April 27, 2024, 07:52:50 AM

Author Topic: Russia liming in Venezuela  (Read 4040 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Russia liming in Venezuela
« on: September 10, 2008, 03:29:10 PM »

THE Venezuelan Government has confirmed that four Russian naval vessels will participate in joint exercises in the Caribbean this year, a move that could further strain relations between Russia and the United States.

Venezuela's naval intelligence chief, Admiral Salbatore Cammarata Bastidas, said a Russian force, including four naval vessels and 1000 military personnel, would take part in mid-November exercises with Venezuelan frigates, patrol boats, submarines and aircraft.

The announcement on Sunday came soon after Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin warned that NATO's deployment of several warships to the Black Sea in the aftermath of Russia's invasion of Georgia last month would not go unanswered.

The Russian agreement to send ships could also be seen as part of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez's campaign to build up his military, an effort that includes arms deals, a proposed South American Defence Council and a recent decree that gives his armed forces a greater role in carrying out his social agenda.

Mr Chavez, a strident US critic, has said the actions are to ward off what he has described as US imperialist designs on Venezuela and other Latin American countries.

He has long suspected that the US supported a failed 2002 coup against him.

Mr Chavez is particularly unhappy with the reformation of the US Fourth Fleet, which has begun patrolling the Caribbean after having been disbanded in 1953.

Officials at Southern Command, the Pentagon's Miami-based headquarters, have said the Fourth Fleet's revival is organisational in purpose and is not a response to tensions with Venezuela.

Mr Chavez said during a visit to Russia in July that its ships and aircraft were welcome to come to Venezuela.

Flush with oil revenue, Venezuela has spent $US4 billion ($A4.9 billion) since 2004 on military hardware, mainly bought from Russia, according to the Security and Democracy Foundation of Caracas. Those deals included 53 Russian helicopters and 24 Sukhoi fighter jets. Venezuela is also buying rights and technology for a factory near Caracas to build Kalashnikov assault rifles.

During his visit to Russia, Mr Chavez said the two nations had formed a "strategic partnership" and that he was buying a Russian defensive missile system to thwart a potential US air attack.

In recent months, advisers of Mr Chavez said Venezuela was considering buying five diesel-powered Russian submarines. The deal would make it the region's top naval force, according to retired general Alberto Muller, a Chavez confidant.

Venezuelan officials have justified arms purchases with Russia by noting the ban on all weapons sales by US companies to Venezuela. The ban extends to foreign manufacturers' arms that contain US components.

Los Angeles Times
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 03:31:17 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Russia liming in Venezuela
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 03:34:50 PM »
aye Ruskies
why allya doh leave frail ole Uncle Sam alone in the sunset of his superpower ship :devil: :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 03:40:54 PM »
Russia just making a play for oil.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 03:41:28 PM »
Note that the US military is in Trinidad repairing schools.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 04:05:01 PM »
eh?

investment for the future ::)

any body ask the ruskies what they would charge for the repairs :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 06:46:39 PM »
US base coming soon to a home near you
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 09:28:00 PM »

Is the first thing that I say. The Theodore or whatever the aircraft carrier name will be parked in the gulf pretty soon.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 11:45:26 PM »

Better the US than Chavez and the Putinites.

If not for the US bet yuh bottom dollar this 'Marxist Revolution' talk woulda been more than just rhetorical by now.  Up and down the Caribbean.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 11:15:33 AM »

Better the US than Chavez and the Putinites.

If not for the US bet yuh bottom dollar this 'Marxist Revolution' talk woulda been more than just rhetorical by now.  Up and down the Caribbean.

Well said , Chavez and Putin ah mad people marraige mad in hell
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 07:06:47 PM »
appssss ... maldito yanqui ... senor ambassador ... yuh hadda buss it! haul your what's it not out of caracas now ... who knows maybe Chavez is a fan of Trini futbol  ::) and he din appreciate de imperialistic reminder of yesterday's thumping .... ah hope de ambassador eh flying commercial ... flights out harder to come by

Chavez will cool down in a WH under Barack ...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 07:14:18 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 11:15:20 AM »
US will be victorious  :devil:

Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 03:31:19 PM »
The US has been spying Chavez for the longest while. The Blimp in TT.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Russian ships head for Venezuela
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 09:03:12 PM »
Russian warships have set off for Venezuela for joint exercises unprecedented since the Cold War.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7629947.stm <--- video link

Peter the Great heads the fleet travelling 15,000 miles to Venezuela

The fleet of ships, headed by the nuclear-powered Peter the Great cruiser, set off from its base at Severomorsk in the Arctic.

