March 28, 2024, 08:20:08 AM

Author Topic: Marvin Andrews Thread.  (Read 16724 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Marvin Andrews Thread.
« on: September 23, 2008, 03:07:28 PM »
What happen to Marvin Andrews haven’t heard any word from him

« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 02:17:00 AM by Flex »
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Marvin Andrews
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 03:43:08 PM »
He is still recovering from knee surgery.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 04:08:46 PM »
thanks fire we missed his presents in the air
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 08:25:21 PM »
Or, I thought he getting called back too.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 09:35:23 PM »
He wukin only like a dog could 2 regain his fitness. He is ahead of d game so god willin if we in d hex he go b in d mix. He put Latas in he dvd so he go get a bligh
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 10:28:24 AM »
Andrews should be a motivator for the team. I am not sure if he is any good on the field at this level still because of that injury.

But he should be involved with the T&T team, a preacher, motivator, he can lift the team in many ways.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 03:41:19 PM »
He home thinking about his 99 caps and wondering if he will ever reach to 100!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 11:00:20 PM »
Dog will have his say
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 07:07:40 AM »
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/2009/03/05/soccer-shorts-livi-to-hold-a-mass-meeting-86908-21172234/

FORMER Rangers defender Marvin Andrews, 33, is bidding to make a comeback from injury in the hope he can clinch 100 caps for Trinidad & Tobago.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 12:22:47 PM »
Dat is a broken record now.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 01:14:14 PM »

Well he played a full game today for Raith Rovers in a 1-0 win over East Fife.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 04:10:35 PM »

Any reports on his performance yet? Thanks.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2009, 07:23:42 PM »
http://www.raithroversfc.com/cgi-bin/matchdetails.cgi?id=844&type=3

"John McGlynn was a happy man at full time with another Fife Derby victory under his belt and an “unbelievable” performance from ‘trialist’ Marvin Andrews along with Mark Campbell at the back, and a confidence boosting goal from Graham Weir, some of the positive points taken from the game."
"The big talking point prior to the match was the inclusion of Marvin Andrews in the Rovers starting line-up for the first time in over a year as a trialist. Not that you would have noticed had you not known, because the big man played as if he had never been away. His performance (and that of defensive partner Mark Campbell) was a major contribution to this victory.

"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2009, 08:00:46 PM »

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2009, 08:37:15 PM »
OK Checked out d Raith site. Good reviews Latas give Dog he 100th on d 28th nah.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 06:04:09 AM »
Air Dog

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 09:52:41 AM »
With the injury behind him, ah feel Dog go make a good run the the finish line, an impressive run till he hang up his boots.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 10:21:44 AM »
Brilliant...Come on Dog .. 2 more 90 minute games before the 28th and you should be in the Squad....lord knows we need defenders

And hopefully Cyd and Avery can get back in the squad to bolster up the RB and LB positions

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 11:36:39 AM »
Dang!!!! If Dog back in that squad i can't tell how positive that will be.  Let it be so  :praying:
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 01:31:22 PM »
Dang!!!! If Dog back in that squad i can't tell how positive that will be.  Let it be so  :praying:

Not only cosign I praying with you.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 03:33:40 PM »
I like it I'm concerned at the same time, we gradually buil'ing back d "ole man" senior team, when d under 20s might have good up and comin players, ah mean europe provin that age is jus a number on the youth side too, wouldn't make sense to find and groom appropriate shadows for the players we consider d most reliable, man happy that d 06 team comin back bit by bit......hell I happy too, but if dey comin back, dey should be tryin to identify dey "younger selves", ah mean tryin youth while wasn't HIGHLY successful, it identified some good talent. and while some might say it had d mediocre elements and perhaps still do, to me dat seemed to have more to do wit personal bias by some parties rather than a lack of competent replacement, ent sam throw a list jus a while ago, in football terms age doh seem to be ah experience/competence benchmark anymore .................. Van Basten's Holland team comes to mind.   
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 04:10:05 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2009, 03:46:29 PM »
I like it I'm concerned at the same time, we gradually buil'ing back d "ole man" senior team, when d under 20s might have good up and comin players, ah mean europe provin that age is jus a number on the youth side too, wouldn't make sense to find and groom appropriate shadows for the players we consider d most reliable, man happy that d 06 team comin back bit by bit......hell I happy too, but if dey comin back, dey should be tryin to identify dey "younger selves", ah mean tryin youth while wasn't HIGHLY successful, it identified some good talent. and while some might say it had d mediocre elements and perhaps still do, to me dat seemed to have more to do wit personal bias by some parties rather than a lack of competent replacement, ah sam through a list jus a while ago, in football terms age doh seem to be ah experience bench mark anymore.................. Van Basten's Holland team comes to mind.   

