, crab, bird... i had all at one time or another..

chai's pet shop in mausica is de real spot for fish.. I buy a sting ray from there last year but I think it dead now.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 11:51:17 AM »
Is a phase we all pass through.

I had meh fish, but as I get older it ent make sense cleaning fish tank so I leggo dat.

I had some runaway turtles...they used to climb out the island tank thingy and go missing...two weeks later yuh find them some part of the house cover in dust and moving slow slow.

I had nuff dog, from pompeck, dustbin terrier, labrador to German Shepard. All used to shit stink and is I had to clean it. Not me and dog again.

Right now is stray cat in meh arse by me. As I or a neighbour deal with one, another does pop up.

Small men now does still mind fish but as with everything it getting expensive. They rather watch blues on they phone or sell the lil mpeg clip for a dollar to they partners or copy and sell dvd.

When yuh check it minding fighter and guppy long time was hobby to sell and make change. Now they have other hustle for the small men and dem to do.

Pigeon scarce, A phillipino man wukking by we say that is expensive meat in he country. He does be amazed how they have so much in woodford square just flying around. But he say he partners does get and they does make "cook" on weekend. Also too I find the number of stray dogs in the city diminishing...either the tspca or whoever in charge of stray dog wukking. Or all them Asian workers, feasting when night come.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 02:21:19 AM »
As for pigeons. My bro was ah real papabois, so he had all kinda animal rong the house. Lets juss say he pigeon went missing a few times. Makes good thickner for sauce in bush cook.

Yuh wrong bro......  I not talking about de wild ones you see flying all over de place....

Pigeons have the best instincts off all birds. And it have money in it too... pigeon racing, you would not believe how smart the homing pigeons are....

Racing Pigeons.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 04:17:36 AM »
Yuh wrong bro......  I not talking about de wild ones you see flying all over de place....
Pigeons have the best instincts off all birds. And it have money in it too... pigeon racing, you would not believe how smart the homing pigeons are....
Racing Pigeons.
Yeah, used to go shooting wild pigeon (speckled Ramier) down Penal way when I was living home.
sweet meat
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>