The ships are due to take part in joint manoeuvres with Venezuela in November.

The move is seen as a rebuff to the United States, which is facing increasingly fraught relationships with the two nations.

Russian Navy spokesman Igor Dygalo said the ships set sail at 1000 local time (0600 GMT), and would travel 15,000 nautical miles to reach their destination.

"It's the nuclear-powered guided missile cruiser Peter the Great, the anti-submarine warship Admiral Chebanenko and other accompanying ships," he told the AFP news agency.

Two Russian bombers arrived in Venezuela last week for training flights.

Moscow has intensified ties with Venezuela and other Latin American countries recently as its relationship with Washington has become strained.

Caracas and Moscow have signed arms contracts, and are looking to extend bilateral co-operation on energy.

Russian Deputy Prime Minister Igor Sechin, in Caracas last week, said five Russian oil firms were looking to begin operations in Venezuela.

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, who will visit Moscow this week, said on Sunday that Latin America needed a strong friendship with Russia to help reduce Washington's influence in the region.

A staunch critic of the US, he backed Russian intervention in Georgia last month and has accused Washington of being scared of Moscow's "new world potential".

Mr Sechin also warned the US not to view Latin America as its own backyard. "It would be wrong to talk about one nation having exclusive rights to this zone," he told the Associated Press.

During the Cold War, Latin America became an ideological battleground between the US and the then USSR.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7628899.stm

Youtube Channel

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Russian ships head for Venezuela
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 11:13:12 PM »
aye aye wen allyuh doin allyuh shit jus make sure dat nuttin drop on my sweet T&T eh...US Vene Russia Keep it tuh yuhself!!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2008, 03:10:31 PM »
I see that Navy ship thing going across the screen on the BBC ticker yesterday...but what de hell is this....look Chavez, aggravate Bush all yuh want but can you just pull yuh country ah lil further away from we....please and thanks....

Oh ho....daiz wha dey here for??  and here I was thinking they just wanted to keep an eye on Chavez...silly me  ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2008, 11:09:42 PM »
I see that Navy ship thing going across the screen on the BBC ticker yesterday...but what de hell is this....look Chavez, aggravate Bush all yuh want but can you just pull yuh country ah lil further away from we....please and thanks....

Oh ho....daiz wha dey here for??  and here I was thinking they just wanted to keep an eye on Chavez...silly me  ;D

Of course thats what they here for. They using it as therapy for hardened war personnel.....they making them reconnect with humanity. In fact they pulled a man from live combat in Afghanistan and have de man here mixing concrete!
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 06:49:55 AM »
Of course thats what they here for. They using it as therapy for hardened war personnel.....they making them reconnect with humanity. In fact they pulled a man from live combat in Afghanistan and have de man here mixing concrete!
ya see any BlackWater people in TnT as yet?
dem is de make as eef badjohns ;D
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 07:11:48 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2008, 08:37:01 AM »

Blackwater is now thought to have registered out of Barbados under a different name.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2008, 08:52:51 AM »

Blackwater is now thought to have registered out of Barbados under a different name.
ent you talking 'bout Greystone
mentioned here
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 10:01:58 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008, 04:54:36 PM »
Throw this into the mix

Hugo keep de statements nice and diplomatic too

CARACAS, Venezuela —  President Hugo Chavez said Sunday that Russia will help Venezuela develop nuclear energy — a move likely to raise U.S. concerns over increasingly close cooperation between Caracas and Moscow.

Chavez said he accepted an offer from Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin for assistance in building a nuclear reactor.

"Russia is ready to support Venezuela in the development of nuclear energy with peaceful purposes and we already have a commission working on it," Chavez said. "We are interested in developing nuclear energy."

Interesting times ahead.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 05:04:51 PM »
I just hope that the wind is blowing away from TnT
as this pictures shows Nuclear Fallout could travel real far ;)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 05:23:29 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>