We tried d yute ting and we realize dey eh ready. D defence in a mess a hot mess. Thomas like ah old FORD only breakin down and Hislop for a man in town dat long eh impress meh. So leh we reunite d siamese twins Lawerence and Andrews. If they pass d baton properly dem yutes in d under 20 go b leadin d quest for Brazil 2014.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2009, 08:38:11 PM »
We tried d yute ting and we realize dey eh ready. D defence in a mess a hot mess. Thomas like ah old FORD only breakin down and Hislop for a man in town dat long eh impress meh. So leh we reunite d siamese twins Lawerence and Andrews. If they pass d baton properly dem yutes in d under 20 go b leadin d quest for Brazil 2014.

I get u, but I refuse to believe that the names mentioned are all TT has to offer in central defense, who knows what can be found if they widen d search, wit all d choppin an' changin mats do d defense nevva really change much...................AFAIK
I pity the fool....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2009, 08:40:35 PM »

I get u, but I refuse to believe that the names mentioned are all TT has to offer in central defense, who knows what can be found if they widen d search, wit all d choppin an' changin mats do d defense nevva really change much...................AFAIK

If u could come up wit some central defenders I go b happy like pappy.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2014, 03:35:51 PM »
Veteran defender Marvin Andrews shines as he helps City get off to a flier
dailyrecord.co.uk

FORMER Rangers star shows his class on trial with Elgin while Montrose go top of League 2 table after crushing East Fife.

ELGIN’S players and fans marvelled at evergreen Marvin Andrews as the Trinidad and Tobago ace dazzled on trial.

The 38-year-old former Rangers star was named man of the match after a dominant display.

And Craig Gunn, who sealed victory with a fine finish in 71 minutes, said: “Marvin showed everyone what a good player he is.

“He brought a lot of solidity and a bit of extra leadership.”

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2014, 01:31:53 AM »
A baller who played at Raith briefly - during Marvin's first stint at Raith - shared a story about going to the grocery (or some place similar) wid Dog, and all Dog buying iz ah set ah bananas and milk.

De baller: dahis all yuh eating/getting? ... Marvin: dahis all I need; I good.

Baller say Marvin was STRONG ... both physically and in belief/self-belief. Yuh could tell it was a pleasant memory, as the player (now retired) reflected.

De baller who was also at Hibs briefly during Latas' time ... jumped from a brief mention of Latas (said de stuff everyone who has seen him up close says about his technical ability), to the memory above.

Marvin: de fella ah talking bout is ah French-speaking fella from a lil island off de coast of Africa. Striker, later converted to a back elsewhere. :beermug:

Edit: might ah been water instead of milk  :-\.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 07:29:12 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2014, 10:34:09 AM »
Veteran defender Marvin Andrews shines as he helps City get off to a flier
dailyrecord.co.uk

FORMER Rangers star shows his class on trial with Elgin while Montrose go top of League 2 table after crushing East Fife.

ELGIN’S players and fans marvelled at evergreen Marvin Andrews as the Trinidad and Tobago ace dazzled on trial.

The 38-year-old former Rangers star was named man of the match after a dominant display.

And Craig Gunn, who sealed victory with a fine finish in 71 minutes, said: “Marvin showed everyone what a good player he is.

“He brought a lot of solidity and a bit of extra leadership.”
Scored today for Elgin City

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Elgin City sign Marvin Andrews
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2014, 06:39:23 PM »
Elgin City sign Marvin Andrews
By Craig Christie (The Northern Scot)

FORMER Rangers defender Marvin Andrews has completed his move to Elgin City on a one-year deal.

City boss Barry Wilson revealed how the 38-year-old agreed to sign a contract with the club after a successful three-match trial.

“It’s great news, having seen what he can bring to the team and the club,” Barry said. “The reaction that we’ve had from the fans and the players as well has been great.”

Andrews, who was capped 101 times by Trinidad and Tobago, had been reluctant to commit his future to Elgin due to the amount of travel involved from his Kirkcaldy base.

However, he said he had been won over by the Moray club and its supporters during his three trial games.

“I’m coming to the end of my career but I’m still enjoying playing on a Saturday,” Marvin told the Northern Scot. “I’m just so happy that Barry has given me the opportunity to be here and show what I’m still capable of at the age of 38.

“It’s a very, very nice club with great supporters, and the team plays very attractive football.”

Andrews helped City beat East Fife and Clyde in their first two home games of their League 2 season, winning man of the match awards in both 1-0 successes.

He also scored in the 2-1 away defeat at East Stirling.

“Two awards and scoring a goal means I couldn’t have had a better three trial games. I hope I’ve impressed the manager.”

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2014, 11:46:59 AM »
to me..one of the greatest TT success stories ever.. and will get more accolades and praise in Scotland than the country he is from and whose calls he allways answered.. Done it all, and still doing it...all praise to his beliefs.
My hall of fame for sure

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2014, 11:58:37 AM »
One of my favourite players of all time!
I was disappointed he didn't get on the pitch during the world cup after doing all the hard work to get us there...
All the best Dawg!  :beermug:

1]; } ?>